Monument to the Walking Dead: An Interactive Story (Ongoing)

Comments

• Best... Story... Ever...

NoHopeLeft posted: »

Walks out of the building with a missing shoe, but stops and looks down at his striped sock. "I should have thrown the sock too," I think in silence, then continue walking.

• Years later another gig is booked at the same venue. Starting off the night with "So the last time I was here I got a shoe, and I want whoever you are to hear this. Thank you." I hold up the shoe from years before

Walks out of the building with a missing shoe, but stops and looks down at his striped sock. "I should have thrown the sock too," I think in silence, then continue walking.

• It truly was the best story ever

mr.quality posted: »

Best... Story... Ever...

• "But ma'am.. this shoe is a man's shoe" I look shocked at the fact that an old lady would wear a man's shoe

supersagig posted: »

"I did!" An old lady lied. She rushed to the stage

• "I did!" An old lady lied. She rushed to the stage

Years later another gig is booked at the same venue. Starting off the night with "So the last time I was here I got a shoe, and I want whoever you are to hear this. Thank you." I hold up the shoe from years before

• I slowly rise from my seat and raise the other pair of the shoe in the air. "I love you!" I short as I throw my shoe towards the man. It bounced off the man's face for a loud crack and he fell to the ground on his knees, clutching his nose.

"Oh shit! Did I break it?!" I called to the to the man.

"But ma'am.. this shoe is a man's shoe" I look shocked at the fact that an old lady would wear a man's shoe

• The old lady then runs to the man and beats him

I slowly rise from my seat and raise the other pair of the shoe in the air. "I love you!" I short as I throw my shoe towards the man. It bou

• I look down at the man and cough "You might have, I can't tell."

I slowly rise from my seat and raise the other pair of the shoe in the air. "I love you!" I short as I throw my shoe towards the man. It bou

• "Man, a few years ago you guys were so chill and I thought wow ok I'm not coming back and now we have an old lady beating somebody and shoes are being thrown again. Greatest crowd I've been to." I point to the old lady beating the man

supersagig posted: »

The old lady then runs to the man and beats him

• Suddenly the man takes off his socks and throw them on the stage. "Use those to stop the bleeding!" He shouts. You look down at the socks, one striped and one dotted...

I look down at the man and cough "You might have, I can't tell."

• THIS STORY HAS GONE SO FAR I LOVE IT SO MUCH

Suddenly the man takes off his socks and throw them on the stage. "Use those to stop the bleeding!" He shouts. You look down at the socks, one striped and one dotted...

• How did such an innocent comment inspire such a thing? XD

THIS STORY HAS GONE SO FAR I LOVE IT SO MUCH

• Puns... they do crazy things to people.

How did such an innocent comment inspire such a thing? XD

• Yes. yes they do.

Puns... they do crazy things to people.

• I guess you could say that they're pretty .. . .. . . . . mad jokes

Yes. yes they do.

• edited April 2015

Chapter 2: “Among” - Part 1: “In The Moment.”

Christian pulled open the closet door and reached for the top shelf where a small shoebox rested. He gripped the box tightly and lowered it to the floor as he sat himself door cross legged and lifted the lid. He picked up the small and metallic pistol. It was a 10mm. with 8 bullets in the clip. It was always loaded and ready to be fired by his father if someone broke in the house.

“Huh,” he mumbled, along with a shaky breath. He bit his lip as he carefully put the gun in his backpack and zipped it shut. Today it was going to be put to use. He hoped he wouldn’t have to, but it seemed like any other day… Which meant he would need it.

He swung the backpack over his shoulder and replaced the lid on the box, returning it to it’s shelf.

Soon, he closed the front door behind him and began walking down the sidewalk. The cloudy but dry morning sky hovered above him as he continued to through town.

Cars past him on the highway as he walked alongside it. Behind him, a young man joined him on the sidewalk, remaining several feet behind him as he caught up and bumped his shoulder as he walked by.

“Ugh…” Christian sighed as the person walked by. “Asher…” he groaned while identifying the young man. Both of them continued to walk.

“Hey, Christian.” The person known as Asher replied. He was notable taller than Christian, possessing very short black hair and a patch of stubble under his bottom lip. “I didn’t see you there,” he grinned.

“Yeah, sure.” Christian shrugged it off, not looking Asher in the eye.

“Say…” Asher spoke up with a snicker, “you’ve been dating Maria for… how long now?”

He shot Asher a brief glare of frustration, but turned his head back to face the road ahead, his expression changing to a sad one. “3 months…” Christian reluctantly answered.

