Episode 4 Achievements Theory

edited April 2015 in Game Of Thrones

Post your Theories below.

I really don't have a theory for these Episode 4 Achievements, I am very clueless.

If anyone with a Smart brain might know a Theory, please post what these Achievements might mean.

And judging by the Teaser for Episode 4, it might give us a few hints to what they might mean.

Alt text

Comments

• They all seem to be named after random house words. The Sun of Winter is house Karstark for instance.

• But the last one says "Castellan"

Does that mean Duncan is the traitor?

StrawHuman posted: »

They all seem to be named after random house words. The Sun of Winter is house Karstark for instance.

• Or he dies?

But the last one says "Castellan" Does that mean Duncan is the traitor?

• I just freaked out when you said Duncan is the traitor or he is gonna die

• He dies he is the TRAITOR!? so we would know the traitor in the end of ep 4????? Well ....I have no idea, I'm clueless too! .__.

• no at the end of an episode you get a rank which is the last achievement for instance on the first episode it was squire, on the second it was night and on the third it was master of arms

Killah posted: »

I just freaked out when you said Duncan is the traitor or he is gonna die

• @Rice_On_The_Spoon is right theres no way you're going to guess what happens based on the rank achievements.

no at the end of an episode you get a rank which is the last achievement for instance on the first episode it was squire, on the second it was night and on the third it was master of arms

• We can speculate.

AgentZ46 posted: »

@Rice_On_The_Spoon is right theres no way you're going to guess what happens based on the rank achievements.

• Based on the word Castellan? I'm not trying to shut anyone down I just don't think there's any deep meaning behind the "complete this episode" achievements.

We can speculate.

• As @StrawHuman said the sun of winter is House Karstarks words and episode 4 is titled "the sons of winter" so maybe we can speculate if anyone knows the meaning behind House Karstarks words.

• No, the last achievement of each episode is named after a role in House Forrester, i.e Episode 1's last achievement is "Squire" and Episode 6's is "Sentinel".

• The Karstarks' words are actually a double meaning. The first meaning comes from their sigil - a sun, and they're from the North, where it's very cold. However, they have a second meaning, a more literal one. The Karstarks are descended from the Starks, and are actually a cadet branch. They're named after their founder, Karl Stark. However, I'm not sure if this means that the Karstarks will appear in this episode, or if it simply refers to something else. Maybe it's both.

Furthermore, all of the achievements are named after house words. Velaryon, Follard, Buckwell, Cerwyn, Flint of WIdow's Watch, and Hornwood. The same is true for episodes 5 and 6.

The latter three are major Northern houses in addition to the Karstarks. The first three are houses from the Crownlands, but I'm not sure how they relate, if at all. Members of Buckwell and Follard are Night's Watch rangers (with a Follard later being in Stannis's retinue) and the Velaryons have uncertain loyalties which are muddled in AFFC.

So does this mean that all of these houses will have some impact on the episode? Or are these just clever titles with double meanings? As I said, the next two episodes after this have the same deal - achievements named after house words. But at this point, it's difficult to tell just what they mean.

As @StrawHuman said the sun of winter is House Karstarks words and episode 4 is titled "the sons of winter" so maybe we can speculate if anyone knows the meaning behind House Karstarks words.

• I think they're just using house words to avoid spoilers in the achievement names.

• People made a theory about TWD achievements.

And most of them got the Theories correct.

Based on the word Castellan? I'm not trying to shut anyone down I just don't think there's any deep meaning behind the "complete this episode" achievements.

• I agree up until episode 6. Episode 6 has the major houses, that we know where they are and where.

JakeSt123 posted: »

I think they're just using house words to avoid spoilers in the achievement names.

• edited April 2015

Maybe Roderick dies and we play as either Duncan or Royland depending who we picked?

• Telltale said that we would only have 5 playable characters...

sunfell posted: »

Maybe Roderick dies and we play as either Duncan or Royland depending who we picked?

• At any one time? ;)
    Duncan and Royland count as one as it alternates depending who you picked. Their dialogue is mostly the same aside from small funny options.

Telltale said that we would only have 5 playable characters...

Sign in to comment in this discussion.