Forum of Thrones: An Interactive Story

Comments

• [Give Irving a signal to shoot the man] What could possibly go wrong?

• [Give Irving a signal to shoot the man]

Maya She thought about it for a short moment. On the one hand, she was pretty sure that Irving was a mediocre archer at best. On the othe

• {Give irving the signal}..... Irving is so dead but oh well she should be fine

• [give irving a signal to shoot the man]

Maya She thought about it for a short moment. On the one hand, she was pretty sure that Irving was a mediocre archer at best. On the othe

• InGen_Nate_KennyInGen_Nate_Kenny Moderator
    edited May 2015

[Try to hide by crawling deeper into the bush]

Come on guys, safety.

• True now Maya has safely crawled closely towards Bear and Rodrik good plan :p

I'm just playing both choices have potential to go horribly wrong.

[Try to hide by crawling deeper into the bush] Come on guys, safety.

• I'm curious as to what choices we would get if Maya had taken the bow or left it behind.

• MadManLeeMadManLee Banned
    edited May 2015

(Give Irving the signal to shoot the man)

• Has Rodrik appeared in the story before and I just don't remember or is he a new character?

• If Maya would have taken the bow, she would have had the option to shoot the man herself, while Irving would have done nothing. If she would have left the bow behind, she would have had the option to surprise attack the man before he could find her, in the hope that this would surprise Bear and Rodrik enough to give her the time to get away.

AgentZ46 posted: »

I'm curious as to what choices we would get if Maya had taken the bow or left it behind.

• edited May 2015

Rodrik is a new character, who wasn't even mentioned before. I sadly missed an opportunity to mention him in an earlier part, but I plan to reveal more about him soon.

Has Rodrik appeared in the story before and I just don't remember or is he a new character?

• Thanks for letting me know :)

If Maya would have taken the bow, she would have had the option to shoot the man herself, while Irving would have done nothing. If she would

• [Give Irving a signal to shoot the man] GG Maya. You will be missed but our hero Irving will tell everyone how you died a glorious death while he ran away. xD

• [Give Irving a signal]

The return of the Bear!

• Whi the hell names his character "Kreep"? Except is a joke one

• edited May 2015

I can't tell you too much about the character for spoiler reasons, but he is absolutely not a joke character and his name makes sense from his backstory. I can reveal that it is obviously not his birth name. And it'll be very obvious why he's named like that once he appears.

supersagig posted: »

Whi the hell names his character "Kreep"? Except is a joke one

• Someone like Reek I'd assume.

I can't tell you too much about the character for spoiler reasons, but he is absolutely not a joke character and his name makes sense from h

I like to live dangerously (⌐■_■)

• Who the hell names his character "Kreep"?

Me.

supersagig posted: »

Whi the hell names his character "Kreep"? Except is a joke one

I have faith in him. Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

• It's a very good thing... I love Irving!!!

Partition posted: »

[Give Irving a signal to shoot the man] I have faith in him. Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

• edited May 2015

The Voting is closed!

Maya will give Irving a signal to shoot the man

Looking through the results of the latest poll InGen made, I am positively surprised that Ser Rodrik got respectable 40% of the votes, considering he just got introduced. After all, Bear is the guy who wiped the floor with Gutten and Temari (both of them huge badasses in their own right), killed Cass by ripping out her throat, survived a sneak attack from Samantha before nearly killing her too and was only forced to retreat after Janae started sniping him. On top of that, he did all of it without even drawing his sword. But I think it's safe to say that the guy who is mainly known for kinslaying and who owns a pretty neat sword is not a weakling either, so you certainly did nothing wrong by choosing Rodrik in the latest poll. In some aspects he might be even more dangerous than Bear. More about how dangerous these two are exactly will be revealed in coming parts, but I guess it's no spoiler when I reveal that both of them are extremely dangerous and shouldn't be underestimated.

The new part is about halfway written. It will be a long Jaron part and it will roughly mark the point where the chapter is halfway written. I'll try my best to finish it later today or early tomorrow.

