Forum of Thrones: An Interactive Story

Comments

• :o we're totally best friends now we've got to get matching bracelets or something.

Crips posted: »

Hi I also just caught up with the story but slightly earlier and it's my, um...third vote? We're so alike xD

• Exactly

BFFs forever

AgentZ46 posted: »

we're totally best friends now we've got to get matching bracelets or something.

• The Voting is closed!

Jenna will reluctantly work with Harris

The fact that there have been quite a lot of votes for both options pleases me greatly, considering that Harris is not exactly the most popular character to say the least. It remains a matter of debate how many of you chose to work with him because they think it's the better choice and how many of you just hope that this option leads to Jenna's death XD This choice will have major influence on future Jenna parts and future parts for the other Raylansfair PoV's as well. If you want danger, you might be pleased to hear that there will be danger. But be careful what you wish for, because Jenna won't be the only one in danger now. Anyone can be killed. Or no one. Choose wisely.

The new part was supposed to be finished yesterday, but I went out for the night and didn't manage to finish it. However, it is nearly finished and should be out in the next few hours. And since I feel very productive today I should be able to finish the next part faster.

• Yes! I'm excited can't wait. I Iike Jenna... :(

The Voting is closed! Jenna will reluctantly work with Harris The fact that there have been quite a lot of votes for both options plea

• edited April 2015

Willfred

They arrived at the village a few hours before sundown. The foul stench of rotten bodies, of burned flesh, of death filled the air. Of course, they had seen the smoke miles away. They should have been prepared. Still, as Willfred rode into the village his first instinct was to throw up. He managed to keep his breakfast inside of him when he looked at General Tallian, who rode next to him with a neutral expression on his face. Two of his men failed at showing the same self-restraint as they looked at the remains of the village's population. Corpses, at least a dozen of them lay on the streets, some of them burned beyond recognition, some of them mutilated. It wasn't hard to imagine what happened to them before their death, but it was all the more harder to forget.

“May the Father judge over them”, Willfred muttered. “May the Mother have mercy on their souls” Tallian looked up as he heard Willfred's prayer. “And may the Stranger visit whoever did this”, he hissed and spat on the ground. Willfred gave him a cold glare. “These are dead people, General. Show some respect”, he said. Tallian responded by shaking his head. “They are dead people, yes. They are not mine though. We are in the Reach, boy. These people are none of our concern”, he answered.

Willfred closed his eyes for a moment. The training hasn't prepared him for this, no training could ever prepare him for this. “Perhaps they are”, he said, opening his eyes again and focusing his stare on Tallian. “Two day's march into the Reach and we haven't met one soldier. If we can lead a dozen men into this kingdom without anyone noticing, the Ironborn could too”

Tallian stopped his horse in the middle of the village and descended, pointing at one of the corpses. “I don't think so”, he said. “Look at this man, Willfred” He grabbed one of the bodies and Willfred took a closer look. The dead man wasn't burned or mutilated. It was a middle-aged man with blonde hair and a shaggy beard. But that wasn't the unusual part of his appearance. The man was armed. Clad in boiled leather, a small spear lying next to him. He was killed by a pitchfork being thrust in his throat. The farm tool lay next to him, still stained with his blood.

“Not an Ironborn”, Tallian remarked. “And if you would have looked closer instead of closing your eyes, you would have noticed several of these lying around here. The villagers have put up some resistance and got quite a lot of them” This caused Willfred to look around, despite the gruesome sight. Next to a ruined barn lay two armoured men with arrows in their chest. Near the entrance to the village he saw a dead fighter, killed by a woodcutter's axe.

“So who were these people? Why have they attacked this village?”, Willfred asked. Tallian shrugged indifferently. “I don't know and I don't care. These are Gardener's people and Gardener's problem” Willfred was only able to give him an angry glare. They had left Crakehall and his men behind two days ago when they crossed the border to the Reach. Entering a neutral kingdom with a dozen soldiers was one thing. Entering it with two hundred men was something else entirely. Now it was only him, General Tallian and a dozen men from Castamere. And the general had made it clear that he saw Willfred as little more than a stubborn boy, not able to follow his less than sound advice. Willfred was a knight and was raised worshipping the Seven and following their ideals. Tallian's advice was cowardly, cruel and not how a knight should behave.

