Details that people might forget, don't notice or just don't know about Tales From The Borderlands

Comments

• Alt text

If that doesn't get you hyped for choosing Jack, I don't know what will (and by hyped I mean terrified).

Also, Troy Baker playing Jack playing Rhys = everything. It's really subtle, which makes me wonder if it really is Jack as Rhys in the future scenes... O_O

• edited May 2015

I wanna hear it so bad but GAH - its not working on my mobile! ;_;

EDIT: Just switched to laptop and - okay I see what you guys are freaking out about now - EEK! Sohypedbutalsokindaworried

• Maybe they wanted Rhys to say it in the End of episode 2, but then realized it would be better if Handsome Jack said it..

• ...I heard this line when I was looking through the cut dialogue and I honestly didn't even realize it was Troy saying this and not Dameon. But if you really listen yeah you can tell!

I wasn't that big of a fan of Jack completely controlling Rhys body, but if I get to hear Troy do an AMAZING impression of handsome Jack I'm all for it.

• edited May 2015

Hyped? More like, yes, scared to death.

If that doesn't get you hyped for choosing Jack, I don't know what will (and by hyped I mean terrified). Also, Troy Baker playing Jack pl

• Neato! It actually would make more sense if they had left this line in because Jack seems to be controlling all the rest of Rhys's body at the end, so why not his mouth, too? But I would think that one reason they took out this line is because it could be seen as comical, especially after Rhys just told Fiona that it wasn't really him controlling the drones, and it would have taken away from the cool factor at that moment. However, because I see so much potential for comedy in having Rhys speaking his own mind and Jack's, I really hope Jack takes control of Rhys's vocal cords in the next episode. =)

• When Vasquez get's Vaughn and Rhys to dig up their graves, he refers to Vaughn as Mr. Universe.

Alt text

Either "Mr. Universe" is supposed to be a rude comment from Vasquez or we finally know a character introduced by Tales' last name.

Those unfamiliar to Borderlands 1, in General Knoxx's Secret Armory DLC we have the thing's currently trying to kill us.

Alt text

• we finally know a character introduced by Tales' last name

Hugo P. Vasquez? Saul Henderson?

Dapnee posted: »

When Vasquez get's Vaughn and Rhys to dig up their graves, he refers to Vaughn as Mr. Universe. Either "Mr. Universe" is supposed to

• Mr. Universe is just a reference to body building :p

When Vasquez get's Vaughn and Rhys to dig up their graves, he refers to Vaughn as Mr. Universe. Either "Mr. Universe" is supposed to

• So, I found 2 very interesting easter egg references in ep 1's sound files ;3

http://vocaroo.com/i/s03qzbfkYcD6

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0GcHvzPVTOr

• Please, those are middle names. Now, allow me to hide in the "wow u really messed up" bunker.

we finally know a character introduced by Tales' last name Hugo P. Vasquez? Saul Henderson?

• Wish they'd kept these in!

Poogers555 posted: »

So, I found 2 very interesting easter egg references in ep 1's sound files ;3 http://vocaroo.com/i/s03qzbfkYcD6 http://vocaroo.com/i/s0GcHvzPVTOr

• Ah yes, body building/weight lifters/super buff men covered in oil, the one thing I never payed attention to. I'll retract my previous claim, though I'll leave it as in the post. (I mean, that'd be a funny/cool last name for him.)

Poogers555 posted: »

Mr. Universe is just a reference to body building

• I don't know if this has been mentioned. But in episode 2, Fiona and Sasha talked about leaving Pandora. In episode 1, if you explore the caravan with Rhys, there is a poster about getting off-world to a planet known as Dionysus.

• Dionysus is also Lilith's home planet.

I don't know if this has been mentioned. But in episode 2, Fiona and Sasha talked about leaving Pandora. In episode 1, if you explore the caravan with Rhys, there is a poster about getting off-world to a planet known as Dionysus.

• I can't believe I didn't make the connection between the Lance Probes and the drones at the end of ep 2 - I knew they looked familiar!

• I know everyone's looking at Scooter's wide eyes like, "what's with him and her, why's he looking at her that way?" I think he could just as easily be starstruck. He just meets Fiona whom he recognizes from a racing event he's a huge fan of, and then Sasha, who was also part of that race just comes up right behind him? Then he stutters and scuttles away? Starstruck is what that reaction is, he was escaping to recover from shock.

• He actually just thinks Sasha is really cute. If you refuse to make a deal with Scooter you can call Sasha in, and the background behind her gets all sparkly as she acts flirty. Scooter can barely talk. Also in unused audio one of Scooter's lines referring to Sasha is something along the lines of "who was the girl with you in the race? Was that your sister? She was cuuuuuuuuuuuute."

