What are your thoughts on Lady Margaery?

.....After Episode 3? :D

Does she have any wicked plans? Is she gonna be rude from now on? Will she give you hell? Is she going to depart you from King's Landing?

Your call! Discuss it here!

Comments

• After Episode 3: Screw you bitch.

• She likes to question everything I do.

So, since she's replacing me, I don't give a fuck about her anymore.

• Margaery is awesome. I'm not really mad about her getting mad me I'm more "well I'm screwed now"

• She's a bitch but damn... she's hot.

• No offense, but not for me :p

She's a bitch but damn... she's hot.

• Reminds me of a song......

"I don't fuck with you" by Big Sean
    XD

She likes to question everything I do. So, since she's replacing me, I don't give a fuck about her anymore.

• But you're right about her being a bitch :)

She's a bitch but damn... she's hot.

• She's freaking hard to please.

• Well, it is difficult to receive her support and when she is angry, she is really scary. I'd say. if she is pushed to it, she can be just as ruthless as Cercei.

• Didn't like her in the books, didn't like her in the game.

• Self serving at best... I don't like the Tyrells at all, just a bunch of opportunists.

• I can't blame her for what she did in Episode 3. She is a major game player, and the needs of a handmaiden shouldn't come in the way of that. I know it's cruel but it's how it works in Westeros tbh

Oh, and she's hot.

• While I don't necessarily like how she has been treating mira lately, I understand why she's acting this way. She's trying to get what she wants and survive too, and mira can jeopardize that.

That said I'm not going to go out of my way to please her anymore, I'll just be sure to show her loyalty when she needs me to.

• I like her. She's shrewd and intelligent, and plays the political game well. Unlike Cersei, her game involves helping the lower classes in King's Landing, which also makes me like her. Cersei's idea of political strategy is just shitting on everyone. I was disappointed in her general unhelpfulness (after that first time) and I wouldn't trust her. But I realise that her own situation is fairly tenuous so she can't take big risks or have her public image damaged. Maybe that's less evident in the game than the show/books. I'm not surprised at the reaction to her though, people tend to judge the female characters more harshly.

• Seems like the next generation of Cersei to be honest. Atleast from the game perspective.

• She's manipulative but nice while she's doing it. I doubt she actually tried to help out with the family, she's all about improving her situation and gaining power and wouldn't risk it for her hand maidens needs. You see how she reacted to Mira being seen with Tyrion, I doubt she would actually try and help out a house that is seen as an enemy.

• Reminds me of a song...... "I don't fuck with you" by Big Sean XD

• She's a bitch.

• Exactly! XD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5D_e2B0CxA

• She's not the same Margery as she is in the show and books, lol.

• She's the same in the show. In the game her scheme for power is more visible.

AWESOMEO posted: »

She's not the same Margery as she is in the show and books, lol.

• AWESOMEOAWESOMEO Banned
    edited May 2015

No, she is a complete bitch in a lot of parts of the game, she's way more kind to her servants in the show than she is portrayed here.

LukaszB posted: »

She's the same in the show. In the game her scheme for power is more visible.

• I'm guessing you asked Sera to leave when telling Margeary about Ramsay Snow, or you're forgetting who the Forresters support. She values her reputation slightly more, which is more visible in the game.

No, she is a complete bitch in a lot of parts of the game, she's way more kind to her servants in the show than she is portrayed here.

• I'm not talking about what she values, I'm talking about the way she expresses herself; She's way more vocal and rude, and she seems to treat her maidens less fairly than she does in the show. I've been pro-Margaery in every situation the game has offered and she still bitched at me and talked about replacing Mira anyway. Also, I didn't ask Sera to leave.

I'm guessing you asked Sera to leave when telling Margeary about Ramsay Snow, or you're forgetting who the Forresters support. She values her reputation slightly more, which is more visible in the game.

• Cope49Cope49 Banned

Bitch..in both game and show.

• You're seem to be forgetting the fact of talking to Tyrion, which Margeary would hate as Tyrion himself pointed out. Episode 1 she is very helpful, yet Cersei doesn't trust Mira and neither does Joffrey who Mira has to rely on. Episode 2 Margeary explains the way her family plans things which is very kind. Episode 3 Margeary finds out you talked to Tyrion privately, which Tyrion said himself that Margeary would be angry.

I'm not talking about what she values, I'm talking about the way she expresses herself; She's way more vocal and rude, and she seems to trea

edited May 2015

Well, Cersei doesn't trust Mira because she loathes Margery, and I didn't see how the crown making money from my family instead of the Whitehill's effected Margery in any way. Instead of threatening to replace Mira for stupid things, the Margery I know from the show would look the other way. To me, she doesn't feel like the same Margery at all :P

Like, if you go with Tyrion, Margarey says she'll replace you. Even if you stay with her it ends up getting her more angry, there's literally no pleasing her.

You're seem to be forgetting the fact of talking to Tyrion, which Margeary would hate as Tyrion himself pointed out. Episode 1 she is very h

• Nope Cersei doesn't trust Mira because her family have always supported the Starks, as Sera says when you ask Margeary to ask for support. Margeary doesn't like Tyrion (would compromise her stance with Cersei) as she mentions in the show, and heavily in the game.

