Do you trust the following characters?

I never trust anyone at first in this game. I'm too paranoid. However I've grown to trust some and am still wary about a few others. So on a scale of one to ten, rate how much you trust some of these sketchy characters: Sera, Tom, that guy at Joffrey's wedding, Gwyn, Duncan, Royland, Lady Forrester, the maester, Finn and Cotter. At first I suspected Tom the coal boy and Sera worked for Varys, now they're either "allies" or just excellent spies.

Comments

• Sera: 4
    Tom: 5
    Morgryn: 3
    Gwyn: 8
    Duncan: 7
    Royland: 9
    Lady F: 6
    Ortengryn: 5
    Finn: 5
    Cotter: 3

• Sera: 2 Tom: 5 Morgryn: 1 Gwyn: 5 Duncan: 6 Royland: 5 Lady Forrester: 4 Orgengryn: 4 Finn: 8 Cotter: 2

i don't trust anyone very much, except for finn (he seems like too much of an idiot to really be involved in betrayal and all that, i'm liking finn a lot more than cotter)

• Good answers. Am I the only one who mistrusts Royland? He seems destructive, reckless and wasn't there to protect Ethan. I would say my answers are these: Sera: 6, Tom: 8, Morgyn: 5, Gwyn: 7, Duncan: 6, Royland: 4, Lady F: 7, Ortengryn: 5, Cotter: 6, Finn: 5

Sera: 4 Tom: 5 Morgryn: 3 Gwyn: 8 Duncan: 7 Royland: 9 Lady F: 6 Ortengryn: 5 Finn: 5 Cotter: 3

• edited April 2015
    • Sera: 5. Her loyalty could go either way.
    • Tom: 9. He seems pretty devoted to helping us, no matter his intentions
    • Lord Morgryn: 7. He's in it for the money. If I could provide that, it might be a great alliance.
    • Gwyn: 8. She has been very helpful so far, staying neutral and giving us advice. I trust her as much as anyone can trust a Whitehill
    • Duncan: 8. Interestingly he's my Sentinel and I also think he's the traitor, but I believe his intentions are good
    • Royland: 8. I think he's rash, but he also seems to have good intentions
    • Lady Forrester: 7. I love her but she seems to be slipping
    • Ortengryn: 7. He hasn't given me a reason not to trust him, and he did save Rodrik's life/ Gared's leg
    • Finn: 6. Same with Sera. Though, I seem to be his only friend, so that might help.
    • Cotter: 4. I don't trust him but I'm still his friend. I want his help to find the North Grove.
  • edited April 2015
    • Sera: 5. I really can't decide with her, so I'll place her firmly in the middle.
    • Tom: 6. Obviously up to something, but he wants to keep Mira alive, so he's worth trusting somewhat, at least.
    • Morgryn: 4. Maybe he's legit. But something tells me he's not. Too smooth.
    • Gwyn: 6. I'm wary, but I think he drive for peace might be an honest one.
    • Duncan: 7. I'm suspicious, but it would still surprise me if he ended up being the traitor.
    • Royland: 9.5. He's solid. He's willing to take on the entire Whitehill garrison for you. Betrayal is not his style.
    • Lady Forrester: 8. She's seems prone to bad decisions, but I doubt she'd ever intentionally harm the family.
    • Maester: 5. Fishy. Seems too obvious though.
    • Finn: 6. Don't think he's an entirely bad guy. I'd trust him more than Cotter at least.
    • Cotter: 5. No way he doesn't have an angle here.
  • Well in terms of Duncan vs Royland

Royland 10: I really trust him

Duncan: 9 I really dont think he is a traitor, but I almost feel like Lord Forester knew that the North Grove could be a trap for whilehills and he already knew Duncan was a traitor, which is why he wanted Garred to only tell him.

• Sub Discussion, does Duncan helping Gared with the North Grove make him more or less likely to be the traitor?

• edited April 2015

Sera: -2

Tom: 7.5

Lord Morgryn: 5

Gwyn: 6.5

Duncan: 9.5

Royland: 8

Lady Forrester: 7

Ortengryn: 6

Finn: 3

Cotter: 7

• In a weird way I think it makes him more likely. My theory is that Duncan is the traitor, but with good intentions, telling the Whitehills about their immediate plans so that House Forrester can't act or do anything to endanger themselves until Gared can help with the North Grove. Of course that could be completely wrong but it's just a theory.

Sub Discussion, does Duncan helping Gared with the North Grove make him more or less likely to be the traitor?

