Forum of Thrones: An Interactive Story

Comments

• edited April 2015

[Try your luck in the forest]

[Go with Philip and Rosalie to the tavern]

Alys Just as Alys thought it couldn't get any worse, it started to rain. Great. Now she was alone, freezing and soaking wet. And it was d

• Where's your first choice?

NoHopeLeft posted: »

[Try your luck in the forest] [Go with Philip and Rosalie to the tavern]

• I forgot it.

Where's your first choice?

• [Go with Philip and Rosalie to the tavern]

Alys Just as Alys thought it couldn't get any worse, it started to rain. Great. Now she was alone, freezing and soaking wet. And it was d

• [Accept the offer and seek shelter at the farm] Suprised everyone is picking the other choice to be honest.

[Don't go to the tavern, but allow Rosalie to go]

• [Try your luck in the forest] fuck it, yolo

• [Try your luck in the forest]

• I'm already loving Alys's character.

• Argh! these choices are hard! [try your luck in the forest] god I hope she doesn't run into Harmund correct me if I'm wrong but I think Harmund is the man Torvin is currently travelling with. [Don't go to the tavern but allow Rosalie to go] Rosalie is a fun character I like reading the chapters she's in]

• [try your luck in the forrest]
    Go with Philip and Rosalie to the tavern]

• edited April 2015

{Try your luck in the forest}

Wow, one chapter and that girl has to be one of the most obnoxious people i've ever seen, shes like a bad mix of sansa and arya

{Go with Phillip and Rosalie}

I kind of want the pair more involved with the rest of the story now, Lyria's basically made a knife

• [Try your luck in the forest] that was a hard one, but that man is just trying too hard to get her scared i dunno i don't trust him

[Don't go to the tavern but allow Rosalie to go] I rly don't like Rosalie i dunno, but if she wishes to go, i say let her

• [Accept the offer and seek shelter at the farm]

[Don't go to the tavern, but allow Rosalie to go]

• ( accept the offer and seek shelter in the farm)
    (Don't go but allow Rosalie to go )

• [Accept the offer and seek shelter at the farm] Wow, this Alys has a very similar backstory to one of the characters I submitted, their name is pretty similar, and fuck, they even come from the same lands :D If I would've known this I would've given you more unique character, well I guess you can handle two almost identical ones :p

[Go with Philip and Rosalie to the tavern] I wouldn't mind if Wolfius killed Lyria XD

Great chapter

[Go with Phillip and Rosalie to the tavern]

• edited April 2015

[Try your luck in the forest] Don't trust strangers!

Hmmmm Boleyn? Is that a reference to Anne Boleyn who was played by Natalie Dormer(Margaery)?

What can go wrong?

Why not? xD

• Just going to throw this out there-

TeamEssos

TeamNorth

TeamGuardsmen

• edited April 2015

The Voting is closed!

Alys will try her luck by hiding in the forest

Lyria and Rosalie will accompany Philip to the meeting in the tavern

The new part is halfway written and that is the reason why I'm closing the voting earlier than intended. I hope to finish the chapter by the end of next month at the latest and that means I have to put out the parts maybe slightly more often. All in all this chapter is planned to be a bit shorter than the last one, with many PoV's getting only 2 parts this chapter. However, Lucas and Jaron will have a huge storyline this chapter and some of the others will have a lot to do too, which means it will probably balance out in the end.

I would have finished the next part by now, but yesterday I was faced with the decision to either continue writing or playing Borderlands 2... and you can't say no to a shotgun that shoots exploding swords, can you? Anyway, expect the next part to be up later today!

• Did someone say Borderlands?

Alt text

The Voting is closed! Alys will try her luck by hiding in the forest Lyria and Rosalie will accompany Philip to the meeting in the tav

• However, Lucas and Jaron will have a huge storyline this chapter

This chapter means this chapter, the current one, correct? Or the next? I'm confused.

