Details that people might forget, don't notice or just don't know about Tales From The Borderlands

Comments

• Timothy confirmed?

Janek95 posted: »

So I was playing Episode 1 again and in teaser to episode 2 i noticed this 1 second flash with kitty. I played every Borderlands game, but s

• Does Timothy have some kitty backpack? I never played as Doppelganger.

Timothy confirmed?

• Not as far as I know, but he does love kitty cats. That was my thinking ;)

Does Timothy have some kitty backpack? I never played as Doppelganger.

• So be it. Timothy confirmed.

Not as far as I know, but he does love kitty cats. That was my thinking

• edited May 2015

Tales from the Borderlands takes place in 2874 or 2875

• edited May 2015

What are you talking about Greasy? This must be another one of your crazy ramblings again.

Silence! You challenge me?

Roland graduated in 2854. Roland is 34 years old. The average graduates 18-19 year old. I picked 19.

2869 <----Time borderlands 2 takes place. Borderlands 1 is about 2864

TFTBL take place maybe 5-6 years after BL2 = 2874 or 2876.

Want more?

Roland was born 2835

If Handsome Jack is 41 years old (which makes sense) he was born in 2828

If Angel was 19 (I cant tell her age, 19 is a nice estimate) in borderlands 2, then her DOB is 2850.

Tales from the Borderlands takes place in 2874 or 2875

• Any questions on todays class lessons? If not, class is dismissed.

What are you talking about Greasy? This must be another one of your crazy ramblings again. Silence! You challenge me? Roland graduated

• No but he ruvs them!

Does Timothy have some kitty backpack? I never played as Doppelganger.

• Vasquez originally makes Rhys dig his own grave, but then says he's going to bring his dead body back to Hyperion.

• Funny how I can't find this kitty anywhere in the files.

Or I'm just not looking hard enough.

So I was playing Episode 1 again and in teaser to episode 2 i noticed this 1 second flash with kitty. I played every Borderlands game, but s

• There are characters, mentioned or are present in the game, but does not appear.

• Claptrap
    • Mad Moxxi
    • Brick
  • We totally have to see claptrap! He's even in one of the episode pictures! God I love claptrap

There are characters, mentioned or are present in the game, but does not appear. * Claptrap * Mad Moxxi * Brick

• In Town with bandits is sign ATLAS and there is Handsome jack line about him 269 days ago (it was about year)
    So Borderlands 2 -> Year later -> TFTB

What are you talking about Greasy? This must be another one of your crazy ramblings again. Silence! You challenge me? Roland graduated

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator
    edited May 2015
    • General Pollux's pager actually works in real time, so depending on when you open his stasis chamber you might see different words.
    • You can look at Pollux's eyes twice before cutting it out with the spork, the first one has Sasha commenting that you're basically doing him a favor seeing as his eyes are creepy, then the second time Sasha again comments on the eyes being creepy, but Fiona adds "They do sort of follow you around the room."
    • If you told Handsome Jack he died, Rhys will say "I-it's... like I told you: Handsome Jack... is dead." While if you didn't earlier, Rhys'll say "Handsome Jack died down on Pandora. I mean here on Pandora."
    • Loader Bot can actually tell what tone of voice you're using when you ask him to come down, if you select, "Get Down Here, Idiot!", Loader Bot will give the response he gives if you blew him up, which is "Oh, I see, now you need me."
    • If you ask Sasha to cover you, you lose the grill in the back, while if you ask her to cover Rhys you don't.

Asking Sasha to help Rhys:

Alt text

Asking Sasha to help Fiona:

Alt text

• I saw a timeline somewhere that showed how far the borderlands games where a part. Cant find it now.

SzymeG posted: »

In Town with bandits is sign ATLAS and there is Handsome jack line about him 269 days ago (it was about year) So Borderlands 2 -> Year later -> TFTB

• If you choose the voice activation option enough times when decoding Vasquez's gun. You get this awesome moment;

Alt text

• This too:

Alt text

(which is freakin' hilarious)

If you choose the voice activation option enough times when decoding Vasquez's gun. You get this awesome moment;

• I shall be more aware of HJ in the future. :D

This too: (which is freakin' hilarious)

• Ahhh, is there a playthrough I can watch?