“Why are you so sure they aren't Ironborn?”, he asked. Tallian picked up the spear, handing it to Willfred. “You see that wood? It's aspen, commonly found in the northern Reach, but uncommon in the Riverlands” He grabbed the spear again and with a quick movement he embedded it into the corpses chest. “As you can see, the leather is of terrible quality. The Ironborn have a lot of experience when it comes to working with leather. Lighter than steel or chainmail. Useful to wear on a longship” He threw the spear on the ground. “These men weren't Ironborn. Probably common bandits, maybe deserters”

Willfred shook his head. “Doesn't matter who they are. They killed innocent people”, he insisted and looked at one of his men. “Check the houses for survivors!”, he ordered. “And someone needs to check how many of the attackers got away” Tallian stepped closer and gave him a stern look. “Willfred, you can't mean to go after these men”, he said in disbelief. Willfred only gave him an angry look. “And you can't mean to let them get away with that!”, he responded.

“Yes, I can”, Tallian answered. “Remember what's at stake if we don't get Raylans men. You want this to happen to villages all over the Rock? Only that it will be worse, because common bandits are nothing compared to Ironborn. If yes, then go ahead, waste your time searching for bandits instead of searching for your uncle” Willfred clenched his teeth in anger. Yesterday they had passed a larger village. While the villagers had been wary about the soldiers, they told them something about a man from the Rock currently travelling the area, who claimed to be a nobleman and proved himself to be an excellent archer. All of these characteristics described his uncle Roger. Willfred had decided to follow this lead, eventually being directed at the village of Fairhaven. And here they were, Fairhaven being burned to the ground...

“No survivors found, mylord!”, one of his men exclaimed, leaving one of the ruined buildings. Willfred closed his eyes again. What if Roger died here? They could have been in Raylansfair by now, maybe they could even be in full negotiations with the lord already. “Any of them being armed with a bow?”, he asked. The soldier shook his head. “None, mylord! We found several of the attackers killed by an archer though”, he explained much to Willfred's relief. He gave Tallian a triumphant look. “He was here”, he said and despite the gruesome surroundings, he couldn't help but give the general a smirk. Tallian answered with a frown. “Yes, he was here. Well done, Willfred”, he hissed. “Now we only need to find out where he went”

Willfred slowly rode towards the villages exit. His back still hurt slightly from the blow he received in the battle against the Ironborn. Luckily nothing was broken, albeit Tallian complained for hours about this wound. Two of his soldiers were already near the exit, one of them kneeling next to a dead body, the other one carefully examining the ground. “You found anything?”, he asked. The one looking at the body gave him a nod. “Aye, mylord”, he answered. “That one was killed by an arrow, but the projectile is missing. Looks like someone ripped it out again, but without breaking it”

“Seven men ran out of the village”, the man examining the ground explained and pointed at something in the distance. “One of them didn't make it far” Willfred took a closer look, recognizing a body lying about a hundred feet away. Tallian stepped next to him and let out an approving whistle. “Your uncle has a reputation, but I have to admit, that is impressive”, he said. “Apparently he chased after these men. I have to apologize, mylord. If Roger is after them, they are our problem”

Willfred gave him another angry look. Sure, he understood that their mission was more important than helping the smallfolk. But this wasn't what a true knight should do. He was raised in the belief that a knight should help those in need regardless of the kingdom they live in. His father would have followed all of Tallian's advice. But he wasn't his father. “They would have been our problem in any way, because I say so, general”, he answered, ignoring the general's reply and moving his horse down the path. “We're going after them. It appears my uncle went after them too”

In only a minute, his soldiers where marching behind him. Even though they were tired, they weren't complaining about the fast speed Willfred forced them to march. “You're thinking like a knight, Willfred”, the general moving his horse next to him. Willfred looked up and raised an eyebrow. “Thank you, I guess?”, he answered and Tallian let out a small chuckle. “Wasn't meant as a compliment. You're Darren Reyne's heir. You can't afford to think like a knight. You have to think like a lord. Sometimes that means that you have to sacrifice your honour for the greater good”

Willfred shook his head with anger. “I can see why Crakehall had such a low opinion on you, general”, he answered. “It would have been better if you had stayed with the king” Tallian's chuckle grew into a fullborn laughter. “Trust me, I'm not enjoying this either. But if I don't accompany you, you'll get killed, reckless as you are”

Willfred opened his mouth to protest, but stopped as he looked at the path in front of him. A bifurcation was located in front of them. A man lay in front of a signpost, an arrow sticking out of his neck. “Roger's work”, Tallian remarked and one of the soldiers knelt down on the ground. “Looked like they parted ways here. Two of them ran east, down the road to Highgarden. Three of them ran west, to the coast”, the man explained. West... to Raylansfair! Willfred looked down the path. It was clear that his uncle took one of the ways, but that meant that several of the men he was chasing were about to escape... He could take one of these paths with his full company, risking to pick the wrong option and missing his chance at meeting up with Roger, as well as letting some of these men escaping. Or he could split his forces. Six men accompanying him and Tallian, six men taking the other way. Sure, Tallian wouldn't approve of this, but did it really matter?

