Forum of Thrones: An Interactive Story

Comments

• Bob Ross was a famous painter in the 70s. He has videos on how to paint, and is practically a meme now

Oh I see, thanks for pointing it out, I took him out of the list. The amount of fake characters really starts to piss me off. The character

• Never heard of him, perhaps I should start to google characters before accepting them.

Bob Ross was a famous painter in the 70s. He has videos on how to paint, and is practically a meme now

• [Go and watch the meetingl] [let martin beat him up]

Great chapter!

Drent “STORM KING! STORM KING!”, the soldiers chanted at the top of their voices. Drent Golton didn't join in, instead he simply put his

• Who the hell is this guy?

Ross Bob I gotcha fam sorry, Liquid. but you got trolled

• [Train with Montclair] Get beat up.

[Let Martin beat him up] Take these opportunities.

Drent “STORM KING! STORM KING!”, the soldiers chanted at the top of their voices. Drent Golton didn't join in, instead he simply put his

• [Train with Montclair] [Let Martin beat him up]

• edited April 2015

He was Tender as a mothers love... such a great man

Ross Bob I gotcha fam sorry, Liquid. but you got trolled

• [Train with Montclair] why not?
    [let Martin beat him up] this may get Jaron and Martin valuable information worst case scenario: we hurt someones feelings or piss off the burned man.

• [Train with Montclair]

[Let Martín beat him up] HE CALLED HIM JAREN

AWESOME PART

• [Go and watch the meeting]

[Let Martin beat him up]

• ( train with Montclair )

( stop martin from beating him up)

• Yay! Already loving Jax.

[Train with Montclair]

[Let Martin beat him up]

• [Train with Montclair] Golton will get to impress every whore in Storm's End when he almost beats the Sergent.

[Stop Martin from beating him up] Martin gets no fun. Not until he proves he actually has a squirrel running in that noggin of his.

• [Train with Montclair]

[Let Martin beat him up]

• [Train with Montclair]

[Let Martin beat him up]

• [Train with Montclair]

[Let Martin beat him up]

• {Go to meeting}

• The storm king and co areawesome

{Let the guy beat him up}

• This guy is not worth any trouble, I'd suggest killing him if that was a choice
  • [removed]

• Well i wrote her and it's kinda funny i wrote Alys long ago and i was like "Boleyn is a cool last name", and like, a week ago i watched "The Tudors" for the first time and was banging my head about where have i heard Ann's last name before so it's a cool coincidence haha

Upshaw posted: »

[Try your luck in the forest] Don't trust strangers! Hmmmm Boleyn? Is that a reference to Anne Boleyn who was played by Natalie Dormer(Margaery)? [Go with Philip and Rosalie to the tavern]

• [Train with Montclair]

[Let Martin beat him up]

• [go and watch the meeting]
    [let Martin beat him up]

• [Go and watch the meeting] I hope we'll see Orys Baratheon.

[Let Martin beat him up]

• [Train with Montclair]

[Let Martin beat him up]

• I'm wondering are we ever going to see the character "two face" again? We haven't seen him since Willfred left him with his family.

• Yes, Two-Face will reappear with a much bigger role in Book 2, together with the rest of the characters left in Castamere. There will be a new PoV character in Castamere, as well as their own storyline. There are several characters, not only from Castamere, who won't have a very large role in Book 1, but serve the purpose of introducing storylines that will mainly take place after Book 1. In the end I plan that there will be no character who will simply drop from the story forever after one short appearance, but sometimes their reappearance might take a while.

AgentZ46 posted: »

I'm wondering are we ever going to see the character "two face" again? We haven't seen him since Willfred left him with his family.

• [Train with Montclair]

[Let Martin beat him up]

• [Go and watch the meeting] Sounds more interesting than training :D

[Stop Martin from beating him up] I don't really mind if he gets beaten up but this is just what I feel Jaron would do.

• [Go and watch the meeting]

[Stop Martin from beating him up]

• I think Alys is one :P

[Train with Montclair] [Stop Martin from beating him up] I just don't think Jaron would let him Liquid, I got a question for you, w

• [Train with Montclair]

[Stop Martin from beating him up]

I just don't think Jaron would let him

Liquid, I got a question for you, what's your opinion on minor POVs? at first I hated that GRRM did it but now I think it works really good and I can't see Feast and Dance without them. Have you ever considered writing minor POVs for certain storylines somewhere down the road?

