Start a Story, be your own Fable. (Create a Fable Thread)

Comments

• I can understand WHY, dude but its a parallel universe. It took me some time to understand this but I get it now. And, everyone on here pretty much knows how the OC's act on a daily basis, anyway. :3

You're fine. IF you are having 2nd thoughts, maybe try a different approach....

HazzatheMan posted: »

... I feel quite tense about writing this chapter though I think it's cuz I'm portraying parallel versions of the characters, and I'm es

• I think it's cuz I'm ill and really down about it :P

I like how Tammy thought Nick was imagining Mary and Lyra this whole time! (Pie told me this)

Anyways, I'll get a chance to write the OC's proper in my next story :)

JJwolf posted: »

I can understand WHY, dude but its a parallel universe. It took me some time to understand this but I get it now. And, everyone on here pret

• and she's your ugly duckling, pie

Dude, we DO NOT speak of the 'old' Emily Porgie! :O

JJwolf posted: »

Gren is a lucky man! Anyways, its nice to see that Gren is finally accepting his place. I always knew Gren was the strongest one. I can't

• Tetra raises his hand this can only be done by Makoto since his body can be taken over by a god. (Sorry I was napping :p)

I hope you're ready for what happens in the swamp... Yeah Luke (with Death in his heart) would eventually kill Nick, but Nick could potentially kill Luke as well by removing his heart @Tetra please confirm this

• There are things that even I can't do and chess is one of them XD.

Of all the things you can do, you can't play chess?! XP I'll try and make Luke sarcastic for the chess game. At least I didn't make him talk during combat

• So if Nick ripped out Luke's heart and, say, devoured it! Then that wouldn't work?

Tetra posted: »

Tetra raises his hand this can only be done by Makoto since his body can be taken over by a god. (Sorry I was napping )

• I can play chess, but I'm not very good :P

There are things that even I can't do and chess is one of them XD.

• The heart would just form again as if nothing had been damaged. It'd be painful to him but unless if a god damages him he won't really get hurt he'll just feel pain.

So if Nick ripped out Luke's heart and, say, devoured it! Then that wouldn't work?

• Yeah, Nick isn't a God...

XP

The heart would just form again as if nothing had been damaged. It'd be painful to him but unless if a god damages him he won't really get hurt he'll just feel pain.

• Happy 20th Birthday to me :)

• Alt text

Have a great day! :D

Happy 20th Birthday to me

• Oh my, Mr Wolf! XD

LupineNoir posted: »

Have a great day!

• I know Nick isn't Death, but as he got his powers from Death - by being the Harbinger - I figured that Nick and Luke would be fairly evenly matched, and so 'Death and Death fighting' seemed like a snazzy thing to say. I apologise for not being specific enough, or if I've misunderstood some of your lore.

Intrigued to find out more about the soldiers, then!

Ah, excellent. :)

Armageddon may appear in a future chapter, but only as a flash-forward. War is quite hot-headed :P Death and Death? Nick isn't Death... Anyways, the soldiers ARE relevent, I'm impressed you spotted that! All 4 Grendels will appear soon....

• Glad you think Makoto came across well! As far as plans go, this won't be the last we see of him. :) Sounds like you could do with a rest! XD Happy you're doing great, man! I'm up and down like a yo-yo, but I'll set myself right. :P

I am really enjoying this Lupine! That picture is really awesome! Makoto was awesome! He actually sounds like me right now XD I'm doing great, hope everything is well on your end as well Lupine!

• Can see Georgie being all over that word. XD

Hey, sometimes it's good to just laugh like a weirdo and not know why. :P Glad you and the others are finding it enjoyable; I worry so much about what I'm having characters say or do - to make sure they are still in character - that sometimes it's a headache, but it's satisfying to know that some of that worry might be a little worthwhile. I just gotta stop worrying so much. XD Enjoyed drawing the picture; and Makoto is a real trooper. :3

Sounds like a fine plan for the day you got there; you all enjoy that sunshine. :) I'm doing somewhat okay, thanks!

pudding_pie posted: »

Word of the day is: Pendantry. XD Ahem. Anyways, that last sentence had me laughing like a weirdo and I don't know why. lol I'm loving th

• Thanks, dude. :)

Yep, thing will really get going with the time travel soon and although I'm not entirely sure how things will pan out, I'm determined to do a good job with everyone's characters! :D

MasterStone posted: »

Impressive work Lupine. I can't wait to see with you do with our OC, especially the time travel part lol.

