Details that people might forget, don't notice or just don't know about Tales From The Borderlands

Comments

• edited March 2016

The entirety of the game was caused by Vasquez.
    He threw Henderson out and became the manager, thus making Rhys upset. Then he buys the vault key, causing Rhys to get the idea to steal the deal. Then the game happens.

Also it's Vasquez's fault that Scooter died by throwing Henderson out the airlock. Humongous Assquez, basically.

• interesting

dojo32161 posted: »

That happens if you use most swear words. J1N is a programmer at Telltale BTW.

• At the menu screen, the character that the camera is not on will have their arms crossed and the one being focused on will have their arms down/be doing something with them. Just a neat little bit i noticed

• Kinda going off this, I dont know if anyone noticed this, but if you are looking in the menu's sometimes you can hear Rhys' arm glitching, but it seems to happen only if you are in the menus and cant see Rhys on the screen.

butlerkitty posted: »

At the menu screen, the character that the camera is not on will have their arms crossed and the one being focused on will have their arms down/be doing something with them. Just a neat little bit i noticed

• I don't think so really. Even if you have Rhys act like a dick, they still are friends.

Arih125 posted: »

I was wondering if your relationship with Vaughn can effect his plot line somehow? I mean will it matter if I've been a douche to Vaughn the whole entire time? This is my douchey play through, Vaughn and I are totally the broest of broes!!

• So telling Vallory that it was Vasquez's fault on all this is definetly the right thing.

The entirety of the game was caused by Vasquez. He threw Henderson out and became the manager, thus making Rhys upset. Then he buys the vau

• Looooool

If you rename a save file with the word "Asshole", when you press 'Okay' the file will be renamed to "J1N will remember that"

• Also in Resident evil 6, Jake and Helena!

AronDracula posted: »

You know what's ironic about Troy Baker and Laura Bailey voicing the protagonists of TFTBL? They both voiced the protagonists of InFamous Second Son/First Light as well, being Delsin Rowe and Abigail Walker AKA Fetch.

• TFTBL is the first case where I hear Troy and Laura working togheter.

AGentlman posted: »

Also in Resident evil 6, Jake and Helena!

• i'm doing a jerk play through as well. and i noticed rhys is not so much an asshole but someone trying to act tough but is really the biggest dork in the universe.

I was wondering if your relationship with Vaughn can effect his plot line somehow? I mean will it matter if I've been a douche to Vaughn the whole entire time? This is my douchey play through, Vaughn and I are totally the broest of broes!!

• and because of him ai jack came to be and helios is now destroyed. man vasquez fits the heavy more then jack does.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheHeavy

The entirety of the game was caused by Vasquez. He threw Henderson out and became the manager, thus making Rhys upset. Then he buys the vau

• Yeah but if it wasn't for Vasquez, Rhys never would have met Sasha/Fiona (depending on shipping preferences), so there's that.

• Okay, but… you're all just taking Jack at his word there? Handsome Jack? …really?

Honestly, no one at Hyperion is innocent (Rhys and Vaughn included, adorable though they are) but kitten fighting as Jack describes it seems a bit far-fetched. Sounds more like he's slandering a dead man in order to insinuate himself into Rhys's good graces. ("Yeah, your ex-boss, that guy you just expressed remorse for? Terrible person. Y'know, whatever I may or may not've done, at least I wasn't a racist kitten-murderer. Right, kiddo? Trust me.")

Blockb0ys posted: »

As you all know, if you trust Jack on top of the caravan he asks what you want out of life. Furthermore there are a total of six options (tr

• I thought that was just the sound of Rhys' palm holo-projector activating? You can hear Fiona checking her pistol sometimes too.

Poogers555 posted: »

Kinda going off this, I dont know if anyone noticed this, but if you are looking in the menu's sometimes you can hear Rhys' arm glitching, but it seems to happen only if you are in the menus and cant see Rhys on the screen.

• I dont know, its weird, its not like that clear sound when he opens his arm normally, you hear like 3 static clicks and then it opening.

I thought that was just the sound of Rhys' palm holo-projector activating? You can hear Fiona checking her pistol sometimes too.

• Huh, weird. I'll have to listen for it next time I boot up the game.

Speaking of… going out to the menu screen after completing Ep 1, Rhys is still covered in skag blood while back-to-back with Fiona. Kinda creeped me out when I noticed that! Didn't quite register at first, and then… OMG, he looks like an axe murderer.

