Monument to the Walking Dead: An Interactive Story (Ongoing)

Comments

• O.0 May God have mercy on us.

NoHopeLeft posted: »

She likes to mess with Jerry's hair, and her nickname for him is darling/love. She also gropes him unnecessarily. Oh. My. God. This is going to get interesting... XD

• God have mercy on Jerry O.o

mr.quality posted: »

O.0 May God have mercy on us.

• Did I mention that she has pictures of Jerry in her hoodie that she stares at?

God have mercy on Jerry O.o

• Amen....

God have mercy on Jerry O.o

• "DO a BACKFLIP!"

why did this make me laugh so hard?

Are you implying that you think Christian might roll off the RV? Maybe... Its always a possibility.... He Is currently the most expo

• Save him

Amen....

• Because I'm a horrible person?

"DO a BACKFLIP!" why did this make me laugh so hard?

• That would be a hell of a way to go though

Because I'm a horrible person?

• Who are your favorite characters and why? Dan! and Ashley!

Who are your least favorite characters and why? Jordan and Christian , but specially Atlanta

Who do you think is going to die next and how and/or why? Ashley or Dan

What characters do you want to be explored and why? Look bellow.

Any ideas you might want to share? Atlanta dying and Ashley developing either more depressd or stronger and as a motherly figure to Dan

Sorry this part wasn't very eventful, but not all can be. I haven't really had the characters "talk" about stuff in awhile, so I thought it

• Yeah. It would.

That would be a hell of a way to go though

• Oh GOD.

But Clarice can manipulare her into killing Jerry YAY

Did I mention that she has pictures of Jerry in her hoodie that she stares at?

• I feel like Clarice has some competition XD

supersagig posted: »

Oh GOD. But Clarice can manipulare her into killing Jerry YAY

• The thing is Hope, I've bought myself insurance here. With Sasha now fully incarnated, she'll have to be introduced somewhere along the line, and due to her almost reliance on Jerry's storyline, this guarantees Jerry lives longer, meaning that Clarice storyline wise cannot kill Jerry until Sasha is introduced as a character.

I did this with Liquid's story as well, ;) even though I literally wrote about the characters pivotal to Leonard's backstory on the first day, I wrote their full bio later.

It's a bastard tactic. It almost guarantees their safety.

Almost.

I feel like Clarice has some competition XD

• edited April 2015

Stan has his mother and sister alive , but he died. So :P

The thing is Hope, I've bought myself insurance here. With Sasha now fully incarnated, she'll have to be introduced somewhere along the line

• Dan?

Insurance.

supersagig posted: »

Stan has his mother and sister alive , but he died. So :P

• RIP him anyways

And we still haven´t seen what happened to Lindsay and Keith in at least one POV!

Dan? Insurance.

• Silly, silly InGen...

While I admirer your plan to insure Jerry's safety, all it does is create loop holes that will spawn plots and events you will never see coming ;)

The thing is Hope, I've bought myself insurance here. With Sasha now fully incarnated, she'll have to be introduced somewhere along the line

• edited April 2015

I did this with Liquid's story as well, ;) even though I literally wrote about the characters pivotal to Leonard's backstory on the first day, I wrote their full bio later.

Well... that plan is theoretically brilliant, I can't argue with that. Unfortunately I can confirm that Leonard's safety is not guaranteed at all. There are ways to reveal his backstory without him present. If anything, your submission of the characters from his backstory gave me an easier opportunity to reveal said backstory even after his death.

Though it might be worth a try. I really need to think about submitting a character with links to Josie...

• Well... that plan is theoretically brilliant, I can't argue with that.

Alt text

Unfortunately I can confirm that Leonard's safety is not guaranteed at all. There are ways to reveal his backstory without him present. If anything, your submission of the characters from his backstory gave me an easier opportunity to reveal said backstory even after his death.

Alt text

I made them in the Goldengrove and Red Lake area right? Well, good luck trying to get them into the main story XD. At least they're gonna be in Book 2 or later. Personally, I feel that there's no way they would mention that story. Also, I love Lucas, but killing him would be the perfect ending to Book 1, with Leonard being separated from him, us not knowing his fate and he not knowing Lucas'. That way if he returns to Raylansfair he will be lord once Harris is dead.

And fuck, Quent. That fucker got to die. He knows.

