The Maester, Duncan or Royland?

124»

Comments

• edited April 2015

Two things are strange about Duncan:

• He gives away ironwood shields to the Night's watch - "to keep you all out of harm's way" - lol, nice one, Duncan, how about keeping the Forresters and their men out of harm's way? I mean it's not like we already double and triple sold all of our Ironwood to keep our heads above the water. Also, shouldn't your lord know about this delivery beforehand? Also, shouldn't you as a sentinel, be at Ironrath where shit is to hit the fan any minute now and instead send some farmer boy to give Gared the map?
    • Isn't it about time to tell Rodrik about the North Grove? After all, he's to decide ultimately what to do with it. And no, the fact that Lord Forrester wanted Gared to only tell his uncle about his last words is not a reason for keeping it a secret from Rodrik. After all, he thought Rodrik was dead, plus he gave his children these keychains for a reason.

I don't really think he wants to harm anyone, but he's a bit of a secretmonger.

• Well here is my theorie:

I trust Gwyn is trying to help us and she mentioned that Lord Whitehill is trying to provoke us into attacking so he can start a war. And from my observations who is the only person in the small council to try and start a fight every chance he gets? That would be (Sentinel) Royland. When you think about it this is a great theorie. I also believe that it could be Lady Forrester trying to save Ryon somehow but after thinking things trough I'm going to go with Royland.

Maester - 8%
    Royland - 65%
    Duncan - 2%
    Lady Forrester - 25%

• Uh...no. First of all, Duncan sent him to the Wall because it'll be much easier to sneak across from Castle Black than anywhere else. And secondly, it can't be Talia. Because a) it's completely ridiculous and b) she's not on the Small Council, Gwyn said the traitor was on the council

Your gonna be like damn i was right when talia or duncan is the traitor lol

• Okay my turn.

1. Maester Ortengryn
    2. Ser Royland
    3. Lady Forrester
    4. Duncan Tuttle
  • Duncan is very weird. He seems to know everything including about Mira and ascher even if he is not sentinel. His visits to the wall to deliver iron shields and to make ahead a ranger as well as setting up meeting with Gwen. He's everywhere at the right time and knows everything.
    It is almost like he has the greensight. It'd be kind of awesome if telltale had a character that could use it. Duncan seems too organised to me. Either that or he is the spy. A spy with greensight could be very dangerous. If the Forrester clan are linked to the north grove I wouldn't be shocked if someone had greensight.

rousseau posted: »

Two things are strange about Duncan: * He gives away ironwood shields to the Night's watch - "to keep you all out of harm's way" - lol,

• Yep, Duncan does lots of stuff behind our back, but greensight? Hm, it would be neat if they include it, or maybe skinchanging. I'd also like to know, how the "unlikely friendship" between Duncan and Lord Forrester came about. Somehow I think, the Codex entries aren't just there for fun, they might as well contain a hint towards a possible motive of the traitor.

One illogical thing about Duncan being the traitor: Why would he set up a meeting between Rod and Gwyn? A confidential meeting like that can't be in his interest, if he tries to harm House Forrester/help House Whitehill.

sunfell posted: »

Duncan is very weird. He seems to know everything including about Mira and ascher even if he is not sentinel. His visits to the wall to deli

• Maybe to keep you away? Or he wants to divide and conquer. I mean him taking you to Gwen himself and having her tell you makes him less suspicious. How was he in contact with gwen in the first place anyway?

Yep, Duncan does lots of stuff behind our back, but greensight? Hm, it would be neat if they include it, or maybe skinchanging. I'd also lik

• I assumed he talked to her at the funeral, didn't he say that? But then again she wasn't there for people who kissed Lord Whitehill's ring...

sunfell posted: »

Maybe to keep you away? Or he wants to divide and conquer. I mean him taking you to Gwen himself and having her tell you makes him less suspicious. How was he in contact with gwen in the first place anyway?

• Duncan might be using the North grove as something for him to barter with. Though his plan with gARAD seems off to me too. It is an awfully long way to traveL to give someone a map that there was no way he could read. To find something in a journal with vague reference. Duncan has mysterious powers ;)

I assumed he talked to her at the funeral, didn't he say that? But then again she wasn't there for people who kissed Lord Whitehill's ring...

• You have to play it smart and assess the situation. Maesters always want someone stronger, and don't give a shit who they serve. The Whitehills always support the Boltons who are attacking Ser Royland's sworn enemies at the moment. Lady Forrester is in a horrible predicament. Duncan is the least likely to be the traitor.

• I think Duncan is the most likely, by having him as Gregors trusted man, were predisposed to trust him. Especially as he's our uncle! I don't think it's coincidence that we play as Gared first, and are almost immediately told to trust one man and one man only.

• Duncan has greensight. He's a double agent. ;)

• Maester.Some maesters don't give a shit about loyalty ,Ortengryn may do this for his safery .He is young for a maester and more likely to be a traitor

Sign in to comment in this discussion.