[Don't split up and take the western path] [Don't split up and take the eastern path]

[Split up and take the western path] [Split up and take the eastern path]

Maya

“Tell me, child, have you ever heard about a town called Raylansfair?“

She opened her eyes and was met by complete darkness. Where was she... that voice... that was Royce! Where was she? Where was he? Where was that bronze bastard?

“As an official ambassador, you need to look like one of course. That's why I'm giving you a gift now”

There, again, right in front of her! Maya barely managed to breath in fear. He was here, he was close. He saw her!

“Perhaps I should thank the Bronze Lord for such a delightful gift...”

Brune's voice sounded directly behind her and made her almost jump in fear. She spun around, but still she saw nothing. Only darkness...

And then there were two small, blue lights shining in front of her... She took a step closer, but froze in terror as she realized what these lights were. They were eyes, shining in the darkness. And they slightly illuminated a face, a face paler than usual. The blonde hair was perfectly back-combed as always. But what she saw of the facial features looked waxen, unnatural. The hint of a smile was on the face, but something was not right with the teeth...

“Maya, hey, Maya”

What was that voice? That wasn't him, that wasn't his voice. His voice was soft, not this terribly squawking sound....

“You're actions will be gratitude enough”, Royce hissed and his voice sounded deeper than usual.

And then she took a closer look at the teeth... her eyes widened in shock as Royce came closer, the light in his eyes finally illuminating the daggers in his mouth...

“Maya, are you awake?”

Something sharp touched her side and this time she opened her eyes, shivering in fear and shivering because of the cold. She closed her eyes again, half expecting to see the nightmarish version of Lord Royce again, as she was still trying to regulate her breath.

“Psst, Maya”, Irving hissed, his voice far too loud to still count as a whisper. “I think I have seen something up there” Maya moaned, opening her eyes again. It was dark and it was cold. “Are you awake, Maya?”, Irving asked again and she gave him an angry glare. “I am now”, she mumbled. “What is it?” Irving pointed at the distant forest. “I've seen something up there...”, he said. “And I'm cold. Can you start a fire please?”

This time she took a look around. Gregar was lying on the ground next to her, occasionally snorting. Ser Aldrik slept on the opposite side of the small camp they had build for the night, his direwolf lying next to him. The animal was apparently sleeping, but Maya knew how light it's sleep was. She looked at Irving, who was sitting between her and the cold fireplace. He had a small, sharp stick in his right hand and despite the fact that she was shaken over the nightmare, she managed to give Irving an angry glare.

“Have you just poked me with that to wake me up?”, she hissed. Irving gave her an apologizing shrug. “Hey, I tried to wake you up several times. You were whimpering and I thought you might have a nightmare. I did you a favour!”, he defended himself.

Maya let out a sigh, half out of annoyance, half out of thankfulness. That was the second nightmare this week. She had some problems with nightmares earlier, but hoped that this part of her life was over. Maybe she should consider working for someone else. Gregar worked for Lord Redfort, who was known as a wise and kind man. Perhaps he could make some arrangements after this mission was over. Perhaps it would be for the best to leave Runestone behind.

“Irving have you just awoken me to tell me that you weren't able to keep a fire burning?”, she asked and let out a yawn. Next to her, Gregar grunted in his sleep. Irving shook his head. “What? No! But... now that you're saying... it's cold here. Winter is coming, you know? I don't want to get sick because of your mission”

Another sigh, this time completely out of annoyance. “Our mission, Irving”, Maya said with emphasis. Seven Hells, this guy got on her nerves! Irving raised his hands and rolled with his eyes. “Fine. Our Mission. No need to be the ass in ambassador”, he moaned. “But there's something else... something's not right with that forest up there”

He pointed at the forest across the small meadow the were resting in. A small formation of stones gave them a good shelter from wind and rain and allowed them to watch the forest near them. According to Gregar, they were close to Raylansfair, maybe a two days march left. And according to Ser Aldrik, these forests were known to be relatively safe.

“Something is not right with that forest...”, Maya repeated with a tired voice and looked over to it. Irving gave her a nod. “Yes. Look closely. You see the light?”, he said. Maya narrowed her eyes, concentrating on the forest... no light, no light, still no... wait... there was something. A small light moving past the trees, deeper into the woods.