It is a pretty good idea though. I never intended this, but I then realized it when I submitted them. XD

I did this with Liquid's story as well, even though I literally wrote about the characters pivotal to Leonard's backstory on the first day,

• InGen, what have you done?

Silly, silly InGen... While I admirer your plan to insure Jerry's safety, all it does is create loop holes that will spawn plots and events you will never see coming

• I've played my Four-of-a-Kind.

I don't think Hope has a Royal Flush.

InGen, what have you done?

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1hBPzPGrUA

You know, I actually kind of regret telling you this.

My secret's out. Let's call it InGen's Run.

InGen, you have no idea what I have up my sleeve >:3

• InGen, you have no idea what I have up my sleeve >:3

I've played my Four-of-a-Kind. I don't think Hope has a Royal Flush.

• edited April 2015

Your poker face is being read and it might not end out aokay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1hBPzPGrUA You know, I actually kind of regret telling you this. My secret's out. Let's call it InGen's Run.

• Chapter Two: “Among” - Part 2: “Sins of the Past”

Zayne Pattinson

“So, I guess it’s time to leave” Zayne said, almost reluctantly as he turned to Vincent. “It’s time I go on my way.”

“Again, if you’re sure.” Vincent reminded. “I don’t mind the company one bit.” He forced a halfhearted smile as Zayne stepped through the door.

Despite his kind and genuinely thoughtful caretaker, Zayne wasn’t ken on staying more than he already had. A grand total of two weeks. More than he had planned, but he took time to heal and recover from his injuries that he gained when falling from the tree. “You’re… a great person, Vince. Thank you for everything.” He frowned and looked down the long hill he planned to walk until he reached the highway. From there it was the open road and an infinite number of possibilities.

“Of course…” Vincent let out a long sigh, accompanied by a frown. “I… know you’ve been planning to leave since the day you woke up, but I want to tell you again that the offer is always open. I don’t get any visitors, and I just want you to know that you’re always welcome.”

“I honestly can’t thank you enough,” the boy gave a respectful smile, “but I can’t stay here. I… I can’t stay any longer knowing there are awful people just miles away.” Zayne looked at Vincent as he reached for a small backpack and pulled it up by it’s scapes to his side. “Is… is that for me?”

“Yeah.” Vincent smiled. “it has about a weeks worth of food for you and even something little more potent.”

As he said this, Zayne opened the backpack and dug into it. Soon, he carefully removed his hand as it tightly gripped a small pistol. “Jesus.” Zayne softly exclaimed with an expression of relief.

“I’m sorry we couldn’t get you more familiar with the pistol before you left, I never found the time.” Vincent disappointedly sighed, “I’m… also sorry about your situation with ammo. I could only find so much… but you still have the full clip. 8 bullets. I just hope it’s enough to get you out of a bad situation.”

“It’s awesome!” Zayne thanked him, sporting a happy smile. “I’ll get used to it, soon enough.”

“Well…” Vince spoke as he scratched the back of his head. “I guess that’s it. I’ll… I’ll see you again, some day. Until then… good luck.” He donned his best smile and watched as Zayne began walking down the hill, away from the cabin.

“Bye,” Zayne said as he waved a hand slowly in the air. After that, Vincent reluctantly turned around and stepped back into the cabin. Zayne would miss the man. He was good. But above all else… he was still ‘human’. He didn’t know if he could say the same about himself...

Atlanta Roberts

The moment couldn’t have been worse. Atlanta faced Jordan after their ‘bonding-like’ moment and put on a serious expression. “I need to ask you something--” Atlanta’s voice cracked as she spoke nervously. “I can’t wait any longer…”

“What is it?” Jordan questioned with a interested but worried look, growing increasingly wary.

“I’ve known for… for too long that you haven’t been who I thought you were. I thought you were a good person, deep down.” Her expression grew with sadness. “I thought I could trust you… I’ve tried to trust you…”

“Please.” Jordan whispered with a now completely worried tone. “Just say it and get it over with…”

“I think--” She paused and hardened her expression. “I know,” Atlanta exclaimed, “you helped kidnap Josephine and Lindsay… and kill Dean.”

Jordan didn’t say anything in reply. She simply lowered her gaze to the floor and bit her lip with what looked like tears forming in her eyes. “I…” she barely opened her mouth as she muttered a stutter, “I’ve been among you this whole time… I… I didn’t think anyone knew.” Her eyes darted back up to Atlanta and she said to her, “how long have you known?”

“A good amount of time.” Atlanta answered.

