Unpopular Opinions Thread - Game of Thrones Edition

Comments

• edited April 2015

I lost a good bit of respect for Jamie when he told Bronn "I want to die in the arms of the woman I love(Cersei)."

Alt text

Harian96 posted: »

Wait, so its unpopular to generally like Jaime Lannister? Because I think he's kind of cool overall (minus the creepy incest with his psycho twin sister).

• How is the show not painful to watch if you hate Tyrion, Dany, AND Jaime?

Gary-Oak posted: »

GAME I do not care for Mira I hope Lady Forrester dies I like Ludd Whitehill Books/Show I hate Tyrion and I want him to die. I want Dany to die a slow and painful death I wanted Joffrey to live I hate Jaime

• edited April 2015

I thought Episode 3 was a fairly weak episode overall.

I also really enjoyed A Feast for Crows.

• I find Ironrath to be a very unrealistic hold, it almost feels like a poor medieval imitation of a modern cabin-mansion. Most Medieval and Westerosi garrisons should have at least 100 men, even if most of the Forrester Host was killed at The Twins.

• edited April 2015

Well Royland did state that a lot of men just left after Ethan's death, so I figure Ironrath did have around 60-70 men even after the Red Wedding.

I find Ironrath to be a very unrealistic hold, it almost feels like a poor medieval imitation of a modern cabin-mansion. Most Medieval and Westerosi garrisons should have at least 100 men, even if most of the Forrester Host was killed at The Twins.

• I like Jon Snow.

How is the show not painful to watch if you hate Tyrion, Dany, AND Jaime?

1. I think Baelish is the best character
    2. I dont really care about Jon Snow
  • Got to love Baelish... the magnificent bastard.

Kruzii posted: »

* I think Baelish is the best character * I dont really care about Jon Snow

• Even worse, he forced someone else to suffer his fate by marring one of the girls, and the guy actually ended up really enjoying the girls company, he really missed out and almost his whole family killed because of it, the damn fool!

Agreed. He is a selfish little twat who got a ton of people killed because he wanted to marry Talisa. Pathetic. Not a lick of honor. It's hard to believe he's Ned's son.

• I hate Ethan so much and I wish his death was even worse than it was.

Meh.

I love the Whitehills.

Agreed.

Ramsay Bolton is a seriously misunderstood character.

Yeah, and Joeffry was a saint, Ned Stark was dishonorable and The Mountain loves ponies and flowers.

I hope Talia dies.

At least somebody agrees with me.

Gared deserves to fall off the Wall.

Besides Rodrick, he's the only other character I enjoy playing as.

Mira is the most developed character.

If it wasn't for the Sansa overpaint, she would be.

I hate Hodor because he's pointless.

Hodor.

Dany is the smartest and best character because dragons.

She is duller then a broken pencil, she has no boobs and her only redeeming factor ARE those dragons.

Tyrion should have died a long time ago.

Can't spell Pimp without the Imp.

Oberyn was irritating and I'm glad he's dead.

Thank you The Mountain Clegane for that. :D

All the Starks were stupid. (I actually kinda mean this one)

Agreed. They didn't really think things through very well.

torkahn808 posted: »

Okay. Game * I hate Ethan so much and I wish his death was even worse than it was. * I love the Whitehills. * Ramsay Bolton is a s

• I hate Stannis, love Dany, Littlefinger is one of my favorite characters, the new Daario is muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch better than the old Daario.

• the new Daario is muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch better than the old Daario.

I agree with this one, anyway. More charismatic and hotter. Can't go wrong. :S

I hate Stannis, love Dany, Littlefinger is one of my favorite characters, the new Daario is muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch better than the old Daario.

• When I saw "Checking for DLC"

Alt text

• I don't particularly like the Martells, with the exception of Oberyn. The entire family is made up mostly of idiots. They haven't succeeded at much yet, and given their track record, that won't change anytime soon. And yet people give the Starks shit for not playing the game well. The Dorne chapters were probably the least interesting part of AFFC and ADWD. They got better later on, but they're just filled with so much wasted potential. And I say this as someone who loved A Feast for Crows.

• Ethan annoyed the hell out of me, I'm glad he died.

I like Ramsay Snow.

I hope the game ends really bad for the Forresters. This is GOT, "if you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention."

• -I don't think Margaery was acting out of character in the game.

-I'm not actually very interested in Asher so far (though I agree he has a very cute smile!).

-I like Daenerys and Stannis a lot, but I actually want Tommen to keep the throne. He's a sweet kid and I think he could make a great king. Especially with Margaery to guide him instead of Cersei.

-Varys is one of my favourite characters (I don't think he's disliked much, but I don't think he really has many fans).

-Tyrion was pretty unpleasant in the books, but I liked him in the show and game.

-I wasn't a fan of Ned Stark. Too black & white in morality. Also the thing with Catelyn and Jon.

-The show has too much rape (mostly in the last season). Some of the consensual scenes in the books were changed to be rape in the show. :/ I know it's referenced a lot in the book (e.g hearing about the mutineers at Craster's keep). But I don't need to see that shit.

• I think you mispelled Hodor

Lingvort posted: »

Yup, exactly. "Honor" failed both him and his father.

• Telltale is breaking my heart for adding good-looking men who turns out to be bad guys and they end up dying.

Damien is an example.

• Hell yeah. Feast was one of the best in the series.

I thought Episode 3 was a fairly weak episode overall. I also really enjoyed A Feast for Crows.

• Agreed, I thought A Storm of Swords and A Dance with Dragons were deadly boring at times, though still good. A Feast for Crows, A Game of Thrones, and A Clash of Kings were the ones that really had me engaged.

