Game of Thrones - Season 5 Trailers and stuff

13»

Comments

• I was really mad about them cutting the Greyjoy storyline out. People say that it's giving them more time to focus on Dorne's storyline... yet they go and cut Quentyn out.

Yes if they have to cut out the majority of the greyjoys and quenten fine (because lets face it most are dull and dont do all that much) but

• Well I think Quentyn is more part of Dany/Meereen storyline than Martell/Dorne. I'd say cutting Arianne is the weird thing but I guess they have their own plan for the story.

And I personally still have hope for Greyjoys in season 6.

I was really mad about them cutting the Greyjoy storyline out. People say that it's giving them more time to focus on Dorne's storyline... yet they go and cut Quentyn out.

• I have a theory about that, I think they did plan to cast Arianne but after season 4 they were blown away by the performance of the actress who played Ellaria and decided to give her the Arianne storyline.

Now, regarding the Griffs, the only thing that bothers me is that GRRM pretty much confirmed Dance of Dragons 2.0 and if they really did cut Young Griff it also means they cut the future war with Dany. I think that Dany will become sort of a villainin in the next book while Griff would be seen as the savior of Westeros.

And about the Greyjoys, aside from the fact the show viewers lost one of the best characters in the books, I think the Greyjoy storyline is important to the conclusion of the series and season 6 might just be a bit too late to introduce them.

Well I think Quentyn is more part of Dany/Meereen storyline than Martell/Dorne. I'd say cutting Arianne is the weird thing but I guess they have their own plan for the story. And I personally still have hope for Greyjoys in season 6.

• Yes, Indira Varma is indeed too good actress for just the role of Ellaria from the books.

Did GRRM say that DoD 2.0 would be between YG and Dany? Because it could be possible that it would be Jon vs. Dany. And what comes to villains and saviors... I think it will be as it have been so far in ASOIAF, someone's hero is other one's villain. In other words we will have POVs on both sides, having their motives and arguments on seeing that they are fighting for the right cause.

And Greyjoys... I agree that they will have big affect to endgame in the books but they won't be the most important player in the game or the "winner" of it. Why? Because even in the books they (meaning Euron and Victarion) were introduced too late for that. So I think there is a chance Euron will have a role in seasons 6&7 bringing whatever he has to offer to the story, but not being too big of a thing. And it wouldn't be introducing a whole new culture like they are doing with Dorne, just bringing a new character from a storyline introduced earlier. If they wont do Euron they surely will have to find some kind of conclusion for the Greyjoy storyline. Or will Balon just live happily ever after? :D

Upshaw posted: »

I have a theory about that, I think they did plan to cast Arianne but after season 4 they were blown away by the performance of the actress

• edited April 2015

Yeah what's with Balon still living the good life in Pyke? lol

Euron is not the only character I wish they'd cast, I also would really like to see Aurane Waters but I know that's not going to happen(and if we're on the subject of things that would never happen, I bet we're not going to hear 'Stannis the king who cared' any time soon).

Now with Dany the villian, what I meant by "villian" is not Dany the Green Goblin obviously...But I do think that when she'll hear about all that stuff that happened with the Griff she'll probably reject him and see him as a pretender, she'll also start her descent into madness like her old man(and the reason I'm not going into details is because I don't want to put spoilers tags here). I truly hope the lords of Westeros will rally their banners to Griff while Dany will get nothing(GRRM please reveal that she's really a Blackfyre!)

Oh, and I forgot to mention that they did foreshadowed a Jon Vs Dany in the House of the undying with the "snow" on the throne.

Yes, Indira Varma is indeed too good actress for just the role of Ellaria from the books. Did GRRM say that DoD 2.0 would be between YG a

• Regarding Dance of the Dragons 2.0 I feel like Tyrion is being set up as Criston Cole 2.0. I cant help but feel that Tyrion's one black eye/one green eye must be significant since the original Dance of the Dragons was fought between the greens and the blacks. So fAegon=Green, Dany=Black? Weve already seen Tyrion Kingmaking on fAegon's side, and presumably he'll play similar games with Dany. I think (like you say) YG will sit the Iron throne for a short while, but both him and Dany will die during Dance 2.0

Myself I don't find the griffs that interesting as characters (I know many do and that's okay), but what I do like about them is that they b

• Kai mä oon sit se seitsemäs :-D

Jumankekka näyttää hyvältä! Holy shit, looks incredible! Also, Tyrion has become the Rick Grimes of the show

• http://www.gosanangelo.com/entertainment/television/this-season-of-game-of-thrones-throws-the-books-out-the-window_27704224

I found this article a bit interesting if anyone wants something to read. Might be a little spoiley though.

• edited April 2015

This was a good read. I'm happy to know they are giving Kevan some good lines and keeping his disagreements with Cersei.

There have actually been quite many reviews claiming that ep. 1-4 are good and that the show is benefitting from the departure from the books. I make my own judgement after seeing of course, but it's still good to hear that we still seem to be having entertaining TV, which is the most important thing :)

http://www.gosanangelo.com/entertainment/television/this-season-of-game-of-thrones-throws-the-books-out-the-window_27704224 I found this article a bit interesting if anyone wants something to read. Might be a little spoiley though.

• Mistä meitä oikein sikiää. :)

finlander posted: »

Kai mä oon sit se seitsemäs :-D

• The thing I'm curious about is if the Telltale game will enter into Season 5 territory or will it be strictly contained to Season 4?

• IIRC this season of the game is supposed to end just before the s5 territory.

Burnouts3s3 posted: »

The thing I'm curious about is if the Telltale game will enter into Season 5 territory or will it be strictly contained to Season 4?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.