Details that people might forget, don't notice or just don't know about Tales From The Borderlands

Comments

• I thought about that too, but the hat scene happened near the the end so they could have tagged it along after it ended or Fiona could say something like "...and I did not lose my hat" when it got to her part. The fact that it is small and inconsequential is why I think it was most likely an error or something someone forgot about when they created that part of the game.

The difference here though is that this occurred during the musical intro for the episode, you can't have him or someone else interrupt as t

• Yeah, a little extra between them is always welcomed :P . I was actually expecting Rhys to walk over to pick it up right after he got up.

Lol, not sure which purpose it would serve that far back since you can get another outfit with a hat at the dome if you have enough money but I guess it could have been a little nice touch.

I am sure she could use anything....would have been funny if she kept Rhys' shoe and used that instead of her hat :P

Poogers555 posted: »

Yeah I think having Fiona's hat being able for Rhys to take and return to Fiona would have been a neat little extra, maybe the hat could hav

• Athena leggings

Me: clicks link

0-0

Me: WAAAAAAAAAANNNNNT

Linnet posted: »

I think it's wrong that TTG doesn't have a merch store and these aren't on the 2K store either. I see there are such things as Athena leggings and a Hyperion tank though...grabby hands

• In that case I should probably mention the Gearbox store seems to be doing a clearance sale on their Athena clothing (Tees and hoodies).

Athena leggings Me: clicks link 0-0 Me: WAAAAAAAAAANNNNNT

• edited January 2016

NGH

I'm not allowed to buy from the internet... Maybe I can convince my dad to get it for me... I want the tattoo hoodie... ._.

Edit: I asked him for the Nisha camisole and now he wants to know "what's up with it".

In that case I should probably mention the Gearbox store seems to be doing a clearance sale on their Athena clothing (Tees and hoodies).

• Lol, she's a wild west sheriff? Any further details might reduce your odds of success.

I am simultaneously happy and sad about the Athena sale...it looks like a clearance, and there are no newer products for her. I like the little vault symbol zipper pull on the Zero hoodie, too.

NGH I'm not allowed to buy from the internet... Maybe I can convince my dad to get it for me... I want the tattoo hoodie... ._. Edit: I asked him for the Nisha camisole and now he wants to know "what's up with it".

• Just caught your forum name in episode 4's Jackified credits. Cool moves Hobo, cool moves.

HoboStew posted: »

You should look around some more in there

• Dialogue difference:

If you trust Jack in Gortys' assembly chamber, afterward in the caravan when he warns you about Athena, he'll start out by saying: "...don't want to distract you from the victory laps you're probably taking now that Vasquez is dead..."

If you trust Fiona instead, Jack says lap instead of laps.

• That is a VERY subtle difference. Pretty impressive you found that out.

Bluebirdo posted: »

Dialogue difference: If you trust Jack in Gortys' assembly chamber, afterward in the caravan when he warns you about Athena, he'll start

• edited January 2016

Some cut dialogue between Vaughn and Rhys.

http://hyperiontrashcan.tumblr.com/post/121291844503/tales-from-the-borderlands-vaughn-cut-dialogue

Guess they had a different actor then Troy for Rhys; or they had him try something different. Rhys, ever since the reveal has always had a similar appearance to Troy Baker.

EDIT: Sounds like Nolan North to me.

• Well Sam Witwer was originally supposed to play Rhys

Some cut dialogue between Vaughn and Rhys. http://hyperiontrashcan.tumblr.com/post/121291844503/tales-from-the-borderlands-vaughn-cut-dia

• So apparently "You're the man now, dog." is an Internet meme from 2001. How or why this got inserted into the game I have no idea.

• That's Vaughn though, isn't it? He says "I'm just an accountant..."

dojo32161 posted: »

Well Sam Witwer was originally supposed to play Rhys

• I think it's both. Maybe that was part of what triggered the recast, the originals sounded too alike.

That's Vaughn though, isn't it? He says "I'm just an accountant..."

• Its just Vaughn, the old Rhys does sound super familiar, but it is just Vaughn. Interestingly there is also unused audio of Rhys as Nolan North and Unused Fiona of what seemed to sound like the actress of Bloody Marry from Wolf Among Us.

I think it's both. Maybe that was part of what triggered the recast, the originals sounded too alike.

• Unused Fiona of what seemed to sound like the actress of Bloody Marry from Wolf Among Us.

Kat Cressida

Its just Vaughn, the old Rhys does sound super familiar, but it is just Vaughn. Interestingly there is also unused audio of Rhys as Nolan North and Unused Fiona of what seemed to sound like the actress of Bloody Marry from Wolf Among Us.

• edited January 2016

Oh. Wow. Here it is:

2001 meme? ok.

EDIT: Oh, sorry, the picture isn't showing up, eh, just click the link.

So apparently "You're the man now, dog." is an Internet meme from 2001. How or why this got inserted into the game I have no idea.

• stirpicusstirpicus Telltale Alumni

I think you mean it's a "Finding Forrester" (2000) reference. ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPjvDE-rKo0

So apparently "You're the man now, dog." is an Internet meme from 2001. How or why this got inserted into the game I have no idea.

• Yeah, I did some searching and realized that, but I was too lazy to edit. (Special thanks to http://yourethemannowdog.com)

"Finding Forrester", did Ryon get lost or something? Season 2 plot confirmed. Sean Connery joins the task in the Hunt for the Forrester Child.

stirpicus posted: »

I think you mean it's a "Finding Forrester" (2000) reference. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPjvDE-rKo0

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator

It doesn't sound far off from Vaughn's current voice, surprisingly, despite being a different VA. It has that same panicky, nerdy tone/cadence to it.