“Why… why did you keep it to yourself.” Jordan furthered her own questioning. “If you’ve known about it, why haven’t you told anyone else?”

“For one…” Atlanta sighed, “I didn’t know for sure. But I didn’t want to start a witch hunt, either.” Her eyes wandered to Jordan’s pistol sitting beside her. “We aren’t going to have a problem right now, are we?” She asked.

“No…” Jordan mumbled, “I’ll go quietly, if that’s what you mean.” She answered.

“I didn’t plan to confront you here,” Atlanta explained, “but I’m not comfortable knowing there’s a… a killer next to me.”

“I understand that.” Jordan replied.

“But don’t mistake that for-- for sympathy.” She followed Jordan’s sudden eye movement to the sound of banging on the door. It was likely the walkers.

“I don’t want sympathy anymore.” Jordan revealed, “I want to pay my dues.”

“In good time,” Atlanta scoffed. “But I want to know everything, or else we could have a problem.”

“Have you ever asked yourself ‘do I wanna know’?” Jordan asked with a underline passive-aggressive tone.

“I want to know everything, even if it hurts to know, it’s better than not knowing.” Atlanta’s face expressed interest, but also a scared and uncanny feeling.

“I can’t blame you.” Jordan replied, “but I want to know something first… how did you find out?”

“Jerry told me most of the stuff, but I pieced it together and it all seemed to point to you in one way or other.” She narrowed her eyes. “One of the men Jerry killed at the lake mentioned some ‘bitch’ who stopped them from hurting a captive Lindsay and Josie.” She sighed halfheartedly, “don’t get me wrong, I thank you for what you did there, but that doesn’t excuse what you’ve done.”

“Yeah,” Jordan sighed regretfully, “so what are you going to do now?”

“I don’t know, “Atlanta mumbled with a sad tone. “I just don’t know what to do about it, about you. Nobody, not one of them, is going let you stay, if not execute you.” Atlanta looked at the pistol on her side. “I want to prevent that.” Her hand reached for her pistol slowly and pulled it from it’s holster. Jordan didn’t react at all. She simply stared at the metallic pistol Atlanta held loosely in her hands.

“What do you want me to say?” Jordan spoke up, her quiet and soft tone disappearing, replaced by a very defensive one. “I’m an awful person, but I’m not evil. I killed your friend, but I saved your friends. I’m ready to be killed for what I’ve done, but please, please listen to me.” Her expression turned beyond serious, beyond realistic. “I’m ready to rot for what I’ve done, but not here. It’s safe to say if you kill me… you’re going to all die. But once we’re out of here… Then I can stand whatever trial, and face what I’ve done, even if that means I’ll be looking down the barrel of a gun.”

Atlanta turned the pistol over in her hands. What would she do? She had confronted her at the wrong time. But it still wasn’t too late to wait and then deal with any backlash the follow after they were out of danger. Maybe she could learn more of what Jordan knew. Jordan was clearly guilty, but she wasn’t evil. She was mixed up in the wrong crowd, most likely. She was also ready to face what she’s done.

[Hold Jordan, the murderer, at gunpoint.]

[Wait and deal with it at a later date when out of direct danger.]

• There was no getting around this part, even if it isn't how I hoped it would come out, it's how it is. Just a little heads up, I've planned this since the part Dean was found dead. I've also planned more, so be scared of what else I might have planned >:D

Anyway, think carefully about this choice, it has some quite large impacts in ways you will not notice.

Also, I hope you've all given some thought into the titles of the chapters. Some have meanings that will be quite... unpredictable.

• Considering the conditions... [Wait and deal with it at a later date when out of direct danger.]

Chapter Two: “Among” - Part 2: “Sins of the Past” Zayne Pattinson “So, I guess it’s time to leave” Zayne said, almost reluctantly as

• God damn it Jordan! This one time I can say that I freaking knew it! I called her out on being Dean's killer ever since it was mentioned that she was a sniper and Dean was killed by a sniper. I even mentioned this in my last speculation... But I never thought I could be right with every negative word I ever said about her! To think I even liked her after the last part...

This part just made me loose all the sympathy I had for her. The only thing that prevents me from hating her with a passion, as well as confusing me to no end is that she is also the person who helped Josie and Lindsay, albeit they wouldn't have been in that situation without her. Damn it, I really don't know how to react about this. She protected Josie and Lindsay, but she was the one endangering them in the first place and she shot Dean. What a... fucking lying bitch? I don't think I can forgive what she did, but I'm curious for what her reasons to kidnap Josie and Lindsay and murder Dean were in the first place, considering that Zafir didn't even approved of that.