“Why so gloomy?” Asher furthered his questioning. “You seem... almost sad.” His smirk turned into a frown as he turned his attention away from him.

“It’s none of your business,” Christian replied, coldly. “Just leave me alone.”

“Fair enough,” Asher obeyed, stopping at a crosswalk as Christian continued down the sidewalk. “Hey, listen…” Asher called to him. He stopped and faced him, silently waiting. “You might want to take a different path up to the high school, because the Venturas Gang has been hanging around that part of town. They might not be too happy to have a Jefferson High School boy walking through their ‘territory’.”

“I’ll manage…” Christian replied, turning and walking away before Asher could say more. Asher hit the button for the crosswalk, shaking his head in disapproval.

Christian’s eyes slowly opened, giving him a blurry look around the RV’s’ enterer. The first thing he noticed through his senses was the cold sweat that covered body, and the even fresher sweat that covered his forehead. He straightened his back, “fuck…” he mumbled as he brought his hand to his forehead to wipe away the sweat, but as he swept his hand across his head. It left behind a streak of blood. His eyes widening at the sight of the missing fingers.

Quickly, he stood on two feet and was greeted by a dizzy feeling in his head, causing him to briefly lose his balance. He caught himself on the table in the RV and picked himself back up. Now able to see outside through the front windshield, his eyes widened even larger as he remembered the horde and now looked at it as they passed by the RV and the truck.

He quickly rushed towards the front seat, but was met by the dizzy feeling once more. Taking a moment to regain his sense of balance, he continued forwards, slowly approaching it until he was resting his hands on the dashboard. About five feet around of the RV was the pickup truck. He could spot two silhouettes behind the supplies in the bed. It wasn’t as tall of a pile as it was when they left San Antonio. They had at least 3 days worth of food left. They barely made the food last this long, after 9 days of driver on the country roads, they hadn’t found much to salvage.

A walker from outside noticed Christian looking through the windshield. “Shit…” he muttered as he turned around to the back of the RV and looked for anything useful, but it hit him, he was safe in there. The sudden sound of the door opening slightly entered his ears and he turned around to face the door. The first walker wasn’t the only one to notice him. The door fell open and a the first of many walkers began to pile into the RV. “Fuck!” Christian screamed as he backed up, nowhere to run or hide, his eyes darted around until he saw a stepstool sitting in the corner.

Christian took a tight grip over the stool and unfolded it as he prepared to use it like a lion tamer. He pushed the first walker back into the others and they stumbled over each other, providing him with a little more time to think of a more permanent solution. He darted his vision upwards and spotted the small skylight. It looked big enough to fit through if he was able to remove the cover itself.

He sat the stepping stool upright and quickly climbed up it until he reached the top step, there he began relentlessly removing the cover over the skylight. It was no use. The walkers were regaining their ground and were just feet away from him. Suddenly a gunshot echoed through the air as one of the walkers fell dead to the RV floor, simultaneously, the RV’s windshield shattered and a burn appeared on Christian’s leg that hurt like hell. But he didn’t have time to think it through, he reached for the skylight and gave one final push. It fell open and Christian grabbed hold of the edges and began pulling himself up as best he could with a hurt hand.

The same lightheaded feeling fell over him, but he couldn’t lose his grip, not when more walkers were steadily approaching him. But once again a bullet entered the RV and another one of the walkers collapsed, dead on the floor. Christian fraught through the lightheadedness and continued to pull himself up, he couldn’t let himself fall, he just couldn’t.

His leg retreated through the skylight’s opening just as the walked knocked over the stepping stool.

He laid down on the RV’s roof, tired and weak. He let out several shaky breaths as he let his eyes rest and closed them, passing out completely. It was very late in the day, the sun was setting and the land around them was growing dark, but the consist sound of walkers continued to echo through the air.

“Warn me next time!” Josephine shouted, angrily waiting for the ringing in her ears to shot.

Jerry faced her, “let’s hope there won’t be a next time.” He looked back at the RV as it filled with the dead. “At least he get out of there. If I didn’t take the shot… I doubt he would’ve made it out,” Jerry sighed looked at the walkers that now banged at the windows once again. “Too bad I caught their attention again…”

“No harm, no foal,” Josephine muttered as the ringing finally subsided. “It won’t be too long before they lose interest.” She reached into her seat and pulled out the revolver she inherited from Anthony, giving it a regretful stare. “I wish I could have reacted faster…”

“You’ve still never fired a gun in your life. You’ll get used to it, but it’s hard to fire in such close quarters to begin with.” Jerry replaced his pistol on his belt and sighed, “I don’t think I’ve gotten the chance to ask anyone this… but how are you holding up?” He asked, looking Josephine in the eye.