Some cut dialogue between Vaughn and Rhys. http://hyperiontrashcan.tumblr.com/post/121291844503/tales-from-the-borderlands-vaughn-cut-dia

• edited January 2016

Apparently Zer0's voice in Episode 5 also was used in a trailer for Borderlands 2. Around 0:19

Wimoweh

• Shoot, I thought this was a conversation between Rhys and Vaughn somehow. :/

That's Vaughn though, isn't it? He says "I'm just an accountant..."

• lmao, that is like, the weirdest thing to change based on a choice

Dialogue difference: If you trust Jack in Gortys' assembly chamber, afterward in the caravan when he warns you about Athena, he'll start

• Zer0's ep 5 voice is a glitch apparently, it sounds like they forgot to put one of the filters on his voice for he basically just sounds like his voice actor before the filter.

Apparently Zer0's voice in Episode 5 also was used in a trailer for Borderlands 2. Around 0:19 Wimoweh

• Yeah, which is what got me. I knew Episode 5's voice was a glitch; but it sounds almost identical to the one used in this trailer at the beginning.

Zer0's ep 5 voice is a glitch apparently, it sounds like they forgot to put one of the filters on his voice for he basically just sounds like his voice actor before the filter.

• The tone of the sentence is different too. Trust jack causes him to say "Hey Buddy!" But trusting Fiona cause him to say just "hey."

• Holy balls. Was playing episode 2 again, and there was a big hint that the Stranger was Loaderbot.

If you go to Hollow Point and Loaderbot saves Fiona and Rhys. The stranger will commentate and say that 'Wait, Loaderbots can't do that', then Fiona says 'Were you there? No you weren't' :D

Cheeky writers

• This is another interesting fact video.

enter link description here

• I found this interview with Troy Baker, just talking more about his opinions of Telltale Games and Rhys' socks. He starts talking about Telltale at about 56:45, but I transcribed it below too.

** Troy:** Making something like Tales from the Borderlands for me was - being a huge fan of the Telltale Games period - Walking Dead, I think I jumped up and screamed more than anybody at the awards show when it won Game of the Year because it was like ‘the little guy did it’. You know, and you were up against Call of Duty, you were up against big Triple-A marquee titles, and your little game that most people played [raises hand] on their ipad…

Interviewer: The marketing budget for some of the titles it was up against was exponentially larger than the development fund.

Troy: And, I mean, Telltale knows who they are. They’re like, ‘graphics? Eh. Story? Yay! And we make you have real agency in the series.’ And it takes something like Borderlands, where it’s like, ‘you’re a hard-core shooter… except in this. There’s really no shooting. There’s a little bit, but no.’ That’s bold. That’s brave. And we had a great cast, amazing writers. I actually got - I came home for Christmas break and I had a package from Telltale. It was a Christmas card, with Rhys doing a selfie, and it was a pair of socks. They had his socks that Rhys had in the game, made, and sent it to me. And it all came from walking into the studio one morning for a session and they’re like ‘nice socks.’ I was like ‘ yeah man, life’s too short to wear boring socks.’ And they went [makes writing gesture].

Interviewer: ‘Yep that goes in!’

Troy: And then they gave - if you play the series, the whole scene where Rhys gets his boot ripped off and there’s his socks and they give him shit about his socks. He’s like, ‘hey, there’s a few things guys have. Footwear is one of them.’

• Missing one for Sasha, she has a different one if you threaten Tector with your gun. But good job otherwise.

Hey guys I have completed my Gif Intros for Borderlands! Please Check them out!! Tales from the Borderlands: Episode 1 - 5 Intros Tale

• Dartigan confirmed

• cheers.

Yeah, I just put what I could fit on tumblr with one post. (also what i had recorded too) so i didn't have that one

Missing one for Sasha, she has a different one if you threaten Tector with your gun. But good job otherwise.

• I really want to see that Christmas card.

(Also the woman who worked at the recording studio was so sweet, the way her face lit up when Troy answered her question and the goodbye high five)

LoseMyHome posted: »

I found this interview with Troy Baker, just talking more about his opinions of Telltale Games and Rhys' socks. He starts talking about Tell

• edited January 2016

You know what's ironic about Troy Baker and Laura Bailey voicing the protagonists of TFTBL? They both voiced the protagonists of InFamous Second Son/First Light as well, being Delsin Rowe and Abigail Walker AKA Fetch.

• Yup, they usually voice act in the same games.

AronDracula posted: »

You know what's ironic about Troy Baker and Laura Bailey voicing the protagonists of TFTBL? They both voiced the protagonists of InFamous Second Son/First Light as well, being Delsin Rowe and Abigail Walker AKA Fetch.

• Oh, so everyone got that voice. Ah well, I was still okay with it...

Zer0's ep 5 voice is a glitch apparently, it sounds like they forgot to put one of the filters on his voice for he basically just sounds like his voice actor before the filter.

• Hey new,
    also not sure if anyone posted this but if you trust Jack in episode 2 you are given a choice to shoot August and Vasquez, do nothing and Jack shoots Vasquez, leaving a shocked RhysJack annoyed at Rhys Jack shoots Vasquez Jack shoots Vasquez Rhys and Jack

• In episode 1, if you press the bottom button during the hacking scene, it'll play music in which Sasha will reply that at when they die it'll have a nice sound, in which Rhys replies that he's almost got it, Jack speaks to Rhys in a taunting tone asking if he's almost "got it", with his cybernetics flashing blue and his whole body twitching. Rhys replies saying he does but says nothing when Sasha asks who he was talking too.
    Choice 1

Push the top button and Jack will say "Look at you! A real winner." Causing Rhys head to basically Echo in Jacks Voice, hurting his head and ears
    a REAL winner

• Very nice - never knew this!

• That always happens, no matter which button you press.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.