[Wait and deal with it at a later date when out of direct danger.]

It's safe to say that she is going to pay for that. But maybe not right now. That was horrible timing from Atlanta, very horrible timing and starting a fight now could lead to the walkers taking notice of them again. However, I think that Jordan might report back to Zafir in some way, giving away the groups location in order to turn on them when the time is coming. I certainly won't trust a single word of hers again.

Chapter Two: “Among” - Part 2: “Sins of the Past” Zayne Pattinson “So, I guess it’s time to leave” Zayne said, almost reluctantly as

• In all honesty, your reaction was very predicable. She's diffidently ready to face what she's done, but at safer time for the other members of the group. It's also safe to say that her character is a lot more... dynamic. While your opinion of her is quite clear right now, I hope I can blur it to a degree.

It's also not as simply as her just choosing to kidnap Josie and Lindsay. It's very contemplated. I plan to shin plenty of light on it... very soon.

I wouldn't completely condemn her yet. Last time you did that with Jerry, then Zafir... It all becomes a faded line. So be careful of what you think, it could all be wrong, very wrong.

God damn it Jordan! This one time I can say that I freaking knew it! I called her out on being Dean's killer ever since it was mentioned tha

• What are your general thoughts on her as of now? :3

Considering the conditions... [Wait and deal with it at a later date when out of direct danger.]

• Maybe I wrote that wrong. My opinion on her is not clear at all, in fact I am very confused and very unsure how to feel about her right now. I know I should violently hate her for what she did, but the fact that she also saved Josie and Lindsay makes it a bit harder than with Zafir and Jerry, who both had nothing speaking in their favour at the time I was condemning them and only displayed their redeeming features after I already hated them for a while. With Jordan it's the other way round. For now I'm not going to trust her in any way, but I also won't push for her death just yet. I'm looking forward to learn about her reason to do all of that and afterwards I'm either hating her or I will continue to be unsure and confused as hell about her.

In all honesty, your reaction was very predicable. She's diffidently ready to face what she's done, but at safer time for the other members

• edited April 2015

Ah, okay, I might have jumped the gun a little in my statement. I'm glad you're still considering her actions and reasoning and not immediately condemning her! It makes this a lot easier...

Out of curiosity, what do you think her 'reasons' were? Maybe ignorance?

Maybe I wrote that wrong. My opinion on her is not clear at all, in fact I am very confused and very unsure how to feel about her right now.

• My first idea was that she was forced to do it, but she apparently had enough authority to prevent the men from raping Josie and Lindsay, which speaks against a forced help. She might have been tricked in some way. Perhaps she only shot Dean because she was told to do so by a superior (Jake perhaps?) and only learned about the true reason behind that later. Or she does not care about murdering someone, but draws the line at rape and had no problem in joining the men in killing Dean but decided to take action when learning about the planned rape. These are my guesses, but I wouldn't be too surprised if her reasons are a bit deeper and impossible to guess, or a mix of being tricked and being indifferent.

Ah, okay, I might have jumped the gun a little in my statement. I'm glad you're still considering her actions and reasoning and not immediat

• You've actually guessed very well. Let's say it's kind of a combination of all some of these, but it also has plenty of unknown factors that are pretty hard to guess. It'll all be revealed in time. Let's hope it makes some sense when the time comes!

My first idea was that she was forced to do it, but she apparently had enough authority to prevent the men from raping Josie and Lindsay, wh

• As far as we know, she's done a bit more good than bad but I still don't like her

What are your general thoughts on her as of now?

• That's understandable. Thanks for the input!

As far as we know, she's done a bit more good than bad but I still don't like her

• [Hold Jordan, the murderer, at gunpoint.] KILL JORDAN NOW KILL THE BITCH

Awesome Chapter!! Zayne pls don´t die

• I DON´T CARE DEAN WAS BAE

She's done good for Lindsay too, y'know ;-; Anyway, Zayne's gonna run into some trouble sooner or later...

• I NEED A LINDSAY OR KEITH POV NOW

• Though with the next part, leaving her alive, we might find out her reasoning and I'll change my mind again

That's understandable. Thanks for the input!

Sign in to comment in this discussion.