• I think there are so many POVs in this story that some of them surely can be called minor POVs.

[Train with Montclair] [Stop Martin from beating him up] I just don't think Jaron would let him Liquid, I got a question for you, w

• Yeah well I suppose you have a point tho I think they are considered major characters with less screen time and not minor

Minor points of view's sole purpose is to progress certain parts of the story, that's the way they differ from the major ones.

What I really liked about these characters is that they have descriptive titles for the most parts (The Soiled Knight is the best chapter title in the series IMO)

I think there are so many POVs in this story that some of them surely can be called minor POVs.

• Well, it is a bit like WildlingKing said, thanks to the huge amount of PoV's (which is a direct consequence of the huge amount of characters) some PoV's can be considered minor PoV's. However, their involvement in the story won't be as small as Ser Arys Oakheart in Feast for example and I always try my best to give them either a storyline of their own or to give them an important role in an existing storyline. I guess they are more like major characters who sometimes disappear from the storyline for a chapter.

If I make a character a PoV character I make sure that there will be a storyline for them for all the books, or at least until their death. Some of the introduced PoV's have storylines planned up until the end of Book 3. I don't think I'm going to make a character a PoV just for one short chapter or storyline to advance a certain side-plot, unless it means that this particular characters story is over after one chapter. However, many things can change while writing and I'm pretty sure GRRM hasn't planned his minor PoV's when he was starting to write the first book, so it is entirely possible that I decide to write minor PoV's comparable to the ones seen in Feast and Dance in later parts of the story.

• InGen_Nate_KennyInGen_Nate_Kenny Moderator
    edited April 2015

I think the best thing to do is take all your soldier characters and lump them into the Fields of Fire. That should solve a lot of your problems.

I looked it up, so I know what it is. XD

Speaking of characters, are we ever going to get a Wall, Northern, or Dornish POV, maybe even Essos I(Did we have one? I remember Braavos, it was like Ellena's or something.) ? I'd love to see one.

Well, it is a bit like WildlingKing said, thanks to the huge amount of PoV's (which is a direct consequence of the huge amount of characters

• In which place you have less character than the other ones? Essos? Iron Islands? Stormlands?

Well, it is a bit like WildlingKing said, thanks to the huge amount of PoV's (which is a direct consequence of the huge amount of characters

• edited April 2015

Yes , we are. Amelia Dayne in the Dorne , Someone in the wall (a small glismpe in Book 2 Liquid said) and a storyline in Book 3 in the North

Edit: Oh my god , i i put Amelia Dorne instead of Dayne XD

I think the best thing to do is take all your soldier characters and lump them into the Fields of Fire. That should solve a lot of your prob

• And in Essos i think Liquid said to me that it will happen in Book 2

I think the best thing to do is take all your soldier characters and lump them into the Fields of Fire. That should solve a lot of your prob

• These are indeed some of the places where I don't have that many characters yet. However, take that statement with a grain of salt, because 'Not that many characters' doesn't mean much given the amount of characters I have to introduce sooner or later. Essos in particular is my big hope to introduce some of the otherwise pretty much unintroducable characters or some characters who can easily be introduced in Westeros or in Essos, so I like them a bit less crowded than other places. That gives me a bit of space when handling characters who aren't specifically tied to one location or who are either very similar to other characters.

supersagig posted: »

In which place you have less character than the other ones? Essos? Iron Islands? Stormlands?

• edited April 2015

I think the best thing to do is take all your soldier characters and lump them into the Fields of Fire. That should solve a lot of your problems.

Trust me, soldiers aren't even close to be the biggest group of submitted characters, so that doesn't solve any of my problems. But there will be some situations where potentially a lot of characters can die, not only soldiers, so I hope that this will suffice.

Wall, Northern, or Dornish POV, maybe even Essos

Yes, yes, yes and yes. There will be a Wall PoV (though the wall won't be a major location in the story) as well as two planned Dorne PoV's in Book 2. A North PoV will start in Chapter 3 of this Act, albeit the North won't be a major location until Book 2, where another PoV character who will be in the south in Book 1 will travel up there. At the beginning of Book 2, several PoV's will travel to Essos and I have early plans to show the cities of Lys, Volantis and Yunkai in particular detail.

(Did we have one? I remember Braavos, it was like Ellena's or something.)

Ellena is from Braavos, but the city itself wasn't shown so far, only mentioned in her backstory.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.