The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• Well, Ubisoft does develop these games for a couple of years but I do agree that taking some time to fix and polish the game can come with great benefits as in to avoid unneeded hate. I think we shouldn't judge unreleased games on past mistakes, we should give it a chance then give the necessary criticism after the release.

It took them until Brotherhood to include multiplayer and it did upset me to see they removed it to put in Co-op.

kaleion posted: »

But if most people are downright unable to play it at launch because of how unfinished the game is don't you think they should take more tim

• Why thou m8

Saltlick123 posted: »

Saw those, They're kewl but I hope this doesn't mean that Harley will have a relationship with Deadshot

• I think for the contrary we should judge these companies for their past mistakes because otherwise they aren't going to learn from them, if you let them get away with them they are more likely to do it again and again, besides this wasn't the only instance of Ubisoft doing something like this, remember how in that same year they sold Watch_Dogs by using images that weren't representative of their product? Or how they purposefully made the embargo time for Unity too long so that the game would come out before there were reviews because they knew it was broken and unfinished?

They are a piece of shit company and they need to learn from their mistakes the bad ways just like they did with Assassin's Creed 2 and their stupid always on-line DRM which would boot you from the game without saving if you experienced any sort of connectivity issues, even for a couple of seconds or how one of the ANNO games would block itself from playing if you changed video cards on your PC because it had DRM that limited installs and it counted changing video cards as a new one?

What I'm saying is that they don't deserve the benefit of the doubt, not anymore because they have already demonstrated that they only learn the bad way.

Well, Ubisoft does develop these games for a couple of years but I do agree that taking some time to fix and polish the game can come with g

• "Clickety clack! Get into my sack!"

• I never said we shouldn't give them criticism, in fact in my last post I actually said:

we should give it a chance then give the necessary criticism after the release.

We should give criticism as it will allow growth and change in a more positive manner for the fans. In fact I never said we shouldn't judge Ubisoft for it either as I said:

I think we shouldn't judge unreleased games on past mistakes

Any new games could be increasingly different from the last.

I understand your dislike for Ubisoft and your need to point out their mistakes but despite that I am still a fan of them. I will buy the next Assassin's Creed and most likely preorder it, you can do anything you like about it and I shall do the same. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt even if you don't.

Despite this, it has been an enjoyable debate with you over this.

I think for the contrary we should judge these companies for their past mistakes because otherwise they aren't going to learn from them, if

• Alt text

Markd4547 posted: »

Today is one of those days I'm glad I joined these forums great entertainment and debates tonight

• Yeah regarding my past i cant really go to the police, they are corrupt.
    And feminism is high here. If a girl beat me up she gets away with it.
    If i would beat a girl i get 3 months prison

I hope your ok that is horrible inform the police

• I love this.

That ending.

https://youtu.be/bufTna0WArc

• I understand that you said that, but Ubisoft actively slows down reviews to prevent you from hearing from what they did wrong before you buy it, therefore doing something like pre-ordering isn't really the right way to go, if you really love the series it would be best if you didn't and waited until after reviews came out to buy it to convey the message that you don't want them to release the game in a poor state just because they can patch it later, of course these companies aren't stupid and tempt the consumer with pre-order bonuses so that they don't do this, since if they are fans they'll likely want those, though I'm not sure if AS has those but other companies definitely do that.

In any case while I understand your sentiment, dislike for their previews practices must be shown in order to convince them that they should not be in the new game because these guys really can't understand in any other way.

In any case like you said you do what you like, to be honest it's unlikely that I will even bother buying any Ubisoft products until they change their practices, which I doubt they will.

I never said we shouldn't give them criticism, in fact in my last post I actually said: we should give it a chance then give the neces

• I don't really care about what reviewers say about things and I like to form my own opinion about things. I can understand your dislike but despite it I will still enjoy the game (Most likely). You can decide what you want to do and I will decide what I want to do. I feel as if this debate has run it's course and we have both stated our own feelings about the subject enough.

I understand that you said that, but Ubisoft actively slows down reviews to prevent you from hearing from what they did wrong before you buy

• edited May 2015

But reviewers in this case aren't there to judge the quality of the game design, they are needed to inform us if the thing actually works or not, which Unity didn't, or if the publicity flat-out lied like in the case of Aliens Colonial Marines, which also pulled the same embargo shit.

When publishers cannot be trusted too release a complete product is when a reviewer is most useful as they can tell you if the game is broken or not.

