Official Rhysha Thread (Episode 5 Spoilers)

Comments

• Alt text

Hey. Look on the bright side, Sasha. That robot arm probably has a vibration setting. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• edited April 2015

Thank you! ^,^
    Just done it in case, didn't want to bother anyone. :P

Plus, trying to post on a tablet and the mobile site isn't working out great for me at the moment... X3

Pipas posted: »

Nice picture, N3mo! And the image is not that large, you didn't have to put it under spoiler tag. :P

• How old are you ? No offense or something, this will affect my way of thinking about your drawings.

Thank you! ^,^ Just done it in case, didn't want to bother anyone. :P Plus, trying to post on a tablet and the mobile site isn't working out great for me at the moment... X3

• This looks great! :D Rhys's face after the kiss is awesome xD

• edited April 2015

Alt text

I think I'll put the chapter under a spoiler comment because it might be too long for mobile users. Or you can read it on fanfiction.

Also note not much Rhysha is happening but it'll be there eventually I swear.

• edited May 2015

Well, this sucked.

His worn skag-skin shoes scuffed against the hot rocks that littered the barren landscape, stretching out further than the eye could see. Nothing but a desert wasteland for miles upon miles lay ahead, just waiting to unleash new undiscovered ways to kill him. Heat radiated off his black vest, sticking to his shirt drenched in sweat. He loosened the tie and collar that suffocated his neck and rolled up his sleeve, desperate to feel some cool breeze that might happen by.

"Pick it up, Rhys. We have to keep moving."

Her voice interrupted his personal pity party. He lifted his gaze from the ground to the girl walking in front of him, clutching a shiny Atlas Silver in her hands. Apparently vintage. He didn't really care, all he knew was that it was sending a sun glare into his eyes.

"Would you hold that at a different angle? It's shining into my eyes, and I can't-"

"If you moved faster it wouldn't be in your eyes."

He grunted a faint protest. Of all the people he had to be stranded with. He was never going to win with her.

"Anyways," she continued, "we should find shelter soon."

"What about Fiona and Vaughn?"

"They'll… they'll find us."

Their situation admittedly didn't go as planned. That wasn't saying much, since he recalled his original plan was to "bring the noise." Chased by August and Vasquez and the rest of Vallory's goons, the team had been forced to hastily split up, and Gortys ended up in Fiona's possession. For now, that would send them on her trail, and not his.

"Oh my god, you are so slow," Sasha complained, waving her gun in an encouraging motion. "Stop daydreaming and keep up."

Rhys begrudgingly picked up his pace. At least she trusted him enough now to lag behind her, instead of marching him ahead at gunpoint. Her gun flashed the blinding sunlight into his eyes again, but he kept it to himself.

They continued on under the intense sun. The crackling of gravel accompanied each weary footstep. Rhys never missed that crappy caravan so much.

"We can probably rest by that rock over there," Sasha said as she pointed to a large rock formation that jutted from the horizon. "It'll give us some shade, at least. We'll figure out what to do from there."

Rhys nodded. He was more than happy letting her call the shots.

The hovering Helios station caught his attention, but then again its size was hard to ignore. It was strange, the view of it from here. He was so used to looking down on Pandora, above it all, like nothing could happen. Well, nothing but the cutthroat climb up the corporate ladder. Only now could he see it wasn't a beacon of order. It glowered down on this planet like a ravenous rakk.

"Gettin' homesick, Kiddo?"

"Agh!" Rhys jumped back, stumbling over his own feet. "Stop that!"

"Stop what?" Sasha turned abruptly, readying her gun. "What is it?"

Rhys glared at Jack, who returned a smug grin. "I, uh-"

He couldn't tell her about Jack. Not Sasha, the anti-Hyperion propagandist, the one who hated his corporation with every fiber of her being. He was only just gaining her trust; surely telling her about the hologram of a dead mass-murderer that existed in his head wouldn't help at all.

"It's just the, uh, glare from your gun."

Sasha shot a mean glance. "Fine, if you have such big a problem with my gun, why don't you walk in front of it?"

