Details that people might forget, don't notice or just don't know about Tales From The Borderlands

Comments

• Someone did that? Ugh, I don't get why people are going for those ships to be considered canon. I'm not saying this cause it's homosexual; but because it wouldn't even fit in really. Rhys and Vaughn are best friends, and I mean friends who seem like they've been pals since childhood. It seems more fitting with them as friends; quirky, nerdy, best pals. Now Jack is the villain, how would they work out? One is a diabolical villain (A good one at that), and the other is our protagonist who only looked up to the guy cause he was successful; Rhys doesn't really like Jack's methods however.

Now I just don't think those could happen. They wouldn't fit well with their personalities and actions towards one another that are done throughout the game. And I'm going to clarify once again, cause I REALLY don't want someone to be offended- I don't look down upon these ships cause they're homosexual. In fact, I gotta give Gearbox props with how Borderlands has a good mix of relationships and different sexuality. For instance; Axton, Mr. Torgue, Moxxi are all bisexual. Sir Hammerlock is homosexual, (gay). Athena and Janey are a lesbian couple. Most games (At least ones that I play) don't have the sexual diversity Borderlands has.

Dude yes, i have been on tumblr since 2011, so any of the treatment the other ships that aren't rhack or gayperion get, doesnt surprises me

• ...what?

This is really true and I haven't put it into as much consideration. But while I'm looking at Hammerlock, I gotta give them props to his cha

• She really wouldn't. She is a singer, not an actress. Just because she looks like Sasha doesn't mean she has any acting experience or can pull off her mannerisms.

If Tales characters make an appearance in the Borderlands Movie, she would be a fitting role for Sasha.

• Really?

enter image description here

dojo32161 posted: »

Rhys is a guy and Fiona is a woman.

• When you play first time, around the first few words you realise that your life is about to be consumed... Then when you meet Sasha/Fiona you then realise something again. Shipping has never been so intense.

Also, two playable characters? 2....

2 x amount of other playable characters = 2. Season 2 confirmed guys!

• Oh, I just instantly thought she was an actress. Sorry. I made to quick of an assumption.

She really wouldn't. She is a singer, not an actress. Just because she looks like Sasha doesn't mean she has any acting experience or can pull off her mannerisms.

• Sir Hammerlock from Borderlands 2 does seem to be caucasian; but his sister in Pre-Sequel looks noticeably white in her DLC promotional poster.

Her promotional poster

But in the game itself she seems darker. This could be because Pre-Sequel was darker due to it being set in space.

Her in-game

...what?

• Only now know POC means people of colour. I was so confused reading all this refering back to POC. I was all "eh?.. poc.. whats that?"

You know what, forget I said anything. Didn't know POC was People of Color; and now that I just looked at the two next to each other, it's p

• Yes, i think the problem lies within the fandom itself.

Yes this is mainly true, but most people such as ourselves and people commenting on this understand the ethnicity of the characters accross all Borderlands titles, and don't, well I suppose the word is discriminate? Judge/Change what they are. Does that make sense? Hope so. You just always have those groups that don't agree with stuff etc

As for people drawing Fiona whiter than Rhys that is pretty much racist behavior, especially known as colorism, where the female HAS to be whiter than the male, because ???? I dont even know why? Its true females are lighter than males in certain etnicies (mostly mixed raced etnicies) but Rhys/Vaughn/Jack and Fiona/Sasha are not from the same etnicy? So how does that work?

Very interesting read this comment, c0ntinue. I would also say it's racist behavoiur. Changing the characters colour to be lighter/darker. I for one, love the colours of our main characters. Seeing all the Rhack 'white fave' behaviour, I hate the backwards White must be with White philosophy they're going with. They're trying to justify it with being a same sex relationship but it doesnt take away the racism there.

As regards to the colour on drawings, I have noticed this too across my tumblr dashboard aswell. I would also put this down to filters etc which isn't good in context.

Rhys & Sasha 4eva :P

• I'm also on it... The man, The Myth, The Legend! ;)

Okay, if lottii-lu is active on tumblr and you both say it can be a good place, then I'll take your word for it that there are some pretty good people on the site and it won't be to bad.

• edited April 2016

Nice. Also, I cracked up from your comment cause it made me think of the Scott Sterling video.

I'm also on it... The man, The Myth, The Legend!

• Lack of season 2 news.

• edited April 2016

The lighting is a bit different, but she's pretty obviously black in both imo. And I never ever once thought Sir Hammerlock looked caucasian.

You know, I see where you guys are coming from now, these discussions are insane.

Sir Hammerlock from Borderlands 2 does seem to be caucasian; but his sister in Pre-Sequel looks noticeably white in her DLC promotional post

• Probably for awhile.

Vasquez is asleep.

• edited April 2016

Hmmm, interesting. I've never considered Jack's race much, but I guess I always assumed he's caucasian not because of the whole "tanned guy" or whatever, but because his hair looks like a light enough brown that caucasian seems like the most likely guess for me. Jack looks a little whiter in some concept art than he does in the game. Not saying he doesn't have any hispanic/latino heritage. Far enough future, it would make sense for many characters to have mixed race ancestors.

I just haven't seen any strongly hispanic people with hair as light as Jack's, even accounting for sun bleaching.

Nisha Kadam is an Indian name, so I assume that's where she's from (name means something along the lines of "Night tree" I think).

