strange upgrade package

edited September 2009 in Wallace & Gromit
Hi ya,
I purchased the monkey island subscription, and got a free download for any other series so i decided to download the bogey man.
Well after playing that to death i thought i would use the upgrade option to get the complete set, well now i have 2 disk codes for the bogey man in my games page!. not much use to me but i thought it was strange, anyone else noticed this?.
i now cant wait to play them (downloading as i type) and hopefully getting the special disk offer when it arrives.

Another thing i thought was strange was that it worked out cheaper to purchase one episode then upgrading, it cost me in total $19.95 (as i already had one free). even if i had payed for the bogey man it would have still been cheaper doing it this way ($29 insted of $35). Now i would have thought it would have worked the other way around - really strange pricing but im not complaining lol
roy

Comments

• edited September 2009
    That is weird. Cheaper? Telltale, you have a very fun-to-exploit flaw in your system, so please don''t fix it! In fact, do this for every other series you bring out from now on!

Good job finding this, royloverock!

It made me smile!
  • edited September 2009
    I only paid $26 for Wallace and Gromit, because I pre-ordered it :p
  • edited September 2009
    I have two codes for Strong Bad Dangeresque 3 and Sam & Max Ice Station Santa because I got those with free codes first - so obviously I got a code for those, then when I upgraded to the full seasons I got another code - because buying a season pass entitles you to another set of codes.

That seems normal to me. I don't mind having two codes. Doesn't affect me and I didn't have to pay for the free ones so it didn't cost me anything else.
  • edited September 2009
    I have two codes for Strong Bad Dangeresque 3 and Sam & Max Ice Station Santa because I got those with free codes first - so obviously I got a code for those, then when I upgraded to the full seasons I got another code - because buying a season pass entitles you to another set of codes.

That seems normal to me. I don't mind having two codes. Doesn't affect me and I didn't have to pay for the free ones so it didn't cost me anything else.

Plus, you can email support and have them gift the extra codes to a friend, if you'd like. :)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.