The Ending I Want

Mira and Asher return home both leading quite an impressive amount of numbers. The Whitehills (Ludd and Gryff) are eating bread and salt bragging about what they've done. Much to their surprise Rodrik and his ten men have had it and begin an all out assault onto the Whitehill men and raise the gates then Mira, Asher and company rush in. The Whitehill men are prevailing however Asher and Gryff have an ultimate show down with Gryff being skinned and gutted by Asher's blade. The winds change and its now the Forresters who have the numbers as Rodrik beats Whitehill with his cane but before delivering the final blow Whitehill falls over. Elissa, Talia, Royland, Duncan, Asher and Mira hold Whitehill down as Rodrik says:

"I'm going to fuck you into the dirt"

Alt text

Alt text

Later on with the mass amount of people and more hands to assist with ironwood production and the fall of the Whitehills, The Boltons sends Vargo Hoat to inspect and upon finding out the Whitehill's defeat and aligning with The Forresters to be a lucrative move we will be given the option to supply ironwood for the Boltons and be their sworn bannerman.

Comments

• Alt text

I actually want to play as the Whitehills. They are a very unique house in The North

• ....Okay then....sure

• No, just no.

• How exactly are they unique?

I actually want to play as the Whitehills. They are a very unique house in The North

• Well a chance to play as a House that is trying to conquer is an interesting idea for a storyline, I can see that view of thinking.

Lingvort posted: »

How exactly are they unique?

• edited May 2015

This sums up my reaction perfectly:

Alt text

At first I was like "Yeah, having a giant final showdown would be great" and then everything went to shit, so much that I was wondering if I had misread or something.

So in the end, hell no.

• Yeah, but how is it in any way unique?

Well a chance to play as a House that is trying to conquer is an interesting idea for a storyline, I can see that view of thinking.

• As far as the House itself, I don't think they're unique in anyway. But for storytelling abilities, it can be taken as unique.

Yeah, but how is it in any way unique?

• Now who will make the game where we are the oppressive force?

As far as the House itself, I don't think they're unique in anyway. But for storytelling abilities, it can be taken as unique.

• I think they're unique also, but I can see how you can't really tell without diving into it.

For starters, they keep to the seven. Almost all Northerners keep to the Old Gods. Obviously not all, but those who worship the seven, drowned god, red god, etc. are far in the minority.

Also, they are one of the very few houses that are not devastated by the loss of Robb Stark. They simply saw it as their opportunity to finally gain power since they've been so loyal to the Boltons (who are now the wardens of the North, obviously.)

Another great reason is that two of the three actual Whitehills we've seen so far have at least a little bit of depth to them. Ludd is an extremely flat and horribly written character (at least right now, maybe he'll get some depth in this second half of the season,) but Gryff and Gwen are actually really interesting and good foil characters for each other.

Yeah, but how is it in any way unique?

• edited May 2015

WTF is this? Started okay, but eh.. WOW. I lost my train of thought reading this post. So here you go -

Alt text

1. Manderlys worship the Seven, but you've addressed that in your own post.

2. We can't account for every house, since it wasn't directly shown, not to mention that their reaction is simply in line with the Bolton one.

3. Not the best argument for uniqueness. There are several characters with at least a little bit of depth, but somehow they don't get mentioned.

I think they're unique also, but I can see how you can't really tell without diving into it. For starters, they keep to the seven. Almost

• You make a fair argument for my third point, and you're right in the fact that they just happen to be one of the few shown to be aligned with the Boltons--but I think that is a point within itself. Even just the fact that they are one of the few who are actually agreeing with the Boltons makes them interesting in my opinion.

Don't get me wrong, I prefer playing as the Forresters... I was merely stating that in my opinion they aren't like every average house in the North. Although I guess in ASOIAF, or in this case Game of Thrones, everything is unique in its own way.

* Manderlys worship the Seven, but you've addressed that in your own post. * We can't account for every house, since it wasn't directly s

• I wasn't really arguing with you, just pointing out why I don't think Whitehills are unique. Well, somewhat unique, but not quite.

You make a fair argument for my third point, and you're right in the fact that they just happen to be one of the few shown to be aligned wit

• "I'm going to fuck you into the dirt"

Alt text

• Well...........

The ending was the best part.

Liked and subscribed.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.