The Voting is closed! Alys will try her luck by hiding in the forest Lyria and Rosalie will accompany Philip to the meeting in the tav

• edited April 2015

Yes this chapter means this chapter, Act 2 Chapter 1. I'm still not sure how long their respective storylines will be, but I don't expect either storyline being under five parts in the end.

However, Lucas and Jaron will have a huge storyline this chapter This chapter means this chapter, the current one, correct? Or the next? I'm confused.

• I'm taking a shot in the dark here, but I assume it as to do with Jaron's Burned Man jobs and Lucas joining up.

Yes this chapter means this chapter, Act 2 Chapter 1. I'm still not sure how long their respective storylines will be, but I don't expect either storyline being under five parts in the end.

• So... a small update. Sadly, I have just deleted a whole page of writing because I reread it and wasn't satisfied with what I have written. This means that I won't be able to finish the new part today, since I am also pretty tired (it's about 1.30 AM here) and will call it an "early" night instead of hastily writing something disappointing. Sorry for the longer wait, but this was a necessary decision.

• Holy shit! Awesome! P.S. back from the dead!

The Voting is closed! Lucas and Leonard will storm into Archmaester Quent's chambers The new part is about halfway written. I am 50% s

• InGen_Nate_KennyInGen_Nate_Kenny Moderator
    edited April 2015

Totally random, but has anyone noticed how much Lucas looks like the god Gryff?

Alt text

• All bow to the one true Lord and savior, that is Gryff Whitehill!

• Great, I now hate Lucas...

• Seems only 24 agree with our cause. But they will all kneel to our one true King eventually

http://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/93153/gryff-whitehill-a-rather-dashing-fellow/p1

• Drent

“STORM KING! STORM KING!”, the soldiers chanted at the top of their voices. Drent Golton didn't join in, instead he simply put his arms on the railing of the wall, looking down on the courtyard below him. It was one of the few sunny evenings this autumn had for this part of the world and Storm's End was bathed in sun. It was in several ways a unique and remarkable castle. The wall, a hundred feet tall, nearly eighty feet thick on it's seaward side, was built in an almost perfect circle, surrounding a huge courtyard and the castle itself in the middle, a massive drum tower large enough to hold several thousand men, like the fist of a giant striking towards the sky in defiance of the harsh storms that gave castle and kingdom it's name. According to the legend, Durran Godsgrief, first of the Storm Kings, built the castle in defiance of the gods. Six times the gods of wind and sea destroyed the castle to punish Durran for marrying their daughter, Elenei. Six times he rebuild the castle, until the children of the forest came to his aid and wove powerful spells into the walls. And to this day the fortress defied the winds of Shipbreaker Bay and every army that tried to take it.

“STORM KING! STORM KING!”, the soldiers chanted again and finally he stepped into Drent's field of view. Argilac Durrandon was a man of almost sixty years, nearly seven feet tall and with a presence that seemed to be even larger than his castle. Claims that he was the strongest man in his kingdom were probably wrong, if only because of his advancing age. He started to gain some weight in the recent decade, but was far from being fat. His long black beard, without even a hint of grey hair, hid a pale, gaunt face that was still pleasant to look at despite countless scars and wrinkles. Piercing blue eyes carefully watched every step the other men in the courtyard made. On top of his head rested the Storm King's crown, an iron bracelet with two long, branched horns, giving it the appearance of a stag's antlers. And despite the fact that it wasn't necessary, the king was wearing full armour, heavier than most of his knights dared to wear, together with a yellow tabard, depicting the crowned stag of House Durrandon. In his right hand he was carrying the hammer his ancestors wielded, a huge, two-handed warhammer, larger than some men, with a single spike on top.

To his right, Drent noticed Ser Emphyrus Dresfel, one of the king's closest friends, a man half his age and with a similar interest in fighting. His hair was a bit longer than the kings, but he was clean-shaven, which highlighted several small scars in his face, as well as a single large one that curved from below his left eye under his mouth. Unlike the Storm King, Dresfel actually managed to get a slight tan from the many hours he spent outside.

