The Trade

I think this "trade" is going to go horribly wrong.. I surely hope everyone knows that.

If you beat Gryff, shit will break lose.. Ryon will most likely get his neck snapped.

I never hurt Gryff, I have to do what's best for the family and beating Gryff will mean certain death even if Ludd doesn't care about his fourthborn.

Comments

• I punched Gryff once, so he has a slight cut on his cheek. But Ryon has cuts on his face too after Ludd scratched him up during the meeting. So the way I see it, we're even.

• the trade is cancelled since the "satan ex machina" aka Ramsey Snow arrived. Gryff is probably free already.

• How could he know Gryff is in the cellars?

the trade is cancelled since the "satan ex machina" aka Ramsey Snow arrived. Gryff is probably free already.

• Gryff and Ramsay are now BFFs

the trade is cancelled since the "satan ex machina" aka Ramsey Snow arrived. Gryff is probably free already.

• Actually, Ludd cares about Gryff.

• I still think that there isn't going to be any trade because the Glenmores are going to kill him in secret. Think about it, if Griff returns to Highpoint, he and Elaena will get married. That's why she wanted him dead but I really really hope that isn't true and doesn't happen.

• I'm not sure if the trade will even happen Ironrath is empty so I don't think Ramsay freed him Gryff may be dead or gone.

• He took over the whole place. All Forrester-people are gone (some even dead presumably). It's very, very naive to believe he didn't look for his whitehill buddys after he found out the whitehill garrison he installed in ep. 1 was removed.

How could he know Gryff is in the cellars?

• edited May 2015

Yeah, I don't believe the trade will happen, either.

Ramsay has obviously taken over Ironrath. He may have flayed and killed some or all of its people, and freed Gryff afterwards. However, IMO it's just as likely that he went there to demand better ironwood from the Forresters since what the Whitehills gave him sucked, so he was probably already angry at the Whitehills for that. Add to that the fact that Gryff failed at keeping the Forresters in check, and Ramsay might actually have flayed him and his men first because the Whitehills failed him and he now thinks the Forresters are his best option for good ironwood. If that were the case, then the Forresters wouldn't have anyone left to trade for Ryon...

• We no longer have the advantage over Ludd. With everyone gone, including Gryff (presumably) and the Glenmore army (if you chose to keep them at Ironrath, which I did -__-) and Ramsey breathing down our backs now, there is little chance that Ryon will successfully be traded. This is why I knew that Lady Forrester had to keep her mouth shut with all of her early celebrating. It totally jinxed everything for the Forrester family.

• People keep talking about how Ramsay showed up to free Gryff and kill the Forresters but it's just as likely that Roose Bolton is already tired of the Whitehills and their shoddy ironwood being delivered behind schedule and sent Ramsay to negotiate with Rodrik.

If Ramsay wanted to intimidate Rodrik he wouldn't hide flayed bodies.. he'd display them openly. We can't kill Ramsay and we can't hurt House Bolton.. so i'm going to assume that we'll be able to target the Whitehills at some point without the Boltons interfering.

• Is Ramsey capable of reasonable negotiation? 8U The man seems to be ax crazy from what I've read. I'm afraid of what will happen next. I hope Elaena wasn't flayed...

• He's a wild card, no doubt about it, but he can be reasoned with if his father sent him with a purpose. No telling what he might do on the side, though.

fayescarlet posted: »

Is Ramsey capable of reasonable negotiation? 8U The man seems to be ax crazy from what I've read. I'm afraid of what will happen next. I hope Elaena wasn't flayed...

• I hope that Ser Royland took Gryff and Elaena and made a run for it. Maybe Talia even commanded him to do so, while Ramsay killed the whole bloody other lot of them

• Or maybe he's been flayed?

• I took Royland with me to the Whitehills.. and left Arthur and his men behind. Either way it would be cool to see Talia take charge like that.

