The Lannister Assasin

I noticed there was some speculation as to who sent the Lannister assasin after Mira, it was clearly Lord Whitehill. When Rodrick met with Gwyn she said "my fathers sending a great deal of money to King's landing". I wonder how Lord Whitehill will react to the failed assasination attempt. It's hard working with Gwyn when the rest of her faily are complete ****ers, did you agree to try to make peace between the families?

Comments

• I don't want to make peace, whatever gwyn whitehil says, it's total bullshit. And I will be going to start a war, even though Rodrik is cripple.

• It wasn't 'clearly' Lord Whitehill we don't know who it was Ludd sending gold doesn't mean he hired an assassin.

• I was just putting two and two together, you would think that sending alot of gold to Kings landing would mean hiring an assasin, unless you can suggest a better reason (let me know what you think?) What other motive would the Whitehill's have to send money, aside from killing Mira. It would be a wise move on their behalf, considering the alliances she could potentially form [spoiler: tyrion, or that dude she met at the wedding] which she could use to the benefit of her house. So it seemed pretty clear to me anyway that they were sending money to an assasin, if not I guess they fooled me. Anyway it's just my opinion...

AgentZ46 posted: »

It wasn't 'clearly' Lord Whitehill we don't know who it was Ludd sending gold doesn't mean he hired an assassin.

• My issue is you said it as if it was fact you may very well be right but you don't know. Personally I think the person who sent the assassin is someone completely different and the gold is for something else... I have no idea what though.

• Ok, I guess I could have been more selective in my choice of words, after all this is game of thrones so pretty much nothing is a certainty. Anything can happen, so if this is over my choice of wording I guess you're right. I still think there is a high chance of that being the case

AgentZ46 posted: »

My issue is you said it as if it was fact you may very well be right but you don't know. Personally I think the person who sent the assassin is someone completely different and the gold is for something else... I have no idea what though.

• Lord Whitehill could have sent money to bribe people to accept his Ironwood offer, and buy from the Whitehills. Sending money to King's Landing does not necessarily mean hiring an assassin.

• Besides the point, but Damien is a horrible assasin, Ezio Auditore, Altair etc. see him and probably laugh hardly

But yeah, I promised to make peace but if Ludd will be an annoying douche like that more, I don't think that will happen

• Seriously, the only thing Damien is really good at is dying. How did he manage to die when Mira runs away still goes over my head.

Crips posted: »

Besides the point, but Damien is a horrible assasin, Ezio Auditore, Altair etc. see him and probably laugh hardly But yeah, I promised to make peace but if Ludd will be an annoying douche like that more, I don't think that will happen

• Hiring an assassin does not seem to be Ludd Whitehill's style for some reason.
    There's a better chance the assassin was hired by one of the merchant Lords in his employ and not him directly.

• I dunno. If that was the case wouldn't it make more sense for us to learn about the gold before the assassination attempt?

• Well, that and his killer smile.

Pipas posted: »

Seriously, the only thing Damien is really good at is dying. How did he manage to die when Mira runs away still goes over my head.

• It has to be Lord morgrym (dunno how to spell his name) because we haven't been introduced to any other characters...

• Since when did us not being introduced to a character yet mean that they have no effect on the plot???

It has to be Lord morgrym (dunno how to spell his name) because we haven't been introduced to any other characters...

• That's what I said on my prediction discussion. Also it's not Ludd Whitehill it has to be Cersei Lannister.

• "...a handmaiden should know her place..." - Damien

"You must at least agree that our handmaiden should know her place... and that place is not with my bother, Tyrion." - Cersei

I think we already know who sent the assassin...

• I assumed it was Cersei. The way she said the phrase "Our handmaidens should know her place..." and the look she gave Mira when she came in with Sera in Episode 3. Cersei knows that whether or not the assassin failed, Mira will be in ruin either way and is deliberately plotting against her.

• I feel like Ludd either payed the lords or Tom.

I'm not sure why people think Tom was hired by varys considering he's not gonna appear in the game and it doesn't make sense Varys would be concerned for a minor house of the North.

However it does make sense Ludd would pay Tom to spy on Mira, even if Tom really thinks he's out to help Mira.

• The reason many people think Tom works for Varys is because his character model is called "Little Bird". Though this could easily be a red herring thrown in by Telltale.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.