“Not well…” Josephine answer, reluctantly. “I… I just don’t know anymore.”

“Please, explain… if you’re up for it.” Jerry replied, “we’re all dealing with similar things… to a degree.”

“I’m sad…” she added, her expression quickly resembled her words. “Anthony’s dead… My parents are dead. Everyone I ever knew… just… gone.” She let out an angry sigh, “and I’m the only one to blame…”

“Don’t say that,” Jerry defended. “If anything…” he frowned with a depressed look, “it's my fault.”

“I blame you for a lot of shit…” she hissed angrily, “but you’ve… ironed it out, I’d say. You aren’t the person I met at Harvest Hills… You’ve changed, and I’m not sure it’s for the better…”

Jerry’s face turned to a distrustful expression, “what do you mean?” He questioned.

“You’re a wildcard…” Josephine answered, “you’re not sane, that much is clear, but I doubt any of us are… You haven’t-- I haven’t seen you snap since you fucking slapped me.” Her expression turned sour at that thought, ”you got your comeuppance the moment I broke your nose, but that wasn’t enough to set you straight.” She softened her face and wishfully sighed, “not even Anthony beating the shit out of you. Even that wasn’t enough.”

“I’ve changed since then. You weren’t there when it got through my head,” Jerry spoke up, “I’m holding on.”

“And what was ‘it’,” Josephine questioned.

“‘IT’ doesn’t matter. Right now all that matters is getting the group out of here. And right now, all we can do is wait.” He sighed, “I’m not snapping, breaking, or whatever, any time soon.”

“But for how long?” Josie furthered questioned, “I’ve been told what all happened at the mall… how you’ve killed people… that just makes you seem all the more insane.”

“You weren’t there,” Jerry defended himself, “you don’t know what they were saying - about you and Lindsay…”

Josephine let out a sigh, “I’m not talking about the assholes who brought me to the freezer. I’m talking about the guard you killed… Y’know, the one Christian seemed freaked out about. You… broke his neck. It all sounded pretty brutal.”

“I did what I had to do,” Jerry said in reply as he leaned on the headrest. “That’s it,” he closed his eyes, “I did for the group.”

“Fine,” Josephine softly muttered, not happy with the answer she received. Though following Jerry’s lead, she leaned on the chair, but her eyes remained open as the walker’s continued to bang on the window, mixing together with the moaning and grunting to fore an awful background noise.

“Seriously,” Ashley muttered with resent, “fuck this shit.” She stood at the edge of a metal folding chair while looking out of the high windows in the bathroom. "How long is it going to take to pass?" She angrily scoffed as she watched the seemingly endless horde of dead shamble by.

“Do you see the truck?” Atlanta asked, keeping her arms folding.

“Yeah, yeah.” Ashley answered, “I can see them.” She peered at the RV and truck through the dirty window. “They’re sitting in the truck looking really bored.”

“What the RV?” Atlanta questioned, “can you see it? Is Christian there?” Her tone sounded of worry.

“T-the…” she stuttered with sadness in her tone. “The walkers are still in the RV… I--” She paused and leaned closer to the window. “He’s on the roof of it!” She exclaimed, “he’s alive!” A happy smile quickly beheld her.

“Thank god,” Atlanta smiled in turn. “Let’s just hope the shots don’t bring too much attention towards us.”

Atlanta turned away from Ashley and to the back of the bathroom, there Daniel set with his eyes shut. Not far to the right, Jordan set facing the floor with her hand on her forehead. Ashley got down from the chair again and walked up to her. “So, Atlanta, what’s the plan?” She asked with hopeful smile.

“The plan is the same as when we got in here.” She sighed, unhappy with it, but still content. “We wait until it passes.”

“Well…” Ashley yawned, “it’s late, I’m gonna try to get some sleep. Don’t hesitate to wake if I’m needed.” On that note, she walked towards the wall and found a spot that was relatively clean in comparison to the rest of the bathroom and laid down, quickly shutting her eyes. “Goodnight,” she finished.

“Yeah…” Atlanta replied with a frown, “‘night.” She took in a deep breath of the undeniably stinky bathroom air and let out a long sigh. Just like that the options for conversion was limited to one. She hesitantly approached Jordan, standing over her as her shadow caught Jordan’s attention.