“I see it”, Maya answered. “How have you even noticed it?” Irving gave her a proud smile. “I'm a watchguard, remember? I'm good when it comes to seeing things”, he explained. Maya raised an eyebrow. “Yeah, you are”, she said and his smile turned into a big grin. “And you're terrible at everything else”, she added and saw his smile fading. Seven Hells, he really poked her with a stick to wake her up!

“What happened to the fire anyway? You can't tell me you're not able to keep a fire burning, right?”, she asked. Irving gave her a shrug that was probably meant to be apologetic. “Hey, you can't expect me to stay awake all night after that march we had today, can you? But I wasn't asleep for long! Probably...”, he explained, before his proud smile returned. “But look at it from that angle. If I would have kept the fire burning, that guy in the forest would have seen us. Maybe you should be a bit more thankful!”

Maya shook her head. Seven Hells, the gods punished her with Irving! No, she remembered, not the gods, but the Bronze Lord... “Or maybe I should poke you with that stick until you manage to do the most basic task possible”, she answered. Before Irving could say something, she pointed at the forest. “Have you seen who it was? How many people? Were they armed?”, she asked.

Irving shook his head. “How am I supposed to know?”, he asked. “It's fucking dark out here, because someone, and that someone is you, decided to give me, of all people, the task of staying awake while all of you get to sleep” Maya closed her eyes and forced herself to resist the growing urge to strangle him. “Have you seen more than just that light?”, she asked again, forcing herself to give him her brightest smile. This caught Irving off guard and her gave her a surprised look. “Umm... yes, but not much more. I think it was only one man. Couldn't see if he was armed. For all I know it could have been a woman”, he stuttered and Maya raised to her feet, stretching herself. She was starting to breath normally again, even though the nightmare still caused her heart to beat faster than usual.

“Why are you standing up?”, Irving asked curiously. “I mean, sure, stand up, you can take over my shift” He caught her glare and started to stutter a bit. “Umm... I mean... I somehow think... that was not what you had in mind, right?”

Maya gave him a short nod. “Correct, Irving. I'm going to check the light out. Ser Aldrik said that these forest is relatively safe. And his wolf is asleep, so it can't be too dangerous” Irving glanced at the sleeping wolf, slightly shaking his head. “I'm quite glad he's asleep, you know? The way this beast looks at me... it's clever, more clever than Gregar, that's for sure. And I think it plans to eat me”, he said.

Maya gave him a deceivingly friendly smile. “If it helps, I don't think it wants to eat you. I doubt anything would eat you voluntarily”, she said and Irving shook his head. “And that's not a bad thing”, he answered, before standing up too. Maya gave him a surprised look. “What do you want, Irving?”, she asked. For one moment, Irving managed to look less annoyed than he probably was. “What does it look like, ambassador? I'm coming with you”, he explained.

She raised an eyebrow in surprise and Irving let out a sigh. “Listen, my options right now are either accompanying the strong and smart woman who broke the nose of that creepy wolf knight over there, after stabbing a fucking Riverlord to death, or staying with said creepy wolf knight and his monstrosity of a direwolf, who probably plans to eat me” He shook his head. “That's not even negotiable. I'm coming with you”

Maya opened her mouth to say something against it, but closed it again, simply giving him a surprised smile. “That was surprisingly sweet, coming from you, Irving”, she answered and he frowned as he heard that. “Now what is that supposed to mean?”, he asked. Maya let out a sigh. “That means you can come with me”, she said before facing the forest.

“Hey, wait a moment”, Irving said. “We should take our weapons with us”, he said. “And I'm not speaking of these little knives the bronze lord gave you or my spear” He pointed at the sleeping Gregar. “Gregar has a bow and no use for it right now. I'm a good archer, I could use it”

He didn't seem to notice the mocking expression on Maya's face. “You mean to tell me you are a good archer?”, she asked. Irving was quick to give her a nod. “Yeah. I know I'm a bit out of shape, but I was pretty good before arriving at the fucking Vale. Why are you asking? Do you think you are better than me?” Maya shook her head. She was an average archer, but she somehow doubted that Irving had any talent for archery. She somehow doubted he had any talent at all. But of course, a bow could come in handy when dealing with a potentially dangerous person in that forest. She should be able to hit a target, despite the darkness. But Gregar would be pretty pissed when finding it out...

[Let Irving take the bow] [Take the bow yourself] [Leave the bow behind]

• edited April 2015

[Let Irving take the bow]

As incompetent as he is, there isn't any reason for him to lie right now.

