Britt...

How many people were so angry to see Britt at the wall when he showed up. To be honest i would've loved it if he stayed alive longer to build the rilverey (great spelling) but i still enjoyed how ttg pulled it off. but during the fight nearing the end after breaking the spear i wanted to hurt him so much and just enflict so much pain after he killed Gareds family but after i seen what i had done to him i couldn't turn into him. what did you do with Britt.

Comments

• I tried refusing to fight him and ultimately left him to it after chopping his hand. As much as I wanted to kick him off the Wall, I tried to refrain from breaking my vows too much.

Does Finn run off like a little bitch either way?

• I couldn't say Britt's arrival on top of the wall was unexpected. But I remembered Jon's words about cooperating so the moment the doors opened, I basically kept repeating to myself, "Don't hurt him. He's not worth it. Don't hurt him."
    I chose all the options that were most non-violent but apparently in the end no matter what you do, you screw up, Finn sees it and Frostfinger is after your arse.

• edited March 2015

Yep. He does. It's really frustrating. I was just starting to like Finn too. I played it both ways. First playthrough, I tried my damndest not to fight Britt. Finn runs off. Second playthrough, I didn't care and I kicked him off the wall. Finn runs off. That and the scene where Margaery is a witch to you no matter what you do (talk to Tyrion or not, are honest with her or not) were the most frustrating for me. Telltale better make those decisions have different repercussions in the next episode because it's pretty lame to do drastically different things and have the same outcomes.

Alan_ posted: »

I tried refusing to fight him and ultimately left him to it after chopping his hand. As much as I wanted to kick him off the Wall, I tried to refrain from breaking my vows too much. Does Finn run off like a little bitch either way?

• edited March 2015

It seems you get caught no matter what. Might as well get some satisfaction by making him suffer then Leonidas-kick him down the Wall for good measure.

• That's exactly why I chose to walk away: to let him suffer, Arya style. Too bad he died anyway.

Nonoru posted: »

It seems you get caught no matter what. Might as well get some satisfaction by making him suffer then Leonidas-kick him down the Wall for good measure.

• Yeah, I thought so too at first. Only, you don't get that sick enjoyment from mangling his innards.

Which we could get best of both worlds.

That's exactly why I chose to walk away: to let him suffer, Arya style. Too bad he died anyway.

• It pissed me off how blatant the fight was. I figured he'd come at me pretty hard with cruelties and mocking Gared's dead family, and I was prepared to not give in. But nope, the guy just flat out pulls a sword on me cause my family had the audacity of causing him to go to the wall for murdering them (I mean, how evil of my dead family, right?). It's pretty annoying that never once during that already crazy fight you can't just cut off his sword hand or something.

• Thanks a lot!

Kissed him

• I wanted my Gared to be a good guy. I didn't want to kill or hurt Britt, I thought I could just talk to him and he would leave me alone. BUT... when it got right down to it and Gared was basically fighting him with all he had, I went for it. Even made him suffer before kicking him off the Wall.

• Handsome Gared fought perfect.I loved his fight.I beat his hand and hit him in good style.

• I literally said "Oh shit" when I saw him, I had wanted to kill his smug face since we saw him on the farm in Episode 1. Going 300 on his ass and kicking him down the Wall was a great moment of pleasure for me.

• I feel like it was wasted potential. They could have done so much more with the struggle of whether to murder the **** bucket that slaughtered your family or to stay true to your vows.

• I tried to make a fresh start with Britt, after he wanted to fight I decided to knock him around a little just so he'd understand he has no chance. Then the fight didn't stop and I accidently killed him ._.

• I gave him plenty of chances to stop but he didn't so I made him suffer. It will be hard to say it is an accident since he has a sword hole through his guts so maybe that was not such a great idea.

• He has fallen off the Wall. Whatever is left of him won't be a great source of information about what injuries he had. So, I guess, if someone ever finds him, whether you have made him suffer or not won't make a big difference.