“Oh…” Jordan mumbled, looking up from the floor, “hey.”

“Hey,” she replied, sitting down crosslegged next to Jordan. “Well…” Atlanta sighed, “you’re probably the best survivor here. What do you think?” She asked.

“What I think?” Jordan smirked, “I think we’re right where we want to be. We’re all safe right now, there’s not much that we can do… other than waiting this out.” Her expression saddened, shooting the floor it’s sad look. “There’s no telling how long it’ll take before it passes us.”

“And with the shots Jerry fired… It could have turned the herd back towards us.” Atlanta disappointingly muttered. “But… have you heard them?” She vaguely mentioned, “there are other gunshots in the distance.

“Yeah, I hear them. They’re hard to hear with the dead outside, but I can diffidently hear them.” Jordan frowned, “we’re being followed.”

“What?” Atlanta exclaimed. “I mean… it has to be other survivors… but what makes you think they’re following us?” She asked, interestedly.

“It’s… a guess, really.” Jordan answered, “but it’s probably not far off from the truth. Though… there’s one thing we can thank from whoever it is. They’re drawing the dead towards them with their careless shots.”

“I see what you mean.” Atlanta turned her line of sight to a sleeping Daniel. “What would you say about--” She began, but was cut off.

“About the kid?” Jordan questioned. “I’d say… he’s in need of some help. I think he’s found it though.” She briefly smiled in Ashley’s direction. “The kid’s been hanging around her, Ashley, a lot. Holding her hand and all that shit.”

“It’s cute, honestly,“ Atlanta said with smiled.

“It’s-- Yeah, I guess so.” Jordan mumbled, an indifferent expression beheld her. “But to me… It’s something to worry about. It’s odd.”

“What do you mean?” Atlanta asked, interested, but also worried.

“What I mean is…” She paused to let out a sigh, “he seems rather… unhappy, in all honesty. But it’s anyone’s guess. Just keep in mind that you don’t know what’s going through his head.” Jordan finished with a frowned.

“I guess-- I guess I understand what you mean.” Atlanta replied. “But… what makes you think this?”

Jordan bit her lip, “I guess I put myself in a corner…” She looked Atlanta dead in the eyes. “It was the first day of this shit, me and my friend Alex… were on our way back to my mom’s house. I hadn’t been living there at the time. Not for 4 years. I was staying with Alex since my… situation at home was an awful one. But before we could get close… this kid… held us at gun point… He couldn’t have been more than 10 years old... He shot my friend after trying to talk him out of robbing us and then he turned to me. I didn’t want to, but I had to… I killed him with a single shot to the head.”

“I’m… I’m sorry.” Atlanta spoke up, saddened by the story.

“It gets worse… honestly.” Taking a deep breath, she continued. “Turns out Alex was still alive, but horribly injured. I tried to drag her since she couldn’t walk with the bullet in her back… I… I think she was paralyzed from the waist down… She bleed out about ten minutes later.” Jordan finished with a sad expression etched onto her face.

Atlanta frowned and gave a understand look. “What happened then?” She asked.

“I made the final stretch to my mother’s, only to find her dead. She was a heavy drinker... I doubt she could even put up a fight when the dead got to her. But not long after, I got picked up by Zafir’s crew and started working for him. It was safe as could be… it wasn’t too hard either. I made friends with Christian...” Jordan scratched the back of her head, “and here we are.”

“I’m sorry for all that’s happened to you…” Atlanta spoke up, “I… I guess we all have our stories. But what does this have to do with Dan?”

“I’m sorry, guess I got a little off track.“ Jordan apologized. “But… the boy who killed me friend… he could have been through hell in the first day, and he snapped, became a murderer.” She frowned with a distasteful look. “That was a day into this. We’re almost a month in now. I’m... just trying to tell you to keep a pair of eyes on him at all times.”

“Okay…” Atlanta sighed. “You’ve diffidently made a point.”

“It’s always the one’s you’d least suspect… “Jordan mumbled incoherently, “I just never thought it would be children.” She sighed and tried her best at a smile, “I’ve talked enough about me, how about you tell me a little about yourself?”

“Where to begin…” Atlanta quietly exclaimed. “Well, Ashley was having a tough time at home, so I invited her to stay with me. My parents were wealthy, but they were also some of the nicest people I had ever met.” A lighthearted smile forced itself onto her face. “They were kind, smart… and very accepting. They let Ashley stay without question. Of course, Ashley and I got together… I don’t know what I would do without her. With my parents… gone, she’s the last bit of family I have left.”

