The Traitor of House Forrester

I think the traitor of house Forrester is Maester Ortengryn because he wanted to give the ironwood away to the Boltons and he told Gryff to stop stepping on Rodrik's arm and told him that he will severely lose the arm. The second person on my list is Duncan because on the achievements list on episode 4 it says Castellan which will probably mean he is the traitor of house Forrester I could be wrong because he wanted to help House Forrester by giving Gared the North Grove map and tell him to leave the night's watch.

Comments

• My list is this:

1.) Lady Forrester: She's not consistent in what she tells her sons (as in slaughter all of them down to the babes/you need to stand up to the Whitehills and then when the time comes she tells him to give in). I don't trust her at all... as of right now. She's always present for the decisions made in the council, so she would also have the capability to share what she hears if scared into it. She would easily do it in exchange for her family's safety in the end- that I have no doubt.

2.) The Maester: He's always in the background and can come and go whenever he pleases. Duncan and Royland are not given that luxury, which makes me believe that it is probably not one of them. He also has access to inside information from the head council and from the commoners that he could easily trade with the Whitehills if provoked.

3.) Duncan: As much as I hate to say it, there is a 20% chance in my mind that it could be him. He clearly has connections with the Whitehills (only Gwyn so far but who knows), the North Grove, and God knows where else. He's got access to the information in the council, as well as the Lord's personal thoughts/opinions. Out of Duncan or Royland, I would suspect Duncan more. Royland is way too dedicated to fighting for the house's benefit, not the other way around. Heck, Royland will probably be the one who wants to kill whoever the traitor is once it's revealed.

• Ethan's corpse is the traitor.

• I'd like not to point fingers at anyone, until I get proof.

But I do get the feeling that it's the maester.

• Alt text

Gary-Oak posted: »

Ethan's corpse is the traitor.

• Alt text

• No doubt, Maester Ortengryn is the traitor.

• IT ALL MAKES SO MUCH SENSE NOW!

• It's the mom. Look how crazy she gets when you tell her you met an ally from house Whitehill.

• Duncans the traitor because on the achievements list it says Castellan?

"Castellan is a position granted by a lord to a member of his household. It confers responsibility for the defense and governance of a castle or territory in the absence of the lord or if the lord is too young."

• I would say the one most likely would be the Maester.
    Roland doesn't seem the type to be smart enough and he seems loyal.
    Can't see Lady Forrester betraying her own family to save Ryon.
    Dark horse I would say would be Duncan.

• I think the Mom (Lady Forrester) will be one of the traitor. She usally backs easily when it comes to her children, and I believe she will sacrifice alot of things behind Rodrik's back and without his knowledge.

• I think it's Duncan for one reason:

The traitor is giving info to the Whitehills.
    Duncan would tell them anything. Including the North Grove.
    Isn't it a BIT suspicious a Whitehill (Britt, Fucking asshole)
    turns up at the Wall? Maybe they know about TNG, so send him since he
    basically committed a crime, using it as the perfect cover to sneak off.
    He probably would've snuck off on the mission to kill the traitors, the same time as
    Gared. Tying up another loose end: Britt would kill Gared, getting him out of the way for Duncan
    You may think; but Britt blames Gared for being sent to the wall
    Yes! He does! But like I said earlier they use his crime for cover.
    Since it was Gared there at his crime, he's mad at him because he didn't want to go

So there ye go
    Mystery solved.

• I'm under the impression Britt wasn't sent there to kill Gared specifically, and that the hate he had towards Gared got the better of him to the point where he tried to kill him.

I was also against the idea of Duncan being the traitor nor do I think he is, but if it turns out he is indeed the traitor, there's the potential to make him into one of TellTale's best villains ever.

Ayton_ posted: »

I think it's Duncan for one reason: The traitor is giving info to the Whitehills. Duncan would tell them anything. Including the North G

• Something that I've noticed... I watched the gameplay for if you tell Lady Forrester about the traitor, and she says a couple of things that seem strange to me.

