Episode 4: From 0-10 ?

2»

Comments

• I give it a 10/10! I like how it just immersed me in the atmosphere of the game, the fights were epic and it was a really good plot line in this episode.

• VERY strong 9/10...

Great plotwise, felt very smooth in transitions, and had very nice action scenes.

The only thing I was disappointed with was Ramsay's return but it did help plotwise to introduce us to a already very threatening secondary villain's new conflict with the story. Everything felt wrapped up at the end of Rodrik's return from Highpoint...We made a deal, we had Ironrath back, and everything seemed nice...Ramsay changed that fast.

• 9.5/10 - It was a REALLY good episode with a lot of difficult choices to make.

• 9/10 - Best episode yet! If Telltale keeps going strong with this series, its definitely gonna turn out to be there best game yet!

• Rarely do I agree with someone so wholly, especially online. But yeah, exactly what you said.

LoseMyHome posted: »

I'm surprised at how polarizing this episode has been. People seem to either love it or hate it. I personally loved it, my second favorit

• Geez

This episode is as bad as the sixth episode in season 5 of GOT. Anybody having this bug where there's no sound when people hit something,

• haha how cute :3 U think ttg gives us a choice^^

9.5/10 - It was a REALLY good episode with a lot of difficult choices to make.

• So I'm excited. Some people hate it or some people love it and say it was the best ever. i think I will love it too

• I'd say 9/10 since there were a couple of inconsistencies but overall it was brilliant.

• I take back what I said originally. After replaying, I would rank it equal to E2 and ahead of E1.

• edited May 2015

9/10

Positives

• Knocking Gryff's head off
    • Ludd 'Attack' troll
    • Mira turning Ludd's King's Landing advisors against each other
    • Badass Glenmore's bringing what looked like LOTR Elven warriors
    • Finding Whitehill shields with holes in them

Negatives

• Ramsay bolton...
    • Beska doing everything possible to ruin Asher's unification with House Forrester
  • Maybe, but the feelings for Rodrick aren't fake, or at least I think they aren't.

She's using you.

• You know, if you don't forge the letter to gain the betrothal you're forced to give away half of Ironwood, if you don't get the betrothal House Forresters will be left.with no allies, since Arthur will eventually back up if things get fishy (maybe he even died if you let him stay at Ironrath) standing up to Gryff or not MAY make the chance for peace in the future much harder if not impossible, as maiming him. Now what happens if you accept Withehill's offer and don't call his bluff? Do things change or not?

JetLee posted: »

I agree. I expected Telltale to do more to make the game stand out. However it feels like a half baked TWD clone. The choices do a lacklu

• 9/10

My favourite episode so far.

• edited May 2015

9/10. My favourite episode thus far, strong plot and plot progression, good balance between action and dialogue and it had an overall impressive atmosphere. I was genuinely scared for certain characters several times. I feared for both Cotter and Finn when the Wildlings attacked, I feared for Ryon and pretty much every one that had accompanied me at Highpoint and I feared for both Beshka and Croft in Essos (they're both fucking badasses.) Even though many decisions didn't carry as much weight as they seemed to do, Telltale did a good job of making me believe otherwise. Only complaint is that they didn't show how Gared and friends escaped from Castle Black, I reckon it would be quite hard to accomplish and Telltale made it seem like every oaf with legs could just desert at any time. Otherwise really awesome tho, and I'm thrilled for the next episode.

• Change isn't simply what I'm asking for. I'm asking for change that does a good job of creating the illusion of choice. So far Game of Thrones has done a pretty poor job at that.

Losing the iron wood or not doesn't make a difference because your iron wood capacity is not a gameplay resource. I cannot interact with it mechanically in any way, shape or form so it feels like this imaginary resource that doesn't exist rather than the only thing which is holding the house's finances together.

What do you mean by Arthur backing up (didn't spend more than 1 playthrough on this latest episode so I'm not aware of all the possibilities yet)?

That waits to be seen,

Things change for maybe about a minute than everything divulges back to the linear story.

You know, if you don't forge the letter to gain the betrothal you're forced to give away half of Ironwood, if you don't get the betrothal H

• I mean that di you leale the garrison at Ironrath instead of fighting the Boltons if you didn't get the betrothal he might have just left when situation became too dire, that's a possibility, as is the fact that Ironwood might prove useful at the end.

JetLee posted: »

Change isn't simply what I'm asking for. I'm asking for change that does a good job of creating the illusion of choice. So far Game of Thron

• best episode of the game. very intense and we got a lot of places to see. Mereen, castle black, even in Kings Landing.... You got a whole lot more to watch than with the tv show. I like that. particulary Mereen this time.

• edited May 2015

I do.

Alt text

Xemnes posted: »

haha how cute U think ttg gives us a choice^^

• Solid 9/10. Was actually impressed how this whole episode turned. I think it's the first one where I actually enjoyed all POVs.

• 9/10 Really, really good episode, a lot of story and action. Also mainly tons of choices that had nice effects and nothing disappointing about them at all

• I enjoyed it. 8.75. Story was really good, and so was the action. Even had a funny Easter egg I've been told.

• ep4 was an 8 for sure. its not as good as TFTBL in my opinion but this episode and ep3 have made me like this series almost as much as TWAU

• edited May 2015

Awwww there you go little fella...there you go... Alt text

I do.

• Srsly? TWAU was incredible boring for me^^

ep4 was an 8 for sure. its not as good as TFTBL in my opinion but this episode and ep3 have made me like this series almost as much as TWAU

• To each their own :)
    I will admit some parts of TWAU aren't the most exciting but I found it interesting and engaging. I was so disappointed when the season was over ;(

Srsly? TWAU was incredible boring for me^^

• .... yet I don't see choices mattering anymore in Tales tbh

I also personally think Thrones is the strongest Telltale series as of right now

kaza125 posted: »

Well I've personally not been enjoying GoT as much as Tales, mainly cause of the whole choice impact thing. So 6.5. I think out of TWD, TWAU, GOT, TFB, GoT is the weakest.

• Imo this is Telltale's most underrated game. Maybe its because of the weaker graphics, the slower moving plot, I don't know why but for some reason this gets a lot more hate than necessary. For me, this is Telltale's best game so far and I am yet to be disappointed by it.

So I'm excited. Some people hate it or some people love it and say it was the best ever. i think I will love it too

• edited May 2015

8 or 8.5/10. Great action scenes and plot development, but the whole thing was a bit underwhelming than I originally thought it was gonna be. But overall a great episode and definitely my favorite Telltale series.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.