“That’s very sweet.” Jordan smiled, forcing one through the sad expression etched on her face. “What about… Jerry?” A smirk instinctively appeared. “He hasn’t sent a cold glare my way in a long time. You think he’s forgiven me for sending a bunch of splinters into his back?”

“Probably.” Atlanta answered kindly, coping her smirk. “He’s could’ve forgotten for all I know. But… he’s been a lot more calm recently, I suppose.” Her eyes squinted, “in the beginning he was a regular class-a-asshole, then, poof, once the walls failed he was a selfless person who wanted to keep the remainder of the group safe.”

“Just like that?” Jordan questioned, somewhat baffled by the sudden change in situation.

“No…” Atlanta frowned, “I think it ran a little deeper than that.”

“Well,” Jordan smiled, “he seems like a great person now. Even if he was an asshole some time ago, it’s best to forget that and focus on the current, kinder, person.”

Atlanta replied with an understanding nod and turned her face to the other two members of the group that were with them. Ashley was fast asleep by the far left wall of the bathroom while Daniel slept next to the back wall. “It’s a small world now. It can be ruined if you hold meaningless grudges.”

To be continued...

• Sorry this part wasn't very eventful, but not all can be. I haven't really had the characters "talk" about stuff in awhile, so I thought it was as good of time as any. Though things will start heating up soon. There's plenty of revelations planned for this chapter...

So, I don't want to do this too often, but I have some more questions I'd like to ask. Feel free to completely ignore these, but I would really appreciate it if you answered them.

Who are your favorite characters and why?

Who are your least favorite characters and why?

Who do you think is going to die next and how and/or why?

What characters do you want to be explored and why?

Any ideas you might want to share?

• Great chapter! I liked the flashback scene. Have you ever heard the term Chekhov's gun? basically it means don't promise what you can't deliver. For example, if you mention a gun in the first act then it must be fired in the 3rd or else don't mention it at all...Christian putting the gun in his backpack reminded me of it(so looking forward to the rest of the flashback!).

And don't worry, like I've already said before, I like the interactions between characters the most, so honeslty a fine chapter could be just the gang talking about their pre-doom life or something and it'll be awesome(as long as it's interesting ofc).

For you questions:

Vince of course! because he's fucking badass that's why!(and also Christian).

Still got nothing here. Honestly, I don't hate anybody but If I must say a name than I guess Jordan.

Ashely, I got a bad feeling about her.

Vincent, and not just because it's my character but because I really think I wrote a very detailed and emotional backstory for him that I really want you to explore (a flashback with his older brother maybe?).

Again, also Christian. It's seems he had a tough time in his youth...Atalanta also because I kinda like her.

Hmmmmm...More flashbacks maybe because they're always awesome.

Sorry this part wasn't very eventful, but not all can be. I haven't really had the characters "talk" about stuff in awhile, so I thought it

• That's actually very interesting. I might need to look into that a little.

It might please you to know that I have more pre-apocalypse things planned. I've also planned some interesting moments for Vincent, and I do plan to cover his backstory, but in small bits since there is a ton to cover. I'll get out most of the big details quickly and think about having a flashback, but nothing's set in stone right now.

Even if you don't really have a least favorite yet, was there a reason Jordan was singled out?

I don't want to over populate the story with too many flashbacks, but it's diffidently something people want, so it's something they're gonna get! I just need to make sure they're worth it, if you what I mean, I don't want to put in flashbacks for the shake of having a flashback. So far all of the flashbacks have had a large reason to be there. But explaining character backstories through them seems like a good reason.

Upshaw posted: »

Great chapter! I liked the flashback scene. Have you ever heard the term Chekhov's gun? basically it means don't promise what you can't deli

• edited April 2015

You know, this question gets harder every time you ask it, since more and more characters get developed. I still like Jerry, it's like Jordan, Josie and Atlanta have said, he has changed a lot and at least for now it seems to be for the better. His new role as a protector of the group suits him well and the zeal with which he tried to save Josie and Lindsay did wonders in making me like him. Obviously I also like Josie a lot, probably as much as Jerry and even more with every part she spends around the group again. Perhaps I'm just biased but I think she's great. After this part I also have to say that Jordan quickly grows on me. After my suspicion of her was gone somewhere between the episodes, I started to like her more and more and this part was a very good part for her, making me liking her a bit more.

