Details that people might forget, don't notice or just don't know about Tales From The Borderlands

Comments

• I'm embarassed to say it out loud... But it actually took me two playthroughs to realise that Gortys had a mouth that she could do expressions with.

• edited November 2015

Gortys has a mouth?

Edit: OH MY GOD SHE DOES

THAT'S THE CUTEST THING EVER

I THOUGHT IT WAS HER NOSE

Rovay posted: »

I'm embarassed to say it out loud... But it actually took me two playthroughs to realise that Gortys had a mouth that she could do expressions with.

• Damnit! I liked it better thinking it was her nose...

I'm embarassed to say it out loud... But it actually took me two playthroughs to realise that Gortys had a mouth that she could do expressions with.

• Gortys also has dimples, the yellow lights on her.

• flips a table

SHE'S KILLED ME WITH HER ADORABLENESS

bigdogg0821 posted: »

Gortys also has dimples, the yellow lights on her.

• oh god. i thought it was HER NOSE TOO!

Gortys has a mouth? Edit: OH MY GOD SHE DOES THAT'S THE CUTEST THING EVER I THOUGHT IT WAS HER NOSE

• Ma'am, put the table back please

flips a table SHE'S KILLED ME WITH HER ADORABLENESS

• edited November 2015

Regarding that, here are all of her expressions:

enter image description here

She's so cute!

• edited November 2015

Tables are registered as first-class furniture objects and are under protection from "flipping", which is listed under grevious furniture harm, ma'am.

Ma'am, put the table back please

• I'll eat your soul

CarL_J posted: »

Regarding that, here are all of her expressions: She's so cute!

• I think you missed the one she gets in Episode 3 when she notices her upgrade during the chase scene (when her eyes turn yellow). It's only there for a second, but it's what made me start realize the whole mouth thing.

• Oh! I totally forgot that one, but it literally only appears for 1 moment then it never appears again in the game, here anyway:

Okay that looks meme material...

I think you missed the one she gets in Episode 3 when she notices her upgrade during the chase scene (when her eyes turn yellow). It's only there for a second, but it's what made me start realize the whole mouth thing.

• enter image description here

high af rn

Oh! I totally forgot that one, but it literally only appears for 1 moment then it never appears again in the game, here anyway: Okay that looks meme material...

• I didn't notice Gortys had a mouth. This only shows off how good TellTale's game designers are. They did so well bringing Gorty's expressions through her eyes and arms that the mouth was almost unneeded. The mouth just makes the expression that much better. Good job TellTale.

• Sorry, officer.

LawmanZero posted: »

Tables are registered as first-class furniture objects and are under protection from "flipping", which is listed under grevious furniture harm, ma'am.

• She has already stolen my soul with her adorable and expressive personality. :)

Oh! I totally forgot that one, but it literally only appears for 1 moment then it never appears again in the game, here anyway: Okay that looks meme material...

• When they go back to Hyperion in episode 4, though, the voice that welcomes them sounds just like Bigby

I usually picture that they're talking to Bigby during that scene lol

I know he voiced Bigby, but I can't see them as Bigby and Lee. I always see them as Andy St. John and Lee, because Adam Harrington uses like the same voice for Kroger and Andy...

• edited November 2015

Eh, s'OK.

Just a little reminder from your friendly neighbourhood lawmen!

Rides off

Wait, WE'RE GOING THE WRONG WAY STOP HORSE STOOOOOP

Sorry, officer.

• What?! WHAT?! Nooo I thought it was a button nose!

• Wow. Everyone ^^ didn't know that was her mouth? Huh. Guess I'm lucky that I noticed it from the start...

Just sayin'

• I'd like to say I really like both TPS and BL2 Nisha because in TPS she's more "haha butt stuff lol" I find it awesome how that's her character shes into kinky shit and BL2 she's more serious, polite and badass. Still sad there's no character intro for her. Jack seemed a lot more calmer than usual about her death though.

Yeah, but he was surprised he was angry. And he wasn't shouting.

• Welcome everyone to the new Borderlands 2 DLC: The Kidnapping of Stripper Timothy

Operation: Kidnap Timothy while fighting off the angry patrons.