• Death created Nick by using his Black Magic; Nick has a whole host of powers from his creator, but he hasn't used all of them yet. Still, Nick can't kill Luke when he has Death in his heart (as proven to me by Tetra)

The crest has a small significance...

I know Nick isn't Death, but as he got his powers from Death - by being the Harbinger - I figured that Nick and Luke would be fairly evenly

• She is. :) Wrote her for the first time when there was a Halloween challenge but didn't cover much back-story; all you really need to know is that she's from Nepal and the Himalayas, speaks with a bit of an accent, and is one of those characters with grit and determination.

Thanks! And that should be explained next chapter. :P Though I must admit that I can't totally remember how I decided to make it a goat!

So Dixa is a Yeti? That's pretty cool actually Nice chapter, you paint the most wonderful pictures with your vocabulary as always, and what on earth is that goat doing there?! :P I look forward to more! XD

• That picture you sketched makes her look fierce! XD Isn't her hair black though?

It's always a goat and no-one remembers why, just roll with it :P

She is. Wrote her for the first time when there was a Halloween challenge but didn't cover much back-story; all you really need to know is

• Those pants are hugging her closer than a koala to a tree; and she knows it. XD Also, only just noticed that Emily has a really good jawline! Bit of a weird thing to notice but, yeah, looks good. XD

Oh, Emily, she's like a kick-ass star radiating hope and forgiveness, tenacity and fortitude. Any Fable would have been lucky to enjoy a relationship with her, but Gren is the Fable that needed to have a relationship with her.

That description of the riverbank - wish I was there right now. Brilliant. :)

Anyway, Thomas' condition sounds shaky, but Gren accepting the Alpha position must be a weight off his mind. Things are really in motion now - exciting stuff! :D

pudding_pie posted: »

I can't say no to drawing Emily in yoga pants....:3 Thomas sat on the porch waiting for the Grendel family to return. Viviana unbuckled h

• Looked about a little and his expression in this pic seemed the best for happy birthday - he just happened to be topless, too. XD

Oh my, Mr Wolf! XD

• Ah, well, Death vs. Death certainly wasn't accurate, then.

Circle with a Y in it, and a flame, sword and man riding a horse in the different sections. Hmm. The horse and flame makes me think of the Harbingers, but I'm not sure. Might have to do with someone's OC?

Death created Nick by using his Black Magic; Nick has a whole host of powers from his creator, but he hasn't used all of them yet. Still, Ni

• She definitely has a wild-side, so to speak. XD It is! To be honest, I've been practicing drawing hair like that for a little while but I'm not exactly sure about the best way to shade it - doing some experiments now, actually - so I decided to just leave it lest I screw it up. :P

Good words, man! XD

That picture you sketched makes her look fierce! XD Isn't her hair black though? It's always a goat and no-one remembers why, just roll with it :P

• Topless Bigby is good enough for me! :D

Looked about a little and his expression in this pic seemed the best for happy birthday - he just happened to be topless, too. XD

• The Harbingers.... you're on the right track :)

It concerns a certain character we've met before!