• You're such a Kreep ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

TheFurryOne posted: »

Who the hell names his character "Kreep"? Me.

• I do too ;)

It's a very good thing... I love Irving!!!

• Jarim teh Baztird! Is anyone else wanting to know what happended with Marak and Nora, AKA Norak?

The Voting is closed! Maya will give Irving a signal to shoot the man Looking through the results of the latest poll InGen made, I am

• ooh we all know what happened ;>

Bounden posted: »

Jarim teh Baztird! Is anyone else wanting to know what happended with Marak and Nora, AKA Norak?

• edited May 2015

Jaron

Jaron gave Martin a nod and saw the shocked look in Robb's face. “What?”, the man stuttered. “No... No!” He didn't manage to continue, as Martin's fist hit him in the face. “Fuck!”, Robb exclaimed, as Martin grabbed him at the collar of his shirt, delivering a second blow to his face, followed by a third.

“Okay, Robb. Here's how it's done”, Martin growled. “I'm asking you a few questions and every time I don't like your answer, I'm going to hit you” To prove his point, he punched him in the stomach, causing Robb to let out a pained groan. “Fuck. You”, he stuttered, his face already lightly bruised. Blood was flowing out of his nose and the look on his face was a mixture of pain and fear.

“Wrong fucking answer, Robb, wrong fucking answer”, Martin chuckled, punching him again. “Fuck... Fuck... please no... Jaren, help!”, Robb begged, but Jaron shook his head. “Tell us the truth and I'll stop him”, he answered. Robb's facial expression switched to a truly desperate look. “I'm telling you the truth! Fuck don't let him...”, he stuttered, but Martin cut him off by punching him in the ribs, pressing the air out of his lungs.

“First question, Robb”, the mercenary growled. “Are you working for Butterfly?” He raised his fist and Robb flinched. “No... No! Fuck, I'm loyal to the Burned Man, I am loyal!”, he pleaded. Martin's fist hit him in the face again, albeit lighter than before. “I don't believe you”, he hissed, throwing Robb on the ground.

Jaron pressed his lips together as he saw how Martin kicked the other man violently in the ribs. He felt his own ribs as Robb yelped in pain. “I'm telling you the truth, I'm telling you the truth!”, he screamed in panic. “I'm loyal! I never betrayed you! Don't hit me!”

Martin showed no mercy and continued to beat Robb, mainly targeting the man's face. “Tell me the truth!”, he shouted, as he raised his hand again. Robb was trying to break free from Martin's grip, but as he noticed that the mercenary was stronger, he tried to protect his face from the punches. “Please!”, he screamed and Jaron noticed tears running down the man’s face. “Please, I am not a traitor!” He sobbed pathetically. “Don't kill me! I was only following the Burned Man's orders!”

Martin hit him again and Jaron had to look away for a moment. “Please...”, he heard Robb's cracking voice. He looked at Martin again, who was raising his hand for another punch. “I'm still not believing you, Robb”, the mercenary growled.

“Martin!”, Jaron shouted. Both, Martin and Robb, looked at him in surprise. “Let him go”, he commanded. “I don't think he's a traitor” Martin looked at him as if he had lost his mind. “Are you kidding me?”, the mercenary said. Jaron shook his head. “Look at him”, he commanded. Robb was hanging in Martin's grip, bloody, bruised, crying, looking pathetic. “He can't take much more. You want to kill him? You said he is a good man”

Martin pressed his lips together. “I said that”, he admitted. “But that was before I found this little rat talking with the fucking cat!”, he shouted angrily. “You've heard him! He talked to the Tom. They made plans....”

Now it was up to Robb to get angry. “Are you fucking listen to me?”, he shouted at the top of his lungs. “I was ordered to defect. I played a fucking role! And you come here and beat me up just because you don't believe me!”