Hbh128 posted: »

I know everyone's looking at Scooter's wide eyes like, "what's with him and her, why's he looking at her that way?" I think he could just as

• Alt text

Drinking some strawberry milkshake while I keep waiting.

• Oh, alright. I also visited the wiki page to confirm age. She looked pretty young to me, so that was making me feel weird.

LoseMyHome posted: »

He actually just thinks Sasha is really cute. If you refuse to make a deal with Scooter you can call Sasha in, and the background behind her

• Today I started a new save on episode 2, so episode 1 choices generated for me. So I got to the part where you go to Felix's hideout. During Fiona and Sasha's conversation about when Felix betrayed you, Sasha says "I can't believe you let him live" and Fiona commented "Well I did shoot him...." I didnt know it was possible to shoot him and let him live? Would this be a glitch or should it be experimented on?

• Probs a glitch, if you shoot him he explodes and dies

• It's really kind of a writing error. In my canon play through, I shot him, he died, and the thing came up saying "Sasha will remember that." Then in Episode 2, I got the same dialogue, where Sasha said how she couldn't believe I let him live and Fiona said she shot him.

• Well yeah. I just thought it would have been cool if you could somehow shoot him and he survived. Meh, thanks for the responses guys

• How the hell did I not see that!?! I saw the graffiti but couldn't really read it so I just passed by it. Damn.

When walking to the bar as Fiano, you will come by sine graffiti, some of it will say "Save Doug"

• I can't believe there was no The good, the bad and the ugly reference.

• Reviving Thread..... So far you havent been Fiona in the present, only Rhys has been controlled by you.

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

Actually she was the first person you controlled in the present, in episode 1.

bigdogg0821 posted: »

Reviving Thread..... So far you havent been Fiona in the present, only Rhys has been controlled by you.

• Well you actually controlled Rhys first(when he woke up being dragged through the desert and you could ask what was going on), but you did control Fiona when you explained what happened after Rhys "broke his heart" or "blew his mind."

dojo32161 posted: »

Actually she was the first person you controlled in the present, in episode 1.

• edited June 2015

Don't know if it's been mentioned, but in the vein of who is playable and who isn't- You might technically play as Jack in the scene where Rhys punches himself, as the arm does not move unless you press the button.

• Oh. Didnt remember that. I was about to say to dojo you first control Rhys :P

mirashade posted: »

Well you actually controlled Rhys first(when he woke up being dragged through the desert and you could ask what was going on), but you did control Fiona when you explained what happened after Rhys "broke his heart" or "blew his mind."

• I dont think anyone ever mentioned this, but Tommy from episode 1 is played by Troy Baker

• It's similiar to the Carlos and Sarah situation in Episode 3 of TWD S2, that was ossum!

mirashade posted: »

Don't know if it's been mentioned, but in the vein of who is playable and who isn't- You might technically play as Jack in the scene where Rhys punches himself, as the arm does not move unless you press the button.

• Here's a detail you might forgot - there's still no signs of Episode 3

;-;

• edited June 2015

Every Borderlands game begins with skag in intro. It also happens in Tales from Borderlands.

Borderlands
    Alt text

Borderlands 2
    Alt text

Borderlands Pre-Sequel
    Alt text

Tales from Borderlands
    Alt text

Alt text

• Uhm...Shouldn't it be the skag that gets ran over by Rhys and Vaughn in TFTB instead of this skag skeleton? XD

Janek95 posted: »

Every Borderlands game begins with skag in intro. It also happens in Tales from Borderlands. Borderlands Borderlands 2 Borderlands Pre-Sequel Tales from Borderlands

• I forgot about this one. But this skeleton is earlier in the game. You are right sir.

Crips posted: »

Uhm...Shouldn't it be the skag that gets ran over by Rhys and Vaughn in TFTB instead of this skag skeleton? XD

• Hey, nice find! I totally overlooked that.

Crips posted: »

Here's a detail you might forgot - there's still no signs of Episode 3 ;-;

• edited June 2015

If you don't grab Rhy's foot after he gets blown away by the Way-To-Fast-Out-Of-Control Caravan as Fiona, he won't lose his boot.....
    Later, when you meet "Assquez" for the first time in Episode 2 (After he rolls down his window), he'll say, "Nice Abs," to Vaughn instead of "Nice sock" to Rhys. :P (Sorry if this already mentioned)

At first, I thought he said "Nice ass" XD

Sign in to comment in this discussion.