Poogers555 posted: »

I dont know, its weird, its not like that clear sound when he opens his arm normally, you hear like 3 static clicks and then it opening.

• Very true, I hadn't considered that!

It's hard to know considering we never met Henderson....

Rhys at Hyperion DLC plz.

Okay, but… you're all just taking Jack at his word there? Handsome Jack? …really? Honestly, no one at Hyperion is innocent (Rhys and Vaug

• Not sure if anything comes of it. I mean, I agreed to sell out Vaughn, which Sasha heard, and I kept waiting for her to bring it up. But it never does, sadly.

• edited March 2016

in episode 3 when vasquez gets shot f you choose tho say to gortys hes not feeling well theni in episode 4 when gorts sees henderson she will say uh oh someone isnt felling well

• LOL!

in episode 3 when vasquez gets shot f you choose tho say to gortys hes not feeling well theni in episode 4 when gorts sees henderson she will say uh oh someone isnt felling well

• This entire adventure wouldn't have happened. Honestly, we should be glad he did all of that. Hell, maybe the Tales crew should be greatful. Hyperion's name is off the map, they opened a vault, Rhys found love, Vaughn became a leader and popular, Rhys owns Atlas and potentially revived it for Borderlands 3, Fiona and Sasha got $9 million depending on choice, Vallory's gang is wiped out, Loader Bot met Gortys, we met Gortys. Alot more postives for the player and the characters in-game, then negatives.

Yeah but if it wasn't for Vasquez, Rhys never would have met Sasha/Fiona (depending on shipping preferences), so there's that.

• This happens with all choices.

Tell Gortys he's dead, and a bad guy she'll say- "Hey look, it's another dead bad guy."

Tell her he's sleeping, she'll say- "Shhhhhhh, I think he's sleeping"

And then you pointed out what she said with the 'Not feeling to well'

I'm curious what happens if you stay silent.

• Scooter tho.

This entire adventure wouldn't have happened. Honestly, we should be glad he did all of that. Hell, maybe the Tales crew should be greatful.

• edited March 2016

I tried it once.

If Fiona says nothing, Rhys chimes in, telling Gortys that Vasquez will be coming in a different car. Pretty funny, especially when they exchange looks like, "WTF?" and "Well, we had to tell her something"

But when you see Henderson again she doesn't say anything at all.

I was disappointed.

This happens with all choices. Tell Gortys he's dead, and a bad guy she'll say- "Hey look, it's another dead bad guy." Tell her he's s

• I wish she'd said; "Is he looking for a carpool?" or "Hey, wanna Catch a Ride?"

I tried it once. If Fiona says nothing, Rhys chimes in, telling Gortys that Vasquez will be coming in a different car. Pretty funny, espe

• edited March 2016

In Episode 2, In Felix's hideout, if you look on the tool set on the wall you'll see the weapons Lee can use in TWD S1 such as an axe, monkey wrench, and an ice pick.

• Something I just noticed, in the Episode 3 intro, during the last shot of Loader Bot and Gortys on top of the caravan, you can see The Biodome in the background.

enter link description here

• IDK if this has been said yet, but in Ep 3 if you said it was August's fault, Vallory rips out his nose ring. In the future following that, August will no longer have his nose ring.

• dont know if anyone noticed but in episode 2 when rhys and vaughn are being flown by loader bot there was a random piece of dirt floating which has been removed

• I miss his girlfriend too.

I really liked Nisha.

• I didn't as much. If your first impression on a character is that she snapped a dog's neck, then I will instantly hate them. She's funny in TPS, which is where I got my first impressions on her, but I couldn't accept leaving her alive after she comments on killing dogs and cats. (Specifically kittens) But after seeing this comment in Episode 4; I feel bad for Jack.

I miss his girlfriend too. I really liked Nisha.

• NEVER FORGET THAT JACK IS THE WORST.

I didn't as much. If your first impression on a character is that she snapped a dog's neck, then I will instantly hate them. She's funny in

• You either love him, or love to hate him. Nothing else.

Blockb0ys posted: »

NEVER FORGET THAT JACK IS THE WORST.

• Definitely in the love to hate category - and you're right :D

You either love him, or love to hate him. Nothing else.

• I'm not certain but I think it depends on whether you tell Loaderbot to kill him in ep 3

• Scooter finally got to kiss a hot lady. He accomplished all of his goals in life.

Pipas posted: »

Scooter tho.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.