• InGen_Nate_KennyInGen_Nate_Kenny Moderator
    edited April 2015

Sera: 8

Tom: 0

Lord Morgryn: 6

Gwyn: 0

Duncan: 8.2

Royland: 10

Lady Forrester: 1

Ortengryn: 7

Finn: 10

Cotter: 10

• Sera: 3 - I like her but I don't trust her

Tom: 0 - I hate that I have to work with him, as I really don't like or trust him

Morgryn: 2 - He hasn't done anything to be considered untrustworthy, but he also hasn't done anything to gain my trust, better to be cautious

Gwyn: 1 - I don't trust her because all she talks about is peace and helping me, so that is kind of suspicious IMO

Duncan: 5 - I don't think he is a traitor but he is very suspicious

Royland: 10 - I can honestly say that I have absolute trust in Royland, I would find it very hard to believe he would betray me

Lady Forrester: 6 - I don't trust or distrust her

Ortengryn: 1 - Very shady indeed, I would be surprised if he was not a traitor

Finn: 7 - I trust him well enough, he doesn't seem like the kind of person to betray a friend

Cotter: 2 - Ironically I don't trust him because he's too friendly and honest, he has to be up to something

• Sera: 4

Tom: 7

Lord Morgryn: 2.3

Gwyn: 7

Duncan: 8.2

Royland: 9.9

Lady Forrester: 4.5

Ortengryn: .5

Finn: 8

Cotter: 7.5

• edited April 2015

Sera: 6

The last episode raised her points a little for me, she seems to be just a silly girl and a real friend for Mira. Then again she does have some alarming qualities like the need to improve her status, and that might lead her to do something against Mira. Mostly I fear that Cersei will use her to spy over Mira.

Tom: 6

I think it's quite clear Tom wants to keep Mira alive, or rather he is working for someone who wants to keep Mira alive. In that way I do trust him, but then again why isn't he telling Mira why exactly is he protecting her? Whoever wants to keep Mira alive has some kind of agenda for it and if he/she would tell Tom to kill Mira, Tom would probably do it. So in that way you can't put too much trust in him.

Lord Morgryn: 5

It seems like his interest is purely in money and that he is honestly interested in alliance with Mira. Then again, we know hardly anything of him, he could be working for Ludd for all we know. Can't trust a stranger too much.

I believe what she says about wanting to have peace between Forresters and Whitehills. She seems like an honest person and she did love Asher once. The reason why her points aren't 10 is that I believe she would ultimately choose loyalty to her own house over helping Rodrik or Asher or any other Forrester.

Duncan: 8

Gregor trusted him, and I can't see a motive for him being a traitor. The only thing off about him is using Gared (without caring about it being a death sentence to Gared) to find the North Grove and not even telling about it to Rodrik... Makes me feel like he wants Gared to find NG so he could use it himself... for something?

Royland: 9

Royland is straight-forward guy, not into scheming. He really seems to care about Forresters and fights for the bitter end for them if he has to. Only thing I don't trust about him is his judgement - he might make a stupid move causing bad things to happen.

Lady Forrester: 7

In a way I do trust her with 100%. I trust that she loves her family, that she hates the Whitehills just as much as we all do, that she is not plotting against us and siding with Ludd. But I fear that she could be making her own moves behind Rodrik's back believing that she is acting for the best of the family. Anyway, she is a ticking bomb.

Ortengryn: 6

Never trust a maester. I think he could be the traitor... He has been the shortest time with the Forresters, and it could be that he would like to serve a stronger house. Then again, it could be that he is just what he seems to be: a little awkward, innocent pal.

Finn: 7

Well, I don't trust him to be someone who keeps Gared's little secret of killing Britt, but then again why would he? They haven't known each other that long and for what he knows Gared just killed a random guy. But I do trust that he isn't in any way plotting against Gared - to murder him or anything like that.

Cotter: 4

He has some kind of hidden agenda related to NG, he is a thief and he is a wildling - wildlings tend to hate crows. In other words I can already see him betraying Gared.

• Well answered!

Sera: 6 The last episode raised her points a little for me, she seems to be just a silly girl and a real friend for Mira. Then again she

• "Yes" said Ned

• Sera: 4 - I think she'll have no problem stabbing me in the back to look better in Marge's eyes.