"Ah no, I'm alright." Rhys bit his lip, keeping himself from saying anything else that might piss her off. She shook her head and turned her back, lowering her gun to her waist. At least it didn't reflect the sunlight anymore.

The three of them approached the rock formation and concealed themselves in a sliver of shade. Sasha walked up to the vertical surface of stone and ran her hands alongside it, circling around its perimeter.

"What's she doing?" Jack asked. Rhys waited, folding his arms and ignoring the question until she returned into view on the other side.

"Rhys, come here! There's a cave around back."

He followed her around the backside of the formation. The earth started to slope down into a wide ditch lined with smaller boulders and dead trees hugging the rock wall. The stone surface gave way to darkness. Indeed, a small cave mouth opened at the bottom of the ditch, easy to miss if no one were looking.

"We can probably take shelter here for a while, until we need to start moving again." She turned and scanned the horizon, straining to see through the sun. "You stay here. I'll go check to see if there's anything out there worth scavenging."

"Wait, you're leaving?" He sounded a little more desperate than he intended.

She flashed a teasing smile. "Are you afraid of being on your own for ten minutes? I'll try to stay in sight, if that makes you feel better."

Rhys shook his head, leaning back. "No, you go ahead, I don't care. Nothing out here I can't handle." Hopefully the cool act would hide his growing embarrassment about the five-year-old treatment.

It didn't.

"Oh, I get it. You're a big boy now," Sasha mocked in a baby voice.

"That's not what I…"

She already started to venture off, denying his defense with a parting smirk. Perhaps that was for the best. His cheeks radiated the same heat his vest did.

"You gonna let that chick burn you, cupcake? Can't say I'm surprised. It is you we're talking about."

Rhys didn't reply. He carefully slid into the ditch, sand rolling under his shoes on the way down.

"Okay, she's gone. You can knock it off with the silent treatment."

Rhys surveyed the mouth of the cave, standing at just about his height. "It's not like I could respond to that."

"Not very good at comebacks, are ya?"

His lip tightened. Nobody was going to give him a break today.

A soft beeping emitted from his hand.

"Yvette?" He opened his cybernetic palm, eagerly awaiting news from Hyperion… and a subject change.

"Rhys! You guys still okay?"

The sight of his old friend on the phone offered him slight comfort. "Define 'okay'."

Yvette furrowed her brow. "You two have been down there way too long. Vasquez is on your tail and it's getting harder and harder to contact you."

"We, uh, ran into some more problems. Vaughn and I got separated and now I'm stranded here in the middle of the desert."

"Again? Are you out there alone?"

"No, no, there's a local, Sasha, with me. I think that's her name."

"You know her name, jackass. You're not fooling anyone." Rhys sighed at Jack's interruption.

Yvette shrugged, "Well, be careful out there. I-"

She glanced over her shoulder before continuing in a hushed tone. "I have your coordinates. I'll try to find a way to send them to Vaughn and send supplies. Just... just stay where you are."

The video turned to static. Yvette's voice was warped beyond recognition.

"Yvette, I can't hear you!" He was starting to worry what happened. "You there?"

Through the fading call, he could barely make out one last message.

"Rhys … off your tracker … after you …"

The call ended. He closed his hand.

"I think she told me to turn off my tracker."

Jack crossed his arms, shaking his head in disappointment. "Figures. The one employee that can get me back to Hyperion can't even get back to Hyperion. Now I'm going to be stuck on this hellhole forever... or until you die or whatever."

Rhys sat down on a boulder near the cave's edge, bending over and letting his arms drape over his knees. "I'll find a way to get back. Once Gortys takes us to that vault –"

"Uh, yeah, except you left Gortys in the hands of that Pandoran bottom-feeder."

"Vaughn's with her at least. He'll make sure they come back for me."

"Oh, right, your little buff friend. Doesn't really seem the persuasive type."

"Her sister's with me too. She's not going to leave her out here."

"Well you better hope they show up before Wallethead and Princess does."

