Details that people might forget, don't notice or just don't know about Tales From The Borderlands

Comments

• I get that she has big tits, but her face really isn't that pretty to me.

LawmanZero posted: »

And here she is. Gentlemen, FEAST YOUR EYES ON THAT WOMAN WHO'LL GIVE YOU TWO FREE SMGS OUT OF HER CLEAVAGE IF YOU TIP HER HARD ENOUGH: (Note: You don't actually get to bang her. Sorry.)

• what about Unkempt Harold??

the that bounty hunter use in hollow point?

It's probably already been mentioned, but the gun that the kidnapper is holding is a legendary shotgun called the Conference Call that can o

• You're right, Finch is holding the Unkempt Harold!! (I didn't recognize it--I never use torgue weapons in borderlands) Maybe the legendary weapons are just references? Ugh i really wanted the kidnapper to be zer0. There should be a post/thread just for matching up weapons to their BL2/TPS counterparts.

momokaze posted: »

what about Unkempt Harold?? the that bounty hunter use in hollow point?

• Cool. Definitely the kinds of things Gaige would pain on something, and she's likely one of the best, if not the best robotics expert on Pandora.

dojo32161 posted: »

Loaderbot seems to have been fixed by someone else, when he comes back he has pink drawings on both the arm and leg that was ripped off of him (even if he was blown up).

• Just in case no one knew or if this wasn't posted already...

http://www.telltalegames.com/talesfromtheborderlands/cosplay

The little tidbits of info are pretty interesting. I hope they do more for the other TellTale games.

• maybeeee it`s Moxxi ~ ~ ~

With Jack died she can do her secret hobby again~

dojo32161 posted: »

Loaderbot seems to have been fixed by someone else, when he comes back he has pink drawings on both the arm and leg that was ripped off of him (even if he was blown up).

• O.k. here we go. These are all in the beginning of ep. 2.

1. When dodging moonshots in the caravan, the prompt (arrow left or right) will appear 3 times if successful. Failing even once will result in a jump to the next scene where you drive over the Rakk Hive.

2. If Fiona (you) decides not to shoot the Rakks attacking the windshield, Sasha does it for you. It will happen eventually, you may have to wait a few seconds.

3. If Fiona (you) chooses "Sasha go help Rhys" a Rakk will attack Fiona as a result. If you do nothing to fend it off, Sasha will notice and shoot it off of her.

4. Vaughn will not have blood on his face during the intro song if you choose to have Sasha help Fiona during the fight off the Rakks part. Vaughn will have blood on his face if Sasha goes to help Rhys and Vaugn will step in to help Fiona by smacking a Rakk with a frying pan when trying to get it off her.

5. You cannot result in a game over screen during the intro part. Hitting none of the prompts will result in the scene either just advancing in an awkward transition, the player just having an infinite amount of time to finish the QTE, or someone else steps in to handle the problem.

• You cannot result in a game over screen during the intro part. Hitting none of the prompts will result in the scene either just advancing in an awkward transition, the player just having an infinite amount of time to finish the QTE, or someone else steps in to handle the problem.

Does anyone hit the boost, or is that infinite time?

DoubleJump posted: »

O.k. here we go. These are all in the beginning of ep. 2. * When dodging moonshots in the caravan, the prompt (arrow left or right) wil

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

Not hitting it results in Rhys doing it by himself.

You cannot result in a game over screen during the intro part. Hitting none of the prompts will result in the scene either just advancing in

• If you fail to put the EMP on the case, Rhys will scan it, call it a fake, and let it drop and shatter. Then he'll tell Vaughn to get the money, let's go home. But the EMP still appears on the case when Bossanova storms in.

