Monument to the Walking Dead: An Interactive Story (Ongoing)

Comments

• Your writing is great so don't worry about it, no writer can write flawless story. Even GRRM writes some boring parts sometimes

So Vincent "was likely the one" ? I like the ambiguous circumstances of their meeting but Zayne did wake up in his cabin so are you suggesting something happened in between?

Alt text

NoHopeLeft posted: »

Atlanta and she was my favorite since the first chapter, I don't know why it's just what I feel Just one of those characters that cl

• edited April 2015

Thanks for the reassurance :)

I'm talking about the person with the rifle who killed that one guy in the truck before it drove off with Zanye hiding in the back. That person with the rifle is likely Vincent.

so are you suggesting something happened in between?

Um... what? If you're saying what I think you're saying, it's diffidently NO.

Upshaw posted: »

Your writing is great so don't worry about it, no writer can write flawless story. Even GRRM writes some boring parts sometimes So Vincen

• edited April 2015

We had a bit of misunderstanding here then... I forgot about that guy with the rifle so what I meant is that after Zaye fall and lose concussions he wakes up in Vince's cabin right? you said Vince was 'likely 'the one who tried to save him, [since I didn't recall that part with the truck]I thought there might have been someone else who saved Zayne or something after he fell

Thanks for the reassurance I'm talking about the person with the rifle who killed that one guy in the truck before it drove off with Zan

• Okay, I'm glad to have that cleared up.

But just to make sure it all makes sense... Vincent was tracking Zayne while he passed through his territory to make sure he wasn't attacked by the bad people. Vincent witnessed Zayne fall and saved him. Then he woke up 4 days later in his cabin. After about 2 weeks he was well enough to leave and so he left.

And here we are at the most recent part with Zayne trapped in the truck.

We had a bit of misunderstanding here then... I forgot about that guy with the rifle so what I meant is that after Zaye fall and lose concus

• Alt text

Okay, I'm glad to have that cleared up. But just to make sure it all makes sense... Vincent was tracking Zayne while he passed through hi

• edited April 2015

Re uploading Jerry and Jordan since I've taken a high quality picture of them.

Alt text

Alt text

First new drawing in a while. It's Jake! :D

Alt text

Another new one, his beard/stubble is a little thicker them I'd plan, but I hope you like Vincent Hale!

Alt text

Also, I'm sorry the pictures are so big, but I'm too lazy to edit them right now :P

Edit: About the new part, it's nearing completion, but right now it's about half done in total. Though, I'm taking a bit of time to make sure the second part of it is good and think it out. So, coming soon!

• InGen_Nate_KennyInGen_Nate_Kenny Moderator
    edited April 2015

Jake reminds me of Bigby.

Re uploading Jerry and Jordan since I've taken a high quality picture of them. First new drawing in a while. It's Jake! A

• It's the outfit. I used a picture of Bigby as reference since the character pretty much wears the same outfit.

Jake reminds me of Bigby.

• Nice!

Re uploading Jerry and Jordan since I've taken a high quality picture of them. First new drawing in a while. It's Jake! A

• edited May 2015

Chapter 3: “Sin” - Part 1: “Laid To Rest”

Christian

Christian’s grip on the pistol tightened and continued to grow ever tighter as the gang walked away. His finger hovered just over the trigger with tears swelling on his eyes. He scoffed and lowered the gun to his side as he watched the gang round a corner and leave his sight. His depressed expression turned to the gun and with longing eyes his vision focused on the river that had a metal gate spending it’s full lenght. The Rio Grande. In part of his mind, he wished he had pulled the trigger.

His eyes slowly opened and was met by a blurred image of the early morning, that slowly began to clear. Christian first looked at himself, his pale skin, the amputated fingers on his hand. He wish it had worked, but it clearly didn’t, not for him. For him, it was too late. He steadily turned his vision to his left and the rest stop. The walkers were gone. They had passed them at long last. But he was still here, and so was the rest of the group. After a long night such as theirs, he suspected they were asleep. It was very early in the morning, still dark and cold out.

