Details that people might forget, don't notice or just don't know about Tales From The Borderlands

Comments

• for some reason it did not do that when i played.

If you do the same in Episode 2, it'll say : Again? Seriously? A lot of people worked hard on that!!

• Many people dont notice that Tales from the Borderlands has 23 letters. There have been 3 other Borderlands games. 23 - 3 = 20. In episode 5, 5 of the Vault Hunters are already chosen. 20 / 5 = 4. Tales from the Borderlands has 2 playable characters. 4 - 2 AND 4 / 2 = 2.

Season 2 confirmed, wake up people!!

• Listen to my theory

totally not copying everything from you

Tales from the Borderlands has 23 letters. There have been 3 other Borderlands games. 23 - 3 = 20. In episode 5, 5 of the Vault Hunters are already chosen. 20 / 5 = 4. Borderlands usually have 4 vault hunters without dlc.

Borderlands 3 confirmed, wake up people!!

Poogers555 posted: »

Many people dont notice that Tales from the Borderlands has 23 letters. There have been 3 other Borderlands games. 23 - 3 = 20. In episode 5

• It may have been posted before (sorry if it was). In Episode 3 Vaughn is left behind with Cassius, and he is worried because he doesn’t want to feel useless („There’s a lot of stuff I can do, right?”).
    Fiona has to option to tell him to do stuff, and sometimes she has a sad face, like she feels sorry for him, and sometimes she has a serious expression. I don’t know what determines it, both of the times Rhys trusted Fiona at the end of Episode 2. Maybe it depends on what you tell Vaughn to do?

Sad Fiona:
    Sad Fiona

Serious Fiona:
    Serious Fiona

• edited December 2015

The expressiveness of the character models is really fantastic. I was impressed when I realized almost all reactions in the episode 5 trailer were just the model with no voicing.

Finale: Vault of the Traveler

Kleana posted: »

It may have been posted before (sorry if it was). In Episode 3 Vaughn is left behind with Cassius, and he is worried because he doesn’t wan

• Yeah they did an AMAZING job at expressing emotions through simply facial expressions. It's almost like an animated cartoon it's so good..

Linnet posted: »

The expressiveness of the character models is really fantastic. I was impressed when I realized almost all reactions in the episode 5 trailer were just the model with no voicing. Finale: Vault of the Traveler

• According to Telltale employee Ryann Lynn Weller, it was director of episode 4 Martin Montgomery's idea for the finger gun fight scene.

• Such an entertaining scene

enter image description here

According to Telltale employee Ryann Lynn Weller, it was director of episode 4 Martin Montgomery's idea for the finger gun fight scene.

• edited December 2015

The voice actor for Gortys appeared in The Avengers (2012) She's the blonde woman in the cafe that gets saved by Captain America, then she's seen talking to the camera about the event. And most known for another video game character.

And is also as you most likely know. Starring alongside Troy Baker, Nolan North and Laura Bailey. TBFB really does have a great cast.

• edited December 2015

Small detail, but it took me a few playthroughs to catch it. After Vaughn asks if they can get the loot, and Sasha says "I call the desolater, I died for it!" Vaughn has an additional line without subtitles, saying something along the lines of "I get the shield, I get shot at a lot."

• I think the exact quotes were

"I call the desolater, I died for it already!"

and "I call any shields because I get shot alot!"

LoseMyHome posted: »

Small detail, but it took me a few playthroughs to catch it. After Vaughn asks if they can get the loot, and Sasha says "I call the desolate

• Fiona is still carrying around General Pollux's eyeball.

Fiona. Why.

• Months later and she's still carrying around that eyeball, what the hell is wrong with this girl? Maybe if she's a Vault Hunter in BL3, she'll use the eye to scare enemies and that will be her skill.

Courtenay posted: »

Fiona. Why.

• i always laugh at that bit

Maybe someone noticed this in the previous 3K comments, but it took me a couple times watching the "bro fist" scene to realize that Rhys goe

• nah use it to open atlas doors im guessing we will see the return of atlas in bl3 or tftbl season 2

Months later and she's still carrying around that eyeball, what the hell is wrong with this girl? Maybe if she's a Vault Hunter in BL3, she'll use the eye to scare enemies and that will be her skill.

• Nothing wrong with her at all, its just a souvenir to keep to remind her of those adventures.

Months later and she's still carrying around that eyeball, what the hell is wrong with this girl? Maybe if she's a Vault Hunter in BL3, she'll use the eye to scare enemies and that will be her skill.

• Dude. It's an eye

That's pretty weird.