“We have every reason not to believe you, Robb”, Martin growled. “You have no evidence of your innocence” Jaron narrowed his eyes as Martin raised his fist again. “Martin!”, he shouted and the mercenary lowered his fist again. “And you have no evidence of my guilt!”, Robb stuttered. “Besides, take me to the Burned Man and he will confirm my innocence”

Martin shook his head. “The hell we'll do!”, he shouted and this time Jaron took a step forwards. Martin was about to kill the man and that would take it too far. That was something Jaron would not stand for. “Martin...”, he said softly. “It's okay. I don't think he's lying, or else he would have confessed by now”

He pointed at Robb, who was heavily bruised, his tears mixing with blood as they ran down his face. “Look at him. You think someone like him wouldn't have confessed by now? Do you want to kill him?” He saw Martin's face dropping as he considered what Jaron just said. Finally, the mercenary let out a sigh and released Robb from his grip. The other man sank to the ground, breathing in relief. He gave Jaron a thankful look. “You did the right decision”, he said. “And I owe you my life”

Jaron answered with a cold glare. “I'm not doing this for you”, he hissed. “But I'm a knight. I won't look away when people get killed over suspicions” Despite his pain, Robb managed to chuckle. “So, you're one of these people who think they are something better because someone put a 'Ser' in front of their name, right?”, he managed to say. “Listen, hedge knight, bring me to the Burned Man and he will confirm my story!”

Martin pulled Robb up to his feet again, causing the other man to let out a pained groan. “You think we should do this?”, he asked Jaron. “I do”, Jaron answered. “We bring him to the Burned Man. And then we will decide how we continue”

The mercenary grinned as he patted Robb on the back. “You got lucky that Ser Jaron here is such a noble criminal”, he said and Jaron slightly shivered as he heard these words. It was for a good cause. He wasn't here to aid the Burned Man, he was here to kill Butterfly. From what he had seen, the Burned Man was the better alternative. He wouldn't help him in his criminal activities, but he would help him in killing an even bigger monster. That's why he stayed. To protect the innocent, to help those in need... As he closed his eyes he saw Harpy, as they sat in the small hideout, drinking cheap wine, having a good time.

“Let's go...”, Jaron mumbled and Martin gave him a curious look. “Have I said anything wrong, friend?”, he asked. Jaron did not answer, instead he left the room and took a deep breath. Perhaps he was already involved to deep in all of this. For the first time, he noticed that he didn't want to leave the city. He couldn't leave, not before that monster Butterfly would get what he deserved!

Martin and Robb left the room behind him. Robb was walking like a drunken man and the pale skin underneath his bruises made Jaron worry that Martin took it too far with the beating. He never wanted to kill the man or cause him serious harm. Especially since he had doubts about his guilt. “I'm going to bring you to the Burned Man”, Martin proclaimed. “Don't try anything. You know I'm the better fighter” Robb mumbled something unintelligible and followed Martin and Jaron outside, leaving his run-down room behind.

As they walked through the streets of Oldtown, Jaron soon noticed from the position of the Hightower that they weren't walking towards the backalley where the Burned Man's hideout was located the last time. Robb stayed silent for most of the time, aside from the occasional pained groan. He was slightly staggering forwards and more than once, Jaron feared he might drop down unconscious. Martin was unusually silent too. His knuckles were bruised similar to Robb's face and his friendly smile was all but gone. He looked like a man who knew that he almost took it too far. And Jaron simply wasn't in a mood for smalltalk, so he appreciated the silence.

The buildings they passed soon got larger, more luxurious, in a much better shape than the barracks they had found Robb in. It was already way after sundown and the huge mansions that stood at the sides of the streets looked like giants, watching every of his steps. The huge fire at the top of the Hightower was burning now, showing it's position to ships a hundred miles across the sea. Beneath these huge buildings, Jaron felt smaller than before and he was painfully aware of his still wounded arm and ribs. He was perfectly able to swing his sword with one arm, but a single blow to his wounds could incapacitate him. It would be weeks until he could even think of fighting like he used to do. But he was sure that Butterfly would make his moves against them before he would have regained his full strength.