Now, that's a bit easier: Zafir, Clarice and Jake. Just because they aren't even nearly as horrible as I thought doesn't mean they are likeable now. Zafir's redeeming traits don't make up for the fact that he is still an asshole who enslaves people for his own sick idea of a community. Jake and Clarice are his underlings and as a result they aren't any better than him. After the finale of Episode 1 I'm open to accept the chance of them having positive character traits, but that does not make up for their negative traits and it does not make me like them.

Well, let me analyze this. We know Christian is safe because he has to encounter that guy from the Next Time segment. His position on top of the RV also seems to be the most secure. Jerry and Josie seem to be relatively safe in their truck, up to the point where they have time for small talk, so I guess the walkers are not about to break into the truck. And well, let's face it, at least Jerry won't die anytime soon. That leaves Ashley, Atlanta, Dan and Jordan in danger, but I somehow don't think one of them will die from the horde. The guys following them are a different thing however. I don't think Dan will die anytime soon, since there are family members of his left to be introduced and I also don't think that Jordan is going to die before getting more development, but I have the feeling Ashley or Atlanta might be the next, for no real reason, just a gut feeling. Maybe the people following them are the mall group and they execute a member of the group at random to make up for the guard Jerry killed.

First, I'm very glad that the characters get more equal screentime now. While I like his development and admire his change of character, I think that it's a good thing that Jerry steps back a bit and gives the other characters a time to shine before he turns into Jerryl Dixon. For example Jordan and Christian, two characters I haven't cared at all in Episode 1 grew on me in the last few parts. Of course I think that more Josie screentime would be a good thing and I'm not even ashamed to admit that my reasons for that are entirely selfish and born out of the worry that she might die. I'm also very interested in how she and Lindsay actually escaped from the mall, since I doubt that they had any chance of doing so without help. This also leads me to Lindsay, who is another character I'd like to see more of. I've tried hard to remember a single word spoken from her, but the only line I can recall was "Um...", spoken at the end of Chapter 5. Since you've hinted at her own plotline I don't really worry about her development. So, Josie, Lindsay, perhaps Dan and Ashley are the Harvest Hills group characters we've seen the least and whom I'd like to see more of. I'd also like to learn more of Vince, since I think he's quite interesting but hasn't done anything so far to be among my favourite characters.

A speculation of some sorts... in this parts flashback we've encountered Asher, the notably taller friend of Christian. In the Next time part for this chapter we've learned about a tall guy with a familiar voice and a partially burned face. My speculation would be that Asher and Two-Face are the same person, especially since someone named Asher is in the waiting list.

Also, like I said above, I think the people following them could be the mall group out for revenge and I think they might cause the next death in the group. If they are, I think there will be an encounter between Clarice and Jerry and I have the feeling that won't be pretty.

Also flashbacks in general. Flashbacks are great. Perhaps a Jordan related flashback showing her probably very hard childhood, or a flashback (or any explanation at all) showing how exactly Josie and Lindsay escaped from the mall would be great.

Sorry this part wasn't very eventful, but not all can be. I haven't really had the characters "talk" about stuff in awhile, so I thought it

• edited April 2015

The characters are getting the development for reasons. I haven't had many reason or ways to develop characters like Ashley or Daniel because it isn't crucial to the story, whereas the characters I'm developing currently are being explored for reasons I can't explain yet...

I haven't yet revealed this completely, but it's a little obvious if you think about it. Keith is Zafir's son. He was with Josie and Lindsay at Harvest Hills after they escaped. <.< He probably helped free them >.>

Jerryl

I... I don't understand why I found that so funny XD

A speculation of some sorts... in this chapters flashback we've encountered Asher, the notably taller friend of Christian. In the Next time part for this chapter we've learned about a tall guy with a familiar voice and a partially burned face. My speculation would be that Asher and Two-Face are the same person, especially since someone named Asher is in the waiting list.

Interesting speculation ;P

As for your least favorite characters, those are understandable reasons for disliking them, though I think your opinion of one of these people will change very soon... Or you'll are least be able to sympathize with this person after a... -cough- character ark -cough-

Who are your favorite characters and why? You know, this question gets harder every time you ask it, since more and more characters get d

• The characters are getting the development for reasons. I haven't had many reason or ways to develop characters like Ashley or Daniel because it isn't crucial to the story, whereas the characters I'm developing currently are being explored for reasons I can't explain yet...