Its so funny(no, not really) that people can't accept the fact that Fiona and Sasha are NOT white and that they dont have a defined "race",

• This is a detail everybody knows

MarijaaNo7 posted: »

Lack of season 2 news.

• What if season 2 is a part of Borderlands 3! BoomHeadshot!

• Sorry for the late reply, but she does act. She's not an A list actress, but I think she can pull it off. Her style and personality kind of mimics Sasha's actually (minus the Borderland esthetics of course).

Oh, I just instantly thought she was an actress. Sorry. I made to quick of an assumption.

• Yeah, it's a fun one. That final dual goliath fight was a bit frustrating, but still fun.

It's my favourite of the Headhunter packs for sure. And I like the Headhunter packs. Something about all the characters running around doing dumb stuff like wedding planning and going on vacation just appeals to me.

• During the big finger gun fight, you can die a couple of times. In a dark humor twist, if Rhys doesn't play along, his coworkers will get annoyed and demand to know why he's ignoring the sacred finger gun fight tradition. Rhys will speak up (not a choice), and everyone will realize he's in disguise, pull out real guns, and shoot him dead on the spot. I was shocked when these scenes came up. Apparently, you don't mess with traditions in H-Town, and Hyperion office drones are packing heat.

Further, I noticed that one of the pistols in the scene was the same pistol that Vasquez brandished in episode 3. Model reuse, yes, but more importantly it's the same pistol make that Handsome Jack used to murder Roland. Combined with the culture of vanity in Hyperion, for example the use of cars as office ornaments, and the tour, it just got me to wondering how much Handsome Jack actually told his underlings about his "adventures". Probably took (true) credit for killing the "bandit leader" Roland, but did he include details like the actual gun he used? Is there a Hyperion magazine somewhere in this universe that advertises: "Want true greatness kiddo? Well, for just $$$, you can order a replica of the exact pistol I used to defeat the bandit ringleader Roland" etc etc.

Anyway, I'm probably thinking way too much into this, but it just caught my eye and mind, is all.

• After the multiple times watching or playing this game, I just realized when the Stranger is dragging Rhys in Episode 1 to Fiona, that was the World of Curiosities she was tied up in. I feel incredibly stupid right now... ;_;

• Well, Jack took the chance to advertise Hyperion weapons when telling the stories about how he killed the Destroyer, I have no doubt he'd make sure to mention Hyperion weapons in all of his propaganda.

Bluebirdo posted: »

During the big finger gun fight, you can die a couple of times. In a dark humor twist, if Rhys doesn't play along, his coworkers will get an

• I never noticed this small detail. During the deal in Episode 1, while Rhys look at the vault key, his echo eye started to glow, indicating that he was about to scan it. This explains Sasha's panicked reaction when she suddenly slammed the box shut to keep Rhys from scanning it.

• In that case, I wonder if she knew something about that sort of technology he had in the first place??
    I wonder if Felix would have taught them some type of Hyperion technology like that?

I never noticed this small detail. During the deal in Episode 1, while Rhys look at the vault key, his echo eye started to glow, indicating

• So, you're saying, that he actually kills one of them?

• A-IBRAHIM0702A-IBRAHIM0702 Banned
    edited April 2016

Well, they do know about Atlas technology

hoodratq posted: »

In that case, I wonder if she knew something about that sort of technology he had in the first place?? I wonder if Felix would have taught them some type of Hyperion technology like that?

• Hahah, just obviously not how it worked.
    His echo eye wasnt specifically told how it was made either, was it? I wonder if they've maybe just encountered something similar in their childhood.
    I dunno, just throwing out ideas.

Well, they do know about Atlas technology

• So I was watching a playthrough of Tales and I noticed a funny coincidence.
    Rhys can be told at certain times that he sounds like the two people that compliment his sock.

By Vaughn at Episode 2 Atlas Mugged:

Rhys: "It's just a coincidence Vaughn! Men make their own destiny"

Vaughn:"You sound like Vasquez"

And by Sasha at Episode 3 Catch-a-Ride:

Rhys: "You're just a bad jugde of character"

Sasha:"You sound just like Fiona"

I don't know if it was intentional or not but I think it's fun. xD

• How did i never notice this

• I NEVER NOTICED THAT LOL

buttstabber posted: »

How did i never notice this

• Also the only time he uses ":P" in a hack's name.Huh.

lottii-lu posted: »

I NEVER NOTICED THAT LOL

• That's... quite adorable actually.

Also the only time he uses ":P" in a hack's name.Huh.

• Because of this I will heavily over-analyze any computer screen text I see in this game from here on out.

How did i never notice this

• There's not many screens through the game as far as i remember.But if you happen to see something fancy-be sure to post it here)

Because of this I will heavily over-analyze any computer screen text I see in this game from here on out.

• UPDATE: I couldn't find anything note-worthy. It's too small for me to see, or nothing to see at all. :(

There's not many screens through the game as far as i remember.But if you happen to see something fancy-be sure to post it here)

• Rhys can pet Loader Bot.

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

R4WR

Pipas posted: »

Rhys can pet Loader Bot.

• enter image description here

Rhys can pet Loader Bot.

• Loader bot can also pat Rhys in Episode 3 (after he opens the entrance to the bio-dome)

Rhys can pet Loader Bot.

• Yes, but that happens always as far as I know.

Loader bot can also pat Rhys in Episode 3 (after he opens the entrance to the bio-dome)

Sign in to comment in this discussion.