Details that people might forget, don't notice or just don't know about Tales From The Borderlands

Comments

• I think that was more of a fun than training

You see her teaching her to shoot in the opening of episode 3 (she's firing against Athena's shield with the bullets hitting Jack's billboard).

• it's similar but not the same

• That guy is Jimbo Hodunk, and he can't speak English, only gibberish.

• Damn lol

He got DESTROYED.

Lmfao that escalated quickly. http://hyperiontrashcan.tumblr.com/post/128035972608/tales-from-the-borderlands-rhys-and-athena-cut

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator
    edited September 2015

It's a combination of him no longer having the various glitches and oddities emanating off his model (the stray pixels flying off of him, the static-y lines that go up and down his body, etc), being against a fully black background, and being projected onto a screen (as in, his model is in an entirely different place in game with a camera looking at him; he's not pre-rendered onto the screen)

I think that might be the case.

• possibly best wtf in game till now.

enter image description here

Leluch123 posted: »

possibly best wtf in game till now.

• hey come on! It isn't douchebaggery picking Jack.

It's siding with a god!

But this only works if you pick Fiona at the end of episode 3 (Vaughn has to be paralysed). So in my douchebag playthrough I never had to chance to ask for LB's forgiveness...

• enter image description here

When you wait too long in the rule ending and get the 'hesitation' version of the rejection ending, the restraints glitch and Rhys is already trapped before Jack puts the port in. I guess he could just slip his arm in and out of them the whole time? Enjoyed the dopamine too much to leave though, apparently.

• Did...Rhys just tell Jack the one thing every BL2 player wanted to say, and made him apologize to boot?

:O

possibly best wtf in game till now.

• That^^ Yeah there are also unused audio of him mocking Rhys second later but for some reason they cut it out....is

LawmanZero posted: »

Did...Rhys just tell Jack the one thing every BL2 player wanted to say, and made him apologize to boot? :O

• No, I totally pick Jack in my main playthrough, too.

But in my douchebag playthrough (which is based on picking the absolute worst/meanest/douchiest choices) I also picked Jack (because it felt more douchey than choosing Fiona), and then to add to said-doucheness I don't take his deal in ep 3 (which I wouldn't even dream of doing in my main!)

hey come on! It isn't douchebaggery picking Jack. It's siding with a god!

• But the real question is, Who have you chosen to save in that sequence? Loaderboit or Sasha?

But I have the feeling the choice in the ending of ep 2 didn't reall make sense, Fiona was mad because Rhys had his own plan he executed (Because Fiona didn't knew Jack was taking control)

I'm the biggest fanboy of Handsome Jack.

No, I totally pick Jack in my main playthrough, too. But in my douchebag playthrough (which is based on picking the absolute worst/meanes

• Do you really see Athena doing anything for fun?

Besides, Janey... ;)

I think that was more of a fun than training

yeah I do, besides it's shooting HJ face she's totaly enjoying herself

Do you really see Athena doing anything for fun? Besides, Janey...

• I think Jack is just messin' with Rhys. Instead of getting straight to the point like Rhys wants him to, he ends ups talking a lot longer in the form of an apology. In a way, this is the perfect way to annoy someone because Rhys can't say anything bad to Jack because he's apologizing, but he's also taking his time and talking even more doing it.

Did...Rhys just tell Jack the one thing every BL2 player wanted to say, and made him apologize to boot? :O

• HoboStewHoboStew Telltale Alumni

Man, who would do something like that?

As we all saw in the beginning of the Episode 4 credits, Handsome Jack replaced the actual Telltale employees with himself. However, he chan

• HoboStewHoboStew Telltale Alumni

That sonofa....

Pyro-Toxin posted: »

Hey, your the guy Handsome Jack gave credit to.

HoboStew posted: »

Man, who would do something like that?

• I don't know if I'm just a horrible person, but I saved Loader Bot in both my main and douchebag playthrough! I just thought it was the most logical because Loader Bot could potentially help more people, and I genuinely didn't think August would hurt her.

And Handsome Jack fan boys/gals are the best IMO!

But the real question is, Who have you chosen to save in that sequence? Loaderboit or Sasha? But I have the feeling the choice in the end

• Touché, I completely forgot about this!

• I saved Loaderbot because he is freaking awesome, it actually kinda dissapoints me we didn't get another fighting sequence where you control loaderbot, oh well.

I don't know if I'm just a horrible person, but I saved Loader Bot in both my main and douchebag playthrough! I just thought it was the most

• Wait what happens next, does Jack treat you like the Rule or Reject?

mirashade posted: »

When you wait too long in the rule ending and get the 'hesitation' version of the rejection ending, the restraints glitch and Rhys is alread

• bigdogg0821 posted: »

Wait what happens next, does Jack treat you like the Rule or Reject?

• Dat finger-crossing. :D

• I think I know why August doesn't like Gortys so much. In another life and world, August was named David. And David got his head repeatedly hacked to pieces by a girl named Ellie.

I think I know why August doesn't like Gortys so much. In another life and world, August was named David. And David got his head repeatedly hacked to pieces by a girl named Ellie.

• Here's a few gifs of the scene if you don't try to dodge August's bullet in episode 3:

• Vaughn has a tan on his arm, he isn't tanned where his shirt used to be:

Credit to: floofyweresheep

• Yeah I found this.

dojo32161 posted: »

Here's a few gifs of the scene if you don't try to dodge August's bullet in episode 3:

• I love that joke XD

dojo32161 posted: »

Here's a few gifs of the scene if you don't try to dodge August's bullet in episode 3:

• I didn't realise August's voice actor is from the deadpool game :D

• enter image description here Most things don make sense in pandora anyway ;DD

Still though, like . . . he's in a chair. I know physics on pandora are a little bit different, maybe he's lighter and easier to pick up out

• Yup, Nolan North. Also Nathan Drake and The Penguin in the Arkham games. And 1,000 other roles.

kaza125 posted: »

I didn't realise August's voice actor is from the deadpool game

• In Episode 1, while telling the stranger about the con, Rhys says Fiona 'wasn't even there', and Fiona replies 'Of course I was, you dope! I can't believe you haven't figured that out!'

I think this is an oversight, he clearly sees that Fiona and Felix were at the con the whole time when he enters the caravan, and only moments later Fiona, Sasha and Felix barge in. Even Rhys must have figured that out by the time they're captured.

In later Episodes, they also talk about that. Only in one scene in Episode 1, Rhys seems to have suffered from amnesia.

• I bet someone probably posted about this already, but I uploaded an alright quality video of Vaughn getting stabbed. I don't think I've even seen a video of this scene yet

enter link description here

• I don't think he realised she was physically in the room with them, though (well, in the vent).

For a while it bugged me that Fiona is clearly not visible in the vent when you're playing as Rhys, but then I realised it was his side of the story and that up until that point he genuinely didn't know she was in there.

In Episode 1, while telling the stranger about the con, Rhys says Fiona 'wasn't even there', and Fiona replies 'Of course I was, you dope! I

• his head shape seems wired, like its longer or something

I think that might be the case.

• y'know what, im happy he is alive and on pandora. [long pause] now il get to shot at him whenever i want while playing bl3

He's still alive and 13 right now. As of Claptastic Voyage, he's becoming less irritating. Keep on going down that route, Gearbox, and hopefully people will like him.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.