Martin lead them to a large mansion, four stories high, surrounded by a small wall. It was obviously a good neighbourhood, as evidenced by similar mansions all around this one. From here, the Hightower darkened a significant portion of the sky. A small lantern burned next to the large wooden door of the mansion. Martin took a short bow. “I present you the Burned Man's second hideout”, he explained and caught Jaron's look. “He has several all over the city and changes them every week. That way he is able to evade Butterfly”

With these words they neared the door and Martin knocked on the door. “If we're lucky, Harpy already expected us and prepared a few refreshments”, Martin said and his grin returned. “I'd kill for a good Arbor Gold” Jaron believed every word the mercenary said. He also noticed that Robb's face slightly dropped as he heard that. “What's the matter, Robb? You're not looking forward for free drinks? Or are you afraid of the Burned Man?”, he asked. Robb shook his head. “It's not the Burned Man, no. I'm just not looking forward to meet his lovely bird”

Before Jaron could answer, the door was opened. Harpy was standing in the doorway, looking stunning as always, albeit the look on her face was cold as she saw Robb. She had her hair pinned-up with a sharp brazen hairpin and her dark eyes had a strangely distant look in them. “Harpies aren't birds, Robb”, she greeted them with a sullen voice. “It's like calling a dragon a lizard” She turned around, giving them a handwave to enter. “Or like calling you a man”

The room behind her was lavishly furnished, full with elaborate decorations from the Free Cities. Myrish tapestry, Tyroshi wooden furniture, Pentoshi gold. For a moment, Jaron was amazed by the display of wealth. Finally, Harpy seemed to notice Jaron and Martin. “Welcome”, she greeted them“I see you brought Robb with you. Do you have a good explanation for that?”

Robb gave her a hasty nod. “A damn good explanation. I was nearly beaten to death by your pets for my loyalty!”, he proclaimed and Martin clenched his fists. “Maybe you have an explanation why they have attacked me while I was on an assignment from the Burned Man himself?” Harpy shook her head, closing her eyes. “We're talking about that later”, she mumbled and for a moment, it appeared as if she was blinking tears away.

“Is everything alright?”, Jaron asked immediately, taking a step towards her, completely ignoring Robb and Martin. She shook her head, pointing towards a small seating area in the corner of the entrance hall. “Let me explain”, she mumbled.

The four of them sat down, with Robb being seated directly next to Martin, who still seemed to be ready to finish his work. Jaron sat directly in front of Harpy as she took a deep breath. “While you were gone, a few things happened. First, a friend of yours is currently our guest”, she explained, but before Jaron could intervene, she cut him off with a handwave. “Later”, she said sullenly. “More importantly, while your friend was busy talking to the Burned Man, a message arrived”

This time Jaron actually saw tears in her eyes. “As punishment for the failure to capture your friends aboard the Princess, Butterfly took five of our little ones, tortured them, raped them, mutilated them and threw them out in the gutters to die”, she explained with a cracking voice. “The oldest was twelve. The youngest was seven. She was still alive when one of our men found her, but she died before she reached us”Again, she had to pause, slightly shivering. “Butterfly, Butterfly”, she mumbled. “That's what she said when our agent found her. A message. He is preparing for his endgame”

Robb let out a sigh. “Well, surely that's horrible, but they kinda knew the risk, right?”, he said, as Martin gave him a slightly shocked glare. Before he could continue, Harpy jumped up and in a swift movement she pulled out her hairpin and almost rammed it into Robb's crotch, holding it only inches away from him. The speed of her movement surprised Jaron, as well as the rage in her eyes, starkly contrasting her spine-chillingly cold voice. “Say another word, Robb, and you won't be a man anymore”, she whispered softly. “I won't tolerate you mocking them. They deserve better”