Rhys grumbled, opening his palm again to access and disable his company tracker. "They shouldn't. I don't have Gortys. The only reason they'd chase us now is because Vasquez hates me."

The ditch blocked the view of the desert. He wondered if Sasha was close by.

"And I guess August has a thing for her. Might be another reason." His gaze drifted off, lost in thought.

"Uh, Rhys? Rhysie?" Jack almost whispered, as if anyone else could hear him but Rhys.

"Hm?" He barely acknowledged. Growling began to hum in his ear.

"You might want to run." With that, the hologram disappeared.

Rhys turned his head to face the cave. Two massive shapes began to materialize from the darkness, stepping into the sun, displaying their ugly spines and jaws lined with barbs. Beady eyes locked on him with a glowing hunger.

Skags.

Rhys scrambled to his feet, desperately crawling up the ditch wall. His fingers dug into the loose sand and rough dirt, grasping for a hold of brush to pull him up. The skags followed, sinking their claws into the sand, narrowly missing Rhys' legs while he screamed.

He finally pulled himself out of the ditch, tumbling onto the flat desert floor. His eyes quickly scanned the horizon. Sasha was nowhere to be seen.

"Ahh! Sasha! Sasha help!" He cried as he sprinted further from the ditch. The sound of heavy paws pursued. There was no way he was going to outrun them.

He spotted a protruding angled boulder standing nearby, offering his only chance of refuge. Rhys ran up the steep slope of the rock, slipping every few steps, avoiding the snapping jaws that were closing in. At the top and with nowhere left to go, he jumped off the rock's edge, dropping a few feet and landing hard on the sand below.

The shadow of a skag cast over him as he squinted up into the sun. The creature's dark silhouette was standing at the top of the boulder where he had just been, peering out into the wasteland ahead in search of moving prey. Rhys pressed his body against the boulder and held his breath, clutching the handle of his stun baton. As long as the skag didn't hear him or notice him below its feet, he might not be lunch just yet.

Crack.

He lifted his foot, finding a broken bone underneath. The skag twisted his head to the noise.

His heart dropped in his chest. Lunch was still on.

Suddenly, the ground shook beneath him. Faint sounds of ripping and roaring rapidly grew until they became almost deafening, drowning out the skag's growls. Rhys clung to the boulder as screaming tires launched from its top, flying through the air and taking the unsuspecting skag with them. Its blood splattered onto Rhys' face and clothes.

The skag was now plastered onto the grill of a bandit car, its limp body dangling as the car proceeded to make figure 8s in the sand and kick up thick clouds of dust. A party of psychos and bandits hollered inside of it, shooting into the air and laughing as they gained speed. The second skag chased after the car, seemingly abandoning its previous hunt.

Rhys caught a breath of relief, watching the commotion unnoticed from a safe distance. Lunch was cancelled after all. The bandit car sped off in the direction it came, a whimpering skag following behind it. He could barely make out a red "M" painted on the side.

He patted the dust and blood of his clothes best he could. "See?" He told himself, putting his fists confidently to his hips. "There's nothing you can't handle."

Rhys no sooner took a step away from the boulder before he stopped in his tracks, staring down the barrel of a loaded gun.

LoseMyHome posted: »

I think I'll put the chapter under a spoiler comment because it might be too long for mobile users. Or you can read it on fanfiction. Also note not much Rhysha is happening but it'll be there eventually I swear.

• I'm not surpised Rhys has a diary lol.

I think I'll put the chapter under a spoiler comment because it might be too long for mobile users. Or you can read it on fanfiction. Also note not much Rhysha is happening but it'll be there eventually I swear.

• It's more just for title's sake. It's both in Rhys and Sasha's point of view. Not much actual diary keeping is happening haha

I'm not surpised Rhys has a diary lol.

• Pretty good.

I like the suspense at the end.

• edited April 2015

One thing you should know about me is that I'll end a chapter on a cliffhanger at least 80% of the time

Pretty good. I like the suspense at the end.