Hell yeah. Feast was one of the best in the series.

• Saying that Game of Thrones always has bad endings is a bad stereotype, and saying that you want the game to end really bad for the Forresters just because of the fact it exists in this universe seems like just reinforcing that stereotype IMO, and not giving a whole lot of thinking behind it.

But whatever, it is an "Unpopular Opinions" thread.

Mariana238 posted: »

Ethan annoyed the hell out of me, I'm glad he died. I like Ramsay Snow. I hope the game ends really bad for the Forresters. This is GOT, "if you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention."

• edited April 2015

I ship Asher X Rodrick i_i (i know its wierd but i do)

• It's really a funny stereotype since none of us know how ASOIAF will actually end. :D

Saying that Game of Thrones always has bad endings is a bad stereotype, and saying that you want the game to end really bad for the Forreste

• ._.

I ship Asher X Rodrick i_i (i know its wierd but i do)

• I partly agree partly disagree with your post, but you get a +1 for being a Varys fan :) Conleth Hill is perfect for him, I could watch his sorrowful frown all day.

HeartOfGold posted: »

-I don't think Margaery was acting out of character in the game. -I'm not actually very interested in Asher so far (though I agree he has

• Still better than Rhyona tho...

Pipas posted: »

._.

• No, not really. Asher and Rodrik are brothers for Christ's sake.

Still better than Rhyona tho...

• edited April 2015

XD im so sorry ... i should never posted this XD But btw this is GoT is not that rare...

No, not really. Asher and Rodrik are brothers for Christ's sake.

• George RR Martin has said that one fan has predicted the ending already.

It's really a funny stereotype since none of us know how ASOIAF will actually end.

• I ship Ethan (I'm talking about fanfiction type stories) and Talia because they're not real people so I don't see anything wrong with it.

The incest thing with Jaime and Cersei never really bothered me.

• They're not real people.

No, not really. Asher and Rodrik are brothers for Christ's sake.

• Don't worry, I ship Ethan and Talia, that certainly isn't popular. They're not real people, and incest doesn't really bother me.

XD im so sorry ... i should never posted this XD But btw this is GoT is not that rare...

• I was starting to think that i was a wierdo with an awfull mind...

Don't worry, I ship Ethan and Talia, that certainly isn't popular. They're not real people, and incest doesn't really bother me.

• Compared to all other TT games that have relatively good endings, I want this one to be bad for a change. It being GOT, its the perfect opportunity to do a bad ending. GOT is popular for no one being safe, bad stuff happening, its hardly a stereotype.

Saying that Game of Thrones always has bad endings is a bad stereotype, and saying that you want the game to end really bad for the Forreste

• I'm curious, why would you hate Ethan?

Mariana238 posted: »

Ethan annoyed the hell out of me, I'm glad he died. I like Ramsay Snow. I hope the game ends really bad for the Forresters. This is GOT, "if you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention."

• I don't know if that's an unpopular opinion, but I'll follow it up. I like Oberyn; cool guy - but I despise the Sand Snakes. They do nothing for me. Doran, on the other hand, is one of the most interesting characters. He seems to either geniuinely want peace and quiet, or beats even the likes of Baelish/Varys/Illyrio/Tywin in terms of being calculating and patient. I really like the 'grand Martell scheme' with him at the head of it.

TabbyLover posted: »

I don't particularly like the Martells, with the exception of Oberyn. The entire family is made up mostly of idiots. They haven't succeeded

• I agree. They seemed way too close just to be twins. I feel like there was something between them, especially when reinforced with Ramsay saying, ''just like the Queen and her brother. Well, not exactly like them.''

Don't worry, I ship Ethan and Talia, that certainly isn't popular. They're not real people, and incest doesn't really bother me.

• Even if I'm enjoying it, I find Gared's story the most boring one.
    • There's something in Beskha that I don't trust. I'd choose Malcolm over her thousand times.
    • Daenerys was my favourite character until Daario showed up, then she became an egocentric teen in love who makes stupid decisions. I still like her, but I dislike Daario. (Jorah all the way).
    • I don't think Stannis should sit on the Throne because Melisandre's got too much influence on him. And also 'cause I liked Renly :'(
    • Robb didn't deserve to die but, hey... he should've expected that.
    • I like Sansa's storyline.
    • I don't really care about Dorne and the Martells, with the exception of Oberyn.
  • Am I the only person that is interested in SHOW Dorne Storyline?

• You see, I can't get behind that. If Doran is such a clever guy, then why did he send Oberyn, his hot blooded younger brother who lost his beloved sister, niece, and nephew and wanted revenge like nothing else, to King's Landing? Did he not know that nothing good could possibly have come from that arrangement? I doubt he planned for it to go down the way it did, either. Even Baelish can't think of everything.

And why did he send Quentyn on that trip? Yes, Quentyn definitiely took most of the blame there (what the hell was he thinking?) but Doran should've been a bit more careful there.

And then he sends Nymeria to King's Landing to act as some sort of emissary? After what happened with Oberyn? This certainly will be fun.

Even his original plan for Tywin to see his legacy crumble before him failed. Everything Doran has tried to do has failed in some way. And that trait passes off to his family. Oberyn, cool as he was, fell victim to his own vengeance. Arianne made stupid mistake after stupid mistake and got her lover killed. Quentyn, well, we know what happened there. It doesn't even seem like Doran's learned anything yet. There seems to be at least some expectation that the Martells will come out better than ever when all is said and done, but I certainly don't see it given how things are going.

I don't know if that's an unpopular opinion, but I'll follow it up. I like Oberyn; cool guy - but I despise the Sand Snakes. They do nothing

Sign in to comment in this discussion.