Invitation to Highpoint Speculation

So in Episode 3's "Next Time On", we see Rodrik talking about an invitation to Highpoint. In a recent tease from Kevin, we see Rodrik talking to Royland in a setting that doesn't look like Ironrath as well as a Whitehill banner in the back.

Alt text

So do you think we will go to Highpoint, and what do you think will happen there?

Comments

• edited May 2015

It would be a hard decision for me to bring Royland or not. If he stays, it puts your life in danger when going to Highpoint. if he comes with you, Gryff will have full reins of your family and Ironrath.

• I think this specific scene is before they enter Highpoint's main hall and face Lord Whitehill. We can see that Rodrik has a regular sword sheathed to his left hip (not the Greatsword of his father) and considering he's right-handed, it suggests his leg has fully healed as he can't wield a sword and hold a walking stick at the same time. Not to mention his face has scabbed over further since Episode 3 and the cut on his nose is completely gone.

As for the dialogue options, Royland's presence makes sense. Regardless of who your sentinel is, Royland will come and Duncan will stay; Duncan is the Castellan and this means he takes control of Ironrath while the Lord is at war or on a diplomatic mission. I'd rather have Duncan in charge as I can trust him to keep the peace while Rodrik isn't around, and hopefully he'll keep Talia safe.

I imagine the dialogue options are "Follow my lead" and "Stay calm, Royland" if this is before they enter the great hall of Highpoint. Rodrik's the lord so it makes sense for him to instruct them, and Royland's notorious temper could get them into trouble.

• Gryff's only there to keep the Forresters in line. So long as they're obedient to him (Which I expect Duncan, Ortengryn and Talia to be for the most part), there probably won't be much trouble. Leaving Royland seems more dangerous as he might go behind the Lord's back and cause trouble while he's away.

It would be a hard decision for me to bring Royland or not. If he stays, it puts your life in danger when going to Highpoint. if he comes with you, Gryff will have full reins of your family and Ironrath.

• I don't think we will see some/most of the Whitehill children due to leading the Whitehill troops in Roose's army.

• I'm hoping to see at least one. He could be the Castellan like Ramsay is the Castellan of the Dreadfort.

I don't think we will see some/most of the Whitehill children due to leading the Whitehill troops in Roose's army.

• edited May 2015

Granted they'd probably just reuse the clothes Gryff has on and the head would be some sort of rehash of Ludd's, but pretty much every male character is a rehash of the same basic model :P

Well, I don't think they would have a very detailed model to be honest.

• Well, I don't think they would have a very detailed model to be honest.

JakeSt123 posted: »

I'm hoping to see at least one. He could be the Castellan like Ramsay is the Castellan of the Dreadfort.

• He is working on epsiode 4? YESSSS.

• Are they leading the Whitehill troops in Roose's army right now though? It seems like Highpoint is well guarded right now, otherwise there would be no need for the Glenmore alliance or Asher's army.

And I hope to at least hear about one of the siblings. If they died during the War of Five Kings, Ludd or Gwyn can bring it up in passing or something.

I don't think we will see some/most of the Whitehill children due to leading the Whitehill troops in Roose's army.

• I imagine Royland and Rodrik are about to meet Lord Whitehill and Royland says something like "how should we go about this?" and their planning on how to handle the meeting or maybe their planning something completely different given the presence of Rodrik's sword he probably expects a fight to break out.

• Could be like Littlefinger and Ned Stark, right before he goes to talk to Cersei right before his capture. Royland = traitor confirmed? :P

AgentZ46 posted: »

I imagine Royland and Rodrik are about to meet Lord Whitehill and Royland says something like "how should we go about this?" and their plann

• I'm curious on what the invitation is actually for though.

Ever since Ludd was brave enough to cast aside a direction order from Ramsay, I had a feeling that he would try to do something to bring down Rodrik. Maybe this is it? Bring him into Highpoint, kill him, and leave Gryff to lead Ironrath with no problem.

I could be reaching here, but I'm just thinking for the worst. It could be a lot of other things too. Possibly an Elaena and Gryff marriage, or based on your previous decisions they bring you there to make you watch them kill Ryon (again, I could be reaching. I'm not the best at predictions).

