I Won A Contest!

edited September 2009 in Wallace & Gromit
Back in June, I drew a fan-poster of Wallace and Gromits Grand Adventures and submitted it to the Wallace and Gromit art contest on the official website.

And I was lucky enough to make runner-up in third place!
CertificateOfWin.png

I didn't want to mention it until they had the piece up on the site. So I went to look a couple days ago and sure enough there it is. It got a lot of positive feedback too! (6 out of 6 ratings and not one negative comment.) Along with this URL you can also find it listed under the June '09 winners.

The entry-
http://www.wallaceandgromit.com/creations/view/4301

Fancy British Address on my prize(as I live in America this is the only thing from a British address I have)-
England.png

The Wallace and Gromit - Curse of the WereRabbit poster was a great prize, I really had a lot of fun with the contest! The thing is about as tall as I am!-

PosterWG.png

I just wanted to share this everyone because the entry is based on Grand Adventures and I'm really happy with how it turned out! It got me VERY fired up to maybe enter the contest again this Fall.

Comments

• edited September 2009
    CONGRATULATIONS! (And well deserved BTW, I wish I could draw like that). The address is mostly written fancy, it's really just your same old street/city/zipcode/country combination :)
  • edited September 2009
    Thanks. It's still pretty fancy to me. :D
  • edited September 2009
    Pretty Awesome, man Curse of the were Rabbit was a good movie.
  • edited September 2009
    That is so freaking cool. I'm a huge fan of Nick Park's brain. Congrats, SF.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited September 2009
    Nice art! That rules.
  • edited September 2009
    Mwahaha! Now we all know your name! Stalkers inbound!
  • edited September 2009
    That's really good!
  • edited September 2009

PosterWG.png

Ha, I originally thought that the mat was two curtains on either side of the poster, it looks as though Wallace & Gromit are gonna crash right through your window into you living room! Hehe!
  • edited September 2009
    Good stuff man - congrats!
  • edited September 2009
    Pale Man wrote: »
    Mwahaha! Now we all know your name! Stalkers inbound!

I dare you to try, my house is patrolled by armed elderly shaven samurai ninja robotic zombie vampiric ghostly busboy demon monkey businessmen 24/7. :cool:

But thanks for the great feedback, guys. :D
  • edited September 2009
    I dare you to try, my house is patrolled by armed elderly shaven samurai ninja robotic zombie vampiric ghostly busboy demon monkey businessmen 24/7. :cool:

But thanks for the great feedback, guys. :D

You must have a very intensive interview process to verify all those credentials.
  • edited September 2009
    Well done dude'.

I mean Micheal.

MWAHAHAHAHAHA!

And I can get to you, I have Anti-armed elderly shaven samurai ninja robotic zombie vampiric ghostly busboy demon monkey spray!

Oh crap. I should have gotten anti-armed elderly shaven samurai ninja robotic zombie vampiric ghostly busboy demon monkey business man spray.

Gah.
  • edited September 2009
    Wow, that's awesome! Congratulations!
  • edited September 2009
    Extremely well done, that picture is excellent, If I didn't know it was a competition entry I'd have thought it was more concept art, or even something from Nick Park himself!

If you have Google Earth, try typing "Bristol bs1 6un" in and see just where your prize came from!
  • edited September 2009
    Fury wrote: »
    Well done dude'.

I mean Micheal.

MWAHAHAHAHAHA!

And I can get to you, I have Anti-armed elderly shaven samurai ninja robotic zombie vampiric ghostly busboy demon monkey spray!

Oh crap. I should have gotten anti-armed elderly shaven samurai ninja robotic zombie vampiric ghostly busboy demon monkey business man spray.

Gah.

Hah. This made me laugh a lot.
    Extremely well done, that picture is excellent, If I didn't know it was a competition entry I'd have thought it was more concept art, or even something from Nick Park himself!

If you have Google Earth, try typing "Bristol bs1 6un" in and see just where your prize came from!

Wow, cool idea, Summoner! Google Earth is crazy, it's almost like I'm right there. :D I'll have to use it to browse some places like Hollywood and NYC sometime.

Seriously, thanks again. This contest hasn't seen the last of me.
  • edited September 2009
    nice one man. the art was awesome. congrats!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.