MsDanceALot posted: »

I hope that Ser Royland took Gryff and Elaena and made a run for it. Maybe Talia even commanded him to do so, while Ramsay killed the whole bloody other lot of them

• ...and Arthur

MsDanceALot posted: »

I hope that Ser Royland took Gryff and Elaena and made a run for it. Maybe Talia even commanded him to do so, while Ramsay killed the whole bloody other lot of them

• edited May 2015

Right, well Talia commanded the person you left behind. I took Duncan with me in my first playthrough and Ser Duncan in my second (in which one I took the Glenmore's with me). Maybe they fighted the way out of there while Talia took one for the team. There wouldn't be much of a chance for us if my whole smallfolk, Gryff and Elaena were lost. That's a battle we can't win.. There's not even a chance then anymore. Perhaps we can still trade our ironwood knowledge with Ramsay Snow for our better half and Ryon.

I took Royland with me to the Whitehills.. and left Arthur and his men behind. Either way it would be cool to see Talia take charge like that.

• Did anyone attack Ludd at high point? Royland can throw an axe; nailed him right between the eyes. Too bad it's a dead end choice though, but it felt good especially after beating the crap out of Gryff.

• I agree. In the 'next time' teaser, Rodrik lives long enough to receive a raven. Possibly, from Mira about Ludd gathering an army, to which he exclaims "I can't believe I trusted him" referring to the trade which they agreed would be on neutral ground- which Rodrik suddenly realizes is not the case. The next, and most popular, is that will finally discover the identity of the traitor. Either way, Rodrik Obviously survives the confrontation with Ramsay Snow because he couldn't have received the raven if he didn't, also, he didn't seem wounded so Ramsay doesn't do much damage if any. My best bet, is that the Whitehills are unable to provide and Ramsay wants the Forresters to solidify a greater role in the iron wood business again. He probably does some threatening,though, as the Forresters have continued to be uncontrollable. Who knows, maybe will get lucky and Ramsay will find this whole situation amusing, as long as we continue to bend the knee to House Bolton of course.

People keep talking about how Ramsay showed up to free Gryff and kill the Forresters but it's just as likely that Roose Bolton is already ti

• If you bring Duncan, he'll also throw an axe. And if you brought the Glenmores, Arthur shoots Ludd in the neck with an arrow. Everyone still dies though.

MosesARose posted: »

Did anyone attack Ludd at high point? Royland can throw an axe; nailed him right between the eyes. Too bad it's a dead end choice though, but it felt good especially after beating the crap out of Gryff.

• edited May 2015

I know that's why I said it's a dead end choice.

LoseMyHome posted: »

If you bring Duncan, he'll also throw an axe. And if you brought the Glenmores, Arthur shoots Ludd in the neck with an arrow. Everyone still dies though.

• The trade is already off! The Whitehills have Ryon, but we don't have Gryph anymore.

I'd say we're fucked. Again.

• I sure hope so... If he wants ironwood from us, things might not be THAT bleak.

JakeSt123 posted: »

He's a wild card, no doubt about it, but he can be reasoned with if his father sent him with a purpose. No telling what he might do on the side, though.

• i think the trade well be at the end of episode 5 and something bad is gonna happen, like an ambush or something, episode 5 well probably end on a cliffhanger

• We don't know that

Maybe they escaped with gryff ?

Arya_Stupid posted: »

The trade is already off! The Whitehills have Ryon, but we don't have Gryph anymore. I'd say we're fucked. Again.

• I doubt Ramsay freed Gryff, I doubt he even cares about Gryff, and the Glemores if left behind likely evacuate the civilians when word of his coming arrived. Ramsay is back because of the low production of Iron wood and he's likely angry at both the Forresters and the Whitehills. Now is the time to prove the only the Forresters can produce Iron Wood in the numbers he needs.

So I think the trade is still on, and that when the traitor will reveal themselves.

• my opinion stands Talia commanded the person you left behind and/or the Glenmores to take Gryff and Elaena and make a run for it.

