Did you burn the Tyrion's letter letting house Forrester sell Ironwood?

Comments

• Burnt it without hesitation. It's a proof of me being connected to the man, who has killed Joffrey (as everyone thinks) and is going to kill Tywin. Just why the hell would anybody keep it? I was shocked to see how many people did so. I can't see how this letter will be able to help me - seems like Tyrion has just lost all his authority in King's Landing - and so have most of the documents he has signed.

• Lord M wanted me to burn it. He said he played the game. Why would he help me if he had no competition? Kept it.

• I burnt it. Can't be seen as an ally of Tyrion right now. With any luck, I will be able to disavow my support of him, and negotiate a deal with Cersei to testify against him for the murder of the King, in exchange for a new deal. Cersei did bribe a bunch of the witnesses after all, got to go where the best chance is.

• Kept it because...

The letter seals the Ironwood trading between the Forresters and the Crown, not Tyrion or Mira. And Lord Goldilocks is the Whitehill representative for that House's Ironwood trade.

The letter forces an alliance between the two Houses and funds Asher's sellsword army, thus when the Glenmores (if you got the marriage) and the sellswords join the fray, the Whitehills will be destroyed unless the Boltons turn up to be dicks like usual.

So burning the letter destroys the best chance of saving the Forresters from being wiped out before Gared finds the North Grove, which we will find, but chances are we're going to be stabbed in the back.

• It's an adventure game. Take and keep everything!

• Yeah, but I think I can outsmart him ;)

LeeJames posted: »

There's is that guard on Mira's tail

• Isn't the letter signed by Tyrion Lannister and therefore void?

Barthanax posted: »

Kept it because... The letter seals the Ironwood trading between the Forresters and the Crown, not Tyrion or Mira. And Lord Goldilocks is

• I find this to be the most mystifying part of this whole thing. The implications of burning or keeping the letter are never really fully explained. I would keep the letter if it could still be enforced, but burn it if it was simply evidence to use against me for complicity with Tyrion.

StrawHuman posted: »

Isn't the letter signed by Tyrion Lannister and therefore void?

• I burned it. Letters don't have a good history in Game of Thrones. (See King Robert's will). And Tyrion has just been arrested for killing Joffrey! I don't see what good could come out of keeping it.

• It was not from what was said, only that the letter was on his desk. My guess is he had not signed it but put it in the strongbox because of Mira and the mistrust towards the North. I could be wrong, but my assumption is that the letter had yet to be signed, which might be why you had to kiss Cersei's ass before Episode 3.

StrawHuman posted: »

Isn't the letter signed by Tyrion Lannister and therefore void?

• i didnt burn it .at the time of making the choice i didnt understand i thought mira went to get the letter to give it to the lord interested in deal not to cut ties with tyrion so when the choice came up i chose keep it but in hind sight i kind of wished i burnt it because i cant help but think that the choices which end with the forresters winning would be the choices in which they dont seem like they would help the forresters every time i play or even think about the game of thrones game i worry that it is too late to save the forresters and that i have made too many mistakes will have to wait and see

• Think I'll rewind this ep a bit and choose to burn it, want to see what Tom will do.
    And I don't trust that other handmaiden, she's up to something.

• I kept it in the first save file I have , now I'm playing it again and making other choices to see difference will burn it this time

• Morgryn said they could strike a deal later on if the letter "were to disappear". From that, I gathered that Mira needed to destroy the letter, as any alliance with Tyrion at this point puts everyone in deep shite -- including Morgryn.

With no evidence? Only Mira's word? An abandoned handmaiden with no allies?

• My reasoning as well. Even when he is (sorta, not really) cleared for the murder of Joffrey in the HBO series, he skips town. So any alliance with Tyrion at this stage is pointless, given that he's no longer the Master of Coin and there will soon be a bounty on his head for killing his father.

• Yes! Exactly! His Master of Coin status will soon be ripped off him, which would render the letter void. So, even if you kept it, you couldn't do anything with it....