[Split up and take the eastern path]

Finally decided! Don't know why that took me so long to decide.

Willfred They arrived at the village a few hours before sundown. The foul stench of rotten bodies, of burned flesh, of death filled the a

• [Split up and take the eastern path]

Willfred They arrived at the village a few hours before sundown. The foul stench of rotten bodies, of burned flesh, of death filled the a

• edited April 2015

[Split up and take the western path]

[Let him]

• edited April 2015

[Split up and take the western path]

• MadManLeeMadManLee Banned
    edited April 2015

(Split up and take the western path)

( Take the bow yourself )

• [Don't split up and take the western path] it's too risky to split up and he's headed for Raylansfair anyway if he doesn't meet up with Roger then bad luck he'll have to do without.
    [let Irving take the bow] let's give Irving a chance to prove himself and get a use out of him what's the worst that could happen? Aside from pissing off Gregar.
    I'm loving Irving's character I really enjoy the interaction between him and Maya I hope he eventually grows on her.

• [Don't split up and take the western path]

I don't think's it's the safest idea to split up.

I hope this doesn't backfire. xD

• [Don't split up and take the eastern path]

[Leave the bow behind]

• [Don't split up and take the western plan]

It would be too risky to just split up and Raylansfair will come to use either way

Baby wants its bottle? Fine.

• That was one of the first, if not the first, chapter of Forum Of Thrones in which I laughed out loud, Irving is just so funny

• I'm very glad to hear that! I'm really not good at writing funny stuff and always struggle with writing a bit more humorously, but Irving makes it easy for me. Safe to say that he is among my favourites, at least from the fun I have while writing stuff for him.

That was one of the first, if not the first, chapter of Forum Of Thrones in which I laughed out loud, Irving is just so funny

• [Don't split up and take the western path] Risky but oh well

[Leave the bow behind]

• [Split up and take the western path]

• [Split up and take the western path]

• [Let Irving take the bow]

[Split up and take the eastern path]

• edited April 2015

[Don't split up and take the western path]

[Leave the bow behind]

• edited April 2015

• edited April 2015

• [Split up and take the eastern path]

• [Don't split up and take the eastern path]

Let Irving have the bow

Great chapter

• Split up and take the eastern path]

[Leave the bow behind]

Nahhh we don't need it.

• [Don't split up and take the western plan]

• [Split up and take the Western path]

I fucking love Irving lmao

• edited April 2015

The Voting is closed!

Willfred will travel down the western path without splitting up his soldiers

Maya will let Irving take Gregar's bow

The new part is about halfway written. Unfortunately I was quite busy yesterday and today, so there is still some work to be done on it. I'll try my best to finish it today, but I am almost sure I won't be able to do that. Sorry for the delay, expect it no later than tomorrow though!

• Alt text

Lol jk, take yer time

The Voting is closed! Willfred will travel down the western path without splitting up his soldiers Maya will let Irving take Gregar's

• Characters types that Liquid doesnt need:

• Bastards
    • Assassins
    • Mercenaries
    • Dorne people
    • Knights
    • Etc
  • He will always need more Mercenaries!!

supersagig posted: »

Characters types that Liquid doesnt need: * Bastards * Assassins * Mercenaries * Dorne people * Knights * Etc

• edited April 2015

He didnt say that to me :P

husmusen posted: »

He will always need more Mercenaries!!

• edited April 2015

So Eaton faces the fate of EVERY prologue pov character RIP.

Also i thought this would happen:

Eaton :.......... And history was everywhere in the city, everywhere in the kingdom (gets closer to ledge), everywhere in the continent ( REALLY CLOSE TO THE EDGE), everywhere in the WORLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD (falls)

So i kinda predicted his way to die.

"Now, Maester Eaton, how do you want to die?" Eaton snorted. "You are awfully civil for a paid killer" This time it almost seemed as if t

• Assassins

Alt text

Characters types that Liquid doesnt need: * Bastards * Assassins * Mercenaries * Dorne people * Knights * Etc

• Didnt you read it before

Lord_EAA posted: »

So Eaton faces the fate of EVERY prologue pov character RIP. Also i thought this would happen: Eaton :.......... And history was every

• Type of characters Liquid does need:

• Aliens.
    • Women obsessed with Leonard Constantine.
    • Librarians
    • Wildlings
    • Whitehills
    • Sothryos People
    • Targarygens
    • Essosians
    • Dragon riders
    • Duke Nukem

• Yes

Assassins

Sign in to comment in this discussion.