I mean opinions are valuable to but like it or not there are certain parts of games that can be judged from an entirely objective standpoint and that is whether it works or not, which is like the most important thing.

I don't really care about what reviewers say about things and I like to form my own opinion about things. I can understand your dislike but

• As I still have said I'm going to buy it either way and for me it worked almost perfectly.

I feel as if this debate has run it's course and we have both stated our own feelings about the subject enough.

Still, I feel a need to put more pressure on this. I'm tired of debating about this so don't think of it as too rude if I don't reply again.

But reviewers in this case aren't there to judge the quality of the game design, they are needed to inform us if the thing actually works or

• That's OK, the discussion was already over I had only felt I had miscommunicated why reviews were important in this instance, so I clarified.

As I still have said I'm going to buy it either way and for me it worked almost perfectly. I feel as if this debate has run it's cours

• Okay okay so I love this

https://youtu.be/aoe9ST8gQhQ

• [removed]

Today is one of those days I'm glad I joined these forums great entertainment and debates tonight

• Thanks, hope the same for you.

Glad you're happy man.

• The feeling of elation I have right now is so amazing

• I had a really good race in my Track Meet today
    • My team ended up winning the League Championship with that meet
    • I got $50 Steam Cash and I can now buy GTA V
    • P!ATD released a new song

SO

MUCH

HAPPY

• That's good :D

Thanks, I am a bit more calm and focused than I was at school today. Actually, I did get my Hyperion shirt a while back and wore it today...Pretty comfortable.

• Glad you're happy man.

ComingSoon posted: »

The feeling of elation I have right now is so amazing * I had a really good race in my Track Meet today * My team ended up winning the

• Thanks, I am a bit more calm and focused than I was at school today. Actually, I did get my Hyperion shirt a while back and wore it today...Pretty comfortable.

Thanks, hope the same for you.

• I wish you could click to un-like something.

• I hate it when I like something that I didn't mean too. This needs to be a feature.

I wish you could click to un-like something.

• Congrats, also, there's been some tweets and posts by Stauffer concerning TFTBL and TWD.

The feeling of elation I have right now is so amazing * I had a really good race in my Track Meet today * My team ended up winning the

I saw that too, hopefully some big news this week or next.

Congrats, also, there's been some tweets and posts by Stauffer concerning TFTBL and TWD.

• Alt text

Thanks I saw that too, hopefully some big news this week or next.

• Salt123's Movie of the Day...........Previously: Gallipoli Today: High Anxiety

Alt text

• Why do I even bother to still occasionally watch NCIS anymore? It's the same thing over and over and then they'll kill a minor character introduced the season before and blablabla, Season Finale wasn't that good in my opinion but I doomed the whole children terrorist angle.

• UPDATE: hour 4, i am still replaying it

Okay okay so I love this https://youtu.be/aoe9ST8gQhQ

• ok so i probably need help I egn haAwhat is thsi

https://youtu.be/medZHgECejI?list=FLr3d4popojtSwzDtjE6UDxw

• Internet arguments are always hilarious to me.

• That's nice.

Internet arguments are always hilarious to me.

• It's pretty good. Might be hard to understand the dialogue at times. The audio isn't brilliant.

You keep on insisting that it isn't bad so I will take your word for it and give it a shot. I just can't help but feel skeptical.

• Saw it about two weeks ago at school. Couldn't really find much to complain about except for the ending.

Saltlick123 posted: »

Salt123's Movie of the Day.............Previously The Detonator (aka Death Train) Today Gallipoli

• Yeah, but in reality that's what a lot of the endings were for them (you know)

Saw it about two weeks ago at school. Couldn't really find much to complain about except for the ending.

• AWESOMEOAWESOMEO Banned
    edited May 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kspPE9E1yGM

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND AVOIDING CLICKING PLAY BECAUSE JB IS SINGING BUT I POSTED THIS VIDEO JUST TO GIVE CONTEXT FOR THIS COMMENT:

Alt text

^ LMFAO

• Thanks. I feel much better now than I did. When you get away from it all, it really lends perspective and clarity in the mind.

Hey, welcome back man, good to see you.

• edited May 2015

Alt text

Hello there. Been a long time, hasn't it? Missed Me?

• Hey, welcome back man, good to see you.

Hello there. Been a long time, hasn't it? Missed Me?

• That's good to hear, sometimes we all just need to take a break from it all, nice to see you back.

Thanks. I feel much better now than I did. When you get away from it all, it really lends perspective and clarity in the mind.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.