I don't like them useing ****** as a bad guy...

I kinda hate that they are using Ramsey as a bad guy in this games. I mean he is a great bad guy but you already know we can't do anything to him. Yes maybe we will be allowed to slaughter the Whitehill's but it was Ramsey that killed Ethan. I want Asher to bash his head in....

Comments

• I agree since we can't do anything to him, but still, his presence in this game is always a lingering threat to worry about.

• I think it kind of makes sense. It may be a hint who the traitor might be but I think it's more likely that he's back at Ironrath to manifest the Boltons' influence as Wardens of the North. He's probably here to see Rodrik bend the knee and (at least threaten to) flay him alive if he doesn't comply. I'm aware that he knows the Boltons need the Forresters to keep a steady supply of high quality Ironwood arms and I think his attitude towards Rodrik might depend on whether he agreed to make an alliance with the Whitehills.

• I'm just afraid that I will hate Ramsay to the point of blindly hating Iwan who voices and plays him. Only the thought of Iwan being a nice guy prevents me from going absolutely mad at the presence of this character.

• edited May 2015

I actually think the game in this sense is interesting because it does justice to the show and game meaning "Not everyone who does wrong will get exactly what they deserve" so Ramsay taunting Rodrik and the Forresters for killing Ethan reminds me of the way Roose Bolton and Walder Frey taunted the North and The Starks after The Red Wedding. Not being to kill everyone you want to in Game of Thrones is a common thing that may be a hard pill to swallow for Telltale fans seeing as how Crooked Man, Carver, Stranger, St. Johns, Troy and most of the major antagonists are determinate or dead.

• But see that's not the point. I agree with you that bad guys winning is a great part of Game of Thrones. But if you read the books or watch the shows there is always at least a chance that said horrible character will get whats coming to them. But in this game we KNOW nothing is going to happened to Ramsey. That's what I don't like.

Clemenem posted: »

I actually think the game in this sense is interesting because it does justice to the show and game meaning "Not everyone who does wrong wil

• I also was angered when Ramsay showed up, especially right before we're going to meet with the Whitehills to trade. Since this psycho is canon, no way to kill him, unfortunately.

• edited May 2015

It's unfortunate. The only way I know to get around this is to try not to view him as a character, but as a force of nature. Like a tornado. He is there to fuck things up for you and there's nothing you can do to get rid of him. You just have to do what you can to minimise the amount of damage he does and wait until he leaves. That way there's still some suspense in his storyline, because the question isn't 'when can I kill him?', it's 'when is he going to show up again?' Pretty obscure, I know, but it kind of works.

My problem with him is that, following show canon, he's supposed to be at the Dreadfort and then Moat Cailin for the rest of the season, so he shouldn't be anywhere near the game characters. It takes days, if not weeks to travel and the Forresters really aren't important enough for him to be wasting his time traipsing backwards and forwards across the North for.

unseenclass posted: »

But see that's not the point. I agree with you that bad guys winning is a great part of Game of Thrones. But if you read the books or watc

• Who knows? Maybe you get your chance to eventually kill him in Ep 5 or 6 and the game doesnt go full canon? :D

• I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks this. When I heard Ramsay's voice, I literally said aloud, "Come on..." especially at that ending. Very anticlimactic. That's the second ending to an episode in a row for GoT that I genuinely did not like.

• I was upset, mostly because I greatly dislike Ramsey. :v Bastard already killed Ethan and ruined any chance of letting one of the best TTG protagonists a chance to grow and shine. If he kills Rodrik too it will be an even bigger freakin' waste.

• Exactly. Might as well have had Godzilla come tramping across the wall singing "nah nah nah nah nah." I'm still waiting for backlash for Whitehills, as they have ignored multiple direct flippin orders from Ramsay. But no, he's just gonna come stabbity stab more Forresters, cause why not?

It's unfortunate. The only way I know to get around this is to try not to view him as a character, but as a force of nature. Like a tornado.

• Ramsay is fucking terrifying, and knowing that you can't do anything against him is just making things more terrifying. But I like his presence, gives some good tension to the game :)

• True that. While I absolutely love Ramsay as a villain in the books, the show and the game, I gotta admit, having an untouchable villain does kinda take away the excitement. I can imagine the imminent disappointment of those who have only played the game and are eagerly awaiting till Ramsay gets his due- which he obviously won't, not in the game. And I don't see how this could end well for the Forresters either. Dealing with the Whitehills in any way is going to upset the Boltons and it's not like we're going to assemble a force big enough to defy them. Only hope I see for them is to join Stannis in his march to Winterfell if they want some justice on the current Wardens of the North, but besides that, I just don't see how the Forresters could possibly come out on top. Their only trumph card is being the only ones in Westeros who can produce quality Ironwood- that's it. And it's not like the Forresters THEMSELVES are craftsmen. They just give the orders. I reckon the Boltons could easily cut the Forresters down and just enslave the craftsmen who ACTUALLY possess the knowledge to handle Ironwood properly. There's only so much trouble the Forresters can cause before they become too much of a hassle for too little worth.

• Won't happen.

Dwainxx posted: »

Who knows? Maybe you get your chance to eventually kill him in Ep 5 or 6 and the game doesnt go full canon?