• :O please no... Royland is my favourite council member and I'm definitely seeing the comparison you're making.

Could be like Littlefinger and Ned Stark, right before he goes to talk to Cersei right before his capture. Royland = traitor confirmed? :P

• Now that I think about it this invitation is a good opportunity to talk with Gwyn and make plans for peace behind Ludd's back.

• edited May 2015

All I know for sure is that by the end of this episode, Ryon will be safe or dead. I'm not looking forward to seeing what they've done to him - something humiliating, most likely.

• While it wouldn't be past Ludd to attempt to murder his guests after giving them bread and salt, it would be a pretty dumb move. At least the Freys could claim to have around 4,000 men, be situated on a vital point along a major river, have a huge number of members, be quite wealthy, have the backing and approval of the crown (or rather, Tywin), and have plenty of hostages to prevent the Northern and Riverlords from kicking their asses all at once. The Whitehills don't have any of that, and they'd lose any support they had. Roose wouldn't mind turning his back on them after that, and the other Northern houses and clans around would love to tear the Whitehills apart the first chance they got. That is if Ludd's plan didn't go askew and he and his household ended up getting killed for their attempts at being like Roose. Ludd doesn't have any of the cunning Roose does, though he sure would like to think so.

As for a Whitehill-Glenmore marriage, I could see Elaena marrying one of Ludd's older sons. Maybe the first or the secondborn. But not Gryff. He's the fourthborn, and isn't going to inherit anything anytime soon. Lord Glenmore wouldn't waste a marriage on the fourthborn of some small house, and Ludd doesn't care enough about Gryff to go through with such a thing, either.

I'm curious on what the invitation is actually for though. Ever since Ludd was brave enough to cast aside a direction order from Ramsay,

• It's probably going to be a trap or some kind of bargain. Either way, it will involve Ryan. IF you're obedient to the Whitehills, they might offer to give you Ryon back if you do something for them. If you were defiant, they might kill him and make you watch as punishment.

• Bad feelings about this. It's clearly a trap, and judging from his actions so far Ludd will try to make us his dogs. I feel like we're screwed either way and Royland will die, maybe even Rodrik. I'm so conflicted about this because I want to walk on and spit in his face but they have a hostage... maybe we can take a hostage while there?

• Who can Rodrik take as a hostage? The whitehills only got a Forrester ward because the Boltons gave him to them if the Forresters take someone I don't think the Boltons are going to ignore it.

Bad feelings about this. It's clearly a trap, and judging from his actions so far Ludd will try to make us his dogs. I feel like we're screw

• TabbyLover posted: »

While it wouldn't be past Ludd to attempt to murder his guests after giving them bread and salt, it would be a pretty dumb move. At least th

• But that would mean your choices have real consequences.

It's probably going to be a trap or some kind of bargain. Either way, it will involve Ryan. IF you're obedient to the Whitehills, they might

• Given Ryon's age, he probably won't be THAT important to the story, so it will only have an effect on a particular segment of the episode, and perhaps Lady Forrester will have a different attitude toward you later on.

But that would mean your choices have real consequences.

• Talia

obedient

LMAO

Gryff's only there to keep the Forresters in line. So long as they're obedient to him (Which I expect Duncan, Ortengryn and Talia to be for

• The thing is the Whitehills aren't without backing.

From the sound of it, they have one of the largest armies for a minor House in the North, hence why we need Asher's army or the Glenmore alliance. Also, they have the favor of Roose Bolton. If they feel endangered by numerous Houses, they can call upon him to help. (this can also be taken as a bad situation for the Forresters, but the thing is Ludd would most likely rise to the challenge of all out war between the two. He probably wouldn't call on Roose to help them then).

And we don't know anything about the other Whitehill children. Chances are Gryff could be the direct heir, since the others could have died during the War of the Five Kings.

TabbyLover posted: »

While it wouldn't be past Ludd to attempt to murder his guests after giving them bread and salt, it would be a pretty dumb move. At least th

• edited May 2015

I hope Gwyn can prevent them from doing anything, but I still wouldn't put it past them to have done something to him.

All I know for sure is that by the end of this episode, Ryon will be safe or dead. I'm not looking forward to seeing what they've done to him - something humiliating, most likely.