Krapinka posted: »

Burnt it without hesitation. It's a proof of me being connected to the man, who has killed Joffrey (as everyone thinks) and is going to kill

• I should have burned it. A moment of panic means that I kept the sucker, and have largely come to regret that decision.

• I was very tempted to keep it, but I burnt it instead. Any association with Tyrion would be bad with him imprisoned for Joffery's murder, and even worse later on since we know he'll be found guilty.

• In the book house Forster side's with the other king Stains when the helps the nights Whache with an army as well fuck every one who isn't Forester I will kill them all and flay that fatass on an iron wood tree lmao.

• Well, even if you keep it, the trouble of getting the letter was worth it. Because whether or not you want to burn or keep the letter, just letting it in Tyrions Room (it was there, right? Long time I played it last) is still way more dangerous than keeping it yourself.

• I think basically if you could keep and use the letter it would be bad for Mira and good for the House, but won't the House have a bad reputation as well if they were involved with Tyrion ?
    And with the deal with Lord Morgryn, I think it's about whether you trust him enough to burn the letter. But also if it somehow didn't work out with Lord Morgryn you could keep the letter just in case :\

• May be I am missing something, but that letter is the only thing I can use to at least try to secure the ironwood deal. Or still be in that game, considering what the trader said. Not that i believe him...
    Mira's connection to Tyrion is impossible to hide anyway. The letter is at least an argument, that the connection was about ironwood, and not something else. I am glad that Tyrion said it himself near Margery.
    Anyway Mira's situation, so as all the Forester's situation is so dire, that you just have to take risks. So I did't burn it.

• Anything to help the famalan. He still has a favour to call though!

Duruial posted: »

I burnt it. Can't be seen as an ally of Tyrion right now. With any luck, I will be able to disavow my support of him, and negotiate a deal

• I don't know why so people are confused over this.

The decree, signed by Tyrion now a traitor and the King's poisoner, is not only utterly useless, but one would be a fool to keep this evidence tying the owner to Tyrion, let alone making any use of it. (Especially when Mira is already under the radar of Queen Cersei for having mere conversations with Tyrion ; and when even your mistress Lady Margaery disapproved of these secret talkings).

In the words of the former Whitehills' negotiator :
    "I'm afraid it just became a very bad time to be linked to Tyrion Lannister".

When he asks "Tell me you got that ironwood decree from him before the wedding ?" He just hopes for your sake that it is already in your hands for the obvious purpose of destroying it.

"but if it were to 'disappear', perhaps we could talk again".
    He clearly suggests to Mira that her only chance they can get in business again would be that the decree disappeared. He doesn't want to get it, to see it, most probably he wouldn't want to touch it with a ten foot pole. He wants it to disappear.

I don't know which part people don't get.

Some said they kept it to show this guy proof that Mira could obtain the deal from Tyrion : he doesn't need proof, he knew you reached this deal, he was fired by the Whitehills over it.

Some said they kept it because it might not be signed Tyrion but more generically "The Master of Coin"... As if nobody knew who the Master of Coin who signed this was, and as if the news of his demise wouldn't reach anyone before the decree.

tl;dr
    The decree is null and void and the only reason you were given to get it back was to get rid of this evidence tying you to the new n°1 Public Enemy.

The option to keep it was a trap for the inventory fetishists who'll grab any item they can, and who will regret their "pick anything you can" logic bitterly in next episode.

• I'd really like to see that because I don't believe a word of it. Please explain exactly how you "got" this dialogue.

He said if it was signed that would be cool and if it is not we can forge a signature.

• edited April 2015

I keeped the knife, and Mira can get caught because of it. I don't really want another evidence that could hurt Mira and Forresters too, so I burn it too. (sorry for my bad English) :D

• I burnt that letter. Considering how precarious House Forresters situation is and now Mira's, my main thought process was if I were Mira I'm protecting my own skin first and this letter if found would get me killed. Hands down, no questions asked. Any concrete ties to Tyrion right now after Joffrey's death I think will result in Mira having to flee King's Landing in fear for her life. Considering everything else going on and how precarious her situation already is, I just couldn't take the risk. The Forrester's will just have to figure something else out without Mira's help for now.

