What were your reactions to the "Attack"?

For those who picked the "Attack" option during the confrontation with Ludd Whitehill, what were your reactions?

At first I cheered when I saw the hatchet smack that pig in the head, then shouted in horror as Ser Royland was impaled, then teared up as Lady Forrester and Rodrik were shot down, shouting to myself "What the FUCK did I just DOOOO?!"
Then burst into a chuckle fit as I saw Valar Morghulis appear on the screen.

Maaan, Telltale really trolled the crap out of me.

Comments

• edited May 2015

I used this before, but this gif pretty much sums up those range of reactions rather well

Alt text

• When it happened I was like: omg, Rodrik and Elissa are dying! How the fuck the story is gonna continue!? Oh....the game over screen....FUCK!

• Rains of Castamere starts playing in head.

• edited May 2015

Anyone have a playthrough where that happens? I want to see it. :D

EDIT: Nvm, found it. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWeOPUGpHp8

• I actually picked attack I had the Glenmores at my back and it made it so much more intense. When everyone started dying I was on the verge of crying then the game over screen came up my heart was beating so damn fast.

• At first I was over joyed at seeing Ludd get an arrow through his thoat, then I was horrified when everyone died. When it was over I couldn't help but laugh at how ridiculous the whole thing was.

• edited May 2015

Wow, I'm pretty sure in my playthrough both Gwyn and Arthur were killed as well. And Ludd was shot with arrows, not killed with an axe.. Wonder what the conditions for the change is. I'm going to assume it's not having Arthur and his men with you ? I also had Duncan with me.

Pipas posted: »

Anyone have a playthrough where that happens? I want to see it. EDIT: Nvm, found it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWeOPUGpHp8

• If you pick soldiers it also nearly everyone dies? Is there any option to get Ryon back?

• Heart attack and screamed the shit out of my. even after the *Valar Morghulis *screen

• It was my favorite telltale sequence in a while. Wish it was real. I think its a taste of what were going to get in the finale

At first I was over joyed at seeing Ludd get an arrow through his thoat, then I was horrified when everyone died. When it was over I couldn't help but laugh at how ridiculous the whole thing was.

• Yep, I'm certain it's that choice.

jedimagic posted: »

Wow, I'm pretty sure in my playthrough both Gwyn and Arthur were killed as well. And Ludd was shot with arrows, not killed with an axe.. Won

• edited May 2015

Nah, only this has happened. :D

Alt text

Also, Rodrik is shaking a bit, too much milk of the poppy?

• edited May 2015

Ludd dies: GOT IT COMING JER-!!!
    Arthur dies: FAIR TRADE I GUES-!!
    Gwyn dies: WOW, HOLD ON A SE-!!
    Roland dies: OH NO YOU DIDN-!!
    Elissa dies: MOTHERFU-!!!
    Rodrik dies: THE HELL DID I DO?!!
    Game over screen: Haha, alright Telltale, you got me here.

• Alt text

Mostly like this. I was worried it was real for a moment.

• I was intrigued to pick the attack just to see what it'll be happen with Forrester also with the story itself and how it'll be the final ending, but I was disappointed that telltale didn't manage to put any real meaning choice in their game so far, they could learn some tips from BioWare, however we assume that Forrester will be death and it'll be useless to play with Ryon, Mira even Asher, whatsoever I would still enjoy to play seeing Asher save Ryon and revenge his dead family or any scenario.

Here is the link some nice walkthrough
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjPKzQ8cino

• I laughed a little at it because it was the first "decision" scene that actually had an absolute wrong answer in it. and I don't realize it until I see 'Valar Morghulis' appear on the screen.

• I hoped that I would see the glennmores kick whitehill ass since they are elite but I was just surprised.

• To be honest, the first words out of my mouth were ' Wow, that Red Wedding reference was a little on the nose Roderik. Either that, or Bloodraven is sending you premonitions. '

• edited May 2015

Ludd's death : WOUHOU !!! FUCK YEAH !!! :D ^^

Arthur's death : Damn, but I still have the other ones. :/

Gwyn's death : Fuck. :( Well, it's not that grave. :(

Duncan's death : NOOO !!! You fuckers !! :-(((

Rodrik's death : WTF HAVE I DONE ?!!! :'((

Valar Morgulis : Holy shit ! Haha ! (Couldn't restart right away, my heart was beating too fast xD )

• My reaction: Man I wish they were ballsy enough to keep that in as an actual choice.

• This is obviously a some kind of parody for Red Wedding.

• Yes, a very obvious one.