I gave him plenty of chances to stop but he didn't so I made him suffer. It will be hard to say it is an accident since he has a sword hole through his guts so maybe that was not such a great idea.

• That would be nice but I'm sure I will get screwed somehow.

Krapinka posted: »

He has fallen off the Wall. Whatever is left of him won't be a great source of information about what injuries he had. So, I guess, if someone ever finds him, whether you have made him suffer or not won't make a big difference.

• According to the fact, that Britt dies regardless of what we choose (jesus, telltale, are you serious? =.=), Gared is screwed no matter what.

That would be nice but I'm sure I will get screwed somehow.

• I told Jon Snow I wouldn't kill him, so I tried everything to stop this damn fight. I didn't like the idea of the game forcing me to kill him in every possible way, and after the episode 4 preview we can already tell that the circumstances of Britt's death don't matter, Gared becomes straight up murderer, doomed to death and having another reason to escape the Wall. Doesn't it feel cheap?

• Exactly how I feel about all of it. I wanted Gared to have his doubts and still be loyal to his house but eventually fully commit himself to his new role as a defender of the realm and spare Britt only because of his vows. I'll be pissed if we won't have a choice to be true to your vows(and yeah I'm starting to feel like we won't). Also, I don't trust Cotter and I don't want to run away with him.

Something else that was sort of odd is that Britt took his vows like 2 hours after he arrived to the Wall. It's supposed to take like 5-6 months(sure I understand that they don't have the luxury to skip few months ahead and it was fine with Gared but damn...Britt became a brother way too fast).

fallandir posted: »

I told Jon Snow I wouldn't kill him, so I tried everything to stop this damn fight. I didn't like the idea of the game forcing me to kill hi

• I tried that fight so many times, just to see if i could back out at any point, or let Britt get most of the licks in so that he is the one who gets in shit, not me.

It doesn't work though, he will just kill you at every opportunity. Which is annoying, im trying to be responsible.

Wolf6120 posted: »

It pissed me off how blatant the fight was. I figured he'd come at me pretty hard with cruelties and mocking Gared's dead family, and I was

• When Gared arrive wall, I wanted him to forget about his former life, House Forrester and the North Grove as quickly as possible. I certainly let his uncle know that... When Britt arrived, he was just an angry jerk, who might made an impact on Gared's former life and when he drew his sword on Gared, I was like: "If that makes you feel like a big boy... just try not to hurt yourself."

• Yeah, I'm guessing that sparing Britt will result only a different option in conversation we're going to have with Frostfinger, before Gared and Cotter leave the Wall anyway. I understand it would be rather hard to split gameplay into "Gared staying loyal to Night's Watch" and "Gared becoming a deserter", but then again, another game in which we're getting tons of meaningless choices. But well, it have to be focused on the North Grove part of the storyline.

Only logical explanation I have about Britt and his accelerated promotion is the way how HBO handled Locke's charater in the TV show. He was a recruit, but the Watch made an exception and let him become brother faster than the others, to find Jon more people for his Craster's quest. Perhaps it was the same with Britt.

Upshaw posted: »

Exactly how I feel about all of it. I wanted Gared to have his doubts and still be loyal to his house but eventually fully commit himself to

• episode 4 preview we can already tell that the circumstances of Britt's death don't matter,

Please don't tell me you believe everything the preview says.

I told Jon Snow I wouldn't kill him, so I tried everything to stop this damn fight. I didn't like the idea of the game forcing me to kill hi

• I don't, but I also don't believe that it could be a lot different than Frostfinger accusing Gared of murder. I bet Snow will want to hear what Gared has to say, and that's the moment when Britt choice affects the certain dialogue, that's all. We can't have Gared locked up in the cell or something if the game wants to expand the North Grove topic.

Though, it would be well played and significant for the players if the Britt decision could somehow affect on how Gared will be remembered at the Wall.

episode 4 preview we can already tell that the circumstances of Britt's death don't matter, Please don't tell me you believe everything the preview says.