(Man, you ARE good at picking stuff out XD)

Ah, well, Death vs. Death certainly wasn't accurate, then. Circle with a Y in it, and a flame, sword and man riding a horse in the differ

• Goats are just 'there' :P

Dixa and Jayne should be best friends! XD

Tbh, Dixa looks good with blonde hair! Like when Pie does drawings of Lyla, her hair is auburn, but in his drawings it sometimes looks blonde, and I think it really suits her :)

She definitely has a wild-side, so to speak. XD It is! To be honest, I've been practicing drawing hair like that for a little while but I'm

• Way to be selfish. (jk) Happy b-day! XD

• Thank you, Thread Master :D

Way to be selfish. (jk) Happy b-day! XD

• Alright! :D Yeah working with a hundred third graders can be extremely tiring, especially when they're there from seven thirty to one in the afternoon. But I'm all recharged and ready to go since my University is closed for Easter :p Hey man I'm sure things will pick up for the better soon! :D

Glad you think Makoto came across well! As far as plans go, this won't be the last we see of him. Sounds like you could do with a rest! XD Happy you're doing great, man! I'm up and down like a yo-yo, but I'll set myself right. :P

• Happy Birthday man!

Alt text

• Thnx dude! XD

Happy Birthday man!

• edited April 2015

Alt text

Have a great day, man! Stay awesome! :D

• Dude, you're the best! XD

Emily.... you're the hottest chick I ever saw, you make Gren happy,,, And when you get bored of him I'll be waiting ;)

• edited April 2015

Those pants are hugging her closer than a koala to a tree

Those are the beauty to Yoga pants, my good man. XD XD Nah, I think that's awesome; Georgie has the sam feature and I wanted to give Emily this trait. Junior sort of has it but at least I know it looks good! :D And the river. Another one of my many wishes to living in the country. XD

She definently has become her own and its just the thing Gren needed after all of it. :3 Not going to lie; I was not going to give it to Gren but after everything, the arm, his brothers and so on, it felt 'right' and could add more drama when it came to Robert. (Sorry JJ XD) Glad to see all is working out! :D

Those pants are hugging her closer than a koala to a tree; and she knows it. XD Also, only just noticed that Emily has a really good jawline

• Hey, no problem man :) Emily appreciates the much love, too. Also- looks over Oh snap....

And when you get bored of him I'll be waiting ;)

Alt text

Gren: DAFUQ.....

Dude, you're the best! XD Emily.... you're the hottest chick I ever saw, you make Gren happy,,, And when you get bored of him I'll be waiting

• Happy birthday Hazzah!

• :D Happy Birthday man!

I would insert a meme, however the internet is currently acting weird and I'm lucky to be able to write this comment XD

• Omg can we start calling Dragon 'Thread Master' all the time? Lmao XD

Thank you, Thread Master

• edited April 2015

The Woodlands. Late...

"Pretty insane stuff, huh Ethan?"

Side by side, Michelle and Ethan take a stroll to a nearby Hotdog cart. The short, chubby man with a thick mustache and accent takes their orders and prepares their Hotdogs.

"These are the best." Ethan wraps his arm around Michelle. "TRUST me and you have to try the fried pickles this guy makes. He gives you this ranch dipping sauce to go with it. Oh man. The best."

The vendor places a thick piece of meat in the buns. He adds mustard, ketchup, sauerkraut, red onions, chili peppers and hot, bubbly nacho cheese. Wrapping the food and placing them in little paper boats, Ethan pays for the meal, grabs two cokes and heads down the street once again with Michelle. The young woman removes her gloves and takes out the paper boat containing her food. Already, her face was hit with the intoxicating odor of cheese, onions and spices. The pair make their way until they reach Central park. Taking a seat, they eat their meals.

Ethan tears open the paper bag and shares the fried pickles. Michelle picks one up and investigates the crispy coated treat. Dipping it into the ranch, Michelle's tastebuds immediatly become lost in a world of flavors and delightful memories of her childhood. Her father was a immense enthusiast of anything related to ranch products. As Michelle enjoyed her dinner, she quickly found herself back to her youth. Ethan noticed the blank stare on Michelle's face. Taking a napkin, he smears off some chesse from the corner of her mouth.

"Hey...you alright there? Left me again."

"Yeah." Michelle glances up and smiles. "I was just thinking. These are really good by the way."

"Yeah, Marcelo knows his way around a wiener or two." Ethan chuckles, scooting closer to Michelle. "So, what WERE you thinking, if you don't mind me asking?"

"Nothing really Ethan. Just....life. What it used to be. Silly, silly things."