• i agree. that wasnt nice of her, but its a part of her character.. also i was WTF when i knew she had kids in the first place. plus what didnt make me hate her is that she actually REALLY does love her kids and it shows, she does what she do (left the clan) and other things because she wanted the best for ellie and scooter, so saying those stuff to ellie not for the intent of hurting her feelings, she just 'thinks' that being skinny and put on makeup wont make the bandits and other people make fun of her, so she say those thing because she care not because she wants to be mean.... idk thats why i didnt hate her for it :) you can clearly say even when ellie talks about moxxi, she always make it clear that moxxi is a good mom, but annoying ( nagging about ellie about her weight and to come to sanctuary and leave the dust ) so yeah :) you get my point :D

nursethalia posted: »

I'm on the fence about Moxxi. I sort of liked her until I heard an ECHO stuffed in a car at Ellie's garage where she talks about how she wan

• maybe he is a number just like zero :D
    maybe one , two or three :3

You're right, Finch is holding the Unkempt Harold!! (I didn't recognize it--I never use torgue weapons in borderlands) Maybe the legendary w

• In the Son of Crawmerax DLC, Zer0 gets his ass saved and a message from a guy called 0ne, who's probably an assassin like him.

Zer0's helmet doesn't have eyes. The Stranger has ONE.

I SEE POSSIBILITIES FORMING IN MY EYES.

maybe he is a number just like zero maybe one , two or three

• Just so you know, that pistol is OP AS HELL.

Seriously. It is so overpowered, that now everyone uses it to break the game in one way or another. Also, Salvador+Unkempt Harold+Miss Moxxi's Rubi/Grog Nozzle= I'MMA GUNSLINGING KILLING MACHINE ON STEROIDS WITH A MOHAWK.

what about Unkempt Harold?? the that bounty hunter use in hollow point?

• If you let Jack take over at the end of episode 2, the eye goes yellow, so I'm not completely sure if it's new or broken.

Keat06 posted: »

He also has a new eye ECHO scanner thing. Yellowish.

• 10 minutes in

I really want to know what it is now! Is there a playthrough on YT someone can direct me to where this happens?

10 minutes in

• Loader Bot makes numerous references. He's basically a walking reference. Can anyone name all the different things he references with the things he says, like "angry eyes detected"? What about "I'm helping"? How 'bout a hand, TT Staff? Moderators?

• i just realize when Loader Bot fighting with horde of Bandit .

one of random bandit dual wield with TWO unkempt Harold :v

OP bandit is OP

You're right, Finch is holding the Unkempt Harold!! (I didn't recognize it--I never use torgue weapons in borderlands) Maybe the legendary w

• Loader Bot will say two different things at Old Haven. "Hi" if you had it evacuate in Ep1, or "Activating Rejection Mode" if you had it self-destruct.

If you pull a gun on Tector while Fiona's trying to get into the Purple Skag, Sasha will appear with her gun. So she gets a differently intro screen to her usual one.
    Alt text

• If you choose to go to Hollow Point and tell The Stranger "It was the right thing to do," Fiona will say, "It's not like you saved the day." Technically he did, if they didn't go, Loader Bot wouldn't have been there to throw Athena and save Fiona and Sasha.

• You can find out lots of information about the others from scanning them with the ECHO-Eye.

Fiona's age is 29, her pre-race status is 'eager'. Her Old Haven inventory is 'assorted Pandoran crap' and 'one beautiful, hand-crafted Hyperion boot'.

Sasha's age is 24, her pre-race status is 'trigger-happy'. Her known aliases are 'The Dread Grifter', 'Nikki "Trigger Finger" Mendez' and 'DJ Rakk Attakk'

Vaughn's age is 27 , his pre-race status is 'dreading everything'. His last impulse buy was coloured marker pens. And his last returned item? Coloured marker pens. "They were just too much pressure." Meanwhile his Old Haven status is 'Bro-tally rad.'

Felix's information is mostly shown as unavailable, except for 'Felix is an upstanding citizen and friend to all, who would never consider committing a crime.'

Loader Bot's fears are: rusting alone in obsolescence as it outlives everyone it loves, discovering life's meaninglessness... and clowns.

• I want to give Loader Bot a hug when I read that.

