Did you burn the Tyrion's letter letting house Forrester sell Ironwood?

Comments

• edited April 2015

I kept it. Regardless of it looking bad because of Tyrion the Forresters need that gold. What's the worst thing that could happen? Mira is killed? King's Landing is interesting. Mira is not. I'd rather play Ryon or Talia.

• I burned it because I assume that the decree would not work anymore considering the fact that Tyrion eventually leaves King's Landing and therefore is not considered a person of power. Also I think King's Landing is losing its power which will eventually make the Lanisters not as important. Cersei would probably find the letter anyway, and we don't have much ironwood so.

• The letter is an undeniable evidence, showing that Tyrion has plotted against the Crown and made an important deal without consulting the King. Words are wind, can be false, letters are real.

Heelidar posted: »

I don't understand how that letter can bring any additional harm. Tyrion was a master of coin. He had hundreds of agreements, met hundreds o

• "Wrong"

Wolfeh posted: »

"Man" Am I doing it wrong?

• Kept it.

Information is power - it's better that I have it and can use it to my advantage when an opportunity arises than nothing. Just because I didn't burn it doesn't mean I can't claim that it's disappeared.

• your forced into accepting the deal in episode 2 :(

Right! And I've read all the books! I knew what was going to happen, I just thought I would have more time! I've never seen a decision in a

• Plotted against the Crown? Consulted the king? I don't see anything wrong with the deal itself. Master of coin is exactly the person who makes this kind of deals. The deal itself is ok.
    As i said before, Tyrion made hundreds of deals, that doesen't mean that they are all not valid anymore. It is a deal, with a royal seal on it. May be you can't use it, but you can sell it. To the bank of Bravos for example. They can probably make more out of this letter, and you can still get some money.

fallandir posted: »

The letter is an undeniable evidence, showing that Tyrion has plotted against the Crown and made an important deal without consulting the King. Words are wind, can be false, letters are real.

• We're not talking about the King and his Master of Coin, but more like the battle between Cersei and Tyrion. She will use everything to see dwarf's head on the pike.

Heelidar posted: »

Plotted against the Crown? Consulted the king? I don't see anything wrong with the deal itself. Master of coin is exactly the person who mak

• I understand that. I just don't think that burning the letter can give you even a slight chance of escaping Cersei's wrath if she decides to...

fallandir posted: »

We're not talking about the King and his Master of Coin, but more like the battle between Cersei and Tyrion. She will use everything to see dwarf's head on the pike.

• Good for you, but sooner or later you will.

• "That was not exact from the game"

Weird way to phrase "What I said was complete bullshit, it wasn't in the game at all, sorry"

That was not exact from the game. At first I thought he was wanting the decree but after watching that part again I think he just wants it to go away.

• I kept it, cause I think its gonna be usefull to create alliance and win a war against the fucking Whitehill's.

• I lied that was not in the game I am sorry I did not mean to upset you. I didn't think it was a big deal.

"That was not exact from the game" Weird way to phrase "What I said was complete bullshit, it wasn't in the game at all, sorry"

• i kept it. i was hoping that i could give it to that guy and work with him somehow. as i said somewhere else, at this point i'd marry Mira off to him if it meant getting the Forresters some money/power. hoping that keeping it means i have some sort of tool. i ditched the knife too, pretty sure keeping it gives them solid evidence. i could always blame that shit on Sera.

• Yep, they cant..well. as for both of us.

Hmmm I wonder if he'll cross paths with Asher? Probably not to be honest.

• I burnt it. I can't imagine a royal decree penned by Tyrion is of any use now other than making me look suspicious. It's not like the Crown isn't going to know it was made by Tyrion and it's them i'm protection myself from.

• Burning it just feels like you are undoing all your hard work. I get the feeling everyone will find out about it anyway so burning the letter will be useless. May as well take a gamble.