Robb, his face as pale as snow, gave her a shivering nod and she threw the hairpin on the ground, sitting down again, her dark reddish-brown hair now slightly covering her face. “They deserved better...”, she mumbled again and the sullen look in her eyes got replaced by a determined one. “Justice is the only thing left to give them. Butterfly is tearing this city apart if we don't stop him. I won't tolerate another dead child, tortured just to send us a message” The look she gave Jaron, but especially Robb, made him shiver. “Well, I got the fucking message. And I intend to send him an answer”

Robb leant forwards and started to grin, his bruised face regaining a bit of colour. “And perhaps I can help here”, he said and earned himself a sharp glare from Martin. “That is beyond debate”, the mercenary said. “We're not doing that!”

“What is it?”, Harpy asked and Jaron slightly closed his eyes. He knew what Robb was about to propose and he had hoped this wouldn't happen. For her sake, he had hoped Robb would just drop this. “I know how to lure Butterfly out of his hideout”, the man said with a sly grin. “The reason your new pet almost killed me. I was faking my defection to the Solvers. Was talking to the Tom. And I know how to contact them”

Harpy raised an eyebrow, looking to Jaron who gave her a short nod. “And how exactly can that help us?”, she asked, but Jaron understood from her slightly shaking voice, that she already knew what he was suggesting. “Butterfly is cautious, but we know that there is one prize he would claim himself”, Robb said and Harpy closed her eyes. “You're suggesting a trap...”, she mumbled. “That is either the chance we have been waiting for, or the most recklessly stupid idea I have ever heard...” She looked up at Jaron. “Can we be sure he's telling us the truth?”, she asked.

Jaron shook his head. “He said the Burned Man could vow for his innocence”, he explained. “But I can't” He looked her deep in the eyes and pressed his lips together. “Harpy, you know that this is dangerous” She gave him a nod. “I know”, she answered with a sad voice. “But after today, I don't care anymore”

She raised from her chair and looked towards one of the doors. “The Burned Man is currently speaking with your friend, Jaron. But I'm going to ask him about Robb now”, she explained. “In the meantime, make sure he doesn't piss on the floor, or whatever mangy dogs like him usually do” She looked Robb straight in the eye. “Behave, Robb. I haven't forgotten a damn thing you did and I certainly haven't forgiven it!”

With these words, she left the three men behind, entering one of the doors behind her. Robb was grinning at Jaron as he looked after her. “I see...”, the man chuckled. “So that's why such a noble knight like you is working with us” Jaron gave him an angry look, but it was Martin who answered first. “Not now, Robb”, the mercenary answered. “Not the right time”

This caused the mercenary to chuckle. “Excuse me, Martin, but I'm afraid someone failed to explain Ser Bastard here how things work” His tone sounded hostile and Jaron looked up. “What are you calling me?”, he hissed. Robb raised an eyebrow, his grin now making Jaron furious. “You heard me, Ser Bastard. Maybe I should call you 'Harpy's little toy', would that be better?”

Martin almost jumped from his chair as he turned to Robb. “Careful now, Robb”, he growled. This caused Robb to chuckle. “I think there are a few things that need to be explained to Ser Bastard”, he answered.

“Jaron”, Jaron muttered. Robb looked up, giving him a curious look. “What?”, he asked. “My name is Jaron”, Jaron answered. “Not 'Ser Bastard'. Call me Ser Bastard one more time and I will break your fucking nose!” Robb shrugged and leant back in his chair. “Alright then 'Jaren'”, he said, apparently slightly amused. “Maybe you haven't noticed it, but I see how you look at the precious little Lady Harpy”

Jaron narrowed his eyes. “What are you implying?”, he growled, noticing that his voice sounded more hostile than the wanted it to sound. Robb noticed it too and his grin got wider. “I'm sure it's hard to think clearly when she's close, right? Hard to focus when she bats her eyelashes, isn't it? Hard to disagree with her when she's so kind to you, don't you agree?”, he answered and leant forwards. “We have more in common than you think we have”

