Details that people might forget, don't notice or just don't know about Tales From The Borderlands

Comments

• XD dude... I thought Fiona's finger was a penis!

• What gives me great glee: all of these facts could lead up to Rhys having a towering reputation. Like, massive. Intimidating as all hell.

And then you meet the guy and he's still the kind of dork who thinks that running away in a zig-zag pattern is a genius idea. ;)

Dark_Star posted: »

If EP5 taught us anything, is that Rhys earned "Ultimately Superior Badass" rank in Borderlands that no one ever earned before. * He cr

• edited October 2015

So while analyzing VERY carefully with the most precise of tools, I've concluded that Rhys and Fiona must have slept through each other's stories in the night of Episode 3 and possibly some of Episode 4. If you break down a part, such as the determinant flower scene, in Episode 5 Fiona confronts Rhys at the vault and mentions how SASHA told her about it, as if she hadn't heard Rhys when he described his part.

This could also explain why Fiona made no objections while Rhys told a few parts about him being romantic to her sister. And don't you think Rhys, knowing him, would try to say "No! I would never do that!" determinantly when Jack slapped Sasha on da booty? Even if he knew about it or not, I would object such a thing, too.

• But... how could anyone deny him?!

If you stay silent when Vaughn asks for a hug from Fiona, Rhys says "ouch... denied" and in the corner it says '? Cool moves, Fi. Cool moves.'

• Well, this is just unused audio, but there was audio of Fiona's reason for being mad at Rhys because he "was making googly eyes at Sasha."

I guess Telltale realized that would be just stupid

bigdogg0821 posted: »

So while analyzing VERY carefully with the most precise of tools, I've concluded that Rhys and Fiona must have slept through each other's st

• That was used in game as well. At least I got that.

Poogers555 posted: »

Well, this is just unused audio, but there was audio of Fiona's reason for being mad at Rhys because he "was making googly eyes at Sasha." I guess Telltale realized that would be just stupid

• edited October 2015

wat.

Fiona can say the reason she's mad at Rhys is because Sasha?

enter image description here

Pipas posted: »

That was used in game as well. At least I got that.

• She adds it to her reasons.

wat. Fiona can say the reason she's mad at Rhys is because Sasha?

• I had that in my game as well, I thought it was funny.

Well, this is just unused audio, but there was audio of Fiona's reason for being mad at Rhys because he "was making googly eyes at Sasha." I guess Telltale realized that would be just stupid

• edited October 2015

Everyone probably noticed this already, but Vaughn has different text color in Episode 5.

• edited October 2015

I don't know if this has been mentioned before but I just noticed this on another play through.

In episode one, when Fiona and Vaughn are approached by the guard at the bandit race he calls them Glasses Face and Hat Lady...when they reunite it episode 5 they greet each other the same way.

I thought that was cute :)

• why play with our emotions like this brah?!? I want this to be real so bad

Dark_Star posted: »

You can actually hire BL2 Vault Hunters in TFTBL if you have BL2 save file which allows you to choose more than 3 team members. And if you h

• Whoever is doing the silent treatment / inaction approach...
    :)

Bombummie posted: »

But... how could anyone deny him?!

• It has been mentioned before (by me actually), but it's still a neat little detail. Also, it only happens if you bro-fist Vaughn.

I don't know if this has been mentioned before but I just noticed this on another play through. In episode one, when Fiona and Vaughn are

• If you do the same in Episode 2, it'll say :

Again? Seriously? A lot of people worked hard on that!!

josse01 posted: »

When the credits are rolling click enter and the credits will stop, and on the top corner it will say: ''Telltale will remember that''

• He was ALSO that child of helios that said "We gotta fire now!"

ShaneGrimes posted: »

Wasnt he one of the children of helios?

• I didn't realize that was a reference to that scene back in Episode 1. Huh, that's cool.