“Shield Wall!”, Dresfel commanded the two dozen fresh recruits who had taken position in the courtyard. A few days ago, Durrandon had broken the hand of his master-at-arms in a friendly brawl and ever since he had taken it upon himself to train the recruits. Watching this made Drent glad that he had finished his training several years ago. It has been hard, far harder than he had imagined it, but nothing compared to the personified storm that marched over the courtyard. And the recruits certainly thought the same. Drent saw fear in their faces, as well as cruel smirks in the faces of the surrounding soldiers. They anticipated what was about to happen.

“You call that a shield wall?”, the Storm King yelled, his thunderous voice booming over the courtyard. “You call that a fucking shield wall? I will give you a shield wall!” With these words, he raised his hammer, starting to run towards them. Three hundred pounds of fury, charging on a bunch of barely trained kids. Drent shook his head, watching his king “training” his new recruits. Half of them would be seriously wounded in this melee. The other half though... He took a look over the courtyard. Storm's End was home to five thousand soldiers, the Stormlands home to several hundred thousands. The largest army in the continent, the best army in the continent. Theirs was the fury.

The Storm King held back, at least slightly, or else he would have killed the first man he took a swing against. The recruit was more a boy than a man and the hammer hit his shield with enough force to make it splinter. The force of the blow sent the boy staggering backwards and downwards, dragging the two recruits behind him with him to the ground. The recruit to Argilacs right tried to land a blow on him, but was sent to the ground as Argilac smashed the hilt of his hammer against the boy's jaw. Even from afar, Drent heard a cracking sound. Another recruit tried to smash his shield against the Storm King, who swiftly raised his hammer and hit the top of the shield, sending it and it's wielder to the ground. The recruit to his left got a punch in the face as he tried to hit his king, probably hard enough to knock out a few of his teeth.

“Inspiring, isn't it?”, a voice next to Drent asked. He looked up and saw a man at least a head taller than himself, built like a rock, with a shaved head and the deep blue eyes often found with the Stormlanders. Drent stood attention immediately, like he was drilled to do. “Sergeant Montclair”, he greeted his commanding officer. Jax Montclair was only a few years older than him, an accomplished warrior and leader of a unit of soldiers.

“Good evening, Golton”, Montclair greeted him and gave him a short nod of his head as he leant on the railing of the wall. “Enjoying the view?”, he asked completely serious. Drent gave him a short smile. “Sure. Nothing is more enjoyable than watching our king beating a few kids to bloody pulp”, he chuckled, which earned him a stern glare from the sergeant. “He is training them”, the man insisted. Drent looked down and saw the Storm King smashing his hammer against a poor recruits knee, quite likely breaking it in the process. He looked back at Montclair and raised an eyebrow. The sergeant frowned and scratched his head. “You don't get the best army in Westeros without making a few sacrifices”, he said. “King Argilac isn't invincible and he isn't the best warrior in the kingdom, albeit he comes close. The recruits stand a small chance against him. They learn how to endure heavy hits, how to hold their shield, how to make a counter-attack. It might be brutal, but sooner or later they learn” Drent shook his head. “Or they die. How many have we lost this year?”, he asked. Montclair looked down at the courtyard again. “Five”, he answered. “Five weaklings compared to the nine-hundred who joined our army this year. And out of these nine-hundred, only two-hundred died in the Marches. It's brutal, but effective”

Drent let out a frustrated sigh. “I never meant to be disrespectful, Sergeant”, he said and Montclair shook his head. “And yet you questioned the king's methods”, he answered. “In a real battle, the enemy won't hold back. King Argilac at least tries his best to keep all of them alive”