Well, Cersei doesn't trust Mira because she loathes Margery, and I didn't see how the crown making money from my family instead of the White

edited May 2015

They're probably both reasons. I still don't find her behavior to resemble anything like she is in the show.

Nope Cersei doesn't trust Mira because her family have always supported the Starks, as Sera says when you ask Margeary to ask for support. M

• How many times do we see Margeary with her handmaidens in the show from S03E09 to S04E02? A lot fewer than in the game. The show doesn't show the complexity that the game shows.

They're probably both reasons. I still don't find her behavior to resemble anything like she is in the show.

• Sure, we see her less with her handmaidens, but we see her way of interacting with people, we see that she isn't the same Margery she is in the game. That's my opinion, I'll grant you that, but I really can't think anything otherwise than how much of a bitch she is in the game, she's never pleased no matter what your choices are. I really like her in the show, in the game... Nah.

How many times do we see Margeary with her handmaidens in the show from S03E09 to S04E02? A lot fewer than in the game. The show doesn't show the complexity that the game shows.

• Margaery is playing a game. She wants to be Queen. The interactions we see in the show are either between her and people of importance, or between her and someone else in the presence of someone important. If you didn't notice, she keeps her composure in front of those important figures, and only "scolds" her handmaidens when nobody is listening in/in private. That said, I don't think she's different in any way... I just think we're seeing a more private, less political side of her as opposed to the fake, game playing Margaery we're constantly shown in the show. In Season 5, during her interactions with Tommen, we see this "private" side more and she is certainly a tad bitchy and with her own agenda.

I'll quote you what Mira said to her, "It doesn't matter what we feel, it only matters what we say."

That is literally the definition of Margaery... she is always playing a character until you see her behind the scenes with the people she trusts.

Sure, we see her less with her handmaidens, but we see her way of interacting with people, we see that she isn't the same Margery she is in

• Let's look at it from Margeary's perspective. You ask for her help twice, and she obviously expects you to ask her one more time. She begins to think you distrust her no matter what. If you go with Tyrion she'll suspect you're doing something behind her back, if you won't go with Tyrion he still talk about the royal decree which would make Margeary feel that you don't trust her.

Sure, we see her less with her handmaidens, but we see her way of interacting with people, we see that she isn't the same Margery she is in

• edited May 2015

Overall I like her. I think she's a good person and one of the few we see in the show who aren't of the North who are capable of empathy.

In the game, however, she is certainly pissing me off. Not because I do not understand her standpoint because I do... but because I feel that she is overreacting and I think she is sort of taking for granted the loyalty of Lady Mira and doesn't understand the fact that she's a smart girl who wouldn't let her situation affect Margaery negatively. Mira could also REALLY use some help, here. She is in a terrible situation and her hands are tied... and only someone as important as Margaery could do that for her. For this reason, I feel Margaery is a tad selfish but not ill intentioned.

Also, I'd live inside dat butt. JS. She's so sexy.

• I agree. Margeary is overreacting, and she should talk to Mira and Mira should say that everything she sees looks like a life raft.

Ryanoo posted: »

Overall I like her. I think she's a good person and one of the few we see in the show who aren't of the North who are capable of empathy.

edited May 2015

I agree, but we do see some of her interactions with the maidens in the show (without other people present), and she wasn't treating them the same way as she did in the game. There were some times that they were alone, and she still wasn't that much of a bitch to them, let alone say she'll replace them. She either laughed with them or asked them to do things, but she was kinder than she is in the game.

Ryanoo posted: »

Margaery is playing a game. She wants to be Queen. The interactions we see in the show are either between her and people of importance, or b

edited May 2015

Why would she think I distrust her? After all, it is Tyrion that approached me (and she told that to Margery, yet she didn't really give a shit), and there wasn't much Margery could do, so I agreed to get help from someone else, that doesn't mean I distrust her and is rather her interpretation of it, which I don't think fits her personality.

Let's look at it from Margeary's perspective. You ask for her help twice, and she obviously expects you to ask her one more time. She begins

• I think they've nailed margery is the show perfeclty, She acts all nice with people but she isnt really its all a game. I'm sure deep down shes nicer than say cersei which is why she clearly feels bad for Mira but at the same time she is playing the game, notice shes only cold with Mira out of sight of others.

We never see her interact with anyone on the show privately who isnt important. Though with sansa you could see her restraining the urge to roll her eyes for example. Kings landing is all about faking everything you have to pretend to be strong and happy throughout

Why would she think I distrust her? After all, it is Tyrion that approached me (and she told that to Margery, yet she didn't really give a s

• I know how she acts and why, but she isn't purely selfish, and in the show (despite her developing multiple facades) she is shown to genuinely have a good heart, compassion, and empathy. She's the opposite of that in the game, was she ever really going to help at all? I think it was better for Mira to strike out on her own with Tyrion since THAT had results, which Margery really seems to think Mira betrayed her by doing this somehow. Even with her handmaidens, I don't believe she'd act like she does in the game.

I think they've nailed margery is the show perfeclty, She acts all nice with people but she isnt really its all a game. I'm sure deep down s

• she is shown to genuinely have a good heart, compassion, and empathy.

When in the show? She may be better than some but I cant remember her doing anything that good willed in the show

I know how she acts and why, but she isn't purely selfish, and in the show (despite her developing multiple facades) she is shown to genuine

Sign in to comment in this discussion.