"Nah I don't think so. Come on. You've been working for Peter and I for, what, almost two years now? And I know nothing of your personal life. Just that your mother is the Toothfairy."

Michelle plays with the last piece of her hotdog before placing it in her mouth. Her eyes remain on the bag of fried pickles. Michelle desperatly wanted this to go away and forget about Ethan's question. She wanted nothing to do with that side of. Nothing devestating occured. Nothing like the story she'd hear inregards to Georgie and his past. No but it was enough for a young woman with a daughter to know where she belonged and avoid trouble.

"Ethan, there is nothing else I can tell you. I have a daughter, I'm a single mother, work for you and Peter and live in the Bronx. What more can you possibly need?"

"You must have family. Any brothers? Sisters? Maybe you have that insane uncle that always needs to fucking have the last-"

Michelle takes her soda, leaves the table and heads towards her apartment. By now, the city streets became congested with mundies and Fables alike, making their way home, work or drown their sorrows in a dump bar. Ethan quickly chased after the blonde woman. He was uncertain to her behavior and as he tried to catch up, thought of all the possibilities that could have set her off.

The Bronx. Michelle's apartment

"Alright, you. Time to have some dinner."

Rosie placed her books down on the sofa and picked Erica up from the ground. Adjusting her head, the little girl ogled the ceiling. The blades of the fan occupied her time and Erica watched them swing around in a circle. Rosie carefully moves to the kitchen and takes out a box of gluten free rice. Adding water to the pot, Rosie sets the fire and leans against the fridge. Although Erica was much older, Rosie's strength was capable of holding her as if she was an infant. Erica rubs her cheek against Rosie's face and tries to speak. As she forms some words, Rosie traces her finger along the scar and deformed tissue from the impact of the bat.

"Ro Ro num num." Erica tries to look up. "Num num. Rice. Rice."

"That's right, little lady. See-I'm making us some rice and steamed veggies and look what I got us. Some fresh Salmon and Rosie Posie is going to show you how to prepare this."

The rice bubbled in the pot while Rosie presses Erica against her seat. Fastening her buckle, Erica props her head on a pillow and views Rosie. She takes out some aluminum foil and adds the Fish. Rosie glances at Erica, who appears to be intrigued with her actions. Rosie continues, adding the seasoning, fresh Dil, some lemon juice, butter, chopped Garlic and a slice of lemon on the top.

"Now, Erica, we close this off like so but leave JUST enough open on the top. Next, we place both on a pan, add them to the stove and always make sure the temperature is set at 350 degrees. Now, the fun part. We wait."

"Fishy fishy, Ro Ro. Num nums. Hungry. Hungry."

"I know, Erica." Rosie unbuckles the girl and returns to the living room. "Ro Ro is hungry, too. It won't take much longer to cook it all. Here. Let's do some more of these fun activities."

Sitting on a pillow carpeted floor, Rosie takes out a binder with various games and activities for Erica to accomplish. The doctors all told Michelle the same thing: Erica would need to build her vocabulary and cognitive skills. For the first year, it was a struggle; Erica was frustrated when she could not voice her thoughts or word them properly for either Rosie or Michelle to understand. It wasn't until Ethan came into the picture did he teach them both how to handle Michelle in these situations. Although Erica could not speak for the first two years, the little girl was capable of pointing to what she wanted or needed. Ethan printed out certain cards to assist Michelle and Rosie in these situations. One like meal time, sleepy, play time, bathroom and so on. Soon, with patience, kindness and dedication, Erica began to improve.

Rosie holds up a picture with a Cat. "Erica, what is this sweetie? What animal is this in the picture?"

Erica beamed and waved her tiny arms around. "Ki Ki! Ki Ki!"

"KITTY, Erica. Kitty Cat. Say it with me, baby girl-Kitty Cat. Kitty Cat."

"Ca....Cat-"

"There you go, Erica! Cat. Kitty Cat."

"Mama." Erica places her fingers in her mouth. "Mama, Ro Ro. Mama."

