Details that people might forget, don't notice or just don't know about Tales From The Borderlands

Comments

• edited October 2015

Right away he annoyed me and I could not wait to get rid of him but I will say he was much better in episode 5 I found myself not wanting to strangle him so I have improved a little.

Poogers555 posted: »

howcouldyounotlikethelilballofabs?

• further upon that if you call Rudiger Grease face Fiona will call Vaughn that.

If you decide to Bro Fist Vaughn, Fiona will call him Glasses Face and Vaughn will call her Hat Lady, a reference to the bandit in Episode 1 who sells them the masks before the race.

• Man, 2015, what an interesting year for two individuals who had a psychopath stuck in their heads.

enter link description here

• Then at the end of the game he ultimately plundered a Vault. Which you can count on two fingers the amount of people who have even come close to doing that. (reference to episode 1.)

Dark_Star posted: »

If EP5 taught us anything, is that Rhys earned "Ultimately Superior Badass" rank in Borderlands that no one ever earned before. * He cr

• I see why that was left out...

An unused audio of another room that could be vented in the beginning of the game. http://wishesformakebelieving.tumblr.com/post/131752326573

• And when Vaughn runs towards the loot, Sasha says "The Desolator's mine! I died for it already!" the text passes by quickly so it might have been missed.

I totally missed that. That's actually pretty funny!

bigdogg0821 posted: »

* So you guys know Gortys' comical relief line when everyone was hugging Sasha? She said : "I'm so happy I could scream! But I won't. Ca

• when fiona flips off vaughn she says "you scared the crap out of me" and then Vaughn says that he wanted to make a dramatic entrance.

Just asking, has anyone politly flipped off Vaughn?Im curious on what happens, because why would you want to flip off that lil bearded sexy guy?

• E͍̲̊ͫ͗́m̗̙ͪb̡̙̯eͧͧ̓̔̆̚҉l̳͖̎͢ͅl̢ͤ̔i̸͎̹s̬̻̳̣̙ͧ̏͂̕h̹̻̣̖̟̰̟͛̽i̜̭͍ͦn̹̙̮̪͑̇͗͌̂̀g̴̘.̣̬̟̙̫̏͛

SullenRat64 posted: »

Why did Athena have a changed voice and her eyes red in Episode 2? This isn't explained in the other games or this one.

• Almost all the Handsome Jack art from ep 4 can be found in Opportunity.

enter image description here

• The bow Kroger uses is a Torgue.

• In ep 4 you can sniff the psycho that tries to stab you and look at the bones without your echo eye resulting in Rhys saying yummy.
    • In ep 5 you can talk to Gortys and Sasha while Jack is having his rant about where Rhys is. (Gortys asks if Handsome Jack is called Gentle Jim while Saha says you need to leave.)
  • "You scared the shit outta me!"

Fiona: "You scared the shit out of me."

"I wanted to make a dramatic entrance."

Vaughn: "Eh, I wanted to make a dramatic entrance."

"It's good to see you, Vaughn."

Fiona: "It's good to see you, Vaughn."

The scene then flows back into the hug/brofist scene, and Fiona winks at him.

Just asking, has anyone politly flipped off Vaughn?Im curious on what happens, because why would you want to flip off that lil bearded sexy guy?

• edited October 2015

As everyone knows, Lucille, the lethal baseball bat from the Walking Dead, appears in August's hands in Episode 5.

But there might be another reference, too. August's a Pandoran gangster, remember? Now, what gangster movie also had a prominent scene with a baseball bat?

Well, that was brutal.

Of course, this is only a theory, so you may disprove it if you will.

• I HAVE FOUND IT!!

bigdogg0821 posted: »

I found this one funny and didn't catch it until I had to rewind after clicking a wrong button. Jack is saying "What the hell is that?" to t

• Then i had to replay the finger gun shootout and give Jack a definitive no.

Twice in my case. Tried hesitation at the first opportunity after saying yes. Hesitation from word go at initial reject/rule choice worked, though. Still, didn't happen how I would've liked it to.

• edited October 2015

You can actually hire BL2 Vault Hunters in TFTBL if you have BL2 save file which allows you to choose more than 3 team members. And if you have extra Vault Hunter DLC's in your save file, there will be 2 extra seats in Gortys for Gaige and Krieg. That's my team. It's good, right?

