Details that people might forget, don't notice or just don't know about Tales From The Borderlands

Comments

• At one point, Gortys mistakes Handsome Jack's name for "Gentle Jim". Jack's less-violent doppelganger in the Pre-Sequel calls himself "Jimothy" because he's forbidden from using his real name.

Probably just a coincidence, but there ya go.

• Most people definitely know this, but I didn't realize Kroger was voiced by Adam Harrington until recently. Which then made me realize that Lee and Bigby were basically teamed up, and I fanboyed a little

• I know he voiced Bigby, but I can't see them as Bigby and Lee. I always see them as Andy St. John and Lee, because Adam Harrington uses like the same voice for Kroger and Andy...

TWAU21 posted: »

Most people definitely know this, but I didn't realize Kroger was voiced by Adam Harrington until recently. Which then made me realize that Lee and Bigby were basically teamed up, and I fanboyed a little

• That's true! I see it as that now lol

I know he voiced Bigby, but I can't see them as Bigby and Lee. I always see them as Andy St. John and Lee, because Adam Harrington uses like the same voice for Kroger and Andy...

• Yeah, Andy and gangsta Lee..

I know he voiced Bigby, but I can't see them as Bigby and Lee. I always see them as Andy St. John and Lee, because Adam Harrington uses like the same voice for Kroger and Andy...

• Or the Wanted poster you can pick up in episode 1 xD

Misty99 posted: »

Or the Tediore shield that you pick up in episode 1.

• edited November 2015

now i can picture lee with finches sunglasses for some unknown reason

Yeah, Andy and gangsta Lee..

• edited November 2015

Like this?

Like this? :D

now i can picture lee with finches sunglasses for some unknown reason

• (couldn't find a better picture..) xD

Like this?

• edited November 2015

Cool.

• edited November 2015

lol xD

(couldn't find a better picture..) xD

• This...

dat ass

Something tells me that wasn't unintentional.

• Well a couple are if you don't go to hollow point and if you trust fiona.

Neither do Felix's grenades.

• Even so, if you pick up all three, there's still one remaining that goes unused.

Flog61 posted: »

Well a couple are if you don't go to hollow point and if you trust fiona.

• Theoretically Fiona uses it in the "Make her head spin" choice, but since it's only embellishment and she uses the grenade even when she doesn't have one, then I guess it doesn't count. :D

Even so, if you pick up all three, there's still one remaining that goes unused.

• Oh my....

This... Something tells me that wasn't unintentional.

• edited November 2015

Now I want to know what the Jack-apedia has to say.

This... Something tells me that wasn't unintentional.

• As you said, because it's Fiona embellishing that part of the story, you can't really count that. If you only find two grenades, go to Old Haven, and trust Fiona, that option is still here, so you can't really count that.

Pipas posted: »

Theoretically Fiona uses it in the "Make her head spin" choice, but since it's only embellishment and she uses the grenade even when she doesn't have one, then I guess it doesn't count.

• enter image description here

Linnet posted: »

Now I want to know what the Jack-apedia has to say.

• It's lines like that that made me want to keep Jack, even knowing it was a bad idea.

• I have a question:
    Say you chose to go to Old Haven as Rhys and Vaughn in Episode 2. As Fiona and Sasha, you choose to only take one of the flashbangs from Felix's house.

If you use the flashbang during the Athena chase, do you get an extra one to use if you side with Fiona at the end?

Or does Fiona always pick up the flashbang in the safe?

• You are forced to take 2 flashbangs.

BAZAPS posted: »

I have a question: Say you chose to go to Old Haven as Rhys and Vaughn in Episode 2. As Fiona and Sasha, you choose to only take one of the

• I had wondered that too. If I remember correctly, you don't have a choice. You have to pickup the flashbang from the safe AND the loot box before you can advance the scene.

I have a question: Say you chose to go to Old Haven as Rhys and Vaughn in Episode 2. As Fiona and Sasha, you choose to only take one of the

• In the final battle in The Vault of the Traveler, there's an option to not push the button to destroy the Traveler (And presumably Sasha within it) and the Accountant will do it.

There's no statistics for it, so did anyone not go through with it? I let the Accountant do it. Did anybody else?