• Interesting fact;

During the scene in Ep2 when you are held at gunpoint in Felix's place, the four characters are all voiced by someone who also played a part in The Wolf Among Us.

Adam Harrington, who voices Kroger, is also the voice of Bigby Wolf.

Erin Yvette, who voices Sasha, is also the voice of Snow White.

Dave Fennoy, who voices Finch, is also the voice of Bluebeard.

And finally. Laura Bailey, who voices Fiona, is also the voice of Aunty Greenleaf.

• To add to this;

Roger L. Jackson, who voices The Stranger, is also the voice of Ichabod Crane.

He is also well known for voicing "Ghostface" in the Scream franchise. So I wouldn't f*** with him if I were you Rhys and Fiona :)

Interesting fact; During the scene in Ep2 when you are held at gunpoint in Felix's place, the four characters are all voiced by someone w

• edited May 2015

Honestly, I got a tiny tina vibe from it due to her crazy stuffed animals.

• A strange reunion in another universe. :)

Interesting fact; During the scene in Ep2 when you are held at gunpoint in Felix's place, the four characters are all voiced by someone w

• Damn, I want a video of this, because Im too lazy to replay ;3

• If you pause the game while HoloJack is on screen his pixel flake thingies will still move. Not important but it's kinda neat.

• Same thing happens when you pause and Sasha's got the sandwich cooking.

The steam from it continues to be in motion.

Clause posted: »

If you pause the game while HoloJack is on screen his pixel flake thingies will still move. Not important but it's kinda neat.

• I laughed so hard when I read that, I usually check everything with the Echo eye XD

Trentest0 posted: »

When using the ECHO Eye on the skeletal fish in the World of Curiosities, it was say (paraphrased) "Can be summoned from the depths to perfo

• Same thing happens in other telltale games too

Same thing happens when you pause and Sasha's got the sandwich cooking. The steam from it continues to be in motion.

• edited May 2015

Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but depending on whether Fiona or Rhys is currently telling the story, Fiona reacts differently to Rhys freaking out about seeing Jack for the first time. In Fiona's version, she just says "What is it?" and appears sympathetic to his freaking out (see the video below at 4:07). In Rhys's version, she says "G-gah! What?" and looks annoyed at him for freaking out (see the video below at 15:16).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7C4Qij1haVE

A similar difference happens during a moment in Episode 1, depending on who's version is being told. Kind of. It's hard to tell if it is really the same moment because it seems like the order of events is a bit different in Fiona's and Rhys's stories. When Rhys and Vaughn first meet August, Rhys and Sasha look at each other for a few seconds. In Fiona's version, this happens after August asks if Vasquez is coming and Sasha tells Fiona that two guys are there but neither are Vasquez, and then Sasha looks at Rhys and he smiles back (see video at 1:07:27). In Rhys's version, it happens right before August asks if Vasquez is coming and Sasha and Rhys give each other suspicious, unfriendly looks (see video at 42:22).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCp51U5a7xM

• take all .prop files swap them every prop file.

Funny how I can't find this kitty anywhere in the files. Or I'm just not looking hard enough.

• edited May 2015

That's some nice details! They are both unreliable narrators, which fits perfectly. :)

TWDGFTW posted: »

Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but depending on whether Fiona or Rhys is currently telling the story, Fiona reacts differently to

• Right? Yeah. And thank you. =)

That's some nice details! They are both unreliable narrators, which fits perfectly.

• Jack from The Wolf Among Us and Handsome Jack both have yellow subtitles.

Alt text

• Someone should do a model swap to figure out who the guy in the suit is.

• Well,excuse me if this question sounds dumb or something,but:Who’s Jack from TWAU?

Poogers555 posted: »

Jack from The Wolf Among Us and Handsome Jack both have yellow subtitles.

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

Alt text

ZapThroat posted: »

Well,excuse me if this question sounds dumb or something,but:Who’s Jack from TWAU?

• Yeah,now I remember.Sorry,I played TWAU only once and forgot all of the characters.

And also : THX m8.

• An unused line from episode 2 of Rhys ;3

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0r7w7trvv8z

• Oh God!

I am somehow both very uncomfortable and very satisfied by this. But all around frightened for Rhys' sake.

Thank you for sharing <3

• OoO

Do you think it was him saying it, or did they change the amount of control Jack was given at the end?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.