But it was too late for him. He thought it would be best if he left and didn’t give any of them the burden of putting him down. He forcefully rose from the RV roof and carefully stepped towards the ladder. His bones felt stiff and his whole left arm felt numb, but he managed to climb down the ladder. As Christian’s feet touched the ground, he looked back at the RV, the thought hit him of putting himself down. He didn’t need to think for a two seconds before he realized how selfish that was. He could lead the horde back. He couldn’t do that to them.

Christian turned away and began walking back towards where they came from. It was the direction the horde was traveling, after all, it almost seemed fitting.

So he walked with tired steps until he was had to slow down ever father and now shuffled forward. It had been 30 minutes before he needed to completely stop. He rested under a tree just feet off the road. The morning darkness began to subside to a degree, but it continued to hang around as Christian saw someone, or something, walking down the road ahead of him.

It approached a walking pace and seemed to not notice Christian sitting at the base of the tree. This figure walked by him and stop to do a double take. “H-hello…” Christian mumbled quietly, almost surprised by how weak his voice was.

“Jesus Christ…” The figure muttered in shock as he reached on his belt and retrieved a flashlight. Much to Christian’s amazement, he recognized the voice and a forced smile appeared on his face. “Hey, Jake…” Weakly greeted.

“Christian?!” Jake exclaimed as he shined the light on him to penetrate the tree’s shadow. “You look like shit…” He muttered taking several steps towards him. “Your-- Your missing some fingers.”

“Thanks for noticing,” Christian said with a brief smirked. “I... got bit, now here I am.” He frowned and shook his head slightly. “H-how… the hell the did you get here… And, if you’re here…” He trailed off as Jake spoke up.

“Zafir’s gone crazy,” he bit his bottom lip, “or crazier. “

“...Is Maria with you?” Christian asked with a worried look. “Is she alive?”

“Yeah.” Jake replied with a forced smile. “She’s alive. Fine, too. Not like some of the others…” He narrowed his eyes and frowned. “That horde took down at least half of ours. Not to mention those we lost in that fire at the mall.” He sighed regretfully. “That was you right? Zafir seems to think so.”

“I…” Christan mumbled, “I don’t know…. Honestly, it could be, but… I remember… all of us were accounted for while escaping…” His eyes widened, “Jerry got separated from us for like… a minute at the most.”

“Jeez.” Jake exclaimed. “I guess Zafir’s been chasing after the right people then. Speakin’ of which…” Jake looked Christian in the eyes, “where is is your new group? They didn’t leave you here, did they?”

“I… I came here on my own. I didn’t want any goodbyes... at the time…” His tired face grew serious. “You said… Maria is with you?”

“Yep.” Jake replied with halfhearted frown.

“Then… I’d very much… like to speak with her. Please.” Christian gave prolonged stare as Jake shook his head.

“Zafir’s not gonna be happy if he finds you… But... I can take you there, if you want.” Jake offered. “So… you don’t look like you can walk, can you?”

“I… I don’t think I can, at least not well.” Christian gloomy replied.

Jake gave a reassuring but forced grin. “Let me help you up, then you can lean on me if you need to.” Jake extended a hand and Christian weakly took hold as he pulled him to his feet.

Jake grunted as he came to a stop. Christian’s arm was wrapped around and over his back. Christian could see the warm flames of a fire through some brush. “Is this it?” He questioned as Jake lowered him to the ground.

“Yeah.” Jake replied. “Sit tight. I’m gonna get Maria up.”

“Alright…” Christian said in reply. He watched as Jake walked towards the fire and the camp site, but before he could move further into it, a deep male voice echoed and sent a chine down Christian's spine. “Jake?” The voice questioned, “who did you bring here?”

“I--” Jake tried to defend, but was stopped.

“No matter. Bring him to me.” The man ordered Jake. His order was met by a long sigh and Jake returned Christian.

“Sorry man, Maria will have to wait for just a bit, Zafir wants to see you.” Jake informed.

“Okay…” Christian frowned.