Down in the courtayrd, the Storm King had defeated his last opponent and raised his hammer over his head in triumph. The soldiers cheered at him, as Argilac shouted his victory across Storm's End. Drent noticed the slim figure clad in blue myrish silk standing at the balcony in the tower's highest floor, watching the Storm King training his recruits. Argella Durrandon had a temper that had some similarities to her father's at worst, as well as the untamed beauty her family was known for. But while Argilac was a personified storm in every aspect, Argella was like the sea, beautiful, admirable, yet not without cruelty, harsh, calm and unforgiving at the same time. With her pale porcelain skin, high cheekbones, shining dark blue eyes and long black hair, flowing in the wind, it wasn't hard to imagine that the Storm Princess had the blood of the gods of wind and sea in her veins. In the Age of Heroes, wars would have been fought to win her heart. Even from afar, Drent noticed a grim smirk on her face. Her father's daughter from tip to toe.

Montclair cleared his throat. “I have an assignment for you, Golton”, he explained and Drent gave him his full attention. The sergeant looked around, narrowing his eyes as he saw a few soldiers pass. “But not here. This assignment demands absolute secrecy” With these words, Montclair looked down to the courtyard. “The king will be involved”, he added. Drent raised an eyebrow. “The Storm King gives out assignments that demand absolute secrecy?”, he asked and tried not to sound too mocking. Still, Montclair frowned as he heard this. “Watch your tongue, Golton”, he hissed. “If you need to know it, Lady Tariel is responsible for this assignment”

Ah, now that made sense. Lady Tariel was not a real lady, but among the Storm King's most trusted advisers, notably the only woman of low birth who ever made it that far. Rumour had it that she was sleeping either with him or with Lord Connington, perhaps even both. For Drent, she was a viper, her advice poisonous. Nothing good would ever come out of her involvement.

“So, are we going to meet her?”, he asked. Montclair gave him a short nod. “In the evening. You. Me. A handful of others”, he explained and was about to add something when the sound of horns cut him off. A hundred feet below them, the massive gate of Storm's End was opened and Drent looked down into the courtyard. Five men slowly rode into the courtyard, clad in red clothes with black cloaks. All of them had silver hair and Drent didn't need to see them closer to know that they also had purple eyes. Valyrians. He fucking hated Valyrians!

“Aegon Targaryen sends his ambassador”, he chuckled. “Seems like the Dragonlord has a hard time accepting 'No' for an answer” In the courtyard, the five men descended from their horses and took a deep bow in front of the Storm King, who was still casually wielding his hammer. Durrandon seemed to be mildly annoyed by them and did nothing to hide this. Drent saw them exchanging a few words and even from the distance he saw the dangerous look in the kings eyes. Durrandon gave the men a small nod and turned around to walk into his Hall. Ser Emphryus and the men followed, as well as several soldiers who apparently followed out of curiosity. In a few minutes, the courtyard of Storm's End was noticeably more empty.

Drent looked down to the gates that lead into the Great Hall. It has been a while since the Dragonlord had last sent a diplomatic mission to Storm's End. It would probably be interesting, albeit it was technically none of his concern. Montclair shook his head. “You want to see that? Some boring diplomatic meeting?”, he asked. “They will talk for a long time about things you and I shouldn't worry about. Why don't we train for a while. It has been a while since I last saw you fighting”

“Is that an order, Sergeant?”, Drent asked. He really wanted to watch this meeting, but couldn't refuse a direct order. To his relief, Montclair shook his head. “I'm not asking as your commanding officer. It's your choice, Golton”, he explained. “But trust me, that meeting will be a waste of time, as always”

[Go and watch the meetingl] [Train with Montclair]

Jaron

With his fingers, Jaron gave Martin a sign to wait as he sneaked up on the door. He could hear the muffled voices a bit clearer now as he pressed his head against the wooden door.

“So... what would be my task in this scheme?”, a sullen voice asked.

