Anyone else finding the show...?

To just not be as good as it was? At first, I didn't really have a problem with the changes from the books to the show but I feel like some of the changes they made to be so stupid. Especially the Dorne scenes and the Sand Snakes, I was really looking forward to them but they ruined them imo.

Hopefully season 6 can come back from it, but as of right now I still prefer the books and at this point the game over the show.

Comments

• Yeah, I'm starting to feel the same for the reasons you mentioned. Season started out interesting, but there's just been a whole lot of nothing really happening for me to feel invested like I have been.

Hope Season 6 will be better.

• edited May 2015

Is it as good as last season? Heck no. But, it's still great in my opinion and still the best show on tv.

(Game better than show? Nah)

• edited May 2015

Nope, Ive been enjoying it very much. People complain because there havent been a bunch of wow moments like last season but they spent three seasons building up to those moments and now theyre rebuilding things. I was kind of losing interest a tad bit because the books are taking so long, but my interest had been reinvigorated not knowing exactly whats going to happen all the time. Thats why i love the changes. The Sand snakes, im willing to give them a chance to find their footing.I mean, its all a matter of preference but its been working for me. I just love being in this world, revisiting my favorite characters, looking at the beautiful scenery and getting a kick out of the mix of book material and new stuff. They have nothing to come back from IMO. They can only push ahead.

• edited May 2015

This guy here gets it ^. And personally I've been liking the Sand Snakes. The youngest one Tyene atleast and no not just because we saw her naked lol. I thought her acting was great in the Jail scene.

KCohere posted: »

Nope, Ive been enjoying it very much. People complain because there havent been a bunch of wow moments like last season but they spent three

• TV shows starts to suck when you can feel that there is some noticeable changes in the story. (And this mostly applies to book/comic/whatever based shows)

And that's why I get extremely picky with tv shows that I watch since I know that the story would just drag on to the point of being unenjoyable.

• They show is leaving out the best parts from this point in the book.

• Some of it is better (like Dany and Tyrion actually meeting), while some of it is distinctly worse, especially the Northern plotline. I feel like this game does a much better job showing the North's respect for the Starks than the show does.

• Cope49Cope49 Banned

No. You are wrong . That show is getting better and better .

• Nope, I feel the show is getting better. I love this season so far.

• I can do well without the other Greyjoys so that doesnt bothher me.

• The show probably isn't as good because they're running out of book material to adapt, and so they're adapting fumes and using their own creativity.

• I think its good that they are able to do that, or else we'd have no show. I admire their creativity.

Lycancola posted: »

The show probably isn't as good because they're running out of book material to adapt, and so they're adapting fumes and using their own creativity.

• not much going on in the show at the moment ... bit stale ... not disappointing but weaker imo

• I disagree that there's not much going on. So much is happening and being set in motion.

not much going on in the show at the moment ... bit stale ... not disappointing but weaker imo

• You are just being cynical asshole

• Agree completely, I hate the changes theyre making. I'd rather them do the things that happened in the books. I was dying to see everybody's reaction to... THAT scene.

• The Greyjoys, Jon Connington and company, two of Doran Martell's children, Jamie's war efforts, the siege of Mereen, etc. There's more but I'm just noticing when I try to start up the GoT game my Ps3 crashes so I need to take care of this.

• edited May 2015

Oh absolutely. The North and Wall is still good, but Dorne sucks and Kings Landing isn't much better. Especially Loras could have been so much better as a character.

Whether the Dany storyline is good or bad hinges on how well they manage the Pit scene. Though losing Barristans moment there does not give me too much hope.

I've seen posts elsewhere claim Jaimes story in the books wouldn't have worked because sieges are boring. It wouldn't have been a siege though: it would have been Jaime Lannister meeting the Blackfish, shitting on some Freys and showing that he too can solve problems with guile.

• What scene?

Gary-Oak posted: »

Agree completely, I hate the changes theyre making. I'd rather them do the things that happened in the books. I was dying to see everybody's reaction to... THAT scene.

• The scene with jon in the books.

What scene?

• Please, do not insult other members.

You are just being cynical asshole

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CY0Qjx5K53o

I was referring to this, and I was drunk, sry.

Please, do not insult other members.

• I think it is getting better. Because we are reaching the point where the story becomes unpredictable because we can no longer count on the knowledge from the books.

• Especially the Dorne scenes and the Sand Snakes, I was really looking forward to them but they ruined them imo.

I dont like dorne either but what exactly was so good about the book plot? The sand snakes have done literally nothing so far and I felt oberyn was much better in the show

• What makes you think its not going to happen? We have four episodes left.

The scene with jon in the books.

• edited May 2015

You know what, I feel the same way about book Dorne. People keep going on about how the Sand Snakes were so much better in the books, but what did they do except talk? The only one who did anything was Arianne and we saw how that turned out.

Especially the Dorne scenes and the Sand Snakes, I was really looking forward to them but they ruined them imo. I dont like dorne ei

• I think we'll get it this season.

• Ellaria is basically book Arianne, A good change I thought, rather than create another character.

You know what, I feel the same way about book Dorne. People keep going on about how the Sand Snakes were so much better in the books, but what did they do except talk? The only one who did anything was Arianne and we saw how that turned out.

• I like the game a lot more than the show, or the books for that matter.

• I agree

Ellaria is basically book Arianne, A good change I thought, rather than create another character.

• The reality of the situation is most people complaining about this season are those that have actually read the books which I believe to be the minority of those that watch the show. This is why I stopped after the third novel....Nobody in my family or network of friends who have not read the book has a problem with this season by far. In fact most feel this last episode was the best of the season so far.

• I'm finding the game far more interesting right now then the show. If anything the writers should try to work with telltale and bounce ideas off of each other. Won't happen but it'd be cool.

• So because I have a different opinion than you, I'm an asshole?

k

You are just being cynical asshole

• Did you watch the video? It's just a joke from South Park

So because I have a different opinion than you, I'm an asshole? k

• Oh yeah. Season 5 is IMO a bit meh compared to the previous seasons.

• I feel as though it's leading up to something big.

It's been a bit bland up until now but I'm still enjoying the season.

I dunno about Dorne though, I'm just not feeling it, I'd rather see what the Greyjoy's are doing to be honest.

• The show just seems to be running out of steam from my view. I'm still reading the first book, so I can't comment on what was changed in the show, but I feel like everything's in a bit of a deadlock. Daenerys doesn't seem to be planning on taking the Iron Throne any time soon, and I could understand if she's waiting for the Lannister forces to be distracted, but who would distract them? Stannis? He'll be lucky if he can march on Winterfell at all with his army bogged down in the snow, and if he can't take over the North, then he certainly can't go south. Unless the Greyjoys show up again or the Sparrows weaken the Lannister somehow (they do have King Tommen's mother, wife, and brother-in-law captive), then how is the situation going to change.

• Well I agree. I did not read the books so the changes are not affecting me. But this season has just been slow and boring. NOTHING has happened. This whole season seems more like a build up to a Ramsay death.

• It's the perfect season finale.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.