Jake helped him walk towards the large bonfire burning in the middle on the camp. Now getting a close look, he realized several bodies slowly burning in the bonfire. Sitting in front of it was a man in a lawn chair, watching them go up in flames. “Who do we have here?” The man identified as Zafir questioned, his back facing Christian and Jake.

“It’s me…” Christian replied, sighing. “Christian.”

Zafir rose from his seat and faced him. The warm light of the fire highlighted the scars and burns covering Zafir’s face. “You and your new friends really have a way at fucking shit up... “ jake set Christian down and took a regretful step back as Zafir kneed down and looked him dead in the eye. “But would you look at that, you’re already half dead. Tell me, where have your friends gotten you?”

“It wasn’t their fault. If anything, it’s mine.” Christian frowned angrily at him, “I want to see Maria… Please, before I die.”

“Maybe, but first, tell me where your friends are.” Zafir calmly demanded.

“I’m not telling you shit. You’ll kill them… You’ll have to… beat it out of me.” Christian denied.

“You’re right, I’m going to kill them all. And, well, lucky for you I don’t plan to beat it out of you. I’m on their heels now. I don’t need you. And besides, you’d probably die before I get any information.” Zafir grinned. “But you won’t go unpunished… Maria won’t even know you were here. I’ll see to that. Considering your health… I’d say that’s a fitting end, wondering if Maria hates you for leaving her during your last minutes…”

“Fuck... you…” Christian weakly exclaimed. “Fuck you, Zafir...”

“Maria’s just in that tent…” Zafir pointed towards one of the few tents remaining. “She’s asleep. She’ll never know that you’re even alive. Here. Right now. Dwell on that.”

Christian’s eyes began to roll over and he started to fell light headed. "You'll-- You'll pay... one way or other. And I'm not even a little sad I won't see it... or know... but it'll happen, and that's enough for me..." Christian mumbled as he tried to stay awake.
    A worried expression fell over Jake as he took a step forward. “Jesus… He’s dying, Zafir.” Jake told him. “Stop whatever mental torture-- Stop playing with him.”

“I suppose the fun’s over then.” Zafir rose and looked Jake in the eye. “Put him out of his misery.” He ordered and was met by a cold look from Jake.

Jake drew his pistol from his side and pointed it towards Christian while sending Zafir a resentful look. Zafir spoke up as he entered a large tent. “No guns, unless you want that horde to turn around and kill what’s left of us. Once you’re done… put with the rest.” Zafir disappeared from view as he step inside the tent.

“I’m sorry, Man…” Jake muttered as he replaced his pistol with a sharp combat knife. “It’ll be quick though. And I’m sorry you couldn't talk with Maria.”

“Don’t be… sorry… It’s too late...” Christian mumbled as he resisted urge to close his eyes. “I’m… tired… A little rest is... all it is… And… I don’t blame you… just… look after… please… Maria means… a... lot to me… and Jordan… Atlant… Ash… y… jer… y… and… the others… please…” His eyes fell shut and he fell silent. The slow movement of his chest caused by his breathing came to a stop. He was dead.

Regretfully, Jake pushed the blade of the knife in the side of his skull and he began bleeding. At least he wouldn’t turn. Jake picked Christian up in both arms and slowly brought him closer to the fire, there he placed him in as gentle as he could. His eyes stared at the burning body for just a few seconds, then he turned to Zafir’s tent and sent it a cold glare.

To be continued...

After The Storm

I wondering what you all think of this chapter. So, tell me what you think (if you want to.) I'm interested in what you have to say.

• Regretfully, Jake pushed the blade of the knife in the side of his skull and he began bleeding. At least he wouldn’t turn. Jake picked Christian up in both arms and slowly brought him closer to the fire, there he placed him in as gentle as he could. His eyes stared at the burning body for just a few seconds, then he turned to Zafir’s tent and sent it a cold glare.

Fucking shitbirds . Dicks. Jerry will kill them all. At least Jake seems to disagree with what just happened.

Excellent. Christian reminds me of Lee a bit with the bit.