He took over the whole place. All Forrester-people are gone (some even dead presumably). It's very, very naive to believe he didn't look for his whitehill buddys after he found out the whitehill garrison he installed in ep. 1 was removed.

• Now I feel like I royally messed up by leaving the Glenmores at Ironrath... O:

FetchWalker posted: »

I still think that there isn't going to be any trade because the Glenmores are going to kill him in secret. Think about it, if Griff returns

• Because Ramsay Snow as turned up to Ironrath unexpected, I think he would of let Gryf free. So I dont think we will be able to make the trade, because we wont have anything to offer for Ryon so we might be forced to accept Ludd Whitehill's deal to get Ryon back.

• We don't know anything for sure.

Maybe a Snow spider ate them. Maybe Buttstallion and Rhys came from Pandora and led them to safety.......

But, considering that Ironrath is EMPTY, aside from Thalia and Ramsay (regardless of whether you took or left the Glenmores behind). And Ramsay being a Whitehill ALLY. I would say it's a fair assumption on my part, that Ramsay, who appears to be in control of Ironrath at the moment, would have asked where the fuck Gryph (his loyal stooge) was hiding, if he wasn't present when Ramsay arrived.

Either way, Gryph is no longer in our possesion to trade for Ryon, as we have NO bloody idea where he is.

HelloMyLord posted: »

We don't know that Maybe they escaped with gryff ?

• Just know shits going down and people bout to die!

• edited May 2015

Ramsay probably flayed Gryff.... you never know with that guy

Gryff and Ramsay are now BFFs

• But technically we don't HAVE any Ironwood....

That is one thing about this 'truce' with the Whitehills that really bugged me. They stole or were given all of our Ironwood forests, then they want US to help them make weapons/sheilds, and tell them our trade secrets about manufacturing and artistry. But they don't offer any incentive, aside from Ryon. I just don't get it.

The Whitehills caused this problem, stole our livelihood, tried to break our House and beat us down.....but they need our help now?

fayescarlet posted: »

I sure hope so... If he wants ironwood from us, things might not be THAT bleak.

• the Glenmores are going to kill him in secret.

I want this to happen. I would love to see how many people would turn on the Glennmores.

FetchWalker posted: »

I still think that there isn't going to be any trade because the Glenmores are going to kill him in secret. Think about it, if Griff returns

• actually , there is a possibility that they aren't allies anymore

Remember at the end of the meeting in highpoint ludd says something like : "god have mercy on us both when the boltons come looking for their ironwood"

We don't know anything for sure. Maybe a Snow spider ate them. Maybe Buttstallion and Rhys came from Pandora and led them to safety......

• I just assumed that's because i refused to help him with his little problem. Refused to become a slave to the very people who destroyed my House. Or to give them the means to do it better.

The flippin Whitehills took all of our Ironwood forests. I don't see why the Boltons should be looking to us for Ironwood if they really know the business that their loyal bannermen are about. But maybe you're right, and the Boltons have figured out that the Whitehills have been acting out of turn. Could be interesting. Now i'm glad i was polite to Ramsay when he showed up. Fuck i hate Ramsay.

HelloMyLord posted: »

actually , there is a possibility that they aren't allies anymore Remember at the end of the meeting in highpoint ludd says something like : "god have mercy on us both when the boltons come looking for their ironwood"

• The boltons are not allies with the whitehills, they want ironwood. They dont care about either house.

I imagine everyone is locked in the cellars

I just assumed that's because i refused to help him with his little problem. Refused to become a slave to the very people who destroyed my H

• It's GOT

"If you think this story has a happy ending................................."

• The Whitehills are the Boltons bannermen. Which means they are indeed, their allies. Out of necessity if not choice.

The boltons are not allies with the whitehills, they want ironwood. They dont care about either house. I imagine everyone is locked in the cellars

Sign in to comment in this discussion.