Poogers555 posted: »

Nothing wrong with her at all, its just a souvenir to keep to remind her of those adventures.

• Does anyone notice that in episode 2, during the intro sequence, Fiona loses her hat in the desert but when we play as her later during that moment, she didn't?

• You have to remember they are unreliable narrators and that they will make up stuff in order to either make themselves look cooler or make things more dramatic.

AronDracula posted: »

Does anyone notice that in episode 2, during the intro sequence, Fiona loses her hat in the desert but when we play as her later during that moment, she didn't?

• edited December 2015

Like MetallcaRules said, they are unreliable narrators. A lot of stuff in the story, can be taken with some grain of salt.

Like in episode 2, where Fiona told about how Loader Bot saved them from Athena. Since we now know who the Stranger is, that part of the story probably didn't happen the way Fiona told it. It also show the power of a storyteller, if there is no one to contradict you, then your version of the story is the truth.

AronDracula posted: »

Does anyone notice that in episode 2, during the intro sequence, Fiona loses her hat in the desert but when we play as her later during that moment, she didn't?

• That reminds me, I wish they added a scene in Episode 5 where they had Loader Bot say what really happened there and call Fiona out for it again.

Like MetallcaRules said, they are unreliable narrators. A lot of stuff in the story, can be taken with some grain of salt. Like in episod

• ((Try and read this in LB's voice))

Loader Bot: "Oh and for the record. About me. Throwing Athena crossing Hollow Point. My version is way better."

If he have said that, I would have been even more curious about what happened. :)

That reminds me, I wish they added a scene in Episode 5 where they had Loader Bot say what really happened there and call Fiona out for it again.

• rhys failing plans are a reference to shaun of the dead how the plan to go to the winchester didnt work exactly as planned

• Is this sarcasm?

rhys failing plans are a reference to shaun of the dead how the plan to go to the winchester didnt work exactly as planned

• She still has the giftbox? Didn't she give it to Sasha?

Fiona. Why.

• oh my jesus

Its not really a 'Things you missed' but The Conference Call is one of my favourite weapons in BL2. I enjoyed the use of it in Tales. So I made a shortish... video if anyone is interested! :') Approx 3:50 in is the best part. Conference Call

• In all seriousness, I think Telltale just forgot to update Fiona's inventory. You can't access it anywhere else after the time skip, and I guess they just didn't think to turn off the HUD in the final scene.

Either that, or Sasha is dead in my playthrough and I'm trying to cover my tracks.

She still has the giftbox? Didn't she give it to Sasha?

• Yeah, I think it's that.

Either that, or Sasha is dead in my playthrough and I'm trying to cover my tracks.

wha

In all seriousness, I think Telltale just forgot to update Fiona's inventory. You can't access it anywhere else after the time skip, and I g

• I had to pet my cat to get over these feels.

Oof.

• Maybe its just the literal box she has?

She still has the giftbox? Didn't she give it to Sasha?

• nope just a thought

Flog61 posted: »

Is this sarcasm?

• I think it's a little extreme, plans not going as planned has been part of comedic stories since at least the ancient Greeks :P

nope just a thought

• edited December 2015

Also, Troy Baker; the voice for Rhys played Joel from the Walking Dead. And to add to this, Ashley Johnson also plays a character in TellTale's Minecraft: Story Mode.

The voice actor for Gortys appeared in The Avengers (2012) She's the blonde woman in the cafe that gets saved by Captain America, then she's

• Joel from the Walking Dead

I think you meant a different post apocalyptic game.

Also, Troy Baker; the voice for Rhys played Joel from the Walking Dead. And to add to this, Ashley Johnson also plays a character in TellTale's Minecraft: Story Mode.

• Oh hell. How'd I think of Walkind Dead. Thank you so much on that one. Gosh, I'm dumb XD

dojo32161 posted: »

Joel from the Walking Dead I think you meant a different post apocalyptic game.

• ;__;

Oof.

• HA! That voice though

rexoninj4 posted: »

If in episode 2 you refuse to tell Vaughn about jack this happens.... Jack troll Its around 1:30 :S.

• Dave Fennoy (the voice of Lee) is also starring in Minecraft: Story mode.

• stirpicusstirpicus Telltale Alumni

I think Pandoranwanderer is probably specifically referring to Rhys' "plan montage" in ep. 1 being very similar to Shaun's "plan montage" in Shaun of the Dead. ;)

Flog61 posted: »

I think it's a little extreme, plans not going as planned has been part of comedic stories since at least the ancient Greeks :P

Sign in to comment in this discussion.