• edited November 2015

Starring:

• Rhys as the guy with the ideas.
    • Fiona as the girl with the better ideas.
    • Sasha as the DPS master.
    • August as that guy who has to throw a lot of chairs and punch people in the face.
    • Vaughn as the best hacker ever.
    • Loader Bot as himself.
    • Timothy Lawrence.
    • And over 50,000 angry bikers!
    VixTrix posted: »

Welcome everyone to the new Borderlands 2 DLC: The Kidnapping of Stripper Timothy

• Yeah, that's definitely Bigby.

When they go back to Hyperion in episode 4, though, the voice that welcomes them sounds just like Bigby I usually picture that they're talking to Bigby during that scene lol

• I only realized in the end of Episode 3, when she saw her update and got that zigzag mouth

AChicken posted: »

Wow. Everyone ^^ didn't know that was her mouth? Huh. Guess I'm lucky that I noticed it from the start... Just sayin'

• And Gortys! The adorable robot that transforms into a badass killing machine

Starring: * Rhys as the guy with the ideas. * Fiona as the girl with the better ideas. * Sasha as the DPS master. * August as that g

• edited November 2015

I actually forgot one last Gortys expression to add to the list, it's basically like the upgrade one I posted above but with blue eyes instead. Appears in EP5

Why does Gortys look high in every pic I post smh

• I found out last night that you can both "spare" accountants, who then thank you and run and you can also die for reals in the finger gun fight in ep4. If you miss the wrong QTE they figure out you aren't Vasquez, and suddenly the accountants are packing real heat.

• That reminded of "The Bug" (Sam and Max, Season 1, Episode 4) when doing a phone prank:

"I will feast on your entrails and devour your soul!"

Ah... good times.

• Maybe someone noticed this in the previous 3K comments, but it took me a couple times watching the "bro fist" scene to realize that Rhys goes cross-eyed for a split second just before the cut to reveal Fiona's making fun of them. It just adds perfectly to the silliness.

• Said for me that most people got Felix killed, one of the best surprises and one that most wouldn't find out about is you actually get loads of money off him if he survives episode 1. It turns out he didn't actually betray you.
    Claptrap in the final team is one that most will miss too. Though I didn't take him because some of what he says is annoying :P He was pretty funny at times in BL2 though.

• edited November 2015

Ok I know this is from way back when, but if you trusted Jack in episode 2 you had the option to shoot Vasquez or August at the start of episode 3. However, Rhys has completely different facial expressions for each choice: If you shoot august he looks slightly pleased, but if you shoot Vasquez he looks downright malevolent

For august:

And vasquez:

• Go to imgur.com and upload the two pictures there, and then copy the link of the image (must end in an image extension), and come here and when you add a comment / reply click on "Image" and paste the link there. Done! :)

Blockb0ys posted: »

Ok I know this is from way back when, but if you trusted Jack in episode 2 you had the option to shoot Vasquez or August at the start of epi

• It seems almost like TT trolling the audience training you to associate the yellow eye with Jack/malevolence, and then design Rhys' 'present day' look the way they did.

(A bit like that blue tattoo, really)

Blockb0ys posted: »

Ok I know this is from way back when, but if you trusted Jack in episode 2 you had the option to shoot Vasquez or August at the start of epi

• edited December 2015

In the intro for episode 3 if you got his shoe back from optional dialogue in old haven, instead of fiona waking rhys up by throwing it at him and making the adorable smile, jack will do this :)

• ha! I didn't realize you could get the shoe back at old haven at all. Up until your post, I thought the only way to keep the shoe is for Fiona to just watch them fall.

In the intro for episode 3 if you got his shoe back from optional dialogue in old haven, instead of fiona waking rhys up by throwing it at him and making the adorable smile, jack will do this

• H-H-H-H-ooolly shit I didn't know that happened.
    Oh god.
    xD

rexoninj4 posted: »

If in episode 2 you refuse to tell Vaughn about jack this happens.... Jack troll Its around 1:30 :S.

• The shoe still disappears later though.

Linnet posted: »

ha! I didn't realize you could get the shoe back at old haven at all. Up until your post, I thought the only way to keep the shoe is for Fiona to just watch them fall.

• Yeah that was a development oversight.

The shoe still disappears later though.

• So glad I got this xD

In the intro for episode 3 if you got his shoe back from optional dialogue in old haven, instead of fiona waking rhys up by throwing it at him and making the adorable smile, jack will do this

Sign in to comment in this discussion.