(?) That's it. SOMEBODY BAN MR. BULLSH!T'S SORRY ASS OUTTA HERE!

(?) OH YOU LITTLE SH!T.

• :D

ShaneGrimes posted: »

I HAVE FOUND IT!!

• oh my god, he looks so sad when she does that ;-;

• He gets over it pretty quick, but still.

What the hell, man

(Bonus points: Rhys scowls at you like "what the hell, man")

oh my god, he looks so sad when she does that ;-;

• this is only a theory

A GAME THEORY!!! Thanks for watching!

LawmanZero posted: »

As everyone knows, Lucille, the lethal baseball bat from the Walking Dead, appears in August's hands in Episode 5. But there might be ano

• Goddammit you had me going there for a second.

..... Sauce please.....

You can actually hire BL2 Vault Hunters in TFTBL if you have BL2 save file which allows you to choose more than 3 team members. And if you h

• They fixed that a lonnnnggggg time ago

If you replay episode 1: When Rhys is being dragged through the desert, there is a shot of "The stranger", and you can see that Helios is still in the sky. TTG please fix this (If it wasn't meant to be...)

• Agreed, anyone would do that for a true bro.

That is interesting. Well that could be one way to see their relationship. But I just think that Kroger and Finch were true bros rather than lovers.

• FUCK......

You can actually hire BL2 Vault Hunters in TFTBL if you have BL2 save file which allows you to choose more than 3 team members. And if you h

• enter image description here

An unused audio of another room that could be vented in the beginning of the game. http://wishesformakebelieving.tumblr.com/post/131752326573

• I just realise that when you get the option to kill Finich or leave him. I'm pretty sure its a callback to the choice with Lee, shoot him, or leave him.

• If you stay silent when Vaughn asks for a hug from Fiona, Rhys says "ouch... denied" and in the corner it says '? Cool moves, Fi. Cool moves.'

kaza125 posted: »

I just realise that when you get the option to kill Finich or leave him. I'm pretty sure its a callback to the choice with Lee, shoot him, or leave him.

• And that's exactly why I shot him,now if you'll excuse,I'll go cry in a corner for a bit ;-;

I just realise that when you get the option to kill Finich or leave him. I'm pretty sure its a callback to the choice with Lee, shoot him, or leave him.

• I let him be; didn't want to waste the bullet (forgot about that ammo Athena gave me in ep. 3).

• In the first episode when all the bandits swarm our Hyperion trio, the one who shoots the rockets from the roof is holding the same model of rocket launcher Vallory wields...

...but he's holding it backwards. Probably just a mistake, since the rockets are still firing from the exhaust/stock. Don't have a screenshot unfortunately, but that giant Maliwan grip gives away the launcher's incorrect orientation.

• When Loader Bot's second freeze title frame comes up in Episode 5, it says "01000110 01110010 01101001 01100101 01101110 01100100" under his name, which in binary, is translated to "friend". :D

• Ok this goes back to episode 4, but I don't believe it was mentioned in this thread.

I thought the finger gun battle was a nod to the one in Spaced:
    Spaced

But it's more likely a reference to this banned XBOX 360 commercial:
    Obvious reference is obvious

• Did anyone catch on to Rhys embellishing parts where necks break? Like, when he says Sasha broke the neck of that bandit guard in episode one it was shown as really quick and easy but when the Stranger breaks Kroger's neck in the present day it's much more brutal and he has a pretty strong reaction to it.

• [removed]

When Loader Bot's second freeze title frame comes up in Episode 5, it says "01000110 01110010 01101001 01100101 01101110 01100100" under his name, which in binary, is translated to "friend".

• You don't have to be a dick about it -_-

• You're right, I don't.. But this shit is just getting too repetitive someone has to do something about it.

You don't have to be a dick about it -_-

• Could you just explain to me how you made this!? xD

Could you just explain to me how you made this!? xD

• I think the difference is because he was seeing it up close rather from a distance. I think I would be rather freaked up to see a man getting his neck brutally snapped right in front of me.

Did anyone catch on to Rhys embellishing parts where necks break? Like, when he says Sasha broke the neck of that bandit guard in episode on

• I think he was surprised because he thought they were working together and suddenly the stranger just up and kills the guy.

Did anyone catch on to Rhys embellishing parts where necks break? Like, when he says Sasha broke the neck of that bandit guard in episode on

Sign in to comment in this discussion.