“It's easy, Robb. Butterfly makes his moves and he is close to defeat the Burned Man”, another voice answered, sounding a bit more muffled than the first, as well as a bit deeper. Jaron saw Martin putting a hand on the hilt of his sword and slightly shook his head. It was clear that someone working for Butterfly was in there, but storming into the chamber now could deprive them of valuable information.

“I've heard that much. There is a reason why I'm considering this”, the first voice, apparently the man named Robb, said.* “But what would be my task?”*

“Like I said, he is close to defeat him. But defeat is not enough for Butterfly. He wants to destroy the Burned Man, he wants to humiliate him. Before he grants him death, he wants to take away everything he loves”, the second voice explained.

“You're talking about Harpy”, Robb deduced and his voice sounded a bit wary as he continued. “You want me to give her to Butterfly”

As the second voice spoke, Jaron heard that the man was pleased. “Indeed, Robb. You're more clever than you look. The winged bitch is probably the only thing the Burned Man truly loves. Sending her back to him, limb for limb, will break him”, he explained. Jaron had to close his eyes for a moment and suppress the urge to just storm into this room and slaughter both men.

“And how shall I do that?”, Robb asked.

“You're a clever man, right?”, the second voice said with a mocking tone in his voice. “You will think about something. You know how to contact us. As soon as you have her, we will arrange a meeting with Butterfly”

Robb paused for a moment. “Butterfly is meeting me in person?”, he asked and his voice cracked for a moment.

“Indeed he will”, the other man clarified. “Not only that... Butterfly is a generous man. Maybe he'll give her to you for one or two rounds, perhaps even before he starts to hurt her”

“A generous offer”, Robb said, still sounding slightly unsure. “But I need some time to think about it”

“Of course, Robb. I will leave you to your... thoughts. But don't think too long. Perhaps we'll find someone else who's more than willing to accept our offer. And remember, I know where you live”, the other man said. “Think about this, Robb. She is going to suffer either way, Butterfly demands it. Wouldn't it be good if you could be the man benefiting from her pain?”

Jaron looked at Martin, who gave him a short nod and drew his sword. This was enough. He would kill both of them! He stepped aside as Martin walked in front of the door, kicking it open with a single, powerful kick. He stormed inside, Jaron close behind him.

“What in the...”, Jaron heard Robb's voice, as he entered the room. It was small and a complete mess. A shabby mattress was lying on the ground, filled with stinking straw. The smell in general was breathtaking, a mixture of alcohol and piss. The floor was littered with bottles, most of them empty, but some of them filled with... something. The window was wide open and cold air was trying to dispel the smell. A young man was lying next to the bed, looking far older than he could be, with shabby brown hair and a dirty beard, hiding a swollen, red face. He looked at them in shock. And he was the only one in the room. Martin wasted no time and ran towards the window, taking a short look out of it.

“Shit”, he mumbled. “That other guy got away...” With these words he turned around, pointing his sword at the man on the ground. “You have a lot to explain, Robb”, he growled. Robb was looking from Martin to Jaron, a frightened look in his eyes. “Wait!”, he stuttered. “Wait, don't kill me!”

Martin raised his eyebrows. “And why shouldn't I? Give me one good reason”, he hissed. The frightened expression in Robb's face started to disappear. “Because that would be the most stupid thing you could do, Martin”, he answered. “It would deprive you of the opportunity to kill the Butterfly”

Jaron shook his head. “You're working for him, we've heard everything”, he answered. “Confess and I will give you a clean death” The look Robb gave him was somewhere between disbelief and disgust. “Who the fuck are you?”, he asked. “And have you ever heard about the term 'mole'?”

He let out a sigh and attempted to stand up, but Martin pushed him down again. “You want to tell me you are a mole among Butterflies men?”, he asked and Robb gave him a nod. Martin let out a small chuckle. “You're barely able to stand straight when you're not drunken. And you want to tell me that you infiltrated the Solvers?”