Chapter 3: “Sin” - Part 1: “Laid To Rest” Christian Christian’s grip on the pistol tightened and continued to grow ever tighter as the

• I didnt made Zafir to be that type of asshole

AWESOME CHAPTER

Chapter 3: “Sin” - Part 1: “Laid To Rest” Christian Christian’s grip on the pistol tightened and continued to grow ever tighter as the

• edited May 2015

Oh damn, poor Christian. I didn't saw that coming at all. Sure, I speculated that the amputation was too late for him, but I never really believed it. He really grew on me in the last two chapters, so that was a really sad part. It's good that he put the group first instead of ratting them out to Zafir, but I hope that Maria will eventually learn the truth.

And now I'm worried for the Harvest Hills group again. I guess Jerry will be in the most danger for burning down the mall and giving Zafir a rather permanent reminder, but I'm also extremely worried for Josie's life, as well as for the lives of Atlanta, Ashley, Dan and Jordan. Fuck this fucking monster Zafir! I know he's going to cause major trouble for the group and I'm pretty sure he will be responsible for some future deaths among them. Would have been better if he would have just burned to death, together with his entire group.

However, I like Jake a bit more now. Given his actions here, I assume he isn't the third kidnapper and maybe has something redeeming inside of him. Perhaps he can even become an ally to the Harvest Hills group after hearing Christian's last words. I think I understand now what you meant when telling me that my opinion to one of the mall assholes would get a bit better.

• :( Feelz bruh.

• right in the feels.... ouch

• Yes, but you did list his personality as Insane, Smart, Pragmatic, Cynical, Realistic, Calm, ect. Besides, he's clearly after revenge. It does make him seem like an asshole, but it still falls hand in hand with his other lovable qualities.

Anyway, thanks!

supersagig posted: »

I didnt made Zafir to be that type of asshole AWESOME CHAPTER

• Wow great chapter! and I really mean it, it was one of the best I think...Too bad for Christian tho, I really liked the guy but what can we do right? life sucks(especially for him I guess)

Your drawings are really cool but Vince kinda looks like 40 year old ex-con lol I actually imagine him quite different...I think his face is too rugged. I picture him with very fine and gentle features, eyes that most people describe as "sad" and chin length hair. As a matter of fact, Jared Leto in his early 20s was my inspiration for Vince's appearance but anyway, great job on everything!

• Rest in peace, Christian.

Sorry about that...

right in the feels.... ouch

• what got me was that Maria probably won't even know and if she even does find out then that's really going to be sad

Rest in peace, Christian. Sorry about that...

• Thank you, it means a lot!

I completely feel the same way. I'm probably going to work on a new drawing for him when I find the time.

Wow great chapter! and I really mean it, it was one of the best I think...Too bad for Christian tho, I really liked the guy but what can we

• Damn, fucking Zafir.

• Great chapter!

Damnit to all! Fucking Zafir, keeps fucking shit up. I want to reach trough the fucking dimensions and strangle his ass to death.

• Awesome work on Jake, that's just how I wanted him to be.

• Hope im so sorry for not voting! xD

Just so you know i'm still reading your fanfiction I just am busy and then I catch up over the weekend! :)

• Paintball?

Can we get a paintball flashback sequence?

It's perfectly alright! I've actually taken a break myself, and have slowed down on reading here since I've been quite busy. I'm feeling rea

• It's perfectly alright! I've actually taken a break myself, and have slowed down on reading here since I've been quite busy. I'm feeling really shore after doing paintball yesterday and I've just been doing a ton of yard work this week. But, luckily, I'm feeling better and should be back on this site a lot more often soon enough!

Thank you, it seriously means a lot. And remember, take all the time you need :3

#TeamSarah posted: »

Hope im so sorry for not voting! xD Just so you know i'm still reading your fanfiction I just am busy and then I catch up over the weekend!

• I've got some explaining to do...

I'm just not very motivated to continue to write right now. But I... kind of what to work on something... larger, I guess you could say. I've said before and I'll say it again; I want to make a fan film for the walking dead using the story I've been writing. It'll take a lot of time, since I don't have the experience, it could be a while. But I'm pretty set on making it now and I think it would be really frickin' fun! :D

Odds are there will be plenty of changes. Both because of not being able to film some of the more expensive stuff, and general rewriting to make it develop better and at a steadier pace. I wouldn't want to cut much, but even so... I think it could be an amazing project to be a part of.