Rosie sighs heavily. "No, Erica. Mommy went to work. She'll be home here in a little bit. Don't you want to play with Ro Ro though? Kitty Cat wants to play with you, too?"

"Ki Ki." Erica tries again to repeat the words. "Ro Ro..."

It broke Rosie's heart to see such an innocent girl be trapped in a world she didn't ask for. What terrified Michelle the most, was Erica's father. The man was due to be released in two days for good behavior. This crushed Michelle and the nights she was left alone, did not sleep. Ethan and Peter began to notice this pattern and from what Rosie knew, Ethan was staying the night with Michelle the minute Rosie left. There were days when Rosie offered to stay longer with Michelle for not only protection but company. Michelle always declined. Rosie understood why she did this; a young girl like Rosie should have her own life, wishes and dreams to tackle and not worry too much on a single mother with a disabled daughter.

Rosie did not mind; her boyfriend was understanding and did not mind seeing Rosie do something good for another Fable in need. Sitting before Erica, Rosie did not mind either. She had found a friend in Michelle, a practice daughter from Erica and even those moments where she and Ethan spent some quality time together. Like the good days, when the silence held the terrible truth from them all for the time being.

Rosie tickles Erica's toes just as she began to pick up the faint aroma of fish. Being a Grendel, anything related to seafood drove the beast within her to madness. She could recall one summer when Gren took her to the river and for four hours straight, the duo stood along the waterfalls
    and caught Salmon in their bear trap jaws like the brown Bears beside them. They would feast, rest in the warm sun and repeat all over again. Rosie paused to think of the man that raised her since birth. There was always something special to her father and now as the years gone by, his marriage to Emily and the birth of her four younger siblings, she noticed it.

He was not the same Grendel that spent hours at a bar getting wasted, slumped over and barely able to create a simple sentence. Rosie was proud of her father and delighted with Emily. There was a difference between them both.

"I smell fishy, Erica! Let's go check it out."

Erica bobs her head in agreement and with persistence, gathered Erica in her arms and heads for the kitchen. There was an immense odor of cooking fish mixed with spices and lemon. Rosie's mouth watered and she could have sworn Erica mumbled 'YUM' as well. The rice was still crunchy and would need another ten or fifteen minutes to cook. The veggies would take no time. Rosie opened the oven door and pulled back the foil.

"LOOK at that, Erica! MMM! Yum yum fish."

"Fishy num nums, Ro Ro! Now?"

"ALMOST. Just another ten minutes and they should be ready to-"

Three knocks in the front door. Rosie immediatly becomes mute and cuddles Erica closer to her chest. Bouncing in Rosie's arms, the little girl assumed it was her mother and Ethan. Rosie, however, knew it was neither of them; Ethan made certain patterns with his knocks and Michelle HAD the keys, considering this was her apartment. Rosie did not hear either of these things. Pressing Erica against her chest, Rosie slightly growled. Her skin changing into the thick, chalky apperance.

"Erica...we're going to play a game." Rosie whispers against her ear. "You need...to be still. VERY still, alright? Quiet. No noise. Who ever wins, will get a cookie."

"Cookie cookie!" Erica cheers. "Num num!"

"Sssh, baby girl..." Rosie places Erica on the sofa and props her up with a pillow. "Remember-SSHH. This is a game. Winner gets a BIG, yummy cookie!"

Erica leans into the pillow just as Rosie slowly began to turn. Aiming her nose towards the door, she begins to sniff. The scent behind the door was common to Rosie's senses; it had a unobtrusive fungus and creek whiff to the individual outside their door. Rosie carefully inhales the scent and again, three more knocks. Stiff with her heels digging into the wood floors, Rosie reaches for the door knob. Again, the smell of mushrooms and blades of grass. Then, the unknow guest spoke.

"Rosie." It was her brother, Joey. "I know you're there, sis. Open up."

Rosie hesitated at first; how the hell did he find her and why was he eager to speak to Rosie? For almost a year now, her brothers avoided anything related to their sister. Carla had a part in this.