Tom: 8 - I think he's pretty trustworthy for now, he hasn't given me a reason to think otherwise. But mainly to the fact it's King's Landing I'm not gonna be 100% comfortable with him

Whitehill Merchant: 6 - He could possibly give us the coin we need, yet he does work for the Whitehills. That's a red flag in itself

Gwyn: 8 - She just wants peace, I don't think there's any reason to distrust her.

Duncan: 9 - He's just wanted to help from the start.

Royland: 10 - One of the only people I trust completely. I can't imagine him trying to hurt House Forrester in any way

Lady Forrester: 7 - She's my top suspect for the traitor, I have a feeling she'll do whatever it is to keep her children safe. But I still do trust her somewhat

The Maester: 6 - He's shown no clear loyalty to Ironrath unlike everyone else. I wouldn't be surprised if he was the traitor

Finn: 7 - He's an asshole so I just don't like him, but I figure if you do befriend him he's a trustworthy ally.

Cotter: 8 - I'm trusting him this much because I need him probably as much as he needs me. I still think there's a good chance he'll backstab Gared at some point

• edited April 2015

After Cotter said to me something about having his own reasons for helping us to get to North Grove, I stopped trusting him. I only trust the Forrester family members and Gwyn.

• I think the people you trust the most in this game are the ones that betray you in the end.
    The same way Robb trusted Theon and was utterly betrayed by him in the end.

• Well Robb was probably the only one who trusted him.

MsDanceALot posted: »

I think the people you trust the most in this game are the ones that betray you in the end. The same way Robb trusted Theon and was utterly betrayed by him in the end.

• They grew up together and thought he knew him.

Well Robb was probably the only one who trusted him.

• Yes I know that, but pretty much everyone else could see the alarming things about sending Theon to his father: It was practically giving up the guarantee for Balon's behavior, and also it was clear Theon must have had mixed feelings about who to be loyal to and who his family really was. For Robb Theon was a friend he grew up with, but everyone around him (Cat for example) saw Theon as a guarantee for the peace with Greyjoys and in the end that was really what he was.

MsDanceALot posted: »

They grew up together and thought he knew him.

• Sera-6 Purely because she has told Mira a secret that can ruin her if she does anything against Mira. However I do feel that if it was between Margery choosing one of us, I think she might go to desperate measures.

Tom-8 Even though he has got secrets. The fact that he kept Mira alive and risked his own life for the decree makes me trust him.

Morgryn-6 As long as he can get money, he will go to whichever side offers the most. However, I do believe that he can make a valuable ally.

Gwyn-7 She seems to only be after peace and she has known the Forresters since she was a child. She also fell in love with Asher so she just might want to put those things behind her so if any Forrester or Whitehill falls in love with each other it won't end badly.

Lady Forrester-8 Even though she seems devoted to their house, I do believe that she would be capable of anything if it came towards her children. So it could be the Whitehills pressuring her with Ryon or not.

Duncan-8 Yet again he seems devoted to house Forrester but it could be a ploy. To be honest I don't trust anyone completely because anyone is capable of anything if you find the right measures.

Royland-8 He seems to be an honourable and respectable man but he can get carried away and the same points as before.

Maester-7 I took any opportunity I had to talk to the characters and Maester seems quite honest when he came to discussing how he ended up at Ironrath. I feel that it would be too obvious if the Maester was the traitor because telltale do have a history of making you think incorrectly so I just don't know.

Finn-6 He was an asshole but he did have rather good reason to be and after I found about him being scared I just felt that I was approaching the situation beforehand rather badly, but I don't regret any of it. Obviously he will run to Frostfinger to tell of what he witnessed Gared doing, so you won't be able to trust him there. But he would have made a great ally and brother.

Cotter-5 I'm indifferent with him, probably due to the fact that he steals and is a Wildling. However, if Gared still says he'll be friends with him then he seems rather cheerful. However, I won't know until we're beyond the wall.

(My problem is that I don't completely trust anyone but, I will give them the benefit of the doubt).

• As far as "trusting" goes, there's two types. Trusting their overall skills and trusting their overall loyalty. I'll assign these points based on loyalty, because otherwise I don't trust Cotter's intellect or Royland's impulsiveness for example. :p

Sera: 6

Sure she does ask us for help regarding. However to her benefit she does also help us even if we didn't help her. Regarding easy to do stuff I think she'll stay on our side even if we're a jerk to her. The reason it's only a 6 though is because she doesn't have much reason(other than being Mira's friend) to help us in a tough and difficult decision or something.