I know it's only been 5 days since I last unloaded a part. To me it feels like such a long time and I feel bad for not continually updating the story, but I will in time. So, this isn't abandoned, not at all. If anything, it's on hold. But I have big plans for it and I will continue writing for it and posting it, even if I have began to work on a film adaption. I thank you all for you patience and kindness, as well as your understanding. I want to know what you think, and more importantly, I would very much like to know if you are okay with me using your characters that you have submitted for the story in an adaption. If it does become a thing, and it could be a long time even if I make it, I will make sure to credit you all for special thanks.

I feel like I've it all too fast. This could be confusing. If you do have any questions regarding anything, please, speak up and I'll answer the bast i can.

• I support you Hope, I know you'll climb over this loss of motivation. Either way thanks for writing a really awesome story and being a really friendly kind user :)

I've got some explaining to do... I'm just not very motivated to continue to write right now. But I... kind of what to work on something.

• Thank you, it really means a lot to have this... approval! :)

No problemo! I've had tons of fun writing, but I've had more fun interacting with you, and the other users on this forum. I would never toss that away. It'll be some time before I could begin working on a film, but I'll make sure to continue to visit this forum and post news, and parts of this story, and of course, read other users' stories! :D

#TeamSarah posted: »

I support you Hope, I know you'll climb over this loss of motivation. Either way thanks for writing a really awesome story and being a really friendly kind user

• You have my full support , my friend! :P

I've got some explaining to do... I'm just not very motivated to continue to write right now. But I... kind of what to work on something.

• Thank you, Sagig! :D

supersagig posted: »

You have my full support , my friend! :P

• Do it. You have my unwavering support, my friend.

• Like the others have said, you have my full support here! A fan film sounds awesome :D

And I am very happy that this story is not cancelled. It's undeniably one of my favourite stories on this forum and it would have been sad to see it end. But as long as there is something to wait for, I can wait forever. And take your time with it, no need to feel bad over it. Writing without motivation isn't a good idea, so from my point of view you definitely made the right decision. I'm sure you can regain your motivation eventually and I'm looking forward for more story and film likewise.

• Chapter 3: “Sin” - Part 2

Josephine

“Get in the RV.” Josephine ordered to Atlanta, Ashley and Daniel as they walked by her. “Jerry has already flushed out the dead hiding in it.”

“Josie…” Ashley spoke up as she directed Daniel towards Atlanta and the RV. “So… Gone, just like that?” She said worryingly.

“Yeah…” Josephine sighed. “In the night. Poof. Gone. I’ve talked to Jerry about looking in the woods for him. I think he might have wandered off… If not that…”

“Well?” Ashley exclaimed. “Are we gonna look for him?”

“I don’t know. “ Josephine frowned. “We haven’t decided.” She began walking off to avoid further conversation. Ashley remained where she stood, a somewhat shocked expression etched on her face.

“C’mon, Ashley.” Atlanta called from the RV.

“I’m coming!” Ashley replied and quickly entered the RV. As Jordan exited the rest stop behind her, Josephine approached her.

“You heard about Christian going missing?” She asked Jordan with a mildly sad expression.

“Yeah…” Jordan sighed. “Atlanta told me.”

“What do you think?” Josephine questioned. “You’re the one here who knew him the best.”

“I don’t know what to think.” Jordan frowned. “Him… leaving to avoid any goodbyes. That sounds like something he might do, after what he rambled about when he got bit. But we got rid of the bite. I would’ve thought it had worked…” She softly sniffled. “I guess we can’t save them all.”

“Do you think we should even look?” Josephine gloomy asked as she rolled her vision over the treeline.

“Probably not.” Jordan regretfully sighed. “We aren’t going to find him. I think he was turning. Why else would he leave?”

“I suppose.” Josephine replied.