This caused Jaron to shake his head. “I am nothing like you”, he answered. “And I have no idea what you're trying to tell me” Robb's grin vanished. “Then listen, Jaren, listen and learn”, he said and Martin gave him a glare. “That's not a good time, Robb”, he said. Robb shook his head. “Oh, I'm sure there's never the right time to badmouth your little princess”

He looked back at Jaron. “Trust me, we have something in common. I mean, don't you see that this is their little trick?You come here into this city, alone, poor, desperate for work. And there she is, stunning, gentle, representing the less rotten side of this city. Charming, generous, apparently she's starting to like you just as you start to like her”, he explained, but was cut off by Martin.

“That's enough, Robb! Don't twist your story to make you appear like a victim”, he barked. Robb shook his head. “I don't twist anything”, he answered. “It's hard to believe, but when I came here, two years ago, I was actually quite a looker, strong, handsome and capable. Cheap alcohol ruined me, but before that, she ruined me. She made me do everything for her, everything to be close to her. But when I made a move on her, she shot me down, called me pathetic and disgusting...” He paused for a moment, his smile becoming a bit more sad. “Of course, at this point it was too late for me to get out of this. I killed for her. Never for him. He lacks her charisma, her looks. I did it all for her. Just like you do now”

Martin shook his head. “Don't believe a word he says. Robb was always pathetic, while Harpy is always kind when she meets someone new. He misinterpreted her behaviour towards him, developed feelings for her, when she was just polite. And when she did not reciprocate his feelings, he accused her of playing with him. Called her a few bad things. She nearly stabbed him for that. And that turned him into this drunken son of a bitch he is today”

Robb let out a sigh. “Sure, Martin. You never tried anything with her, you saw right through her. But Jaren here, he isn't as smart as you are”, he said and Jaron narrowed his eyes as he heard the man's insult. “Trust me, hedge knight, today she's all yours. But as soon as you have no use for her anymore, she will drop you like the bastard you are”

Jaron almost jumped up from his chair. Only the pain in his ribs prevented him from doing it. Robb noticed this and chuckled. “Your ribs giving you problems? Or do you have butterflies in your stomach, Ser Bastard?”

This finally caused Jaron to jump up, despite the pain. Before Robb could react, Jaron grabbed him at the collar of his shirt, raising his fist. "What have I told you?", he growled. The man grinned at him. “Oh, look how furious you get when I question your feelings... Go ahead, punch me. Maybe you'll find a spot Martin hasn't found yet. Or maybe you see the truth in what I say. We started the same way in this city. We have a lot in common, Ser Bastard

[Punch him] [Let go of him]

• edited May 2015

[Let go of him]

Awesome chapter

Jaron Jaron gave Martin a nod and saw the shocked look in Robb's face. “What?”, the man stuttered. “No... No!” He didn't manage to contin

• edited May 2015

There will be a bit more of Marak and Nora later in this chapter, but not that much. Sadly, Marak is among the PoV's who won't have a very long storyline in this chapter, but I'm nonetheless looking forward for writing his next part.

Bounden posted: »

Jarim teh Baztird! Is anyone else wanting to know what happended with Marak and Nora, AKA Norak?

• [Punch him] Shouldn't make threats if you can't do it, so lets just do it :D

Jaron Jaron gave Martin a nod and saw the shocked look in Robb's face. “What?”, the man stuttered. “No... No!” He didn't manage to contin

• [Let go of him]

• [Punch him]

• MadManLeeMadManLee Banned
    edited May 2015

( Let go of him)

• [Punch him]

Robb's a fucking ass.

• Hi, I'm kind of new and I don't know too much about story, but I know a Knight should't let anger or furry to prevail his action, behave as a King and fight as Warrior, he's already beaten [Let go of him] and not because is wrong and because he expect to punch him, prove him that he is wrong and you aren't a Bastard and a true Knight.

• [Let him go]

Great chapter!

• No restraint.

**[Punch him] **

Sign in to comment in this discussion.