Tom: 8

Tom seems to be there for the ride whether he likes it or not. Not only did he protect us and risk his life. But even if we leave him for dead or act like jerks to him he continues to help us and does something dangerous again. He's not just hired, he's doing his job as if Mira and the Forester's survival is directly proportional to his and his employer's survival.

Morgryn: 4

He doesn't want to help us for us, he's doing it for personal benefit that would come out of mutual benefit even if it means making things harder on his house. And if he'd sell out his own house for his benefit, what's to stop him from selling us out should a situation as such arises? He lots of power and smarts, but at this point he has less reason to help us than Sera does.

Gwyn: 7

She's made two things perfectly clear, she objects to her father's actions and fears that we'll die if we confront house whitehill in war. So if she'd choose between her father conquering and us surviving she'd choose the later, she's done that already by telling us about the spy. But if it so happens that she ends up having to choose between her father dying and us dying. I believe she'd choose the former this time and stop helping us because....well, it's her father, she wouldn't let him die unless she's a rare holy angel of justice or something.

Lady Forester: 10

During some times lady forester may act paranoid and choose her children's safety even in times it endangers house Forester. However I think that is most likely, if not certainly just the panicky actions of a panicked mother. Lady Forester has zero reason to turn traitor against her own son Rodrik. Who is the player character at Ironwrath, Lady Forester won't betray us.

Duncan: 10

Unlike Lady Forester, Duncan might not have as incredibly strong reason to not betray us, more so if you don't choose him as sentinel. So why is he a 10 though? Because he's clearly shown how much he wants to push for House Forester's victory. So much that he'd risk his own nephew's life in a dangerous mission of finding the north grove which includes deserting his post at the north wall. And this can't be a trick from him to gain Forester trust or fool them considering how he's keeping it a secret from everyone but Gared.

Three 10s in a row. I wouldn't survive long in the world of game of thrones would I? Well, the reason Royland gets a 10 is because he's clearly shown that he'd lay down his life for house Forester even if it means taking his 5 men into battle with him against 500 whitehills. Indeed stupid and suicidal, as is drawing his sword and attacking(if we command him) Gryff. However as I said before this 10 her isn't a measure of how much I trust his judgement. It's a measure of how much I trust that he won't turn tail during hard times. Let alone turn traitor.

Maester: 7

Now to his benefit he did help with Rodrik's recovery and continues to give good sound advice. However I fear he might be the spy as by process of elimination, I don't really believe anyone else in the council to have reason to leak our info and plans. That and he has yet to give a show of through the thick and thin amount of loyalty as opposed to Duncan and Royland

Finn: 6

Finn has with Gared exactly the same status Mira has with Sera, friend. Therefore just as much I believe he'll help us normally out of kindness however through the thick and thin he might not stay strong with us. He might also stay strong with us which is why it isn't lower than 6.

Cotter: 6

His kleptomania aside, Cotter's status with Gared is the same as Finn, maybe even slightly higher considering how he trusted us with his secret. The reason it isn't higher than 6 is because he doesn't have much reason to stay and help us through the thick and thin either. Another newly introduced character who I'd rather reserve judgement on.

Yes WildlingKing, I stole your exact format to make my post look more attractive. :p

• Sera:6
    I think she's being genuine when she calls Mira a friend. However, she thinks her desire to get a husband is more important than Mira's family being on the brink of ruin. She doesn't even try to hide the fact she envied you for being Margaery's favourite.

Tom: 9
    His master clearly has use for Mira and the Forresters or else he wouldn't go to great lengths to contact her and ensure her safety. Also, they're both murderers and need to protect each other in order to ensure their own safety.

Gwyn:3
    She seems to be sympathetic towards the Forrester's wellbeing but she's still a Whitehill. I feel if she was truly trustworthy, then she would do more to help the Forrester cause. Also, we have no evidence to suggest she dislikes her family or would be willing to turn on them.

Lady Forrester:2
    Well I think she's the traitor. I don't expect her to intentionally cause physical harm to any of her children but I do think she's leaking information in exchange for Ryon's confirmed safety. She's lost a husband and a son within the space of a few weeks, that trauma combined with her (I'm assuming) lack of faith in her children's ability to save Ryon is a strong enough motive to leak information. (it makes sense to me anyway.)

Duncan:8
    He seems to be a bit shady and submissive but Lord Forrester entrusted only him with the knowledge of the North Grove. That has to count for something in terms of Loyalty. Also, he owes the Forrester's for taking him out of his peasantry life and making him Castilian.