• Lil' Rakky and Bottie

Pipas posted: »

What about Rakk Hive, guys? Did you guys already forget about it? ;_;

• I swear I'm a part of this thread I just forget to comment on things

• I tend to change my gravatar every week or so, just send me the RHYSHA image and i'll add it in myself.

GrumpyDof posted: »

You don't have your rhysha....want a rhysha ? hmmmm ?

• This is lovely! Rhys is definitely better off without Hyperion! >.<

Leluch123 posted: »

Little something I wrote since I had a minute or two, sorry for grammar and spelling mistakes in advance On the way to Old Haven Rhys

• edited April 2015

I'm 16. This was just quick, so maybe could do a bit better if I spent more time on it. I don't know.

Still trying to improve though. :)

How old are you ? No offense or something, this will affect my way of thinking about your drawings.

• Wow that's some suspense I can't wait for next chatper.

• Here's a GIF for a change.

Alt text

• Hahaha, I remember this gif with Luke and Jane. :D

Here's a GIF for a change.

• You darn dastardly devil dude, you.

One thing you should know about me is that I'll end a chapter on a cliffhanger at least 80% of the time

• To be honest that'd be really kind of them, Shade would get to watch over something and it wouldn't die over dehydration. (I'm sorry that just sounds cute.)

Shade ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• Alright, good attitude right there :)

I'm 16. This was just quick, so maybe could do a bit better if I spent more time on it. I don't know. Still trying to improve though.

• edited April 2015

Can you change the color without me?

Alt text

I tend to change my gravatar every week or so, just send me the RHYSHA image and i'll add it in myself.

• Yep, thanks :)

Can you change the color without me?

• Always room for improvement. :P

Alright, good attitude right there

• Let me tag you then !

Alt text

I swear I'm a part of this thread I just forget to comment on things

• Awesome! great work

Here's a GIF for a change.

• Hey guys, I haven't been contributing to the thread very much lately, but I tried to write a fanfiction! English is not my native language, but I think it's readable and I hope you will enjoy it :)

It was a quiet night, with moon barely getting through the clouds. Rhys was driving the van through the wastelands, focused on the road, sometimes glimpsing to the sides to check if there was anything there. After all, in Pandora there’s always something. Most of the time, ‘something’ tries to kill you and eat your intestines. Or just kill you. Nevertheless, it sucks. If you’re not careful, you will die.

Rhys had more reason to remember that than anyone else. Hyperion surely isn’t wanted in Pandora, and his beautiful jacket attracted problems wherever inhabitants of this crazy planet saw him. Working for Hyperion filled him with pride – he’s the man, he works with the best company ever, he can do whatever he likes. However, on Pandora, that feeling started to sink. Not very much to be proud about when you’re lying with a bullet in your head.

The things Hyperion has done to this place haven’t done anything good too. Rhys wasn’t even aware of half of it, and now he understands why the people here hate them so much. Hell, even his new so-called friends had a hard time trusting him…

Speaking of it, one of them has opened her eyes. Sasha. The younger sister, the gun-wielding younger sister. Rhys didn’t trust Fiona one bit, since she always looked like she was hiding or not saying something. Sasha, even though she had a sharper tongue and a hotter temperament, was the one Rhys would trust if it came down to it…

‘Boo!’ unexpected words teared through the silence.

Rhys gasped, turning the wheel drastically to the side.

‘God damn it… god damn it, Sasha, that’s not funny.’ Rhys returned the wheel to it’s normal position, while trying to keep a low voice.

‘Thought you could use a good wake-up call, Mr. Half-Robot’ she replied, giggling. ‘After all, it’s us you’re driving, and I don’t want you sleeping behind the wheel.’

‘I wasn’t sleeping. I’m in this too, remember?’ Even though a bit angry, Rhys was thankful for it. His mind was drifting away bit by bit, and he really was tired.

‘Oh, I remember it too well. Still think I should have thrown you out the door when I had the chance.’ She grinned, sitting near Rhys, rubbing her eyes.

‘It’d be your loss, really. How would you manage without such a great individual as myse… Ouch!’ Rhys rubbed the shoulder where Sasha punched him. ‘What was that for?’