Robb looked at him and put a hand on the tip of Martin's sword. Slowly, he pushed it away and started to stand up. This time, Martin let him. “I know I'm not the most impressive sight, Martin”, he said. “Which is exactly why the Burned Man chose me for this task. Nobody would believe you if you would defect to the Solvers. Or the countless children who work for the Burned Man... they owe him and they would never betray him. I on the other hand... it would make sense, right? That's why he chose me, to pretend to be a traitor”

He looked Jaron straight in the eye. “Whoever you are, I am working for the Burned Man for far longer than you do and he trusts me. I am no traitor”, he urged him. “If you believe me, this little war can be over. You said you've heard everything... well, then you know what we have to do”

Jaron narrowed his eyes as he heard this. “You're talking about giving Harpy to Butterfly, right?”, he growled. “That's not going to happen” Robb gave him a confused look before looking back at Martin. “Seriously, who is this cocky little asshole? Is he the one making the decisions now?”, the man asked.

Martin shook his head. “But I guess this doesn't stop him from deciding either way. Jaron, this is Robb, poor excuse for a mercenary. Robb, this is Ser Jaron the Bastard”, he explained and paused for a moment. “He is new”, he added with a slight grin. “So, why don't you tell us your brilliant plan?”

Robb walked towards the mattress and sat down again, pointing at a bottle standing on the ground. “You want some?”, he asked. Martin viciously shook his head. “I'm still thinking if I should kill you, Robb, so don't push your luck”, he answered.

Robb let out a sigh. “Your loss. It's good stuff”, he said. “Anyways, the man I was talking to calls himself 'The Tom'. Wears a cat mask. Creeps the hell out of me. Leads a band of rapists and killers” Jaron looked at Martin who seemed to shiver for one moment. “I'm closing the fucking window...”, the mercenary mumbled. “You talked to the leader of the Alley Cats... Fuck, we let him escape!” He looked at Jaron. “The Tom is one of the most dangerous men in this city, violent, unstable, psychopathic and working for Butterfly. And we just let him escape...” He pointed his sword at Robb again. “Continue!”, he ordered and his voice sounded more aggressive than usual. “And don't you dare lying to me, or else it will hurt”

“Well, the Burned Man trusts me. He ordered me to spread rumours about my planned defection. I went to some taverns. Had some interesting talks. And one evening a few days ago, this creepy guy was waiting for me in my room. We talked for a while. I guess I've either earned their trust or their pity. And now he told me exactly what we need to do to lure Butterfly out of hiding”, he explained and looked at Jaron. “Do you understand, Ser Bastard? I am no traitor. Trust me and I will give you Butterfly. Fuck, this is the opportunity we've been waiting for!”

Jaron looked to Martin, who seemed to be indecisive. “You believe him?”, he asked. Martin shook his head. “Not one bit. He is hiding something. We have heard what he spoke with this fucking cat”, he answered and his face got a grim expression. He took a step towards Robb and grabbed him by the throat. The other mercenary tried to retaliate but a quick punch in the stomach caused him to squirm in pain. “And I'm going to beat the truth out of you!”, Martin growled. Robb shook his head in panic. “Fuck... fuck, Martin please don't do this! Shit, Ja... Jaren, please, you have to stop him! I'm telling you the truth, I swear by the old gods and the new!”

[Let Martin beat him up] [Stop Martin from beating him up]

• edited April 2015

Ross Bob

Alt text
    I gotcha fam

sorry, Liquid. but you got trolled

• edited April 2015

Oh I see, thanks for pointing it out, I took him out of the list. The amount of fake characters really starts to piss me off. The character was quite well done though. But what exactly is this guy and why is his picture on the internet? Is he famous for something, or is this simply a random person? By the way, could you change the picture you used for a smaller picture please? This creepy grin gives me nightmares.

Ross Bob I gotcha fam sorry, Liquid. but you got trolled

Sign in to comment in this discussion.