Theory; Do you think ---- & ---- are brothers?

Okay possible spoilers; and I'll get straight to the point. Do you think Maester Ortengryn and Morgryn could be brothers? Not only are their names familiar, but they also kind of look alike. Which would make ALOT of sense if the Maester is the traitor, having a brother working with the Whitehill's etc. Now please, let me know!

Comments

• I don't think so but good theory nonetheless.

• Morgryn is his surname, isn't it?

It does make a lot of sense actually. I like this idea.

But I somewhat doubt a maester would be able to interact a lot with their brother. But still, excellent point.

• I honestly have no idea but I like the idea of giving the maester more of an identity or backstory.

• Thanks guys! I only question it, because in the Maester's bio it even said," Maester Ortengryn studied at the Citadel in the hope of being assigned to the Eyrie..." My thought is, why would that be relevant if not a subtle hint of treachery? That having a brother that he may communicate with to plot out how to get him out of Ironrath, and to where he wants to go.

• It doesn't necessarily have to be his surname. Like, for example, people call Tywin "Lord Tywin" not "Lord Lannister"

Morgryn is his surname, isn't it? It does make a lot of sense actually. I like this idea. But I somewhat doubt a maester would be able to interact a lot with their brother. But still, excellent point.

• edited May 2015

welp...maybe?...

• One of the most interesting and logical theories by far! I wonder how I didn't notice the coincidence of names, even though I was the one who supported Ortengryn's betrayal theory right after Episode One was released. Nicely done!

• Maester Ortengryn is from Vale, so keep that in mind.

• Yeah, I noticed this a while back. It seems like it could be a common trait for names of people from the Vale i.e. Arryn, Hardyng. So, while they may not be brothers, it's certainly plausible they know each other, if they're from the same place. Lord Morgryn seems to be the game's stand-in for Petyr Baelish, who is also born in the Vale, so this may turn out important.

• Wow, thanks man! And same here, my money has always been on the Maester. Just because the other candidate(Lady Forester) doesn't seem the kind of woman to risk the rest of her family, especially after seeing Ethan brutally murdered with Ludd watching. As for Ducan and Royland; Duncan was Gregor's best friend/North Grove confidant. And Royland has stayed true to the Foresters for years, absolutely no reason to betray his house.

JohnKersky posted: »

One of the most interesting and logical theories by far! I wonder how I didn't notice the coincidence of names, even though I was the one who supported Ortengryn's betrayal theory right after Episode One was released. Nicely done!

• Huh. Good theory.

• I guess it's worth noting that Ortengryn's chain links are in medicine/surgery and economics...

Sign in to comment in this discussion.