Details that people might forget, don't notice or just don't know about Tales From The Borderlands

Comments

• He probably didn't want his precious cat getting destroyed. It looks fragile.

heres something i thought is worth mentioning in episode 5 if you choose cassius for your team then when they go to collect him he will have

• Blue?

BLUE?

BLUE?

RAAAAAAAAARGH

ITSHOULDBELIKETHISTELLTALEGETITRIGHTAAAAAAARGH

CarL_J posted: »

You can see the Conference Call on the ground (loot) after you kill the Vault Monster:

• Regarding that, what he picks is something that looks like a sniper rifle? I don't know much about BL items so I could be wrong

enter image description here

Pipas posted: »

Vaughn probably doesn't know how the colors works. Who would go for the green loot first? Pfft.

• enter image description here

sasha's actually definitely a lesbian. and before u say 'hey wait wait shes into rhys and kinda (determinantly) seems to be into august' consider this: thye are also lesbians.

• Do you have a link to that playthrough? I want to see it. :D

ZillionJape posted: »

So is Sasha a bisexual? I mean, in one playthrough I watched, where the player did not tell that Athena would have loved Janey, Janey ask

• Sasha joins in Threesome!!!!! AthenaxJaneyxSasha

I kinda have a problem with Sasha being a lesbian, tbh, because that would mean she was completely playing not just August but also Rhys, since regardless of what you do as Rhys, she seemingly takes an interest in you.

Ayy @Firehawkcultist I guess we got some Janey x Sasha action after all

• edited November 2015
    Pipas posted: »

Do you have a link to that playthrough? I want to see it.

• Not sure if this has been posted yet, if not, it definitely should have

It's nice that they put stuff from BL and BL2 into Tales.

• I like how the integrated the games into their story of borderlands, quite a few references throughout!

Not sure if this has been posted yet, if not, it definitely should have It's nice that they put stuff from BL and BL2 into Tales.

• I really loved it as a massive fanboy of the franchise and I kind of was thrown off guard when I realized how many just picked up the game with no prior Borderlands experience. So many references I feel went over people's heads that I took for granted and didn't make a big deal about.

I like how the integrated the games into their story of borderlands, quite a few references throughout!

• Played since the original! It's what made me get tales in the first place. I needed more borderlands!!

I really loved it as a massive fanboy of the franchise and I kind of was thrown off guard when I realized how many just picked up the game w

• SAME!!!!!!

Played since the original! It's what made me get tales in the first place. I needed more borderlands!!

• edited November 2015

On Xbox though, I do have bl1 on pc but my pc is crap

SAME!!!!!!

• Spaced was actually the first thing that came to mind after playing that scene. Fun show. Pretty sure it's a coincidence though, since finger-gun battles are hardly an unique concept.

Misty99 posted: »

Ok this goes back to episode 4, but I don't believe it was mentioned in this thread. I thought the finger gun battle was a nod to the one

• "How about you take a break, before I break my foot off in your ass!"

Bluebirdo posted: »

I feel like he thought that sounded a lot cooler in his head. To be fair, I've felt like that's the case with most of the things Rhys says.

• Who is this man and why have I never heard of him.

28:24 enter link description here

• GoodyOldGuys, he's fairly new and has uploaded all of the recent Telltale games as well as Life is Strange.

Poogers555 posted: »

Who is this man and why have I never heard of him.

• Did he seriously turn music off?

28:24 enter link description here

• I guess

ZapThroat posted: »

Did he seriously turn music off?

• enter image description here

ZillionJape posted: »

So is Sasha a bisexual? I mean, in one playthrough I watched, where the player did not tell that Athena would have loved Janey, Janey ask

• Hey now, bisexuality is a thing......come on. Rhysha can still happen....some day.

Sasha joins in Threesome!!!!! AthenaxJaneyxSasha I kinda have a problem with Sasha being a lesbian, tbh, because that would mean she was

• Hey now, bisexuality is a thing....

Rhysha can still happen...

J-Master posted: »

Hey now, bisexuality is a thing......come on. Rhysha can still happen....some day.

• edited November 2015

Yeah, I know.....

Hey now, bisexuality is a thing.... Rhysha can still happen...

• stirpicusstirpicus Telltale Alumni

I had to argue with people to get this reference in, so it makes me very happy that people recognized it.