‘For being a narcissistic Hyperion salesman, or whatever you do out there.’ Sasha’s gaze drifted through the window. ‘Really though, what do you do there? You never ventured into the details.’

Rhys took some time before answering.

‘Well, apart from being awesome… Hey, don’t give me that look! Anyway, I do lots of things. I strike deals, I do some programming, but mainly I do whatever is asked of me. See, I’m not the biggest fish in the pond.’

‘Yeah… You never are.’ Sasha sighed deeply. ‘Same is here. If you think you’re the best around and carry the biggest weapon, you’re going to rest in the dust soon enough. That’s why I hate this place. We must fight for the little bits, while some big men take what they want.'

‘What about Vault Hunters? They seem pretty fine, from what I’ve heard.’ Rhys risked to take a look at Sasha, and was surprised – moon was shining on her face, lighting her beautiful features – sharp cheeks, beautiful green eyes, narrow, but somehow seductive lips…

‘Hey! Eyes on the road, jackass!’ Sasha definitely noticed his look. ‘Were you… were you watching me?’

Rhys couldn’t dare turn turning his head again, but he could swear she blushed.

‘Umm, I think you have… something on your… for… forehead.’ Rhys managed stuttering.

Sasha turned around, wiped at her forehead a few time and turned back.

‘So, Vault Hunters? Well, until our little adventure I haven’t really met them in person. They hang around Sanctuary mainly, and we do our best to avoid them. After all, they could slice us up like butter.’ Sasha took a minute of silence, before speaking again. ’Wait, don’t they hate Hunters up in there? Why do you say they’re fine?’

‘Uhh, I have… I have my sources. Let’s just say I don’t believe everything Hyperion says.’

‘Huh, now that’s a surprise. I thought you were their puppet without any brain-power.’ She grinned again.

‘Atleast I don’t live down here with psychos and filth.’ Rhys tried to make it sound playful, but as he noticed Sasha’s smile go away, he knew he failed miserably. ‘Hey, I didn’t mean it…’

‘Tell me, where is it better – to live with filth down here, or with assholes and psychopaths up there?’ Sasha asked fiercely.

Rhys took a deep breath. ‘I didn’t want to say it like that, it just…’

‘Don’t bother, Hyperion man. I’m going back to sleep now.’ Sasha got up, stretched and went back to her bed.

Rhys punched himself in his mind, multiple times. Even kicking was involved. He felt so stupid for making such a dumb mistake in words. Usually he had a way with them, but now he just stumbled over his own tongue.

Rhys was never the one who would like to hurt people, even if they were assholes. Except Vasquez, but he doesn’t count. Plus, she was his one of three allies here, and without friends on this planet, you will die. Especially with a Hyperion jacket.

After a few hours of boring driving, the sun started to rise and Rhys noticed something. This time, ‘something’ was three cars, lined to block the road. He started to turn the wheel to avoid them and go around them when he saw a man with a… what was that shiny thing in his hands?

When their tire exploded, it was pretty clear that it was a gun. And they were in trouble.

• Nicely done, can't wait for next chapter.

armis37 posted: »

Hey guys, I haven't been contributing to the thread very much lately, but I tried to write a fanfiction! English is not my native language,

Leluch123 posted: »

Nicely done, can't wait for next chapter.

• edited May 2015

This thread is hot.. but...

I think August and Sasha should be together instead...

Alt text

• Alt text

MasterStone posted: »

This thread is hot.. but... I think August and Sasha should be together instead...

• pls

This thread is hot.. but... I think August and Sasha should be together instead...

• k.

• Wow, what started out as a troll reply actually isn't that trolly now that I think of it.

YEP THEY'D GET SHADE TO DO IT

Dapnee posted: »

To be honest that'd be really kind of them, Shade would get to watch over something and it wouldn't die over dehydration. (I'm sorry that just sounds cute.)

• i was gone for like a week when did this become fanfic central

• Some urban art guys

Alt text

Alt text

Sign in to comment in this discussion.