"Joey?" But in the end, Rosie loved them dearly. "Joey! How did you-are you alone!? Just a minute and-"

"Rosie. Stop. I don't have much time and you need to know that I'm sorry."

"Don't have much time? Joey, what are you talking about?"

Rosie opens the door and before another word is said, the apperance of her younger brother was repugnant; his eyes were bleeding and his skin looked pale. With what strength he had, Joey pushes through and collides to the ground; he began to thrash for a moment before Rosie grabbed him in her arms. Placing Joey's head on her knee, Rosie tries to call her brother's name. She picked up the stench of rotten flesh and death. Joey's eyes were glassy and no longer the green of tree tops.

"Joey! What the fuck is this!? What is wrong?"

"I'm so sorry...." The spell was setting in. Joey's lower half was becoming a slop mess. "Forgive me. Us, Rosie...forgive us..."

"Joey, look at me! What is going on?" Rosie's eyes were blinded with tears. "Joey....please...."

"The five of you, together....Rosie, the five of you..."

"Five what? Joey!"

"Mom will do everything she can. I saw it myself, Rosie. Don't fall victim to her. You'll make him so proud. Tell dad I'm sorry....for everything. And Emily. I wish...wish I was there more for her. The quads...."

Joey smiles; the spell enters his torso and face. Like sand through the fingers, Joey melts away. His smile remaining. "The quads...."

Rosie stands up; her brother was now a pile of flesh and blood. Nothing more. Rosie grabs her purse and pulls out her phone. Dialing the number to Ethan's phone, the front door flies open. Her cousin and Michelle made it back before the first ring went through. They both are welcomed by a terrified woman, giggling girl and a pile of what was Joey.

"Oh my God! Rosie! What-"

"Ethan-" Rosie shakes, still holding the phone to her ear. "Is Emily and my dad alright? The quads?"

"Yes..."

"Take me...take me to my dad's please?"

Any questions, you know the drill. :3 Man, poor Rosie....things are really picking up for the Porgie Clan and Fables alike.

• Before I start, I wanted to point out that I have been crying (or felt the urge to cry) while feeling miserable in the past few days - mainly because of being lonely and the way I spend my life. Similarly, this wasn't the first time I had felt this way, and it probably won't be the last.

Now since that's been said, on to the main topic at hand:

A couple of days ago I have posted a comment stating that I will be announcing various ways we can try to help improve the story thread for the better.

So without stalling further, here are my ideas/requests that I find to be beneficial to the future of this thread (this list will also include 'pet peeves' of mine I have noticed after a year plus of story/comment browsing).

1. If someone comments on your story, please make an attempt to comment on theirs. It absolutely pains me to see that people who are willing to provide a comment, don't get a comment back from the person in return for their story.

2. Do NOT favor people's stories over others. Unfortunately, I have noticed this happening throughout the time after this discussion was created, and I strongly believe it needs to stop. You know who you are. It isn't fair to the other users who take their time to create a chapter, only to receive little-to-no comments afterwards.

3. Furthermore, whenever you reply to a chapter, don't post a comment that's less than 5 words. Try to be productive and active in your comment instead, show the storyteller that you're actually involved and are willing to read more. Some of you have got this down already, but there's still a few that need to work on this type of feedback (in my opinion).

4. If you have questions to ask a storyteller, don't be afraid to actually ask them! The reason why I'm mentioning this is because there are some users that have little notices at the end of their chapters saying, "If you got any questions, please ask!" And in response to that, certain people don't even ask them a single question throughout the many times I've seen those messages.

5. Keep up the positivity! While many of you are already doing this well, this is just a reminder saying you should still be as positive as you possibly can. If someone's feeling down, please try and raise their spirits back up again. :)

6. Also, if you don't like the way a person writes, try to provide polite feedback about ways on how they can improve their writing skills. If they respond aggressively and/or rudely, try to calm them down and apologize. If they are still rude about it, just ignore them.

And that's all there is! If you want to share your ideas concerning the potential future of the thread, feel free to post them in a reply to this comment, or a separate comment below.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.