Details that people might forget, don't notice or just don't know about Tales From The Borderlands

1818283848587»

Comments

• enter image description here

lottii-lu posted: »

Fuck man that was funny, I love you :'D

• Not sure if anyone posted this but once again I was going through the voices in Telltale Speech Extractor and found a voice file containing Vasquez's original voice.
    http://vocaroo.com/i/s013KPokRFfE
    Files original name is 362321044.wav for those who are interested.

• Not sure if anyone posted this but once again I was going through the voices in Telltale Speech Extractor and found a voice file containing

• I dont think that was ever really Vasquez's original actor, it was most likely Telltale staff place holding, kinda like how theres a million lines for Vaughn before Chris Hardwick. You can kinda tell that whoever is doing the voice isnt a professional.

However, Vaughn's case seemed alot different considering he had so much, maybe that was his original actor and was 100% planned to be Vaughn, but I doubt it.

Not sure if anyone posted this but once again I was going through the voices in Telltale Speech Extractor and found a voice file containing

• Perhaps; though I remember hearing that Vasquez wasn't going to have a big role until they casted Patrick Warburton; but I do agree that the voice does sound unprofessional... and the tone does seem like someone attempting to match Patricks voice or atleast match the length his voice goes for 'why' and 'how'.
    So most likely a placeholder like you said but interesting nonetheless.

Poogers555 posted: »

I dont think that was ever really Vasquez's original actor, it was most likely Telltale staff place holding, kinda like how theres a million

• Ah, damn. The picture isn't showing.

Linnet posted: »

Oof.

• How do you get that?

Leluch123 posted: »

Badass Rhys

• What? When?!

LawmanZero posted: »

He did say he liked robot stuff as a kid...

• At around 2:30.

What? When?!

• I liked the Krieg references in EP1 when you first play as Fiona when talking with Felix.

• I just hope the captain's brother and his boyfriend got off of Helios. That's all. :D

kaza125 posted: »

If you say to the captain when you arrive at Helios "I was doing your mom" He will say his mom is dead.... It's very awkward. Also if you s

• edited March 2017

Here's all the dialogue from Vasquez and August in the Atlas Mugged finale, if you wait before moving onto the platform.

[enter link description here](http://68.media.tumblr.com/0f0e19ddb5aab06d4058522f14b4ce86/tumblr_onbnd7XXKo1tcrp5so1_1280.jpg)
    enter image description here

As a sidenote, although I took these screenshots back in 2015, I still remember that while the subtitles say "core" August actually says "piece".

It's a shame Vasquez never got back to his strippers and champagne hot tub.

• This thread should be called "Details From the Borderlands".

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator

Do you see it? There, in the sky!

Why, it's-- it's a bird!

It's a plane!

NO, IT'S FINCH AND KROGER BETA MODELS FROM THE EPISODE 1 FILES!

• Finch looks rad and groovy.

Kroger looks like Borderlands just had a crossover with the Walking Dead.

Deltino posted: »

Do you see it? There, in the sky! Why, it's-- it's a bird! It's a plane! NO, IT'S FINCH AND KROGER BETA MODELS FROM THE EPISODE 1 FILES!

• Nice hair, Finch. XD

Do you see it? There, in the sky! Why, it's-- it's a bird! It's a plane! NO, IT'S FINCH AND KROGER BETA MODELS FROM THE EPISODE 1 FILES!

• Oh my god... Don't walk about his hair!

• Finch looks like he walked out of a disco bar.

• Hell no.

• "Was Gortys's design based on these radios?"

I think... she was made on the basis of the lunar Rover )))

gortys

russian lunar rover

Ekelund21 posted: »

Was Gortys's design based on these radios? The middle part looks a lot like her. I know you can see them in the other Borderlands games as w

• I just remembered! Kroger's model here appeared in episode 1. He's that guy beating up some other guy as you drive by in the first town you get to as Rhys.

THIS RIGHT HERE

• https://quarterly.camposanto.com/tales-from-the-borderlands-the-oral-history-d33bb5f146e6?gi=c51b10595b21

OzzyUK posted a separate thread about this, but I'm going to give a brief shout out to it in this thread too as it's filled to the brim with all kinds of interesting behind the scenes details.

You can discuss more about the article (that is not related to the typical "details" discussion) in Ozzy's thread over here: https://telltale.com/community/discussion/116817/campo-santo-blog-post-tales-from-the-borderlands-the-oral-history

• InGen_Nate_KennyInGen_Nate_Kenny Moderator
    edited August 2017

One of the bandits Rhys fights in the alley in Zer0 Sum uses a baseball bat wrapped with barbed wire. It's a small thing, but you know, this is also the things you missed thread.

• Some concept art

• enter image description here

Some concept art

• edited August 2017

Here's Vasquez's hair implants, including the bit where Jack used to stick dollar bills in:

• edited February 2018

I don´t know if someone mentioned this before but as i was replaying the game i noticed some things.

In the first episode with Felix in the Caravan you can see a wanted flyer, apperently for all former Crimson Lance. On the flyer you can see a picture of Roland who was the last ex Crimson Lance leader before he died and Lillith became the leader of the Crimsons

When Rhys wakes up in the Caravan you can see a Sign that says "Hollowpoint Underground Radio - Your wave in the cave", wich is a reference to Sasha´s anti Hyperion propaganda radio station that is been mentioned in some unused Audio files and in the cosplay Guide of Sasha as well. She even used the same Slogan in the audio. Later in Scooters Garage in episode 2 when playing as Fiona you can see the same sign over the Bossanova poster. Apperently she was very famous in Hollow Point.

And as Bossanova died from the drop of the huge speaker system one can see some loot in good ol Borderlands style. You can clearly see an orange/legendary item right before the yellow cash stash but appearently none of the group noticed it. What a shame :(

• weelllll Jack is pretty bad once you know all he has done. (from the borderlands games) he barely have any emotions, kills everybody or torture anyone looking at him the wrong way etc.. the only person he loves(besides himself) its his daughter Angel, and he plugged her to machine and pumped iridium in her body for years to use and amplify her Siren's power .(so much so that the only thing she wanted was to die...) still...I luv him haha

Blockb0ys posted: »

Dammit Henderson. He was a giant racist, he brutally tormented kittens and he killed scooter! Worse than handsome Jack confirmed.

• I don't know if anyone else is curious about this, but how does Rhys have his robotic arm (and, presumably, his Echo Eye implant) back at the very end (before the Vault monster section) when he removed both of them previously to get rid of Handsome Jack? Is this a plot hole, or did he just re-attach them somehow?

• At the end, I'm pretty sure he mentions that he made all new equipment in the Atlas facility.

Luminoth posted: »

I don't know if anyone else is curious about this, but how does Rhys have his robotic arm (and, presumably, his Echo Eye implant) back at th

• One of the Echo Eye descriptions references the Goofy Movie. The model of the powerline is I-2-I and the Powerline song from the Goofy Movie is Eye to Eye.

• GOTTA DOCUMENT THIS SHIT ASAP

Former Telltale Video Editor uploaded a video of 10 year anniversary of Telltale and I think for the first time we saw the in game beta model of Fiona as well as a quick scene that was never in game. Watch it here:

Sign in to comment in this discussion.