• edited May 2015

I don't think they'll have done anything serious, but I can see him having a black eye or a couple of cuts from where he's been knocked about. Based on his attitude in Episode 1 he seems like he'll grow up to have Asher's temper, and that might mean he disobeys the Whitehills just enough for him to get on their nerves.

I hope Gwyn can prevent them from doing anything, but I still wouldn't put it past them to have done something to him.

• Was it ever stated how many men the Whitehills could field? I wouldn't imagine they could field a huge number. Somewhere in the hundreds is likely.

And I doubt Gryff is the heir to Highpoint. If so, he probably would've been addressed as such. He seems like he wants to prove himself, and if he's the heir, then he would have no need to. Furthermore, it would appear to me that Ludd sent Gryff partly because he expects him to be killed, so therefore he'd have an excuse to go to war. He wouldn't send his only male heir to a situation like that.

The thing is the Whitehills aren't without backing. From the sound of it, they have one of the largest armies for a minor House in the No

• I don't think they'll kill him. However it would be likely they still refuse to give Ryon back if you were defiant.

The only reason I think them killing Ryon is a possibility is Ramsay's line "kill him if they give you any trouble." Lord Whitehill seems like he's all bark and no bite, and doesn't strike me as someone who would kill a seven-year-old boy, but I guess I'll play it safe either way.

It's probably going to be a trap or some kind of bargain. Either way, it will involve Ryan. IF you're obedient to the Whitehills, they might

• that's actually pretty not accurate.
    Talia ain't obedient

Talia obedient LMAO

• Talia is thug life.

that's actually pretty not accurate. Talia ain't obedient

• edited May 2015

for the most part

She's not stupid, either. If Rodrik and Royland aren't around, she'll more than likely keep to herself.

Talia obedient LMAO

• edited May 2015

Alt text

I mean, Ludd probably won't be like 'Ok, let's talk this all out like reasonable people and agree upon a good deal for both parties.', he'll be like 'F*cking Forresters, now that I have you where I wanted you I will burn my entire castle to the ground just so I can watch you burn and be sure you're dead, if you don't die I will friggin stomp your head in like a bug!'

• Lord Whitehill is all talk. He'll just throw a couple of insults our way, taunt us with Ryon, make us feel under pressure but never actually do anything physical.

I mean, Ludd probably won't be like 'Ok, let's talk this all out like reasonable people and agree upon a good deal for both parties.', he'll

• Let's hope so

Lord Whitehill is all talk. He'll just throw a couple of insults our way, taunt us with Ryon, make us feel under pressure but never actually do anything physical.

• I'm more concerned about what Gryff will do at Ironrath while we're away O_O

Let's hope so

• edited May 2015

Damn I can see it now

Asher, Mira, and Ryon are all really close and similar

Rodrik and Talia are all close and similar

Poor Ethan was the outlier

I don't think they'll have done anything serious, but I can see him having a black eye or a couple of cuts from where he's been knocked abou

• Fair enough about the male heir part, I guess that's true. And I figure they may have around 100-150 men? Beskha told Croft they need 100 of his men, so I'm guessing they have the same amount.

TabbyLover posted: »

Was it ever stated how many men the Whitehills could field? I wouldn't imagine they could field a huge number. Somewhere in the hundreds is

• edited May 2015

Yeah, that's my concern too. Hopefully we can -

a) bring Talia with us so she doesn't get hurt

b) Gryff comes with us so there is just the Whitehill men

c) leave Duncan in charge there. I trust him more than Royland to not piss them off

I'm more concerned about what Gryff will do at Ironrath while we're away O_O

• You mean you didn't get it? I quoted his words that Talia is obedient, and said LMAO - Laughing my ass off

that's actually pretty not accurate. Talia ain't obedient

• I would actually feel better having Duncan with me at Highpoint, (half of the reason is because I chose him as sentinel) but I suppose it would be better to leave him in charge of Ironrath while at Highpoint with Royland.

But, what are the chances that Ramsay will also be there? And if he is, what's he mostly likely to do?

I think this specific scene is before they enter Highpoint's main hall and face Lord Whitehill. We can see that Rodrik has a regular sword s

Sign in to comment in this discussion.