Why I think Ser Royland is the traitor...

His goal is to "answer with the sword" it's like ... well... obvious that he wants war , and he's pushing it over the limits that will lead you (if you always side with him) to a really bad situation at the end. He knows house Forrester is weak , but still he wants to fight (That's in the start of episode 1). Unlike Duncan (suspicious for most people) likes to find a better way to handle things like we all know . Although you see Royland being loyal to you in every "bad situation". Like attacking Gryph's men just to not let himself be suspicious.(IMO)

I know... I know he's the most trusted person for most of you but that's an obvious and personal opinion.

(This is just for the record)

And thx

And plz don't say the mother is the traitor because ... I mean come on you guys why would you even think of that XD

Comments

• He's not the traitor, he to loyal to the house to be the traitor.

Duncan on the other hand seems far more likely, since he basically wants them to surrender House Forrester to their life long enemies.

• edited April 2015

Asher and mira are trying to find help but Royland isn't thinking it through ... it's like no matter what happens , even if they don't get help Royland will stay on his same opinion which is the fight. that's the problem right there.

BullseyeRey posted: »

He's not the traitor, he to loyal to the house to be the traitor. Duncan on the other hand seems far more likely, since he basically wants them to surrender House Forrester to their life long enemies.

• He seems too straightforward to be the traitor in my opinion. The other three council members seem a lot more likely to go behind peoples backs to start a war while Royland would just state his intentions out in the open; he's not afraid to make his feelings known.

• Srsly, you think Lady Forrester is the least likely traitor?

• He's not the traitor. He can risk his life for you if you ask him to. He'll literally fight the enemy whilst Rodrik is down. He's loyal to House Forrester. He has ZERO reason to go against them.

• I have a feeling that you're trolling but I'll respond seriously anyway. As someone previously stated, Royland is the most straightforward person and isn't afraid to tell you how he feels. I'd go as far as to say he couldn't be deceptive, even if he tried.

• I'm actually sure that Lady Forrester is the one undermining the family, but, it's not important.

I don't think that she is the only one. It always really bugged me that Royland kept demanding that we act with force, 'answer with the justice of a blade' and all that. We can ask him, as Ethan, what the state of our defenses are. He isn't exactly encouraging in his reply. But still, he recommends acting with force. Why, when we clearly do not have the means to succeed right now? Better to bide our time and wait for an opportunity, and an advantage. Then strike.

Even after Rodrick comes back, and Ironrath is infested with Whitehills already. The House could arguably be said to be at its lowest point Ever in it's history, yet Royland still recommends the path of violence. He is supposed to be a commander, has been to battle... Of course we all want to fight back against the degradation of House Forrester! How not? but right now we don't have the men to overthrow the White Hills, it's pretty clear.

I just get the feeling that things at Ironrath are meant to be more about surviving the occupation without losing more family members, and maintaining as much dignity and 'grace under fire' as possible. Whereas the other characters seem to be meant to take the big actions to keep the house alive, to save their land, their forests and the smallfolk.

Rodrick and the rest at Ironrath just need to buy them time. And wait for things to get in place, then act with an Iron Wrath.

• I think that Royland's 'answer with violence' is intended to be the devil on Rodrik's/Ethan's shoulder. All the POV characters get two characters who pull them one way or the other and force them to make choices (Rodrik = Duncan/Royland, Gared = Finn/Cotter, Mira = Tom/Sera, Asher = Beskha/Malcolm). Those characters are supposed to make decision-making harder for the player and encourage them to take certain paths, and Royland is supposed to beat his chest to encourage the player to take more violent actions while Duncan encourages patience and submission.

That's about as far as I think his hot-headed personality is supposed to go as opposed to undermining the house, but it's worth noting regardless.

Arya_Stupid posted: »

I'm actually sure that Lady Forrester is the one undermining the family, but, it's not important. I don't think that she is the only one.

• If the council voted on who should leave they would ultimately choose Royland. The best way of figuring out who the traitor is would be to arrange council meetings only between 2 members in a way that they each hear 2 plans, than we would ask Gwyn of any new news. There are 3 suspicious people... the Maester, Royland, and Lady Forrester. The Maester looks very suspicious at the outdoor council. Royland wants to fight irrationally which is not like him based on the codex aka his own history. Lady Forrester wanting to know everything does make her suspicious.

• I doubt it's Royland, but at the same time wouldn't be shocked if it was. Hell, even if it was Duncan I wouldn't be shocked (and I am of the Duncan is trustworthy goddammit club).

• I can see that now that i think on it. Still feels a bit forced to me though, with the player already in the know about how weak we actually are.

JakeSt123 posted: »

I think that Royland's 'answer with violence' is intended to be the devil on Rodrik's/Ethan's shoulder. All the POV characters get two chara

• Yes, we need to figure it out ASAP. We should do like Tyrion when he was shopping Myrcella around, and be tricksy.

LukaszB posted: »

If the council voted on who should leave they would ultimately choose Royland. The best way of figuring out who the traitor is would be to a

• Royland looks like a Whitehall so it is a possibility.

• No. Royland is loyal. He's just warmonger, like that general from Mars Attacks! movie. Wants to fight and nuke everything because it's in his nature, not because he's a traitor.

• I don't think he's a traitor. He's loyal to the core. I ordered him to attack the whitehill men, and knowing full well that he was outnumbered, he attacked anyway. That's pure loyalty right there.

• Who was he loyal to before the Forrester s? Just wondering.

• Royland seems too loyal to betray the Forresters. If Duncan was the traitor, then that would be stupid. I mean, why would he tell Gared about where the North Grove was if he was the traitor? Ortengryn seems too little of a character to become a traitor.