• That whole episode I was banging my head wondering why I started that deal in the first place.

the problem was I never ever wanted anything to do with Tyrion or his damn deal

{I don't want to be here Mira I said no to tyrions deal)

Mira: "Please help me Tyrion I dont care there are tons of people listening in"

Tyrion: "You'll owe me something"

{"NO I DONT EVEN WANT TO BE HERE"}

Mira: "Omg yeah cool Tyrion, hold on though gotta go drink Cersie's wine with my dumb best friend TTYL"

Yes!! That was my exact thought process too! I didn't even hesitate before throwing that damning thing into the fire. That whole episode I was banging my head wondering why I started that deal in the first place.

• See I don't trust Morgryn not to double cross you and the minute you say you've burnt the note you find out he stayed loyal to the whitehills. Keeping the note just in case made sense not to use,but just in case.

cbell1896 posted: »

Morgryn said they could strike a deal later on if the letter "were to disappear". From that, I gathered that Mira needed to destroy the letter, as any alliance with Tyrion at this point puts everyone in deep shite -- including Morgryn.

• shame there is nothing you can do to stop maragery getting pissed at you, i went back and replayed it and told tyrion i couldnt risk an alliance with him, but still ended up in shit.

I don't really care about Margeary much. If she releases Mira, tough luck. If not, good. All is well as long as I get the coin for selling ironwood. The trouble at home is way more important than all that stupid bickering in King's Landing.

• Well I kept it it might come in handy later, and there's no risk since it's the only copy

• I wanted to keep it, but I somehow sensed that someone would find it (if Mira doesnt carry the decree with her all the time)
    Our room has been searched before and I somehow think that before it comes of use, it will cause misfortune.

• I burned it cause it was of no use to me now, and no one would know what happened to it. They can look all they want they'll never find it, since it no longer exists. It will prevent Margery from sending me home, and make Cersei look like a fool.

• I burnt it.

I agree with everyone who assumed being linked with Tyrion was a bad move. Before he was accused of murdering Joffery, Margaery warned of what the decree would do. Now that he is linked with regicide, even fewer people are going to want anything to do with things linked to his name. Besides all of that, his role as Master of Coin means absolute shit. Cersei would probably go out of her way to undo anything her brother did. People he held in favor are going to be on her hit list. That decree was just set up for misery.

Griff is also actively trying to take over House Forrester for himself. Who's to say that any money from that deal would even see the hands of an actual Forrester and not the Whitehills anyways?

Nah, there has got to be more that can work out with Morgryn. That decree is a trap. Tyrion is my boy, but not the ally you want right now.

• I kept the letter and I don't regret the decision. For one, I don't see how getting a decree stating that the crown will purchase Forrester Ironwood has anything to do with the murder of Joffrey, it's not like it incriminates you in any way. Cersei already knows that you had ties with Tyrion and therefore I don't see how selling Ironwood to the crown could bite you in the ass in any way. Logically, my only concern would be Lady Margery finding the decree and therefore deciding to send you home, but I find the reward outweighs the risk because:

1. If you didn't secure the marriage with Elaena(I secured the marriage but I'd like to have a couple of backup options), you literally have NOTHING working for you at this point and just have to hope that Asher's sellswords will come and fight for you for free, as Asher even states that "my family has money to pay them" indicating that he's counting on the Forresters to come through once they arrive.
    2. I don't trust Morgryn, the guy who offers an "alliance" with her because he is a Lord who serves house Whitehill. Gwyn states that Ludd Whitehill is sending large amounts of gold to someone in Kings Landing, and I believe it MUST be him, therefore I can't see how an alliance with someone who serves the Whitehills and is being paid by the Whitehills would benefit a Forrester in any way. I don't trust him and anyone with half a brain shouldn't either.

I believe that somehow, the decree will still be applicable, and if it's not, I don't think I have anything to lose by keeping it because I wouldn't want an alliance with Morgryn anyway.

• Cersei can say the letter is a forgery, and forging a royal decree is punishable by death. Any attempt of using it would result in Margeary knowing anyways.