No hurry here, I hope that they are safer as long as they aren't as developed as other characters XD

I haven't yet revealed this completely, but it's a little obvious if you think about it. Keith is Zafir's son. He was with Josie and Lindsay at Harvest Hills after they escaped. <.< He probably helped free them >.>

I admit the thought crossed my mind before, but from what Zafir said about his son I had the impression that they parted ways after he tortured these bandits and that Keith was never really a part of the mall group, which is why I haven't continued to speculate in this direction. Still, I'm very interested in what exactly happened there, how he helped, what his motivations were.

As for your least favorite characters, those are understandable reasons for disliking them, though I think your opinion of one of these people will change very soon... Or you'll are least be able to sympathize with this person after a... -cough- character ark -cough-

I'm always open to get my opinion on characters changed. And right now at least my dislike of Clarice comes simply from the fact that she is a loyal underling of Zafir. We haven't really learned that much about her personality that would make me dislike her. Jake at least is a jerk besides him working for Zafir, but I guess there are ways to change my opinion on him too.

The characters are getting the development for reasons. I haven't had many reason or ways to develop characters like Ashley or Daniel becaus

• No hurry here, I hope that they are safer as long as they aren't as developed as other characters XD

Probably not.

I admit the thought crossed my mind before, but from what Zafir said about his son I had the impression that they parted ways after he tortured these bandits and that Keith was never really a part of the mall group, which is why I haven't continued to speculate in this direction. Still, I'm very interested in what exactly happened there, how he helped, what his motivations were.

As much as I would like to fully explain what happened, I also don't really have a full idea on what happened, even with their kidnapping. But I have planned out lots of this story so it will be explained in some way.

I'm always open to get my opinion on characters changed. And right now at least my dislike of Clarice comes simply from the fact that she is a loyal underling of Zafir. We haven't really learned that much about her personality that would make me dislike her. Jake at least is a jerk besides him working for Zafir, but I guess there are ways to change my opinion on him too.

With what I have planned, I think your opinion over one of these characters might fall to "mutual respect."

The characters are getting the development for reasons. I haven't had many reason or ways to develop characters like Ashley or Daniel becaus

• Who are your favorite characters and why?

Out of the main group I like Jordan the most. She is a very interesting character and very cool. I also like Josie because I really like her personality and think she has an interesting dynamic with Jerry. And I like Christian and think he has a very interesting backstory

Zafir because he abducted the group and forced them to work for him and is an asshole. I think he will cause a lot of trouble.

No idea but I have a bad feeling about Jordan after her character got explored so much in the last parts

Lindsay and Keith because I want to learn more about them. Or Jordan, Josie and Christian because they are my favorite characters. I also realized that I know very little about Jerrys backstory and think it could be interesting to learn how he became the asshole he was in the beginning of the story.

This is such a good story, I enjoy every part of it! I also think the people following the group could be Zafirs group.

• Hahaha 'there's a ton to cover'...Yeah I guess you got a point there lol. For my defense I really can't see myself writing a character without detailed background and personality or he'll just feel fake to me. Locations,family, past relationships and memorable childhood events adds depth and realism to the character or honestly I can't imagine him in my head as a real person and I always feel like I missed something and I throw in another small detail with hopes it won't be overkill(god I hope I don't sound like a total douche...)

As to why I chose Jordan? I can't really explain, she just doesn't do it for me, she seems to have some complex childhood but I just don't get good vibes from her...I guess you could say that it's not her, it's me

Flashback is the best way to show how these people were before and it adds a lot to the story in my opinion. Take Lost as a prime example here, I actually loved the flashbacks way more than the preset day stuff. But flashbacks are not the only way to expand on someone's background, you could write a scene in which everyone could tell the dumbest thing they did back in the normal world(like when they were drunk/high and stuff like that) or you could write notes, journals etc..

That's actually very interesting. I might need to look into that a little. It might please you to know that I have more pre-apocalypse th

• edited April 2015

I completely understand. It may take some time, but I'll unravel Vincent's backstory and whatnot.

Once again, I understand that. :P

You have a very fine point. While I haven't watched more than a few episodes of Lost, I get what you mean. It can have very interesting affects to show what the characters were like before the outbreak, before they were put through hell and forced to adapt. It can demonstrate how far they've truly come.

Upshaw posted: »

Hahaha 'there's a ton to cover'...Yeah I guess you got a point there lol. For my defense I really can't see myself writing a character witho

• edited April 2015

I'd like to point out I will be writing a third point of view that will focus on Lindsay and Keith. I'm not sure when it will start, but it will happen :)

As for the other characters, they will be explored in due time!

janitor posted: »

Who are your favorite characters and why? Out of the main group I like Jordan the most. She is a very interesting character and very cool

• Who are your favorite characters and why? I enjoy Jerry, and Josephine has grow on me a bit.