• I still miss Ethan...Such awesome potential for an awesome character act and character development...All destroyed by Ramsay Snow...

fayescarlet posted: »

I was upset, mostly because I greatly dislike Ramsey. :v Bastard already killed Ethan and ruined any chance of letting one of the best TTG protagonists a chance to grow and shine. If he kills Rodrik too it will be an even bigger freakin' waste.

• Despite the fact that Ramsay is a canon character even story wise it makes sense for him being untouchable as a member of house Bolton especially since we're playing as a minor house.

• I dislike him being the villain in this because he just feels like a walking reset button. You finally got some kind of headway in to this feud against the Whitehills, and SOME form of one-upmanship to at least finally not have the Forresters completely shit on every game, and then it's just like they go "Nah, here's Ramsey, here's your entire keep deserted and your sister stuck at the mercy of Ramsey, back down you go."

• But it's not the character I'm bothered about it, it's the use of him. The actual presentation of the character is excellent, but it just feels like the writers just go "So how can we kick the Forresters back down? They've had this moment of minor victory for five minutes too long. Ah yes! Ramsey!" and it's like everything is back to square one.

Clemenem posted: »

Nah, here's Ramsey, here's your entire keep deserted and your sister stuck at the mercy of Ramsey, back down you go." Is that not the point of a great villain? To destroy everything the hero has built to gain hate

• Nah, here's Ramsey, here's your entire keep deserted and your sister stuck at the mercy of Ramsey, back down you go."

Is that not the point of a great villain? To destroy everything the hero has built to gain hate

I dislike him being the villain in this because he just feels like a walking reset button. You finally got some kind of headway in to this f

• I know. I hate they used a canon character to kill one of the game characters in such a way. They have total immunity to death in the game because they are important to the show. So unless they are going to be given an off screen death (which would be unsatisfying to fans of the show), we can't get any vengence in the game.

• I dont really mind, Sometimes villans dont get their due. Also I'm hoping rather than being directly against us ramsey is more of a wild card causing chaos against whitehills and boltons

• Although, I'll add that I know that there's every chance they haven't just done that and it may yet prove to be an interesting development, and Telltale have generally shown themselves to be good storytellers many times over, I'm just talking about it at face value as it feels right after playing the episode. Maybe just reactionary, but in the minute it definitely felt a bit like a contrived way to kick the Forresters back down again.

But it's not the character I'm bothered about it, it's the use of him. The actual presentation of the character is excellent, but it just fe

• At this point, Ramsay would have become bored and probably had both families flayed.

It's unfortunate. The only way I know to get around this is to try not to view him as a character, but as a force of nature. Like a tornado.

• It's okay since we knew already we wouldn't be able to retaliate since Episode 1 ending.

I just hope that if Telltale ever produces a second season, they won't use another canon character in the same way.

• Indeed. 8U I wish they at least gave him a Carley/Doug treatment and let him live 3 episodes BEFORE getting violently killed off.

I still miss Ethan...Such awesome potential for an awesome character act and character development...All destroyed by Ramsay Snow...

• Having ramsey as a villain is like joining a pvp match on an MMO RPG as a level 1 and fighting against people who are level 50+

• Yeah but if they ever give us the option to try kill him I'm taking it even though I know it'll end in game over. Just idea of trying to kill Ramsey is very tempting lol.

• I don't mind at all that Ramsey's popping up in the game even though he's untouchable. Does a nice tie in to the show and adds some menace (those who watch the show need no introduction to what Ramsey's capable of--I was on the edge of my seat throughout the entire episode 1 ending), like a particularly dastardly piece of scenery. I can see how those who haven't watched the show might scratch their heads when Ramsey doesn't get his desserts in the game.

Still, I feel it is best that Ramsey is used sparingly (like he has been), otherwise his invulnerability in the game would become mocking.

• If it was Whitehill.. i'd stand up to him, i'd beat my chest and yell until he cowered in the corner..

But Ramsay is a psychopath.. and knowing you can't take him down in this game? God I just hope he's there to say that his father wants the Whitehills gone. Please no more killing Forresters.

• I don't think he's at Ironrath to kill anyone. I think he's like "Whitehills suck at Ironwood, your turn folks. And if you don't comply, I'll kill another Forrester."

Then Ludd gets pissy and attacks the Forresters for taking his Ironwood away.

• Someone on the steam forums mentioned having Ludd's brother or one of the elder sons show up in his place, one you dont know anything about and won't know what he's capable of

• Torrhen Whitehill would've been a good option as he's in Roose Bolton's service, so he may have access to at least a couple of soldiers.

That said, Ramsay might be there to negotiate Ironwood, not the Forrester/Whitehill problem.

stevean2 posted: »

Someone on the steam forums mentioned having Ludd's brother or one of the elder sons show up in his place, one you dont know anything about and won't know what he's capable of

• Ramsay has one weird negotation technique with his whole wanting to kill a second forrester threat.

JakeSt123 posted: »

Torrhen Whitehill would've been a good option as he's in Roose Bolton's service, so he may have access to at least a couple of soldiers. That said, Ramsay might be there to negotiate Ironwood, not the Forrester/Whitehill problem.

• edited May 2015

I actually think the whole point is, You cant kill him. Because in the world they live in you just couldnt, Roose would destroy your whole house. Ramsey is untouchable

• I don't like it either. He could do whatever he wants but we can't do anything to him since he is canon

Sign in to comment in this discussion.