Details that people might forget, don't notice or just don't know about Tales From The Borderlands

Comments

• I love how the extra choices have the one that happens randomly listed (the venting one):

enter image description here

• edited October 2015

I found a notepad doc in the files for Ep5 by the name of 'unused lines', and it suggests there were going to be way more people you could recruit (or at least characters TTG was thinking about using):

A TEAM: Vaughn

Sasha

StrangerBot

Gortys

Tector?

Jones?

Mask Guy?

Psycho Buddy?

Gary?

Athena?

Zero?

Clap Trap?

Janey?

Felix?

Yvette?

Cassius?

August?

Vaughn?

env_10_newAtlas_recruitingSasha.dlog 361967618 B-TEAM (VAULT HUNTERS): Athena

Zer0

Clap-Trap

env_10_newAtlas_recruitingSasha.dlog 361967619 C-TEAM: Grease Face

Mask Guy

Guy Fiona Stole $ from

Biker Buddy

Pollux

env_10_newAtlas_recruitingSasha.dlog 361967620 B-TEAM (TECHS): Springs

Felix

Yvette

B-Team (Support)
    August
    Cassius
    Shade

• enter image description here

Woah August, why are you holding Loader Bot's arm?

• "Sorry, I'm busy-gonna club this guy to death first."

Tolispro posted: »

Lucille appears in episode 5

• Just August Things

LawmanZero posted: »

"Sorry, I'm busy-gonna club this guy to death first."

• That is sooo cool. I'll pick that in another playthrough. I love how Rhys quotes famous one liners from movies.

Oh! Just realized! It came to me in an instant but for those of you who don't know, if you picked the option "Smile..." when Rhys & Gort

• AugBot.

enter image description here

dojo32161 posted: »

• edited October 2015

Sooo there was a line back in ep 2, when Fiona tells about being resqued by loader bot in Hollow Point and the Stranger was like-"That doesn't sound right.Loader bots cant do that". It makes so much more sense now :D

• edited October 2015

I feel like I should mention this because I didnt realize until after I replayed.

When Kroger comes up with Vaughn and the Stranger says "He has a dept to pay" this makes alot more sense now knowing the Stranger was Loaderbot and that Kroger shot him up

• edited October 2015

That would've been an interesting lineup. Some of those sound like they were pretty low on the brainstorming list - 'Guy Fiona Stole From,' 'Biker Buddy,' 'Gary,' and so on. Maybe some of those characters were originally conceived of as having larger roles but it didn't pan out. I notice that most of them fall under the C-TEAM section. Maybe the game would've poked fun at them by having them be relatively unimportant in the final battle.

I think Shade is the only non-appearing character I would've otherwise expected to see as a potential team member (besides Yvette, but if she doesn't die on Helios she has a role as the person who fires the moonshot), depending on whether or not he was still alive in the playthrough, of course.

EDIT: It would be hilarious if Rudiger/Grease Face was an option though. I'd love for a cutscene of the characters going to Prosperity Junction, but instead of recruiting Athena they recruit Grease Face and Athena is left standing there, gobsmacked, as they walk away without her.

• Its honestly really funny if you dont say anything, Rhys just looks at jack and just says

"I got nothing."

And Jack is just like, "Wow."

Leluch123 posted: »

Badass Rhys

• Hey guys, remember this hilarious scene? It's the one where Rhys embellishes that he's a pro motivational speaker.

enter link description here

Turns out in Episode 5, he gets the job as motivational speaker for Gortys.

• The episode mentions that specifically... it isn't an uncommom suit, it's a suit meant to help survive on Pandora and the guy we see is just one of the employees that had the sense/time to grab one.

• Tector?

Are you trying to tell me we could have had our Tector Hodunk turret scene? Damn you Telltale, why you do this to us?

• He did say he liked robot stuff as a kid...

dojo32161 posted: »

• These title cards always show different scenes lmao, do people really think telltale rewrite EVERY one of their games

bocajbee posted: »

Guessing it was re-written.

• They actually confirmed a lot of the original plot changed.

Talimancer posted: »

These title cards always show different scenes lmao, do people really think telltale rewrite EVERY one of their games

• When Loader Bot tried to save Gortys, Kroger pointed at him with his gun. He said that his gun doesn't have the "stopping power" on Loader Bot. That explains why Kroger wasn't able to kill him.