HeartOfGold posted: »

You can find out lots of information about the others from scanning them with the ECHO-Eye. Fiona's age is 29, her pre-race status is 'ea

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator
    edited April 2015

If you get Rhys' boot back, the scan changes to say that her inventory has a human eye instead.

You can find out lots of information about the others from scanning them with the ECHO-Eye. Fiona's age is 29, her pre-race status is 'ea

• I just had a thought - Moxxi's costume is like a clown, right? And Loader Bot's fears include clowns... this will be the major conflict of the entire season, I know it!

I want to give Loader Bot a hug when I read that.

• I think you just foreshadow/predicted a future scene. :D

I just had a thought - Moxxi's costume is like a clown, right? And Loader Bot's fears include clowns... this will be the major conflict of the entire season, I know it!

• His last impulse buy was coloured marker pens. And his last returned item? Coloured marker pens. They were just too much pressure.

I still don't really know why, but this line got one of the biggest laughs from me while I was playing.

And it has nothing to do with the fact that I had recently binge-purchased two packets of expensive novelty highlighters that I immediately regretted/felt guilty about... >_<

• I think that one takes the cake TellTale you're so lazy hahaha, Young Sasha on the left Clementine on the right
    Alt text

• Well, at least we know what Clem looks like when she is grown up.

Leluch123 posted: »

I think that one takes the cake TellTale you're so lazy hahaha, Young Sasha on the left Clementine on the right

• Good point, I bet they'll reuse that model

Well, at least we know what Clem looks like when she is grown up.

• edited April 2015

I doubt it. We actually joked about this many pages ago (unless it was another thread...). Based off of the pic we see in Episode 2, young Sasha looks to have different facial features than Clementine. For example based off of the young Sasha pic, Clem has a bigger nose than young Sasha, and young Sasha has a more boxed face while Clem's is more rounded. And while dreaded Clem is cool, I highly doubt that older Clem (if created) will look like Sasha, especially since Sasha has none of Clem's parent's features.

Alt text

Leluch123 posted: »

I think that one takes the cake TellTale you're so lazy hahaha, Young Sasha on the left Clementine on the right

• In the cosplay guide on the site I believe it says he got the tattoo to signify he's not just a cog in the hyperion system or something like that, so it's one he had done, not something that was just there.

darlingno posted: »

Quick question - is Rhys a freaking male SIREN? He's got that tattoo you know...

• There's not 50 of them, but there is one. But you can find that on your own. I swore I would never link people to horribly inappropriate fanfiction ever again.

Lilacsbloom posted: »

There's going to be steamy smut fics on these two isn't there? Speaking of which, where's 50 Shades of HandRhys? Uh, Jahys? Rhyack?

• The cosplay guide states he got his cybernetics to get him ahead in the data mining department... I really can't see how cybernetic junk would help that out.

Okay, do I just have a dirty mind or is Jack implying that Rhys' cybernetics extend to his genitals? O_O

• I thought it was just a reference to the song "War"?

When loader bot says War does not compute, what is it good for? I think thats a reference to S&M S1 E4 superballs musical number. But no one probably understood what I said because no one played S&M ;_;

• True. Very true. The clown motif is pretty off-putting to quite a lot of people.

Still, she's a good person, and one of your most important allies (while being slightly sociopathic like everyone else.)

I get that she has big tits, but her face really isn't that pretty to me.

• Remember shallow grave

maybeeee it`s Moxxi ~ ~ ~ With Jack died she can do her secret hobby again~

• Totally unrelated to the game, but after doing some research on ironwood trees, I found out that the two tallest known trees in the world are "Hyperion" and "Helios", respectively. Go figure.

• Illuminati confirmed.

dfh15 posted: »

Totally unrelated to the game, but after doing some research on ironwood trees, I found out that the two tallest known trees in the world are "Hyperion" and "Helios", respectively. Go figure.

• edited April 2015

I was just watching a TWAU let's play when I noticed the Crooked Man's Shoes.

Crooked Man's Shoes

Then it clicked:

Rhys' Shoe

Not the exact same model, but still.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.