This is obviously a some kind of parody for Red Wedding.

• I picked [Attack] out of curiosity. At first, I really thought it was a legit outcome. Considering I had made Talia the lord while I was away and left Royland (my sentinel) and the Glenmores at Ironrath. I thought that this would result in Talia becoming the new player character. But then the "game over/valar morghulis" screen appeared and I was all "oh. whoopsie".

Then I called Ludd's bluff on the second go.

• I WAS SO UPSET. At first, I was like, "No, I got this. I'm good" AND THEN EVERYONE STARTED DYING AND THOUGHT WE WERE HAVING A RED WEDDING OF SORTS. THEN the game was like loljk just start over and I screamed

• I always thought that my decisions were going to kill one of the main characters but killing Lady Forrester, Rodrick and Ser Royland was too much. And even Rodrick says the line "Mother" same as Robb Stark did. So intense. The Vahlar Morghoulis screen was epic. A great joke from Telltale. I love this guys.

• Ludd's death: "Die, you pig!"

Arthur's death: "No! My fiancé is gonna be pissed!"

Royland's death: "Watch your back, Royland!"

Gwyn's death: "Don't know, don't care!"

Elissa's death:"SCREAMING VERY LOUD"

Rodrik's death: "I CAN'T DO THIS"

• Is it comparable to "put the gun down, bitch!" line from TWD? My friend was in stitches after picking "attack" and he said it felt like that.

• I said some choice words while I still thought it was a legit choice. Then I lol'd pretty hard.

• Agreed. Before the Valar Morgulis screen popped up I was thinking "I'm actually okay with this outcome... mutual destruction"

• edited May 2015
    • Whitehill gets an axe to the head

FUCK YEAH!

• Duncan gets stabbed

Oh shit...

• Lady Forrester gets hit by an arrow in the shoulder

OH SHIT

• Rodrik gets hit by arrows

Wait a minute

• Rodrik says "Mother" before bleeding out

This seems an awful lot like the Red Wedding, but good god that was intense

• Valar Marghulis

TELLTALE YOU BASTARDS!

• edited May 2015

I had a low-key panic attack watching everybody get wiped out like that. Then when I got the "Valar Morghulis" screen I laughed and realized that Telltale had just trolled the royal fuck out of me.

• [Attack] (I had Glenmores and Royland) Arthur kills Ludd. Two arrows kill Gwyn. Crossbow kills Arthur with a bolt through the eye. Elissa gets an arrow to the shoulder. Every archer dies as well. Rodrick gets ''Robb Starked.'' Valar Morgullis.

[Bluff] Ludd lets go of Ryon to trade for Gryff. Will not give him to you until you're on neutral soil. (Ryon is dead next episode with these choices.)

If you pick soldiers it also nearly everyone dies? Is there any option to get Ryon back?

• How do you know Ryon isdead if you [Call his Bluff]?

• I was like WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF. And when I saw death screen, I laughed so damn hard. Telltale just had to troll us about killing the Whitehills, didn't they?

• It felt a lot like the Red Wedding, and my mind sung "The Rains of Castamere".

• In my ending Rodrick said, ''I can't believe I trusted him.'' My best guess is trusting Ludd got Ryon killed due to:

-Beating Gryff (Stopped before using the cane, so 3 punches.)

-Killing Gryff's soldiers (Order Arthur to kill anyone who moves.)

-Bring the twenty elite guard of the Glenmores to Highpoint (Ludd is threatened.)

-Refuse to be the slaves of the Whitehills. (Ludd's ''offer'' for the Ironwood.)

-Ryon's ''Iron from Ice!''

-Ramsay Snow's capture of Ironwrath. (Freedom for Gryff and his soldiers, thus having no leverage to have Ryon back.)

-"Next Time on GoT'' Ramsay says that Ethan was the first Forrester to die. He wouldn't be the last.

These are my reasons to believe Ryon is dead next episode.

How do you know Ryon isdead if you [Call his Bluff]?

• I'm going to be honest with yall right now. I legitimately thought it was a canon option because I was so horrified that the moment I saw that arrow pierce through Arthur's eye(I brought the army with me), I didn't even know that a Valar Morghulis screen would appear. I paused the game and went back to the main menu to redo my options which is something I never do in a telltale game! lol

• I thought the Glenmores were stupid for all wasting their arrows on the SAME man. They should have aimed for the men above them after Arthur took out Ludd. Maybe if they did that, it could've ended differently.

Nightmare1 posted: »

I hoped that I would see the glennmores kick whitehill ass since they are elite but I was just surprised.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.