• yes. yes he does

Alan_ posted: »

I tried refusing to fight him and ultimately left him to it after chopping his hand. As much as I wanted to kick him off the Wall, I tried to refrain from breaking my vows too much. Does Finn run off like a little bitch either way?

• Yeah, I wish if the fighting last long like 14 minutes, and-- oh yeah I liked the option to kick him and make him suffer ( the brutal way ) I chosen to make him suffer :D

• I was surprised that he was at the Wall, but I was also surprised that I wasn't really angry with him. Back then, I just feel such a strong loyalty to the Night's Watch that I was willing to put away my hatred as long as he stays away from me.

I still enjoyed that Gared completely curb-stomped Britt.

• edited April 2015

I just noticed your reply now, my bad. And the North Grove is a plot forced thing imo, so you will have to go. Maybe how you act towards Finn and what you did to Britt will play a role on how you leave rather than how Gared is remembered? "Make him suffer/kick him off" and if you're a dick to Finn you'll have to escape. "Leave him be" and you're nice to Finn means that something else will lead you away from the Wall.

Oh and -

Doesn't it feel cheap?

No. It's something that has been there since Walking Dead Season 1 (forced to go along with Kenny's boat plan no matter what until Clementine gets kidnapped). Wolf Among Us had it (Toad has to be sent to the Farm despite if you listen to Snow or decide to disobey her). Walking Dead S2 did it a bit better with the multiple endings/locations, but this is a regular Telltale thing.

I don't, but I also don't believe that it could be a lot different than Frostfinger accusing Gared of murder. I bet Snow will want to hear w

• edited June 2017

• I didn't really have any attachment to Gared's family so I was indifferent to him until he attacked me.

• edited April 2015

Well to be honest Margery was pissed at you already so i would'nt really matter wether you talked to him or not

Yep. He does. It's really frustrating. I was just starting to like Finn too. I played it both ways. First playthrough, I tried my damndest

• Britt was just too unstable to last that long. He dosen't not care for the consequences of breaking his vows by killing Gared (if he had managed it) and is openly asshole at every moment. I bet he was just going to Crasters to be the lookout instead of Locke so he could warn Karl.

JazzyTheMan posted: »

I feel like it was wasted potential. They could have done so much more with the struggle of whether to murder the **** bucket that slaughtered your family or to stay true to your vows.

• Well if you "left him" it was self defense and since HE was attacking he TECHNICALY killed himself.

• edited April 2015

You know i always found it funny how Britt was just doing his job and he was STILL sent to the wall. Though i guess it makes sense since it was cold blooded murder and he was never DIRECTLY ordered to kill the family. I like to believe that Gwen or another good whitehill (If there's any left) charged him with murder. That is unless Ludd is only evil towards everyone else and dosen't really like a (possibly) rapist murderer to be a higher up soldier in his ranks. I also like to believe that if you spared the guard (The spear guy) he secretly told them of his torture methods.

He was an unrepentive asshole but in the end i went with my rule of never killing determinants (He has three ways to die so hes determinant). So i left him since that counts as self defence and he technicaly kills himself. Also like you said Gared is better than him he dosent need to lower himself for this asshole.

• edited June 2017

Lord_EAA posted: »

Well if you "left him" it was self defense and since HE was attacking he TECHNICALY killed himself.

• edited April 2015

Me neither i love sparing characters.

Jovoltrot posted: »

• My theory is that he was sent to the wall to spy on/kill Gared. Ludd knows more than he's letting on(maybe).

Lord_EAA posted: »

You know i always found it funny how Britt was just doing his job and he was STILL sent to the wall. Though i guess it makes sense since it

• But then why would say he was banished IN PRIVATE

AdamGoodtme posted: »

My theory is that he was sent to the wall to spy on/kill Gared. Ludd knows more than he's letting on(maybe).

Sign in to comment in this discussion.