House Tuttle

How do you think they became in the service of House Forrester? Why wasn't Gared's father with the Forresters

Comments

• edited May 2015

They are just farmers on their land that's all if you're refferring to Duncan in how he became Castellan I'm not sure.

Edit: Tuttle isn't a noble house.

• House Tuttle is a minor house in service to House Forrestor. Gared's father ran the farm that the Tuttles owned. As for Duncan, wiki is your friend :)

As a boy, Duncan showed such talent for managing his family’s farm that everyone assumed he’d one day inherit it. But Duncan was fated to run more than fields and a pigpen. One day, while supplicating at Ironrath, he struck up an unlikely friendship with Gregor Forrester, the heir to House Forrester. The two grew close, sharing food, drink, and women; when Gregor became lord he named Duncan his castellan. Many eyebrows were raised, but Duncan proved himself worthy and has served the House well in the many years since.

• edited May 2015

I wonder how's house tuttle looks like :/

• How do you think they became in the service of House Forrester? Why wasn't Gared's father with the Forresters

Through blood sacrifices of virgins, of course. Gared's father wasn't with the Forresters because he was shapeshifting into a snake at the time.

• edited May 2015

There is no "House Tuttle".

It's just a family that owns a farm.

• Personally I think (hope) that Gared is not a Tuttle at all but is actually the secret bastard son of Lord Forester.

Think about it . . . it would explain why Lord forester took such interest in Gared . . . and
    Gared "Tuttle" is the only playable character who is not a Forester child . . . . which makes him seem very out of place . . . unless that is he hapens to have Forester blood . . . that he doesn't even know about . . . .

• Interesting theory, but I think Gared resembles his father and Duncan much more than Lord Forrester, so I'm pretty sure he's still a Tuttle. Lord Forrester taking an interest in Gared was probably because of his friendship with Duncan.

Personally I think (hope) that Gared is not a Tuttle at all but is actually the secret bastard son of Lord Forester. Think about it . . .

• The playable characters were said to be 'members of House Forrester', not children of Lord Forrester.

Personally I think (hope) that Gared is not a Tuttle at all but is actually the secret bastard son of Lord Forester. Think about it . . .

• Yes . . . but that's not enough. If Gared being a bastard turned out to be an important plot twist . . . they wouldn't spoil it by announcing from the start that all players were children of the house. I am saying that as the only playable character (so far) that is not a child of Lord Forester, he seems very out of place.

JakeSt123 posted: »

The playable characters were said to be 'members of House Forrester', not children of Lord Forrester.

• I personally will be rooting for Gared "Forester"

It would be Gared Snow

I actually think the revere is true. He looks plenty like lord forester to me . . . more so than even Ethan! But who Gared looks like is a

• edited May 2015

I actually think the revere is true. He looks plenty like lord forester to me . . . more so than even Ethan!
    But who Gared looks like is a mater of opinion and I do respect yours.

I actual have a longer rant/post on my theory, in the link below. It is not rock solid, . . . there are holes that you can poke in it.
    But I still like it . . . . I personally will be rooting for Gared "Forester".
    https://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/comment/1933301#Comment_1933301

LoseMyHome posted: »

Interesting theory, but I think Gared resembles his father and Duncan much more than Lord Forrester, so I'm pretty sure he's still a Tuttle. Lord Forrester taking an interest in Gared was probably because of his friendship with Duncan.

• Not if he gets legitimized . . . Ramsey is no longer a Snow!

I personally will be rooting for Gared "Forester" It would be Gared Snow

• Well I'm not sure if he could realistically be legitimized, first of all Gregor is dead and IIRC legitimization requires king's approval.

Not if he gets legitimized . . . Ramsey is no longer a Snow!

• House Tuttle would have been the best house

• edited May 2015

You are correct in that (YES) I will concede that it is highly unlikely.

But rooting for the sure things, is no ware near as fun as rooting for the long shots.

Edard Stark is dead and "King" Stannis offered to legitimize Jon Snow.
    I can see Stannis doing the same for any other bastard who helps him win the north and the throne.