Royland:10
    The man I trust the most. One of Royland's most obvious character traits is that he wears his heart on his sleeve and isn't afraid to show his true emotions. People like that find it hard to be deceptive since its not in their nature. Also, time and time again he's advocated violence against the Whitehill's and often voices his hatred of them.

Maester:5
    He'll do his job as he's told but he owes no loyalty to house Forrester. I can't imagine what he'd gain from betraying them apart from relocation.

Finn:8
    Same as Royland, he's very upfront with his emotions. I think he'll be loyal due to the fact Garred is his only friend.

Cotter:2
    a thief who owes loyalty to the Nights watch hating wildlings? Yeah this guy is probably going to stab us in the back and take the North Grove for the wildlings.

• Sera: 6

I didn't trust Sera much (it is King's Landing) but she proved to be quite friendly once our positions were reversed, so I don't think she's got much sinister going on. But would I trust her with my life? Well it's King's Landing

Tom is up to something. Nobody is that helpful without an ulterior motive, and I doubt it's to the benefit of House Forrester. At least he's useful.

Morgryn: 5

I trust Morgryn to be himself. He seems purely motivated by profit, and as long as I expect that out of him, he's safe to deal with for that reason. Would I trust him with my life? Not in this city...

Gwyn: 3

That girl is sympathetic and wants peace (which is good) but not at all on our side. I don't trust her.

Lady Forester: 3

I could be wrong but I'm convinced she's the traitor, Lady Stark style. She cares about the family, not the house. So I do not feel she can be trusted.

Duncan: 9

Duncan would be able to screw us over way more than he has if he were traitor. I admit it is possible, but he seems to genuinely want what's best for us.

I ordered this guy to kill the men in my house, and he tried without hesitation. There isn't a character on this list I trust more, which says a lot. Man if Royland turns traitor it would be such a good plot twist, but probably wouldn't make sense...

Maester: 4

Maesters are tricky. For every Aegon there's a Pycelle out there, and they may have more of an influence on Westeros than the lords realize. As a status symbol, they are in every house, and they seem to play some role in keeping magic (and potentially dragons) out of the continent. So I don't place a lot of faith in this dude, even if I'm not sure he's the traitor. He'd just as soon serve the Whitehills if they officially took over.

Finn: 2

I'm pretty sure he wants to kill me.

Cotter: 1

It's not that he's a thief (although he has been given plenty of chances to not be a dick about that). There's no way I trust this guy with the North Grove. I have no idea what that Grove is, but the Wildlings might, and I have no means of knowing whether or not they want access to it. I don't know where Cotter's loyalties lie but I doubt they are with me.

So yeah, I trust like two people. This is Game of Thrones, after all.

• Sera: 2 She seems very suspicious.

Tom: 9 He's saved my life before, and he's helped me get into to Tyrions office, if he wanted me dead or wouldn't like me, I would know it by now.

Lord Morgryn: 1 He works for the Whitehills.

Gwyn: 6 She was right about the whole traitor thing, where else would she get the information? But before I REALLY trust her, we need to talk to her more.

Duncan: 9 It's clear he cares about house forrester.

Royland: 8 I trust him almost as much as Duncan, the only reason why I put him at an 8 is because he gets angry too easily.

Lady Forrester: 5 I don't know what to make of her.

Ortengryn: 3 I don't know if he's the traitor, but either way, I don't trust him much.

Finn: 7 He seemed like a douche at first, but I reckon he's pretty trustworthy

Cotter: 10 He'll be too busy fucking potatoes to care about betraying me.

• Sera: 2

Morgryn: 4

Duncan: 8

Lady Forrester: 5

Ortengryn: 5

Finn: 7

Cotter: 3

• Sera: 7 We can easily backstab her if she backstabs us, remember that.

Tom: 9 He definitely cares for me, so I can trust him a lot. Also saving me and helping me.

Lord Morgryn: 1 I ended up making him say what he shouldn't, and therefore I don't trust him.

Gwyn: 6 She'll do anything for Asher in the end, and we know there is a traitor in our midst thanks to her.

Duncan: 8 I trust him that he wants to help and he is quite cautious.

Royland: 6 He's too aggressive for his own good.

Lady Forrester: 5 She changes her mind far too often.

Ortengryn: 4 Too suspicious for my liking.

Finn: 5 He has quite a temper but he can be friendly.

Cotter: 7 I trust him to lead me to the Grove. but he can be a bit suspicious.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.