1.) "What about Duncan?": She points him out because in the play-through I watched, he was the one who wasn't chosen as sentinel. That means that if Royland wasn't picked, she's going to throw Royland under the bus. In my mind, that makes it difficult to have either of them be the traitor just because it's something that will change depending on your choices and that won't be consistent enough with the later episodes. What I mean is that (unless no matter who you bring up in the discussion matters which is likely), if you chose Duncan for the sentinel than Royland would be the traitor and vice versa. That's too difficult to put in the game because for the rest of the episodes, you'd have one character gone for the rest of the season but it would change depending on who the traitor was. It has to be the same person no matter who you chose as sentinel.

2.) "It's bad enough having their soldiers in our house. But if you won't be open with me, then our problems run deeper.": This is a strange way to put it for me. Instead of outright saying, I need you to be honest with me, she brings up the influence of the soldiers. Their presence is obvious. It's literally all around you- the destruction that they've caused. Why bring it up? Why bring up multiple times throughout this conversation Gryff, the Whitehills, and then the soldiers? I personally think that it's eating her up inside. It would make it worse for her if she were the traitor, just because she'd have to submit information to them while witnessing all the things that they're doing to her family.

3.) "Then don't kneel.": Another time where she's said to stay up. Thank God in the fight (if you choose to stand no matter what), she doesn't say you made the wrong choice BUT she does say, "There will be consequences, my son. We both know that." She doesn't need to throw in that last part. All she has to say is there will be consequences. She's almost giving too much information with her dialogue, in this scene and the tell-her-there's-a-traitor scene. Perhaps it's a writer's mistake, but it's weird to me.

OH BUT THEN IF YOU DO SUBMIT: She says "You did the right thing, my son. You had to submit." YOU DID THE RIGHT THING! When she tells you to not kneel earlier!

I'm sorry if this all sounds stupid and I've said it multiple times, but there's plenty of evidence right there. Something doesn't add up here. Whether it's just bad character writing between decisions for her or it's that she's the traitor, something's up.

• Major twist: There's more than one traitor.

• I doubt it's him. He's served House Forrester for a while, And he is just too loyal. Also there are a few other things and it is too obvious. He's bat shit insane

choircorgis posted: »

This theory actually makes a lot of sense to me... Anyone else?

• edited May 2015

Alt text

I can't see that happening tbh

rousseau posted: »

Major twist: There's more than one traitor.

• Me neither. But considering the forum chewed away on every other possibility this one would actually be a twist, even if it would stretch things.

I can't see that happening tbh

• I was thinking about random theories and this came to mind.

What if they weren't part of the council? What if it was someone one of the members told, because they trusted them?

Someone kind of in the same position as Malcom but not Malcom for obvious reasons.

But I also believe it's the maester. He seems very suspicious to me.

• ...ETHAN.

Alt text

It would just be my luck if my favorite TTG protagonist was the traitor even from beyond the grave. :v

• Duncan said he didn't trust the Maester with information of the North Grove. The Maester also wanted to give away ALL of the Ironwood. :V He looks the most suspicious to me at this point.

• I feel like I've seen threads like this...

• Lady Forrester could be involved. If you watched the show you would realize that Catelyn Stark freed the Kingslayer (Jaime Lannister) against Robb Starks orders. She freed him in hopes for a trade: Jaime for Arya and Sansa. Maybe Lady forrester has the same mindset as Catelyn stark

I would say the one most likely would be the Maester. Roland doesn't seem the type to be smart enough and he seems loyal. Can't see Lady Forrester betraying her own family to save Ryon. Dark horse I would say would be Duncan.

• Every achievement to end an episode is a position in the house. Hell, either Ep5 or 6's achievement list has "Sentinel" as the end so is that the traitor then? haha

Ryanoo posted: »

Duncans the traitor because on the achievements list it says Castellan? "Castellan is a position granted by a lord to a member of his hou

Sign in to comment in this discussion.