Well I'm not sure if he could realistically be legitimized, first of all Gregor is dead and IIRC legitimization requires king's approval.

• Guys, House Tuttle is a house. However there is barely any information on it and I think it's implied that they all died due to The Red Wedding.

• It's not a house, the Tuttles are a lowborn family of pig farmers, hence why so many eyebrows were raised when Duncan was elected as Castellan, and again when Gared was selected as Gregor's squire.

HarjKS posted: »

Guys, House Tuttle is a house. However there is barely any information on it and I think it's implied that they all died due to The Red Wedding.

• This might be the greatest house banner of all times.

• He would need a legitamate, recognized King to do that. Who is Gared going to be legitimized by that anyone would obey their decree? The Night's King? Mance is only a King beyond the Wall. Stannis only Wishes he were a King. Euron Greyjoy is in the Reach being all ' Ooooh I'm a crazy one eyed sorcerer captain...'. Tommen is a puppet. Daenarys is a foolish little twit, still too far away to be of use to anyone at all.

I really don't see the need for Gared to be a biological Forrester. The whole point of Gared is that he is a Forrester in his Heart and his loyalty is a Choice. As characters both he and his uncle help US believe that the Forresters are worthy of their unwavering faith, and ours. That they are a good family. Because if they weren't, why would the Tuttles fight and be true to them at any cost. Why would we care if they made it out of this?

Not if he gets legitimized . . . Ramsey is no longer a Snow!

• Fair points, especial the bit about loyalty being a choice.

but again, my "rooting for legitimization" it not the same as claiming it to be a likely outcome.

Your right about the story not needing for Gared to be a Forester.
    I would just consider it to be a better story if he was, but that is a matter of personal taste.
    I still say as a playable character he feels very out of place. The story has other characters who are Foresters by choice, but they are all NPC's.

Arya_Stupid posted: »

He would need a legitamate, recognized King to do that. Who is Gared going to be legitimized by that anyone would obey their decree? The Nig

• It's not a house, the Tuttles are a lowborn family of pig farmers, hence why so many eyebrows were raised when Duncan was elected as Castellan, and again when Gared was selected as Gregor's squire.

THANK YOU.
    Though I must admit that the banner and "words" posted by ReggiesLeftArm is a lot of fun . . .

The Turtles are not "a house", they are a lowborn peasants in service to the Foresters. I don't think they were serfs in the proper seance (i.e. slaves tied to the land) but it is possible (I don't really remember) that they don't even own the farm. They may have simply been tenants of Lord Forester, operating the farm for him. That was a very common type of real-world medieval arraignment.

If they did own the farm it would make them a step above most peasants, but still no ware near a "noble-house".

I think I recall Gared saying something like "Get off my Land!" to the solders that killed his family.
    That could indicate that the Tuttles did own the farm.

But that doesn't actually have to be the case . . . it could have been "there's" in the seance that tenements were (in the real world) often passed down from father to son in medieval times just as lordships were. A lowborn family could claim that land was "theirs" as a matter of tradition even if true ownership actually belonged to the Lord who had the power to kick them out if he ever needed to.

JakeSt123 posted: »

It's not a house, the Tuttles are a lowborn family of pig farmers, hence why so many eyebrows were raised when Duncan was elected as Castellan, and again when Gared was selected as Gregor's squire.

• Oh, dear........suddenly that whole scene between Talia and Gared before he leaves Ironrath becomes VERY awkward o_O

I actually think the revere is true. He looks plenty like lord forester to me . . . more so than even Ethan! But who Gared looks like is a

• I like your theory. I always thought it weird that he is the only playable character who is not a child of Gregor. And I agree that Gared does look more like Gregor. Maybe Duncan is the brother of his mother and his mom made the farmer believe Gared was his? But there is one thing: in ep 1, Talia seemed to like-like Gared. Would be weird if they are actually siblings. I don't want them turning into Cersei and her brother...

• Fair enough. To each their own, friend.

Fair points, especial the bit about loyalty being a choice. but again, my "rooting for legitimization" it not the same as claiming it to

Sign in to comment in this discussion.