• Yes!! That was my exact thought process too! I didn't even hesitate before throwing that damning thing into the fire. That whole episode I was banging my head wondering why I started that deal in the first place.

I don't know why so people are confused over this. The decree, signed by Tyrion now a traitor and the King's poisoner, is not only utterl

• No favors count anymore. At this point he didn't keep his end of the bargain. The deal didn't get signed. I like that idea of trying to get on Cersei's good side. I may have to try that. I already sided with her when asked who I would support, the crown or Margarey so she already sorta likes me for that. Shes pissed at me for talking to Tyrion though so testifying against him may get me back into her good graces and win support from the crown. Man this game makes people downright devious.

Anything to help the famalan. He still has a favour to call though!

• Ouch. I ditched the knife and burned the letter. Didn't want anything that could connect Mira to any wrongdoing whatsoever. If her room is ever searched they wont find the knife there. ^.~ And its not like they have fingerprinting to trace it to her that way.

PCGaming posted: »

I keeped the knife, and Mira can get caught because of it. I don't really want another evidence that could hurt Mira and Forresters too, so I burn it too. (sorry for my bad English)

• That whole episode I was banging my head wondering why I started that deal in the first place.

Pretty much the same for me. At the moment I first agreed to it, I was hoping for more immediate practical benefits and didn't realize the day of the royal wedding was so near. There were preparations, but such weddings are prepared months in advance, so I didn't take that as a clue... and if there was any talk about the delay, I hadn't paid attention.

When I fully realized this deal was about a long-term trade agreement under the not-so-long-term office of Tyrion as Master of Coin, I felt extremely stupid.

Yes!! That was my exact thought process too! I didn't even hesitate before throwing that damning thing into the fire. That whole episode I was banging my head wondering why I started that deal in the first place.

• Right! And I've read all the books! I knew what was going to happen, I just thought I would have more time! I've never seen a decision in a telltale game have such long lasting ramifications. I'm so tempted now to restart the entire game from episode 1 and see what will happen if I never take the deal at all.

That whole episode I was banging my head wondering why I started that deal in the first place. Pretty much the same for me. At the m

• 1st time: I panicked. The choice came out of nowhere imo. I burnt it. I might rewind it who knows

2nd time: I kept it

• Yeah, he only gets his favor if a deal is struck by him to get the crown to buy Forrester Ironwood. Given that his ability to do that just tanked, he doesn't get a favor anymore. Now, should Cersei make such a deal, she would certainly be entitled to a favor, which could be testifying against Tyrion.

Anything to help the famalan. He still has a favour to call though!

• Hmmm I wonder if he'll cross paths with Asher? Probably not to be honest.

• That was not exact from the game. At first I thought he was wanting the decree but after watching that part again I think he just wants it to go away.

I'd really like to see that because I don't believe a word of it. Please explain exactly how you "got" this dialogue.

• I think keeping it is worth it long term since it'll help get the money that we'll need for the mercenary army :)

• I kept it, but it was definitely a hard choice. It could really bite Mira in the butt either way so I figured I'd at least keep it and still have a chance of helping my family. Looking forward to seeing how it plays out.

• I don't understand how that letter can bring any additional harm. Tyrion was a master of coin. He had hundreds of agreements, met hundreds of people and made hundreds of deals. Half of King's Landing knows that you talked to him. A lot of people know about the deal, from Whitethills to Margery. Destroying the letter will not help. You are already under heavy suspicion. The Lanister guard gone missing after walking with you in the park late at night. The letter can't make it any worse.

• "Man"

Am I doing it wrong?

fallandir posted: »

"King"

Sign in to comment in this discussion.