“But… I want to look.” Jordan added. “I don’t like not knowing, even if I don’t want to know what state he’s in. But we just can’t stay.” She reluctantly shook her head. “I miss already. But we aren’t going to find… Are you and Jerry gonna decide?”

“I guess so. He seemed iffy on it.” Josephine bit her lip. “Who wouldn’t. But I’ll be talking to him about it.” She answered.

“Alright.” Jordan said as she entered the RV and let the door fall shut behind her.

“Son of a bitch…” Echoed from behind the RV. Josephine recognized the voice as Jerry’s and quickly walked around to meet him. As she rounded the corner, she was greeted by Jerry climbing down the ladder.

“Learn anything?” Josephine asked as she crossed her arms.

“Nothing.” Jerry hissed frustratedly. “Small pool blood up there, a few drops leading back the way we came, then nothing.” He gently grabbed the bridge of his nose and let out an annoyed breath. “No signs of… him getting killed by the horde.” He frowned and let his hands fall to his sides.

“Still gone though?” Josephine copied his frowned. “Damn. What’s the plan?”

“I don’t fuckin’ know.” Jerry barked with anger. Realizing he snapped, he calmed his voice and sighed. “I… I’ve combed the woods near us and haven’t found any trace of Christian since the drops of blood 10 feet from the damn RV.”

“Are we leaving, or…” Josephine paused briefly, given the state of their group. “I don’t want to just leave him out there - if even is out there - but we need to get going. We can’t afford to stay, our food and water is running low… so’s morale.”

“Should I stay or should I go.” Jerry mumbled in tune. “It's a shitty question if you ask me... What do you think?” Jerry asked.

[Stay and look more.]

[Move on.]

• [Move on.]

No good coming from looking for a dead man.

Chapter 3: “Sin” - Part 2 Josephine “Get in the RV.” Josephine ordered to Atlanta, Ashley and Daniel as they walked by her. “Jerry has

• [Move on] he ain't coming back...

Chapter 3: “Sin” - Part 2 Josephine “Get in the RV.” Josephine ordered to Atlanta, Ashley and Daniel as they walked by her. “Jerry has

• [Move on.]

• edited May 2015

Ah, a Josie part! I like this a lot :D

[Move on.]

We know Christian is dead and that fucking asshole Zafir is looking for the group. Since he seems hellbent on becoming the monster I always knew he was, getting a few miles between him and them will be for the best. The last thing I'd like to see is a meeting between Josie and the third son of a bitch kidnapper, who I assume is with Zafir right now, unless Josie gets to torture him to death before he comes even close to harm her. Then again, I guess Zafir is going to meet up with the group either way sooner or later. I'm afraid this is not going to end well for Josie or any other character from the group, albeit Jerry will probably get it the worst should Zafir's group of goddamn monsters meet up with them. I'm telling you, I already regret not shooting Zafir at the end of Chapter 5 and I guess I will soon regret it even more.

• edited May 2015

Ah, a Josie part! I like this a lot :D

Yes! I have been planning to expand the screen time of Josie, Ashley, and I'm also thinking of stuff for Daniel :D

I'm telling you, I already regret not shooting Zafir at the end of Chapter 5 and I guess I will soon regret it even more.

Trust me, you do NOT regret that. Between the deaths of most of the group and the continued unknown status of Josephine, you would've regretted that the moment I closed the voting and posted a not-so-witty comment teasing the incoming deaths. This gave me an idea... maybe expanding the alternate endings :o

Ah, a Josie part! I like this a lot [Move on.] We know Christian is dead and that fucking asshole Zafir is looking for the group. Sin

• Trust me, you do NOT regret that. Between the deaths of most of the group and the continued unknown status of Josephine, you would've regretted that the moment I closed the voting and posted a not-so-witty comment teasing the incoming deaths. This gave me an idea... maybe expanding on the alternate endings :o

So Jerry would have died huh?

Ah, a Josie part! I like this a lot Yes! I have been planning to expand the screen time of Josie, Ashley, and I'm also thinking of

Sign in to comment in this discussion.