Details that people might forget, don't notice or just don't know about Tales From The Borderlands

Comments

• Whatever "hyperion face" you choose in the beginning of episode 1 is the same one rhys uses when putting on his "game face" as vasquez in episode 4. That might be obvious to some but it took me a while to notice that one :p

• edited December 2015

thats exactly what i was meaning just reminds me of that scene every time :)

stirpicus posted: »

I think Pandoranwanderer is probably specifically referring to Rhys' "plan montage" in ep. 1 being very similar to Shaun's "plan montage" in Shaun of the Dead.

• Dark Rhys Dark Rhys

enter image description here

• You also tell Sasha to put that face on when she asks if she's Hyperion enough

Whatever "hyperion face" you choose in the beginning of episode 1 is the same one rhys uses when putting on his "game face" as vasquez in episode 4. That might be obvious to some but it took me a while to notice that one

• Oh cool ^^

bigdogg0821 posted: »

You also tell Sasha to put that face on when she asks if she's Hyperion enough

• Whoa. I didn't know that could happen...

Leluch123 posted: »

Dark Rhys Dark Rhys

• More like, Out of character Rhys out of character Rhys, AMIRIT?

But seriously, I also found that choice weird, you had to talk your way out in episode 4 to let Yvette out, and then you choose to let her out, then you just murder her. It also felt super unrhys-y.

Dark Rhys Dark Rhys

• You don't have to talk Yvette down to let her out of the cell, theres a sort of "help me or else" option, one less than if you had talked her down. I did this in my opposite playthrough, while I let Yvette out of the cell both times I murdered her like the above in that one. While I was playing a Jack fan boy asshole, it still seemed out of character as well.

Poogers555 posted: »

More like, Out of character Rhys out of character Rhys, AMIRIT? But seriously, I also found that choice weird, you had to talk your way o

• I was all "screw you Yvette" just left her in the cell. She still dead tho, yaknow because of the whole Helios crashing thingy

LoseMyHome posted: »

You don't have to talk Yvette down to let her out of the cell, theres a sort of "help me or else" option, one less than if you had talked he

• Crazy Old cat man alert

I had to pet my cat to get over these feels.

• Shit you got me.

Crazy Old cat man alert

• This was incredibly shocking - but it perfectly fit my playthorugh.

the Rhys I was playing sure as hell hadn't forgiven Yvette, or released her because of some desire to be merciful. She was a bullet sponge, useful asset and pawn to push around on the board. He didn't give a damn about her and there was no way he was going to risk his life trying to pull her up, when he could just drop her, save himself and take revenge in such a badass, cold and terrifying way.

It was exactly the ice cold, Hyperion CEO Light Yagami-esque character I was trying to play. And man did it feel good at the time :)

Dark Rhys Dark Rhys

• I am fairly sure that my Rhys have done the same. He may be a fairly good person but he does have that darkness inside him when it comes to his enemies and Yvette stop being his friend when she betrayed him.

Dark Rhys Dark Rhys

• Well I disagree there were times where Rhys showed his darker side. He had it in him to become next Handsome Jack if he continued on this path

More like, Out of character Rhys out of character Rhys, AMIRIT? But seriously, I also found that choice weird, you had to talk your way o

• When Vasquez demotes Rhys, he says, "Assistant Vice Janitor". When Rhys kicks down the trashcan, the speaker says, "Senior Vice Janitor". Just noticed that today.

• What's more out of character?

HOW IS HE HOLDING HIS OWN WEIGHT WITH HIS HUMAN ARM!?!??!

• edited December 2015

What if Rhys' arms made sense.

robot arm + Pulling Fiona up = a no no

robot arm shown later pulling up Sasha

Rhys. Is it stronger or not.

bigdogg0821 posted: »

What's more out of character? HOW IS HE HOLDING HIS OWN WEIGHT WITH HIS HUMAN ARM!?!??!

• Who else but Rhys? in tune of 'Who else but Quagmire?'

What if Rhys' arms made sense. robot arm + Pulling Fiona up = a no no robot arm shown later pulling up Sasha Rhys. Is it stronger or not.