I don't know if this has been mentioned before but I just noticed this on another play through. In episode one, when Fiona and Vaughn are

• One of the writers of Episode 5, Zack Keller, is one of the main writers and directors for the popular animated web comedy series Dick Figures. He also provides the voice of Blue in the series.

• edited November 2015

Brick and mordecai taking Athena to Lilith for borderlands the pre sequal. I think...
    Vallory said Lilith and the Crimson lance want to question her

• There's a limit though...

:<

Vold posted: »

Whoever is doing the silent treatment / inaction approach...

• edited October 2015

I just noticed this going through Ep5 the second time.

When Kroger shows up in the present with Vaughn, if you choose to mock Finch being dead, saying you remember what happened to him, Kroger will respond "Remember while you can." while inadvertently waving his gun around towards the top of the screen.

enter image description here

I laughed harder than I should of when I first caught this.

• edited October 2015

Don't know if it was already said, but if you shock Yvette with the stun baton, you don't have the option to free her from the cell, she has a brief chat with Rhys in which he says "good luck having an awful life" at the end and leaves her behind

Also, when Gortys gets activated for the second time, you can hear a part of "the Galatarium" song from EP2

• Oh in my mind Rhys has always been rocking the Patrick Bateman (American Psycho) look, with the slicked back hair, shirt with the white collar and red tie. Oh and the tiny business cards reference earlier in seemed to be a nod to that film too.... Obviously he's a bit more sane though!!

You know what's beyond funny for me? Since day 1, I always thought Rhys reminded me of Flynn Rider from Disney's Tangled, if he worked with

• ACTUALLY... if you do not reveal you are Rhys when in the office with her you can let her out. It's only if you say "Helloooooo Yvette..." with Rhys' voice it doesn't give you an option to let her out

• If you choose to walk away with the "You've made your choice option", his final words to her are something like "Have fun, with being a terrible person." which isn't the best parting line. I feel like he thought that sounded a lot cooler in his head.

• It's actually "Have a great life being an awful person. K, bye!" . Definitely one of my favorite quotes from the game..

If you choose to walk away with the "You've made your choice option", his final words to her are something like "Have fun, with being a terrible person." which isn't the best parting line. I feel like he thought that sounded a lot cooler in his head.

• Not really a missed detail, more of a personal thing, but who else gets goosebumps when hearing the "Everyone thinks they're the hero of their own story.." line from Jack? :D

• Limit to what?

Bombummie posted: »

There's a limit though... :<

• I done a few playthroughs now and when vaughn as the "bandit boss" gets the the children of helios to point the laser pointers, sometimes its just one pointer on the "stranger", sometimes there are two pointers, one on rhys and one on fiona (with no target on the stranger) and most of the time its three pointers rhys, fiona and the stranger being targeted, it all ends the same with vaughn making his hand gun and the stranger looking down to see one, two or three laser dots on his chest before dropping his gun.

I have no idea what is causing this difference but there you go :P

• That's pretty interesting, I only found 2 versions on youtube by an accident- the one with all the lasers on the Stranger and the one with only one laser on Stranger. Thought it was a bug but you confirmed that it isn't. Nice find. :D

• edited October 2015

I got a version where Fiona and the Stranger got targeted, but Rhys didn't. It makes it funnier when Rhys say "Looks like I hit murder bingo!"

• It may not be an exact reference but I like that the Children of Helios took a page from Doug from the Walking Dead's book by using laser pointers as a weapon.

• When I started playing Arkham Knight I was like oh wow this is just like Tales!

• Did Dumpy do anything in Episode 5?

• That was one of my favourite quotes of the game the original "Hay look it's glasses face and hat lady." Was so pleased they referenced it at the end, made me laugh out loud. I needed that as I was getting very stressed in the final episode!

• He dies like a real mvp

Did Dumpy do anything in Episode 5?

• Only if you reject Hyperion.

He dies like a real mvp

• I know, but Dumpy was the real mvp.

He gave his little yelling soul up for Rhys. He will be missed.

dojo32161 posted: »

Only if you reject Hyperion.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.