The only people that I see that could become the traitor are: Talia and Lady Forrester.

• Well she does say that she wants Whitehill babies to be killed, so I don't really see her making a secret deal with them really.

ranger563 posted: »

Srsly, you think Lady Forrester is the least likely traitor?

• Sorry, the oldest person of the family and the mother of its Lord wanting to know whats going on, when one of her sons is being held by the enemy, is suspicious?!

If the council voted on who should leave they would ultimately choose Royland. The best way of figuring out who the traitor is would be to a

• And she doesn't hide the fact that she doesn't trust Gwyn. That's very suspicious considering Asher was in love with Gwyn.

Flog61 posted: »

Sorry, the oldest person of the family and the mother of its Lord wanting to know whats going on, when one of her sons is being held by the enemy, is suspicious?!

• Talia's not on the council.

jabbah14 posted: »

Royland seems too loyal to betray the Forresters. If Duncan was the traitor, then that would be stupid. I mean, why would he tell Gared abou

• Just because she's feeding them secrets doesn't mean she has to enjoy doing it.

Well she does say that she wants Whitehill babies to be killed, so I don't really see her making a secret deal with them really.

• Did you read his codex entry? I doubt it considering your comment.

Omid's cat posted: »

No. Royland is loyal. He's just warmonger, like that general from Mars Attacks! movie. Wants to fight and nuke everything because it's in his nature, not because he's a traitor.

• Then she wouldn't be called a 'traitor' by Gwyn.

Being blackmailed into giving other people things is not betrayal.

ranger563 posted: »

Just because she's feeding them secrets doesn't mean she has to enjoy doing it.

• Betrayal is betrayal, regardless of your motivation behind it.

Then she wouldn't be called a 'traitor' by Gwyn. Being blackmailed into giving other people things is not betrayal.

• I agree that she's not the traitor, even though she acts suspiciously at times. The Maester acts 100 times more suspiciously than Lady Forrester. And Royland is acting in the exact opposite way of his codex entry.

Then she wouldn't be called a 'traitor' by Gwyn. Being blackmailed into giving other people things is not betrayal.

• Codex schmodex. I played the game. Ser Royland is republican in GoT.

Did you read his codex entry? I doubt it considering your comment.

• Lol. Have you ever met a crazy mother who Liked her son's choice of girlfriend? Especially when their 'involvement' almost brought their Houses to open war?

And she doesn't hide the fact that she doesn't trust Gwyn. That's very suspicious considering Asher was in love with Gwyn.

• And when was that? When Asher was 17. That was the worst decision the family made if you think about it.

Lol. Have you ever met a crazy mother who Liked her son's choice of girlfriend? Especially when their 'involvement' almost brought their Houses to open war?

• edited April 2015

Like stated before, I think Royland is the least likely option. He's loyal to the core for House Forrester and Ironrath, I just can't see it.

And plz don't say the mother is the traitor because ... I mean come on you guys why would you even think of that XD

Because, a good mother would do anything for her child. If Lady Forrester believes feeding the Whitehills info will keep Ryon safe, I can easily see her being the traitor

• edited April 2015

I remember hearing he was part of a House in the Iron Islands, but I have no idea. Check his Codex, it should be there

sunfell posted: »

Who was he loyal to before the Forrester s? Just wondering.

• He is also the last surviving member of house degore. He likely does not want to witness another house falling. He played a crucial role in the siege of pyke (so he will loath house Greyjoy) which resulted him gaining knighthood by king Robert, so he might be sympathetic to the lannister? Who knows...

• Oh, i agree with all of your above conclusions about the suspiciousness of all 3 characters. These 3 are my most likely suspects as well, and i also suspect that they may be working Together in some respects.

Its just that i don't think that Lady Forresters dislike of Gwynn is suspicious in and of itself. Her conversation at the beginning of episode 1, where she and the Maester are pointedly questioning Gared about what Lord Forrester may or may not have said, is much more suspicious to me.

And when was that? When Asher was 17. That was the worst decision the family made if you think about it.

• True that is a lot more suspicious. Lady Forrester loses almost all suspicions if Rodrik chooses to save Ryon, and if Rodrik's marriage is secured. That means it's more likely to be either the Maester or Royland.

Oh, i agree with all of your above conclusions about the suspiciousness of all 3 characters. These 3 are my most likely suspects as well, an

• Both Sentinels are way too loyal to house Forrester. Royland's trying to fight for the house and Duncan's trying to help Gared save the house.

• I'm kind of ashamed to say i have never tried to save Ryon, or have him come to the funeral. Maybe she's just not impressed with me and my leadership?

Oh my god, am I the reason House Forrester is failing?! Aaaagh! Now I'm questioning my entire existence........

True that is a lot more suspicious. Lady Forrester loses almost all suspicions if Rodrik chooses to save Ryon, and if Rodrik's marriage is secured. That means it's more likely to be either the Maester or Royland.

• Actually you are doing the right thing. This way you will be able to save Ryon, and if you sealed the engagement Ryon would go to your allies.

I'm kind of ashamed to say i have never tried to save Ryon, or have him come to the funeral. Maybe she's just not impressed with me and my l

• then I guess that makes Duncan Tuttle a democrat in GoT.

Omid's cat posted: »

Codex schmodex. I played the game. Ser Royland is republican in GoT.

• I did manage the engagement to the Glenmore girl at least. Hopefully that counts for something :)

Actually you are doing the right thing. This way you will be able to save Ryon, and if you sealed the engagement Ryon would go to your allies.

• Ryon Forrester is the traitor.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.