• yeeaahh the strength of Rhys' arm is hella inconsistent. Especially when in my play through he had trouble pulling Fi up with his ROBO hand yet pulled the combined weight of him and Sasha up fairly efficiently.

What if Rhys' arms made sense. robot arm + Pulling Fiona up = a no no robot arm shown later pulling up Sasha Rhys. Is it stronger or not.

• That's game breaking, we demand a patch @Telltale

When Vasquez demotes Rhys, he says, "Assistant Vice Janitor". When Rhys kicks down the trashcan, the speaker says, "Senior Vice Janitor". Just noticed that today.

• he had trouble pulling Fi up with his ROBO

yet pulled the combined weight of him and Sasha up fairly efficiently.

either it's inconsistent or Fiona is reaaaaaaly....

AlphaLeague posted: »

yeeaahh the strength of Rhys' arm is hella inconsistent. Especially when in my play through he had trouble pulling Fi up with his ROBO hand yet pulled the combined weight of him and Sasha up fairly efficiently.

• Mistake aside, I believe that Vasquez is stupid enough to write "Senior" instead of "Assistant." That or Vasquez intentionally made the announcer say that in order to make it extra humiliating for poor Rhys.

When Vasquez demotes Rhys, he says, "Assistant Vice Janitor". When Rhys kicks down the trashcan, the speaker says, "Senior Vice Janitor". Just noticed that today.

• I say and I quote

"Robot arm...stronger than...regular arm!"

he had trouble pulling Fi up with his ROBO yet pulled the combined weight of him and Sasha up fairly efficiently. either it's inconsistent or Fiona is reaaaaaaly....

• That's because his love for Sasha gave him the strength to climb up in order to save both of their lives.

Come on, you should have expected someone to say this.

• I feel like this discussion happened before with almost the exact same comments between us.

That's because his love for Sasha gave him the strength to climb up in order to save both of their lives. Come on, you should have expected someone to say this.

• Now that I think of it, it does seem oddly familiar.

I feel like this discussion happened before with almost the exact same comments between us.

• "Yeah! Line for line! It was a nice little moment for both of us...its....its dead now." -Unused Rhys audio 2015

Now that I think of it, it does seem oddly familiar.

• i'm not even made bro, it's alright. I expected it.

That's because his love for Sasha gave him the strength to climb up in order to save both of their lives. Come on, you should have expected someone to say this.

• edited December 2015

Both Vasquez and Peter are copying The Honeymooners Jackie Gleason

• Seems like this is another one of those things that changed between drafts

• Yeah if something funny ever happens on Family Guy, chances are it's a reference to or exact copy of something else.

Linnet posted: »

Both Vasquez and Peter are copying The Honeymooners Jackie Gleason

• Rhys' right shoe decides to ditch him a second time.

Dark Rhys Dark Rhys

• edited December 2015

According to this cut dialogue, it seems like you would have been able top visit a gift shop up in Hyperion where you could buy Gortys some stuff.

Cut Dialogue

• Oh my God, she's just so adorable, I want to buy her all of the thingies.

lupinb0y posted: »

According to this cut dialogue, it seems like you would have been able top visit a gift shop up in Hyperion where you could buy Gortys some stuff. Cut Dialogue

• Sweet Gortys! I wish Telltale will patch and include this in the game. It will be so sweet to explore more of Helios and buying stuff to Gortys. :)

According to this cut dialogue, it seems like you would have been able top visit a gift shop up in Hyperion where you could buy Gortys some stuff. Cut Dialogue

• A Loader Bot action figure? I want a Loader Bot action figure!

• this might explain why you can see that hyperion city in the distance in the menu we may have been able to go there befor they changed it

• edited December 2015

I was meant to mention this a while back but my lazy ass decide not to. But I noticed Rhys' port glows in the vault.

See?

• rhys looks high in this picture

lottii-lu posted: »

I was meant to mention this a while back but my lazy ass decide not to. But I noticed Rhys' port glows in the vault. See?

• Might of taken some weed, explains why he sounded calm in the vault.

rhys looks high in this picture

Sign in to comment in this discussion.