Erik

You guys know Erik; the guy you have to punish in Iron From Ice by sending him to the Wall, taking three fingers or letting him off.

My point is that we've all seen the consequences of sending him to the Wall, but if - like me - you took three fingers or had mercy you never see him again. I know it's a bit unimportant in regards to the story, but does anyone else feel a little bit salty? The outcome (or lack thereof) for two of the options makes it seem like there's a 'correct' choice of what to do with him and I don't feel like any of the 'major' choices at the end-of-episode screen should feel like that.

It would've been nice to see him in some of the crowd scenes of Rodrik's story if you didn't send him to the wall. He doesn't even need to speak, just look moody if you cut his fingers off, or happy if you had mercy. Maybe he could've filled that other random soldier's role when Rodrik is wheeled in on the corpse cart, or we could see him fighting in a later episode when a battle inevitably breaks out.

Minor thing, I know, but what are you guys' thoughts on this?

Comments

• edited May 2015

I sent him to the wall, but I didn't see a cameo or appearance of him. I wonder what happened to him...he might even got killed...I dunno.

• Erik appear in the wall before train you can see him and ask him if you go up the stairs

• I only know about how he is seen at The Wall while doing some training and receiving assignments, since I sent him there. But, if he's really not seen anywhere inside Ironrath, than that's a pity. It'd be nice if he did make some cameo appearances there, and talks to Rodrik about how Ethan showed him mercy or how he/Royland cut his fingers off.

• The game isnt finished yet....

• He was at the Wall in Episode 2 on the balcony while Gared is training. He also got assigned to a station in Episode 3.

Killah posted: »

I sent him to the wall, but I didn't see a cameo or appearance of him. I wonder what happened to him...he might even got killed...I dunno.

• Ah, 'Kay got it.

He was at the Wall in Episode 2 on the balcony while Gared is training. He also got assigned to a station in Episode 3.

• I know, that's why I considered this as a possibility:

we could see him fighting in a later episode when a battle inevitably breaks out.

The game isnt finished yet....

• edited May 2015

It'd be cool to see the big battle break out in Ironrath and see Erik fighting or fleeing depending on what you did to him.

• After what Erik did even if you show mercy I can't see him still being a soldier.

• What telltale could've done was that if Erik was harshly punished, more Forrester men are present, if he was sent to the wall, some men will be seen, and not much men if he was freed.

• That's a pretty good idea

What telltale could've done was that if Erik was harshly punished, more Forrester men are present, if he was sent to the wall, some men will be seen, and not much men if he was freed.

• Prince Lawrence 2.0

• Killah posted: »

Ah, 'Kay got it.

• In my game Erik lost three of his fingers. If I were him, I would leave Ironrath for good or at least try to avoid all those people who despise/hate/curse me because of the crime I've commited. I would also need the time for my wounds to heal, so it could be the reason of why Erik is not around anymore.

• Did you cut off the fingers yourself fallandir? I did, because Ned's Stark quote came to me for some reason xD

Alt text

fallandir posted: »

In my game Erik lost three of his fingers. If I were him, I would leave Ironrath for good or at least try to avoid all those people who desp

• Me too. :)

Also, another quote came to me. Kill the boy. Kill the boy and the let the man be born. I wanted to drive home that Ethan can't be a boy anymore because he is the lord.

Did you cut off the fingers yourself fallandir? I did, because Ned's Stark quote came to me for some reason xD

• Erik actually saves everyone no matter which choice you pick, and for his bravery he is rewarded by sitting on the Iron Throne!!!

Alt text

• Sure thing Shubb, I did it myself. It's my favourite quote from lord Stark. It shows how severe is the real north justice.

Did you cut off the fingers yourself fallandir? I did, because Ned's Stark quote came to me for some reason xD

• Alt text

Tyranitar posted: »

Prince Lawrence 2.0

• A Dream of Spring ending confirmed

Erik actually saves everyone no matter which choice you pick, and for his bravery he is rewarded by sitting on the Iron Throne!!!

• Nice

Lewsblake23 posted: »

Click here

Sign in to comment in this discussion.