• I noticed that when, uh, I said yes to ruling Hyperion with Jack and hesitated at the last minute, it said I rejected his proposal when the game showed me my choices for episode 4. So I liked that. I was deep in like with it. And then, I also noticed that even though I "rejected" him, episode 5 begins with my alliance with Jack. What? No, I rejected him, remember? That's what I did. He wasn't happy, I wasn't happy, ain't nobody was happy when I reached the end of episode 4.

I'm not pleased with having to go back to a previous episode to give Jack a definitive "no" from the very first, but I had to. The way it ended in episode 4 did not line up with how episode 5 began, and I had to go back and change the way it played out -which I was very pleased with - to make it line up correctly. I'm disappointed, Staff. You done messed it up.

• This might have been mentioned before, I haven't checked, but I just realised (at least I'm pretty sure) that the mask Vaughn is wearing when he returns in episode 5 is the same one that you choose as Fiona in episode 1 for the race. I might just be stupid to not have realised that sooner (because I've always chosen the cheapest one in my saves) , but yeah.

• enter image description here

Hbh128 posted: »

I noticed that when, uh, I said yes to ruling Hyperion with Jack and hesitated at the last minute, it said I rejected his proposal when the

• Why did Athena have a changed voice and her eyes red in Episode 2? This isn't explained in the other games or this one.

• Embellishing.

SullenRat64 posted: »

Why did Athena have a changed voice and her eyes red in Episode 2? This isn't explained in the other games or this one.

• Embellishing.

Why did Athena have a changed voice and her eyes red in Episode 2? This isn't explained in the other games or this one.

• See the previous answers.

• TL;DR: Staff, you dun goofed.

I noticed that when, uh, I said yes to ruling Hyperion with Jack and hesitated at the last minute, it said I rejected his proposal when the

• Exactly the same shit happened to me. I said yes to Jack just to give him a chance and see how things will go if I do so - and I didn't like what I saw, so I backed down, and I really liked it, it made my playthrough feel a bit special for me. I was really disappointed that I had to rewind and fix that.

• Embellishing.

• What are the original? Changed for what reasons?

Lewsblake23 posted: »

They actually confirmed a lot of the original plot changed.

• This isn't anything really special but:

enter image description hereenter image description here

enter image description hereenter image description here

Gortys loves her papa, Gortys loves her papa. Why she so cute? T.T kids, they grow up so fast.

• If you skip the credits, you will get.

(?)Telltale Games will remember that

• Embellishing.

• I need to hear that. That is so sweet. :D

Lilacsbloom posted: »

This isn't anything really special but: Gortys loves her papa, Gortys loves her papa. Why she so cute? T.T kids, they grow up so fast.

• Nah nah I think if you skipped less than all of the credits but still skipped credits you get (!) Seriously!? We're starting to take this personally now! (when you skip episode 5 creds anyways)

If you skip all credits it says "(!) You know what? You're going on our Wall of Shame."

If you skip the credits, you will get. (?)Telltale Games will remember that

• Yup, same exact thing happened to me. Really took the wind out of my sails 5 minutes into the finale. Then i had to replay the finger gun shootout and give Jack a definitive no.

Really pathetic considering it even logged my choice as "reject". It's really sad that TTG can't even make choices matter when amazing games like Until Dawn are coming out where little choices can affect the entire story. Telltale needs to step it up if they want to remain relevant.

• I remember hearing theres another one saying

(?) We're not mad, just disappointed.

bigdogg0821 posted: »

Nah nah I think if you skipped less than all of the credits but still skipped credits you get (!) Seriously!? We're starting to take this pe

• They never really confirmed the plot changed completely or anything. Helios wasn't originally going to crash, instead they were going to escape through the ship Rhys, Fiona and the Stranger are hiding out in the present. Cassius and Gortys were originally going to be in episode 2, but were moved back to 3 (although from the audio files I've heard they had different roles, Gortys was a depressed robot and Cassius seemed to have some kind of connection to the Gortys project).

What are the original? Changed for what reasons?

• Felix was going to be in the hyperion cells no matter what, even if he exploded, the explanation for it was that he used a flash bang and excaped

Well glad they didn't use that.

• now i want to replay just to do different skip credit combos xD

Poogers555 posted: »

I remember hearing theres another one saying (?) We're not mad, just disappointed.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.