Not sure if this has been posted yet, if not, it definitely should have It's nice that they put stuff from BL and BL2 into Tales.

• Thank you so much for putting it in

stirpicus posted: »

I had to argue with people to get this reference in, so it makes me very happy that people recognized it.

• Yeah. It could mean season 2, but it might not, it would be awesome though!

Oh alright. Gotcha! I said "We made a good team".

• Yeah, I agree about Spaced. That was most likely a coincidence. But if you look at that Xbox 360 commercial, you can definitely see that TTG drew some inspiration from it for that scene in Tales. They even borrowed the "guy on the phone" bit, except in the game he didn't play along after his call. :)

AdamGoodtme posted: »

Spaced was actually the first thing that came to mind after playing that scene. Fun show. Pretty sure it's a coincidence though, since finger-gun battles are hardly an unique concept.

• This is just an observation, but when I saw this scene with Loaderbot and Gortys, I couldn't help but think of another robot couple....

LB & Gortys

C3PO & R2D2

• This may have already been mentioned, but did anybody notice how in a lot of the "Next Time..." sections there were a bunch of scenes that aren't in the game? I've played through all of the episodes numerous times and haven't found a lot of those scenes. For instance, one Hodunk riding the Tector. A few are mentioned in this thread https://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/87127/next-time-on-tales-from-the-borderlands . Any ideas? That's always bothered me. Did I just not get those scenes?

• If a Season 2 does happen, that needs to be a reoccurring joke! In every next time sequence, I want to see that little clip of them and have it never happen!

This may have already been mentioned, but did anybody notice how in a lot of the "Next Time..." sections there were a bunch of scenes that a

• There were rewrites in the story, so some of the "Next Time" scenes never made it into the final product. This has happened with other TellTale games, especially The Wolf Among Us, that I can recall. When you have episodes spanning a year, it's not surprising that some things get rewritten. It does however make things a little confusing for the player in between episode releases. Ah well, I'm sure they tried their best :)

This may have already been mentioned, but did anybody notice how in a lot of the "Next Time..." sections there were a bunch of scenes that a

• I have a pretty good feeling that we will be coming across both of them as npcs in an upcoming Borderlands game. I also have a weird feeling the next game isn't going to take place on Pandora or Elpis. A new planet. Maybe the one they were teleported to.... they did teleport, right? Or did my game just glitch out and make the character models disappear? Lol

Yeah. It could mean season 2, but it might not, it would be awesome though!

• edited November 2015

To be fair, half of the stuff and most of the characters that appeared in the "Next Time" segments ended up happening or appearing in later episodes.

• I really feel like the whole Loader Bot thing was a rewrite. I feel like it was meant to be someone else. It's just weird to me that the whole time LB shows no emotion in his voice, then he feels betrayed and begins to show emotion? It just seems so thrown together. Playing back through it I can't tell if it actually makes sense or I'm trying my hardest to MAKE it make sense. Mostly Felix story. I was sure it was a messed up from the bomb Felix under there. I mean, his story of trying to keep them out of trouble by staging all that seems thrown together last minute. Not to mention going back through that moment with that knowledge. It just doesn't seem to make sense. If he wanted to keep them out of Vallory's warpath and have her go for him, why fake your death? If anything steal the money and make it MORE known that you did it. That would have kept Fiona and Sasha safe.

There were rewrites in the story, so some of the "Next Time" scenes never made it into the final product. This has happened with other Tell

• Poor Athena...

Ayy @Firehawkcultist I guess we got some Janey x Sasha action after all

• edited November 2015

CP3PO: I ask the questions.

Lando: Do you mind yourself what your doing?

Gets kicked

Leia: You Imperial scumbag

This is just an observation, but when I saw this scene with Loaderbot and Gortys, I couldn't help but think of another robot couple....

• edited November 2015

Its not really a 'Things you missed' but The Conference Call is one of my favourite weapons in BL2. I enjoyed the use of it in Tales.
    So I made a shortish... video if anyone is interested! :') Approx 3:50 in is the best part.

Conference Call

• *Chinese

heres something i thought is worth mentioning in episode 5 if you choose cassius for your team then when they go to collect him he will have

• The main theme for TFTB is Lynchwood's ambient theme in Borderlands 2.

enter link description here

Sign in to comment in this discussion.