Who are your least favorite characters and why? That bitch Clairce and Zafir.

Who do you think is going to die next and how and/or why? Jordan is the one who was bitten right? Yeah, probably her. Or Jerry/Josephine. You've been developing them both considerably and I think the death of the other will cause the other to go down a dark path.

What characters do you want to be explored and why? Josephine, Keith, Lindsay, and Christian, because well, Josephine's reason was given above, Keith needs some stuff, so does Lindsay, and Christian was obviously just alluded to.

Any ideas you might want to share? Romance.

• Jordan is the one who was bitten right? Yeah, probably her.

Christian was the one bitten, but they removed his fingers :P

Or Jerry/Josephine. You've been developing them both considerably and I think the death of the other will cause the other to go down a dark path.

You'll never know what I have planned >:3

Again, the other characters will be developed in due time.

Romance.

-Wiggles eyebrows up and down-

Who are your favorite characters and why? I enjoy Jerry, and Josephine has grow on me a bit. Who are your least favorite characters and w

• Alt text

Jordan is the one who was bitten right? Yeah, probably her. Christian was the one bitten, but they removed his fingers :P Or J

• Who are your favorite characters and why? Well, I like Atlanta (For obvious reasons, and some unobvious) For one, she's my character... So, Yeah. Also I like how her story is developing and her interactions with other characters. Also I happen to like Jerry, for his transformation from Jackass of the year to hometown hero. That was pretty cool.

I don't really know, but I still have an odd felling about Zafir...

Who do you think will die next and how and/or why?

Christian.... He's gonna take a nose dive off the RV. But in all seriousness, he is the most injured. Plus being impaired like that at an elevated surface, such as an RV cannot end well.

What Characters do you want to be explored and why?

Maybe a bit more of Josephine...

I like when the characters talk about their past with one another, it helps develop a sense of reality-ishness. Also I like flashbacks since they add depth to the character.

And also I'll agree with InGen, for no real reason. Just because I can and no one can stop me. Viva la vida.

• I'm glad you're enjoying your character's development, it makes me happy that I got the character right :D

Are you implying that you think Christian might roll off the RV? XD

Everyone wants romance all of sudden. I might just have to give it to the people... :P

Who are your favorite characters and why? Well, I like Atlanta (For obvious reasons, and some unobvious) For one, she's my character... So,

• Can I submit another character?

• Yep!

TheFurryOne posted: »

Can I submit another character?

• I'm thinking of finally writing that character obsessed with Jerry.

Yep!

• Well, I'll be patiently waiting for her/him.

I'm thinking of finally writing that character obsessed with Jerry.

• May God forgive me.

Well, I'll be patiently waiting for her/him.

• Get fucking wrecked, Christian, ouch

Who are your favorite characters and why? Every single time you ask this I think I have an answer but I never do.

Who are your least favorite characters and why? So far, I have no reason to hate any character. I'm not going to say Zafir or anyone in his group because we have yet to see his actions for this episode.

Who do you think is going to die next and how and/or why? Christian is the most injured but he looks to be safe for the time being. Jordan might want to be careful with what she says to Atlanta while they're stuck there...

What characters do you want to be explored and why? Now that we've heard a bit about Asher I kind of want to know his back story. We've heard a lot about Maria but little to nothing from her since she's MIA. We know nothing about Jerry, Dan, or Ashley's background. We're learning about Christian, Jordan, and Atlanta. My two main picks are Asher and Dan.

Any ideas you might want to share? Romance and more flashbacks. Liquid's speculation brings more to mind though. Asher and Christian seem to be on a good standing during the flashback but there looks to be some negativity coming from Christian which makes want to ask. Why does Asher want to know how long they've been dating?

You've definitely got my attention for a while.

• She likes to mess with Jerry's hair, and her nickname for him is darling/love.

She also gropes him unnecessarily.

Oh. My. God. This is going to get interesting... XD

May God forgive me.

• Are you implying that you think Christian might roll off the RV?

Maybe... Its always a possibility.... He Is currently the most exposed, and injured. also, "DO a BACKFLIP!"

And I don't know what everyone's sudden obsession is about... I just decided to jump on the bandwagon.

I'm glad you're enjoying your character's development, it makes me happy that I got the character right Are you implying that you think

Sign in to comment in this discussion.