Ryanoo posted: »

I kept the letter and I don't regret the decision. For one, I don't see how getting a decree stating that the crown will purchase Forrester

• edited April 2015

Good point indeed, but then again Cersei could have your head chopped off for no reason at all and nobody could really do shit about it/Lannister guards wouldn't hesitate to act if ordered. She's the Queen, you're a handmaiden, and she's hardly concerned about her personal image in comparison to getting what she wants. Not to mention there are several witnesses to the fact that you struck a deal with Tyrion regarding the Ironwood. Also, even if Margery did find out that you used it(if that's even possible, I'm not sure), so long as the deal went through you'd get your family the gold they need to secure Asher's sellswords, which is basically your last hope at this point if you hadn't secured the marriage with the Glenmores.

LukaszB posted: »

Cersei can say the letter is a forgery, and forging a royal decree is punishable by death. Any attempt of using it would result in Margeary knowing anyways.

• The best thing for Mira is finding the person the Whitehills are sending money to, and kill them while also stealing their money. And who knows what Asher will think of.

Ryanoo posted: »

Good point indeed, but then again Cersei could have your head chopped off for no reason at all and nobody could really do shit about it/Lann

• That would be pretty sweet. I'm really curious to see where they go with it all.

LukaszB posted: »

The best thing for Mira is finding the person the Whitehills are sending money to, and kill them while also stealing their money. And who knows what Asher will think of.

• I kept the letter and didn't hesitate, because we needed an iron wood contract for House Forrester. The letter was signed and ready to get the deal going. However, once the coal boy questioned me, I second guessed myself. We'll see where the story goes from there. So much fun that a video game choice can be so tough to make, the you wait to see the outcome for months. There's something to be said for suspense...

• After going back to Episode 2, Tyrion mentions that Tywin Lannister has an interest in ironwood. Regardless of Tyrion's actions, I'm sure Tywin still has that same interest and would want to purchase Forrester ironwood. So I don't think burning the decree is the way to go.

• I kept it.
    The main thing I am worried about is someone finding it, since it seems quite easy to break into Mira's room (i.e. Damien leaving that note)

• I kept it, but I'm not totally sure why, I don't see how it's going to help us now that he's imprisoned.

• edited May 2015

I like how different people can have totally different reactions to Morgryn's "if [the decree] were to disappear, perhaps we could talk again" comment simply due to how god damn ambiguous that single line is. We don't have a solid answer on what exactly Morgryn meant yet but you just have to base your decision at the time on your interpretation of the comment and/or whether you think Morgryn has good intentions or not and I think that's amazing writing right there, because your reaction to that one line could really put Mira down a number of different paths.

• If you thought Morgryn was suggesting for you to dispose of the letter entirely, he could have just saved your ass and your already on ice reputation by removing a connection between you and Tyrion, or on the other hand he could have just allowed himself to take advantage of the fact that you have no proof that you ever made a deal with Tyrion and pretend that he arranged the Ironwood deal himself and steal the contract and, ergo, your family's best (if not only) bargaining chip from you.
    • At the same time, if you got the vibe that he was suggesting you steal it and hide it somewhere safe, so you and him can later band together and use the combination of your name being on the decree and his unsullied (ha) reputation to get the deal rolling without Tyrion (as both Cersei & Tywin have displayed an interest in Ironwood and if you joined forces they would have no one else to purchase Ironwood from), he could have just narrowly saved you and your family from missing out on the deal that Morgryn is likely to get for himself regardless of if the decree is destroyed or not due to your prior activity with Tyrion.

It really could go either way! I personally kept the letter but as I was writing this I began to doubt myself so hopefully he does turn out to be a lovely chap and make a deal with Mira that's somehow beneficial for them both out of the goodness of his precious little heart. This is however Game of Thrones and he'll probably end up being the Big Bad and use the decree or its ashes to choke her to death or something sweet like that.

• edited May 2015

Of course there is a risk, it came from tyrion ... and thats bad

Leluch123 posted: »

Well I kept it it might come in handy later, and there's no risk since it's the only copy

• I burnt the letter, I was under a lot of pressure and just acted without thinking. A LOT of choices are like this, actually. 8U; This is the first Telltale game where I felt so much conflict and hesitation with almost every choice.

• i burn the letter cause i know tywin will help us i believe in it

• Who's Tywin?

i burn the letter cause i know tywin will help us i believe in it

• Cersei's father.

Who's Tywin?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.