• Yeah, I let the accountant do it in my silent playthrough, but Ivette wasn't with me. I'm wondering if Ivette pushes the button if you save her on Helios.

In the final battle in The Vault of the Traveler, there's an option to not push the button to destroy the Traveler (And presumably Sasha wit

• I had Yvette with me so she did it.

In the final battle in The Vault of the Traveler, there's an option to not push the button to destroy the Traveler (And presumably Sasha wit

• Oh right! I forgot about Yvette! She might! I have no idea, though she died in my game.

Yeah, I let the accountant do it in my silent playthrough, but Ivette wasn't with me. I'm wondering if Ivette pushes the button if you save her on Helios.

• Well that clears that up. Thanks dojo :)

dojo32161 posted: »

I had Yvette with me so she did it.

• Kinda related, there some unused audio of Fiona asking Sasha if she was sure that's what she wanted her to do before pressing the button. (Or blowing up)

• It kind of bothered me that there were so many QTEs throughout the series that didn't matter if you failed them. Whether you performed the action or not, the scene would continue, and they would act like nothing ever happened.

However, Telltale put in multiple QTE fails that didn't matter, but they gave a hilarious excuse. For instance, in Zer0 Sum, the bandit will pick up your stun baton, and if you don't push the button and let him fiddle around with it, he'll say something like "Oh here it is, the only button on this thing" and shock himself.

Do you guys know of any other failed QTEs that give an excuse to continue?

• For almost all of the QTEs there are consequences for failing them. Even if you don't die you may get knocked over (like Rhys with that train car thing in episode 1), smacked in the face (like Fiona failing to catch Sasha's gun in Episode 2), etc. The whole scene were Rhys is explaining the plan for Helios has some pretty funny results if you don't do anything, yet the scene still continues. Tell Tale did a pretty decent job of making something else happen (even slightly) if you choose not to react.

The few that truly don't matter (off the top of my head) are kicking Vallory in the face (in episode 5), Loaderbot smacking the gun on Helios as you're escaping (also in episode 5), and a few others that I'm sure I'm missing. Whether you react or not yields the same exact result.

It kind of bothered me that there were so many QTEs throughout the series that didn't matter if you failed them. Whether you performed the a

• Lol, I remember being sort of indignant when I read this. Like "you TOLD me to look for it jerk!"

• Actually, I'm doing a silent/no action playthrough of the game, and while yes, lots of QTEs do have consequences, a ton of them don't and the scene will continue as if you had completed it. (Multiple points during the Rhys/Badass Alpha Skag fight, and various others.) I suppose there just might seem like there's more to me because they catch me by surprise.

I did find another interesting thing, as Fiona, if August is questioning you about the Vault Key and you stay silent, he says something like "huh, straight to business eh? I like that." and you skip a giant chunk of dialogue.

For almost all of the QTEs there are consequences for failing them. Even if you don't die you may get knocked over (like Rhys with that trai

• Oh, I know I love it. I did that in one of my other playthroughs and thought: "Good. I don't have to sit through this for 4 minutes again!"

Actually, I'm doing a silent/no action playthrough of the game, and while yes, lots of QTEs do have consequences, a ton of them don't and th

• It took me so long to realize.. During the final stage of the Gortys/Traveler fight where she pulls out the sword and you get that final dialogue option with Rhys the music in the back is an orchestral remix of "The Galatarium" from the end of Episode 2. You can hear it on the main menu too.

• enter link description here

The actual song is an orchestra version of the Main Menu theme, but they added The Galatarium to it. It also contains part of "The Gortys Project" as well.

AlphaLeague posted: »

It took me so long to realize.. During the final stage of the Gortys/Traveler fight where she pulls out the sword and you get that final dia

• edited November 2015

2:24 - 2:56

The best part of the song. :D

enter link description here The actual song is an orchestra version of the Main Menu theme, but they added The Galatarium to it. It also contains part of "The Gortys Project" as well.

• If in episode 2 you refuse to tell Vaughn about jack this happens....
    Jack troll

Its around 1:30 :S.

• Agreed, I get chills whenever it gets to that part, so awesome.

2:24 - 2:56 The best part of the song.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.